Page 14 of 84 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Default Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei OST MV

The Official Ending Theme Song MV just released today!
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-22-10 at 08:13 PM.

This MV is giving me girly giggles.

It's been a long time since I've eagerly anticipated a series (probably the last one was BXJ'07), but I've been following the news on this and can't wait for the new year to come when this will be released! For now, I'll just have to wait until December when Hu Ge's MV of the opening theme song is supposed to be released.

Hmm ... seems like Wallace Huo's character saves Liu Shi Shi's a lot.

Thank you for posting! I burst into girly giggles too.

Looks like an amaaazzing wuxia series! I can't wait to see this!! Ooohh, early 2011. Really looking forward.

LSS scenes with Wallace Huo look really touching. I like the part where she looks lovingly at him at the beginning of the ending theme song MV while he's in an emotional grind (about losing his bride to Edwin Siu?). LSS is getting really good at acting unrequited love

Heheheh - Wallace Huo & LSS, new hot couple to replace YH & LSS

Any news whether she will kiss Wallace?
    Last edited by kengyew; 11-22-10 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeShiYuan View Post
    I agree with you!!! He looks so sexy looking messed up...LOL
    lol i know right? idk though, i think it might just be the way the character's written. his character in CP3 was just too goody and quiet and...blah. kinda boring (no offense, xiao xiao ) and totally turned me off. but his character here seems so much more interesting! ok. done ranting

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    and actually...(dont shoot me for saying this!) i just might like wallace & LSS better than LSS & YH....they look like they have good chemistry

I'm hook on this series already, anymore pix of LSS & wallace together

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    and actually...(dont shoot me for saying this!) i just might like wallace & LSS better than LSS & YH....they look like they have good chemistry
    I feel like I'm committing a horrible crime for saying this but...I agree! There's just something about them that's just so interesting and real. If someone's going to replace YH as LSS's ultimate shipping buddy, I do hope it's Wallace Huo.

LSS-Wallace Huo coupling in Strange Hero definitely looks much better than a potential YH-Ruby Lin coupling in Qing Shi Huang Fei.

Ruby - she's pretty but she's been looking kinda mature lately. She's suitable as Empress Dou in MRXJ but I think it's a bit of a stretch for her to act as a young princess in Qing Shi.

I'm glad Wallace Huo is LSS' new hot leading man with whom she has SIZZLING chemistry - Yay!!!

As for YH, his female co-stars in Mi Wu Shuang Long look like his aunties. Even Tang Yan looks more mature than him in BTS pics of Ad World.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-23-10 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I feel like I'm committing a horrible crime for saying this but...I agree! There's just something about them that's just so interesting and real. If someone's going to replace YH as LSS's ultimate shipping buddy, I do hope it's Wallace Huo.
    Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I'm glad Wallace Huo is LSS' new hot leading man with whom she has SIZZLING chemistry - Yay!!!

You girls are unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YH has only been out of the picture for couple of months and he's already been replaced by Wallace Huo How your hearts changed so quickly! heheheh....

Okay, so I was a little skeptical about Wallace and LSS coupling at first. Could you blame me? After seeing the trailer and the 60 minutes preview, there were so little or no interaction and no romantic scenes (except the part where they were glaring into each other's eyes when San Niang was about to get married) between them. I was thinking to myself "oh no, not another Tian Ya". I just don't want to see LSS following another male lead again....

Sooooooooo...after seeing the MV-so far so good, it looks promising Very touching, and I'm glad there were signs of love developments. Whether Wallace and LSS have chemistry, we'll have to wait, I'm still not convinced with just the MV....hehehe.

One more thing...I confess!!! I confess!!! and admit!! I agree with you girls. If anybody was to replace YH as LSS's leading man, I would also like it to be Wallace. They do look cute together in Strange Hero, though I had always thought they would have made a cute couple since I saw them both in CP3 although they weren't a couple in that series ( I think I said this 10X already...hehehe)
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-23-10 at 02:46 PM.

^Lol, but YH had his time and Clothing the World the world made me bored of YH-LSS (probably because they handled the relationship horribly). I'm sure my interest would be revived if they did another project that's more on the level of LOCH, but I think most of the audience would start to get bored of them always being together (I'm certainly not bored of them, though). I know they were only a couple in 2 things, but it feels like more for some reason. Anyways, if they were to re-unite for another series/movie in the future, I wouldn't object at all! But meanwhile, we have to find someone new to fill up his place.

Yeah, but what was really attractive about YH-LSS was their BTS camaraderie and close friendship, which is why it seems to everyone they have been an onscreen couple more than 2x.

See how LSS keeps to YH's side during press interviews, frequently touching his arm and looking at him, and YH answering questions on her behalf. I didn't see that with HG with whom she did even more press events.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    You girls are unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YH has only been out of the picture for couple of months and he's already been replaced by Wallace Huo How your hearts changed so quickly! heheheh....

One more thing...I confess!!! I confess!!! and admit!! I agree with you girls. If anybody was to replace YH as LSS's leading man, I would also like it to be Wallace. They do look cute together in Strange Hero, though I had always thought they would have made a cute couple since I saw them both in CP3 although they weren't a couple in that series ( I think I said this 10X already...hehehe)
    oh xiao xiao...dont you berate us when you feel the exact same way!! lol
    but yeah. i was kinda hesitant about LSS-Wallace at first too, but then i saw the MV and i am now fully convinced they are going to look great together

I total love them together in this series

Yeah, but ultimately onscreen chemistry is artificial and can be played up (Strange Hero) or destroyed (Tian Ya Zhi Nu) by the capricious cut of the producer's (Karen) knife.

What was engaging about YH-LSS was their off-screen close friendship and rapport. Some examples:
    - 2007 Shanghai TV Fest - Star TV interviews YH/LSS. YH reveals that he and LSS' mom are drinking buddies.
    - 2008 LOCH publicity - YH always answers questions on LSS' behalf.
    - Tian Ya Zhi Nu BTS - LSS knows YH secretly likes pink. So she buys him pink earphones for his b-day.
    - Fantasy Zhu Xian BTS - LSS sprays silver paint on YH's hair.
    - 2010 Shanghai TV Fest - LSS frequently gets stuck with questions and hands mike to YH.
    - Tian Ya Zhi Nu Nanning TV Show - LSS comes out holding YH's arm. Then sticks to him during photo sessions with the dog (making Janine look like 3rd wheel)
    - Recent Sohu and Youku interviews - LSS touches YH frequently when talking about their BTS experiences. Then sticks to him during photo sessions (making Edwin look like 3rd wheel)

Don't think Wallace Huo is drinking buddies with LSS' mom. Also didn't see any friendliness between them during BTS shots.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-25-10 at 02:00 AM.

LOL....xiaolong, look like you got all the bases covered!! I agree with you about the off-screen chemistry and close friendship of YH-LSS in real life (hopefully that didn't change due to him leaving). I don't think anybody could or would be able to compare with that....not even her "brother" Hu Ge

I think a lot of us here agreed that Wallace looks good with LSS as well as YH, and it also appears that they do have chemistry according to the MV (yet to be determine when the series come out). I think the reason Wallace and LSS didn't look like they were close BTS was because he is so much older and more mature than her. It's his personality, he seems to be more mature than any of his co-stars in other series as well (by watching his interviews and BTS).

Something to laugh with

Don't know if anybody seen this part of the blooper from CP3. I thought Wallace was cute and so adorable in this clip
    Who would have guessed that a guy called White Tofu (Wallace) and the sweet Long Kui (LSS) would one day become an onscreen couple. Enjoy....

Also, a fan-made MV of them prior to Strange Hero

Hu Ge, Ady An, Liu Shi Shi, and Wallace Huo Edition of Guai Xia Yi Zhi Mei
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-26-10 at 01:17 AM.

Hmmm...I still think Wallace Huo's hunk factor lags behind Wallace Chung and YH. I still find Peter Ho and HG more attractive than Wallace Huo.

Or maybe because I never liked CP3 - contrary to most people on spcnet.tv.

But I guess there is no other choice for LSS besides Wallace Huo. Wallace Chung has already made it very clear that he doesn't want to work with Tangren. YH has left. HG's too busy with Jackie Chan's projects. Peter Ho is transiting from acting to producing.

Last edited by xiaolong; 11-24-10 at 11:27 PM.

To each their own preference I guess ...hehehe.

Though I liked all the actors mentioned above, and even if they were available, my choice for this particular role would still be Wallace Huo
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-24-10 at 11:53 PM.

I think the reason Wallace and LSS didn't look like they were close BTS was because he is so much older and more mature than her.
    Hmmm...just rewatched some of the BTS clips. Too bad they look kinda remote from each other off-screen. I get the impression they are not even friends - merely professional acquaintances.

The thing is, the most remembered onscreen pairings are those where the actors have BOTH onscreen chemistry and a great off-screen relationship, e.g. Jerry Yan and Barbie Hsu, Joe Cheng and Ariel Lin, Hu Ge and Ariel Lin to name a few. People wanted Hu Ge to be with Ady much more than with Liu Yifei in CP bcos Ady and him got along so well off-screen.

Wallace Huo isn't even among Liu Shi Shi's friends on her wei bo, neither is she in his, even tho Wallace Huo has always been very active in his wei bo. Even Yang Mi (Karen's arch enemy) is still on Liu Shi Shi's wei bo, although they are not communicating.

So unless Wallace Huo and Shi Shi start hanging out off-screen, I have my doubts whether they will be a superbly popular onscreen couple.
    Last edited by kengyew; 11-25-10 at 08:16 AM.

Red face

So unless Wallace Huo and Shi Shi start hanging out off-screen, I have my doubts whether they will be a superbly popular onscreen couple.
    Oh, I never expected Wallace and LSS to be a very popular on-screen couple. All I ever wanted was for them to be a couple in a series after CP3, and my wish came true! Whether they have chemistry or not, that's a different story and we'll know soon enough.

I also doubt Wallace and LSS hung around each other that often off-screen. She gets along more with actors/actress her own age such as Yang Mi and Ma Tianyu.

Will these pictures do for now?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i32.tinypic.com/2e1as5e.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i49.tinypic.com/2hdpmpt.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/2uf9a1w.jpg')

Poor San Niang all tied up!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/2s9oknc.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2w2o8k4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/1z4h1sn.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-25-10 at 09:52 AM.

Let's see how they fare during press interviews...

Anyway, I think LSS should go out with more hot straight guys (Ma Tianyu not included 'cos he's gay). YH has been going out with Ruby so often that the Chinese press think they are dating.