Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Hmmm...I still think Wallace Huo's hunk factor lags behind Wallace Chung and YH. I still find Peter Ho and HG more attractive than Wallace Huo.
    lol xiaolong, i love your list of guys. just saying. they're like the exact same ones as me! haha

Let's see how they fare during press interviews...

Anyway, I think LSS should go out with more hot straight guys (Ma Tianyu not included 'cos he's gay). YH has been going out with Ruby so often that the Chinese press think they are dating.
    is Ma Tianyu really gay??

Fan-made Trailer

LSS in the News (November 24, 2010).
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/14vpwqq.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/nn1oxv.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-26-10 at 01:11 AM.

I'm convinced Strange Hero will be LSS' breakthrough role as an wuxia heroine - like Michelle Yim in the 1980s! I don't think she acted as a top wulin fighter in previous roles right? Yellow Dressed Maiden bit role's not counted. Mu Nianci, Luo Siniang and Princess Jiayi are all damsels in distress. Dunno about CP3 and White Snake 'cos I couldn't sit through them.

I'm crossing my fingers that LSS will have a role in Bu Bu Jing Xin. I just noticed she recently added Tong Hua's wei bo to hers.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-26-10 at 03:31 AM.

LSS haven't make a series that represent her. Maybe this is the one for her

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    You girls are unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YH has only been out of the picture for couple of months and he's already been replaced by Wallace Huo How your hearts changed so quickly! heheheh....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    ^Lol, but YH had his time and Clothing the World the world made me bored of YH-LSS (probably because they handled the relationship horribly).
    I tend to disagree with the rest here.

For Wallace to even hope against hope to replace the "Hong" in HongShi, he has to be much more in tune with her.

Karen can mercilessly delete YH's chemistry with LSS in Tian Ya Zhi Nu/Clothing The World, but she couldn't obliterate LSS' off-screen chemistry with him.

For example, will Wallace be game enough to ballet dance with LSS on stage? YH instinctively ballet posed with LSS at Nanning, giving the cue to others to follow. Remember...ballet was LSS' first love. Following her ballet moves without fear of looking funny is the best form of flattery for her.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2057/balletpose2265x640.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4691/balletpose3356x640.jpg')

Even Hu Ge didn't do that for her when she danced during one of the CP3 promos. Whereas during LOCH08 promo, YH immediately got up to ballet dance with her (even though he's certainly not the ballet type):
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/8783/balletpose640x483.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6459/balletpose1639x460.jpg')

I'm not confident of Wallace's off-screen with LSS, seeing how he distant he was from Tang Yan at CP3 promos & interviews.

I'LL MISS HONGSHI!

But that said, I am looking forward to this series as I've always loved the Iljimae stories.
    Last edited by yangjia; 11-26-10 at 09:09 PM.

I'm crossing my fingers that LSS will have a role in Bu Bu Jing Xin. I just noticed she recently added Tong Hua's wei bo to hers.
    Crossing my toes too!! Why not right? She's available and not doing anything at the moment (not that we know of). LSS adding Tong Hua's....hmm...*hint..hint*....
    Not to mention...YH and LSS in a series together again would definitely draw ALOT of attention to the series (not repeating Tian Ya of course)..

And yesssssssssssss....I agree with everybody. Nobody can compare to YH+LSS offscreen chemistry....they are like two peas in a pod

Fan-made posters of Strange Hero (last poster's my favourite )
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/25019bo.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/2ptdpqv.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/2hcdjex.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/vyqq1t.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-26-10 at 10:42 PM.

I don't like LSS head piece, just stand in the way

xiaolong....could this be another hint LSS will be in Bu Bu Jing Xin?

ShirleyKFChan:诗诗来试了初次造型,美极了!她头一次穿旗鞋,可乐呢!
    ShirleyKFChan的微博:t.sina.com.cn/1736054945

Then she's definitely in it. The sentence is saying she's wearing the Qing Dynasty head-dress.

Who's Shirley Chan? Sounds like a Hongkonger - she writes in Canto Chinese. And looks like she's a really good friend of Charlie Yeung, one of my favourite HK actresses in the mid-1990s. Well, this gives me hope that Charlie Yeung will appear in a Tangren production one day.

I'm quite surprise because I don't think LSS was in the Bu Bu cast line-up at all. There must have been last minute changes - why up to now they haven't publicize the cast list when filming is going to start on 1 Dec? Zhang Ji Zhong, Yu Zheng etc publicize their cast list at least 2 months before filming.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-28-10 at 01:20 AM.

You know how Tangren like things low-keyed. It may be a last minute thing like you said......
    Isn't the conference for Bu Bu Jing Xin the 29th? We'll know for sure Monday. YH and LSS again if its true!!

Bu Bu Jing Xin, Is this suppose to be a series or something?

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    Bu Bu Jing Xin, Is this suppose to be a series or something?
    Yes, Bu Bu Jing Xin is going to be Tangren's most expensive production, with NHK as a major investor. It will be adapted from a very popular novel by Tong Hua. Will start a thread on it when the cast list is ready.

I think it would make sense to have LSS be in the production. She's the only available artist from Tangren since Hu Ge cannot be in it and YH is not with them anymore. Besides, they would have to finish filming Bu Bu Jing Xin first before filming Tian Zihen (if LSS is not in Bu Bu Jing Xin, she would have to wait like 5-6 months to film Tian Zihen).
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-28-10 at 05:07 PM.

Well, I heard Lin Gengxin will also be in Bu Bu Jing Xin cast and I'm sure Guo Xiaoting will have a supporting role. But let's wait till next week to see who's on the list. At least we know for sure YH and LSS are in it. YH for 24-26 episodes. I hope LSS' role will be substantial.

At one time, talk was rife that YH won't be in Bu Bu Jing Xin. And LSS only added Tong Hua to her wei bo a week ago or so. Also Bu Bu Jing Xin was suppose to start filming in Oct.

I have the feeling there were last minute cast changes.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-28-10 at 07:50 AM.

WOW!!! I've been away for ages and it's a real treat to see so much news on Shi Shi's new series! THANKS!!

I'm looking forward to Shi Shi's revamped identity as a top female wulin martial artist a la Michelle Yeoh, although I don't think the black hat looks flattering on her. I thought she looks too tomboyish in Strange Hero, so I beg to differ about the chemistry with Wallace. I think the chemistry would work better if she looks really feminine and fragile-looking to contrast with Wallace's bad boy look. But that's just my opinion.

But if she's going to be in Tangren's new Qing Dynasty drama, I think she would look super in a finely embroidered Manchurian outfit - that's a look we've never seen her in before.

Quote Originally Posted by yangjia View Post
    I'LL MISS HONGSHI!
    MOVE ON!...Shi Shi deserves someone new. Yuan Hong's been stepping out everywhere with Ruby Lin (I know because I follow the news in Taiwan about Ruby, not about him!). Even read he bought an apartment in Beijing in the same district as hers. Jeez...I hope Ruby doesn't become a cougar.
    Last edited by aloysius; 11-28-10 at 11:50 AM.

Wow! Another one of LSS's fan popping up after a long absence...hehehe.

Hmmmmmm....
    I think the chemistry would work better if she looks really feminine and fragile-looking to contrast with Wallace's bad boy look
    I don't know....if she have the fragile-look, it wouldn't be consistent with her wuxia-heroine stature. Besides, I am tired of her damel in distress roles and look...this is different. She'll have a feminine look in the series that's not shown yet....like this one.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i41.tinypic.com/2uyj4wj.jpg')

Well, I heard Lin Gengxin will also be in Bu Bu Jing Xin cast and I'm sure Guo Xiaoting will have a supporting role.
    Yes, I've heard that too. Though they're Tangren, I don't considered them the apples of Tangren's eyes yet...hehehe.

At one time, talk was rife that YH won't be in Bu Bu Jing Xin. And LSS only added Tong Hua to her wei bo a week ago or so. Also Bu Bu Jing Xin was suppose to start filming in Oct.

I have the feeling there were last minute cast changes.
    Hmmmmmm.....for some odd reason, I've always had this inkling that LSS will be in the series(maybe because I wanted her to be in it..LOL), ever since I've read somewhere about somebody's blog stating that LSS admired Wallace Chung. So, all along I was thinking, hmmmmmmm....maybe she will be in it, and they were trying to get Wallace Chung so they can be a couple! LOL
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-28-10 at 05:01 PM.

Is LSS the lead of Bu Bu Jing Xin? Who else in Bu Bu Jing Xin?

Is LSS the lead of Bu Bu Jing Xin? Who else in Bu Bu Jing Xin?
    LSS will definitely be in Bu Bu Jing Xin but not sure if she's going to be the lead.

Yuan Hong, Kevin Cheng and Lin Gengxin are definitely going to be in Bu Bu Jing Xin.

Kevin Cheng revealed that he will be 8th Prince (see snippet below from a recent interview with him in HK) and the main female lead will be a Mainland actress. He also revealed that Bu Bu Jing Xin will have 30 episodes:
    以新造型亮相的郑嘉颖,除了在中国横店拍摄邱礼涛导演的电影《秋谨》,12月初更会接拍由中国网络小说改编 的30集古装剧《步步惊心》,饰演八阿哥角色。女主角从现代穿越时空到古代,想改变他被四阿哥(雍正)陷害 的命运。至於女主角谁属?
    他尴尬表示,“我只知她是中国女演员,但我没见过她。”
    The female lead role is Ruo Xi, a girl from modern day who got transported to the Qing Dynasty period. She tries to change the fate of 8th Prince who will eventually be harmed by 4th Prince.

I hope they dub Kevin's voice. His Mandarin sounds wierd.

According to Karen's wei bo, Yuan Hong will filming 24-26 episodes (total series will have 30 episodes) but we don't know what his role will be yet. His filming requires 70 days, which is why she's reluctant to release him for Ruby's series.

The confirmed cast list will only be announced on 6 Dec 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    I've read somewhere about somebody's blog stating that LSS admired Wallace Chung.
    OOOHHH...she has the same taste in guys as me!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-29-10 at 07:57 PM.

Is Bu Bu Jing Xin the same as Jade Palace? Somehow the story kind the same.

Is Bu Bu Jing Xin the same as Jade Palace? Somehow the story kind the same.
    The author (Tong Hua) of Bu Bu Jing Xin and Tangren (which bought the copyright to the book) are suing Yu Zheng Workshop (which produced Jade Palace) for copyright infringement. Not sure how the lawsuit is going. Anyway, looks like they can't stop Jade Palace from airing because broadcast for that is confirmed for 2 Jan 2011.

Of course, Yu Zheng changed parts of the story. Jade Palace has a lot more comedic elements whereas Bu Bu Jing Xin is seriously tragic. 4th and 8th Prince are also a lot younger in Jade Palace.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-29-10 at 09:48 PM.