Thread: Did any of Lee Chum Foon's successors match/surpass his dagger skills?

Default Did any of Lee Chum Foon's successors match/surpass his dagger skills?

After Lee Chum Foon was gone, his flying dagger skills survived through his successors (e.g. student Yip Hoi and Lee's own grandson). Did these successors manage to match or surpass Lee Chum Foon himself in the dagger skill, or were they inferior to him?

I remember reading a quote in GL's story 'Hero without Tears' where someone asked what was the most horrifying (最可怕) weapon in the world and someone answered Dagger Li's Flying Dagger. The answer was that, in the past, it might have been (most horrifying) but after his death, no longer. This would imply that no one else after him had surpassed or matched his skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by remixedasian View Post
    6: Duan Yu is the greatest martial artist of all time

Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    I remember reading a quote in GL's story 'Hero without Tears' where someone asked what was the most horrifying (最可怕) weapon in the world and someone answered Dagger Li's Flying Dagger. The answer was that, in the past, it might have been (most horrifying) but after his death, no longer. This would imply that no one else after him had surpassed or matched his skill.
    That's so sad and unfortunate. Why was that so? Was it written as such so that Dagger Li would be the singular legend in the skill? It's unfortunate if there was no student that could surpass the skills of the master. It's like having children, you always want your babies to be better than you, be it in intelligence, character, or looks.
    I like me.

Well at the end of Bordertown, Jing Wuming did pronounce that Ye Kai had inherited the righteousness of Little Li, and thus, his dagger was now invincible under heaven.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”