Page 16 of 84 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

I was just looking back at the Strange Hero Exclusive Preview and parts of Young Warriors. It's definitely the same voice actor who dubbed Wallace's Li Ge Xiao and Peter's Yang Silang.

Actually that's one issue I have with most Mainland series. Why do they have to dub? Why not use the actors' real voices? OK, maybe Wallace's and Peter's Mandarin may sound too Taiwanese, but what's wrong with LSS' real voice? She's born and bred in Beijing - Beijingers speak the most standard Mandarin around. Her spoken Mandarin in press interviews sounds more than good enough for national TV.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-30-10 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I was just looking back at the Strange Hero Exclusive Preview and parts of Young Warriors. It's definitely the same voice actor who dubbed Wallace's Li Ge Xiao and Peter's Yang Silang.

Actually that's one issue I have with most Mainland series. Why do they have to dub? Why not use the actors' real voices? OK, maybe Wallace's and Peter's Mandarin may sound too Taiwanese, but what's wrong with LSS' real voice? She's born and bred in Beijing - Beijingers speak the most standard Mandarin around. Her spoken Mandarin in press interviews sounds more than good enough for national TV.
    her real voice sounds a lot more mature~ which i find very appealing, but may not suit the role she plays.

so why did they dub her voice?

On the bright side, at least LGL picks better dubbers than ZJZ. In some ZJZ things, I can't describe it too well, but the voice doesn't fit with the face.

Strange Hero Opening Theme Song unveiled! Hu Ge in studio recording the Theme Song...
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-01-10 at 05:42 AM.

I like it better than the LOCH08 and TYZN theme songs. Hu Ge has a great singing voice. But I notice he's been looking quite dazed lately - e.g. his pics at the restaurant opening, at the recording studio.

But honestly, I wish they will add in some traditional Chinese erhu type of instruments in the accompaniment, like what TVB used to do. IMO the drama with the best theme song of all time was TVB's 1982 Tim Lung Bak Bok (Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils), the very first TVB drama directed by Li Guo Li (known as Lai Kwok Lap back in the 1980s) - it had that wonderful blend of Cantopop with traditional erhu. And those were the days when actors used their real voices to speak real authentic Cantonese. It's just not the same anymore.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-01-10 at 09:51 AM.

I quite like the opening. Hu Ge has a really distinctive voice.

I like it better than the LOCH08 and TYZN theme songs. Hu Ge has a great singing voice. But I notice he's been looking quite dazed lately - e.g. his pics at the restaurant opening, at the recording studio.
    its no wonder he's dazed, its EVERYWHERE lately! the poor guy needs a break. lol

but i like the song! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    its no wonder he's dazed, its EVERYWHERE lately! the poor guy needs a break. lol
    Hu Ge completely exhausted after recording Strange Hero's theme song.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5162/hg4.png')

I like the song! Hu Ge has a great voice. Looking forward looking forward.

I don't know about you but I prefer the LOCH end song better than this. I think I used some traditional instrument in that song than this one

Hu Ge completely exhausted after recording Strange Hero's theme song.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5162/hg4.png')
    aww he looks so tired! lol

Poor guy...take a break! How can he film 3 things at the exact same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Poor guy...take a break! How can he film 3 things at the exact same time?
    exactly. i didnt think that was physically possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    exactly. i didnt think that was physically possible.
    Hu Ge performed at the Southern Chinese Charities Festival 2010 at Guangzhou Memorial Hall in between filming 辛亥革命 (1911 Revolution).
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjI3MjU0OTg4.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6UdBLr5sGg
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-04-10 at 03:34 AM.

On the bright side, at least LGL picks better dubbers than ZJZ. In some ZJZ things, I can't describe it too well, but the voice doesn't fit with the face.
    Not sure which ZJZ voices you disliked, but all the ones I disliked were where the actor used their own voice (i.e. no voice dubber). E.g. HR and GJ in LOCH, YG in ROCH. The characters who are actually dubbed over I liked the choices. Even in LGL series--I didn't really like HG's voice in CP3 and kind of wished they dubbed him over. Sometimes it's not that the actors don't have nice voices or standard Beijing accents, it's just that their voices sound too "modern" for ancient series and professional dubbers do a, well, more professional job.

I know a lot of people do prefer actors' own voices though, so I guess it really depends.

I actually love Zhou Xun's voice so I'm glad her voice in LOCH wasn't dubbed over. IMO, a lot of dubbers (not all) have voices that are a bit fake and similar sounding, so it can get annoying in certain scenes. The way I see it is that some characters should have dubbers, but other characters aren't exactly your typical ancient series people. It just doesn't seem right that characters like that would have the typical ancient voices (stern for male and cute/whiney/housewife-like for female). And a voice-box is a voice-box. They haven't changed immensely over the years.

Huang Rong is a unique case who wouldn't have much in common with most other women of her time, and I also think that Zhou Xun's face with anyone else's voice would be strange. Yang Guo grew up in a cave, so he's not going to be like the rest of society (I still agree that HXM's dubbing was a bit overdone, but I wouldn't say the problem is with the "modern" voice).

Hey, didn't know TVB also had its version of Ilijimae/Strange Hero! Came across this interesting clip about TVB's version:
    http://www.nanxun.org/dsj/201011/1990363.shtml

Here's the lyrics to Strange Hero theme song sung by Hu Ge:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/372/lyricsm.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-04-10 at 08:39 PM.

^The guy in the TVB clip isn't nearly as stunning and hot as Wallace Huo. That's all I shall say.

I really want some new photos or clips or...anything, really. 2011 is too far away!

I really want some new photos or clips or...anything, really. 2011 is too far away!
    ugh i agree. i come here everyday looking for some news