Page 24 of 84 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Ooops sorry.....false alarm..hehehe. Something went wrong with the original content of my post
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-25-10 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I just finished watching episode 5. Actually, I watched it twice. Yi Zhi Mei has a pretty awesome headquarters. I love the scene where Li Ge Xiao says something like "This group of uncles and aunts will help you" and San Niang says "Who's her aunt?". LSS is so fierce, lol. And Wallace makes some pretty cute expressions in this episode.
    There were a few Ge Xiao-San Niang interactions. I also love the scene with the wine/medicine.
    Cliffhanger...

Oh, and it's Huo Jian Hua's birthday on December 26th. It should already be the 26th in China, so happy birthday!
    Oh yeah....that's right! HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALLACE

Oh! Was that what San Niang was saying! I knew she said something and LGX was giving her this look...heheh I thought that was cute

So, San Niang replaced his wine and tea with medicine? I was wondering why he spitted it out...LOL..hehehe.

Yeah, I caught LGX cute expressions too! I especially like when the kids were fighting for the buns and he gave this expression with his brows....so adorable!

Can't wait til you guys watch ep. 14, you're surely laughed, I did...and kept watching it over and over again..

xiaolong....is this what you're looking for?
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=962534022
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-25-10 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Oh! Was that what San Niang was saying! I knew she said something and LGX was giving her this look...heheh I thought that was cute

So, San Niang replaced his wine and tea with medicine? I was wondering why he spitted it out...LOL..hehehe.

Yeah, I caught LGX cute expressions too! I especially like when the kids were fighting for the buns and he gave this expression with his brows....so adorable!

Can't wait til you guys watch ep. 14, you're surely laughed, I did...and kept watching it over and over again..

yeah, at first san niang put medicine in his wine flask, and then he was like, fine i'll just drink tea but she put it in the tea too
    i liked all of wallace's cute expressions and the teeny little san niang-ge xiao interactions as well!
    and i dont mean to pressure you or anything xiao xiao, but when does the 6th episode come out? lol
    and where did you find the 14th episode???

that would be exactly the link xiaolong is looking for (i think); i was just about to put it up myself! oh xiao xiao, you read my mind! haha

When I saw the expression in the scene where the kids were fighting for the buns, I immediately thought "Tang Lang!" because Wallace makes that expression a lot in Detective Tang Lang (it's an awesome series btw, you guys should watch it!).

Oh, and I also liked the scene near the beginning when Chai Hu told San Niang "It's been a while. You've gotten fatter" and then Xiao Mei was like "You've gotten prettier". Xiao Mei's adorable.

There were so many cute scenes in this episode! Liu Xiao Xiao, your comments make me really watch to watch episode 14. Yeah, where did you watch it?
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Man! I'm so envious of you guys for understanding Mandarin! I'm just watching and missing out!! Well not totally missing, cuz I find myself laughing at their expressions and interpreting it myself....heheh but you know what I mean

Dragon, thanks for telling me that part! I need to go back and watch that part...this is the part where they met on horses right?

Hmmmmm....I've read that the 6th episode won't be aired tomorrow, so most likely you'll have to wait til Monday. I don't remember where I got the 14th episode (I, like the others have been searching all over the place for the current episodes..lol), but I did download it. I won't be uploading that episode on youtube just yet, but what I can do (since it's Xmas and all...LOL), I'll upload that part for you and everyone interested in watching and take it down...
    Give me about 30 minutes..
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-26-10 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Oh, and I also liked the scene near the beginning when Chai Hu told San Niang "It's been a while. You've gotten fatter" and then Xiao Mei was like "You've gotten prettier". Xiao Mei's adorable.
    Oh, I also like the part (right before the auntie/uncle part) where Xiao Mei was saying to the little girl, Xiao Qing that she should eat more during puberty and not to be like Yan Jie-jie. "Women look better when they are more curvy." San Niang says to him in a warning tone, "What did you say?" And he replies something like, "I meant you have a bony beauty." Then she elbows him.

So cute!
    Last edited by Hoju!; 12-26-10 at 12:51 AM.

Hoju! [INDENT] Oh, I also like the part (right before the auntie/uncle part) where Xiao Mei was saying to the little girl, Xiao Qing that she should eat more during puberty and not to be like Yan Jie-jie. "Women look better when they are more curvy." San Niang says to him in a warning tone, "What did you say?" And he replies something like, "I meant you have a bony beauty." Then she elbows him.

So cute!
    OMG!!! How cutee!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like Xiaomei was flirting with San Niang!! LOL

Okay...here is the clip. It's a little annoying to watch since the voice is faster than the picture (that's how it was when I downloaded it). I'll probably take this down later...so enjoy!

Xiaomei being a sissy and whinny is so adorable

Did I hear Chai Hu say "okay" at 8:35???
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-26-10 at 02:05 AM.

Somehow my first impression is that I don't think Liu Shi Shi is suited for this role. I can very much see Ariel Lin or Yang Mi doing a better job as San Niang, but not Shi Shi.

Got watch further before making a real judgment call.

I finally found time to watch the first eppy. It's confirmed - I am totally, absolutely in love with Xiaomei/Ma Tianyu now . I LOOOOVVE Xiaomei's word play on the "Ge Ge" (Ge as in Song, and Ge as in Brother - to Li Ge Xiao), "Hu Da Ge" (to Chai Hu) which he shortened to "Hu Ge"! He was saying to Chai Hu (who doesn't appreciate opera), "Instead of calling you Hu Da Ge, I'll call you Hu Ge. It would sound nicer." It's as if he's making an off-screen reference to our real life beloved Hu Ge! And to think the "Hu Ge" nickname is tagged on a person who doesn't appreciate music at all! He even word played on "Hong Shi" when referring to Chai Hu's "blindness" in appreciating art.

The best best part is when he put on his Chai Hu disguise to tease him!!

What I don't get is, if Yan San Niang is a famous burglar, how come she strikes when the two of them are awake (the part when Li Ge Xiao uses the pearls to lure her)? A seasoned burglar only robs when people are fast asleep and all lights are out.

The comic cartoon showed Yan San Niang in sexy bare legs and high boots - looks like catwoman to me! Hmmm, how come LSS didn't bare her legs? I would dearly love to see LSS in knee-high Pretty Woman boots!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/2558/sanniang.jpg')

How come when I click on it, it says the tieba thread is closed?
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-26-10 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aloysius View Post
    Somehow my first impression is that I don't think Liu Shi Shi is suited for this role. I can very much see Ariel Lin or Yang Mi doing a better job as San Niang, but not Shi Shi.

Got watch further before making a real judgment call.
    Did you watch the trailer? There was enough footage in the trailer (even before the episodes) came out to give a good reflection of each actor/actress' suitability. San Niang is quite the femme fatale character, in action, looks, and performance. Ariel Lin or Yang Mi as femme fatale?

The most important factor, IMHO, is the fighting...Strange Hero is a Wuxia themed series after all. LSS looks uber cool in the execution of say 60-70% of her moves, so that's really a great effort for a non-martial artist (having a ballet background is not always such an advantage). She seems to have this subtle grace in delivering an otherwise insensitive/cold demeanour.

So, I was interested in San Niang's back story, and can't wait to see the E Mei story arc. Of course, this led to peeping at Baidu's episode summaries.

Spoiler - San Niang's Story:

click to show/hide spoilers
    小‰˜•œ贫‹家庭Œ被ˆ母Š›ƒŽ —峨œ‰ŽŒ——ž”…Œ让她第€次„Ÿ —ˆœ‰人…ˆŒŽ此Ÿˆ姐妹们€起ƒ ŠŸ•大Œ‡š„ˆ快乐Œ›ˆœ‰€天Œ— ž‘Ž‰˜身Šš„佩Ž‰ŒŽ此Ž—论 ‰˜‚•ŠŠ›Œ—žƒ对…十ˆ†严Ž‰€‚ Ž来Œ‰˜‘Ž—žŸœ‰Ÿ她身ŠŒ š„佩Ž‰Œ认š她就˜‡己š„亲身母亲 Œ†—ž‘“Ž没œ‰™个女„€‚‰˜伤 €†ƒŒŽ此Ÿ峨œ‰–绝†…系�

Being poor, hungry, and abandoned was bad enough, but for little San Niang, fate had more in store for her.

After overhearing her 'parents' that she was actually adopted, little San Niang runs away, and is in turn, adopted by E Mei leader Wu Hou (not sure if Pinyin is right). Being saved in this way allows little San Niang to feel cared and loved for the first time. Following, San Niang grows up with her other martial sisters, dedicated to learning Kung Fu. It was a distinctly happy time for San Niang.

One day, Wu Hou discovers a jade pendant on San Niang. As direct result and without explanation, this leads to a souring of Wu Hou's attitude toward San Niang. From this moment on Wu Hou is nothing but strictness towards San Niang. Until...San Niang finds the same pendant on Wu Hou! San Niang deduces that Wu Hou must be her biological mother, and confronts her with the relevation. Wu Hou denies everything. San Niang, betrayed once more by a parental figure, leaves with the greatest hurt in her soul, swearing never to break all ties with E Mei...

Well, until some idiotic Li Ge Xiao gets himself poisoned and needs E Mei's unique spring water for healing...*sigh* the things women have to do for silly men , especially ones they subconsciously love.

So I'm looking at summaries of episode 12 and onwards aka E Mei arc, juicy!!! As in, San Niang, Mr Ge Xiao, husband and wife, mystery birthright, and CPR...

LOL, thank you for uploading the clip. He actually says "wo gei" which means "I give". Because his daughter broke the statue's hand and asked him to pay for it, so he was agreeing to pay.

IMO, Ariel Lin and Yang Mi tend to do more of the "cute" thing when they're doing fierce, and I don't think that's what they were aiming for. Besides, I thought Xue Jian in CP3 was really annoying and Ariel Lin's Huang Rong seemed a bit stupid.

Oh yeah, I find it adorable every time Xiao Mei calls Chai Hu "Hu Ge" and Li Ge Xiao "Ge Ge". And San Niang calls Li Ge Xiao "Ge Xian Shen".
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 12-26-10 at 11:27 AM.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Did you watch the trailer? There was enough footage in the trailer (even before the episodes) came out to give a good reflection of each actor/actress' suitability. San Niang is quite the femme fatale character, in action, looks, and performance. Ariel Lin or Yang Mi as femme fatale?

The most important factor, IMHO, is the fighting...Strange Hero is a Wuxia themed series after all. LSS looks uber cool in the execution of say 60-70% of her moves, so that's really a great effort for a non-martial artist (having a ballet background is not always such an advantage). She seems to have this subtle grace in delivering an otherwise insensitive/cold demeanour.
    Well, most of the fighting is done by stuntmen/stuntwomen anyway. It's not the fighting, but the expressions I find missing. E.g. the smart-alecky, biting rebuttals and killer stares - that's more an Ariel thing. As for Yang Mi, she has a more convincing femme fatale fierce look (think Ah Chou/Mo Xueyan in Schemes of a Beauty rather than Xue Jian in CP3). I also find Yang Mi's features more cat-like - the large eyes, the pointed nose (well, they are drawing Yan San Niang to look like catwoman as she's a cat burglar). As for LSS, when she frowns or glares, she just looks cute & cuddly (to guys like me, that is!), not fierce.

I am definitely a LSS fan, so don't get me wrong. I think she's very beautiful with fabulous screen presence - look at my Avatar as evidence. But just don't think she's the best actress for this role after watching episodes 1-5. Something doesn't seem to gel...like Liu Yifei in Forbidden Kingdom.
    Last edited by aloysius; 12-26-10 at 12:26 PM.

So, I was interested in San Niang's back story, and can't wait to see the E Mei story arc. Of course, this led to peeping at Baidu's episode summaries.
    I think the E Mei link is SOOOOOO COOOOL! When I think E Mei, I think Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre and LSS as Yellow Dress Maiden. And now, she's Yan San Niang trained by the E Mei sect!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    It's as if he's making an off-screen reference to our real life beloved Hu Ge! And to think the "Hu Ge" nickname is tagged on a person who doesn't appreciate music at all! He even word played on "Hong Shi" when referring to Chai Hu's "blindness" in appreciating art.
    Yes. Have you noticed Chai HU is the same HU as the real life Hu Ge, and Li GExiao's GE is the same GE as the real life Hu Ge?

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong
    How come when I click on it, it says the tieba thread is closed?
    I still have the episode-by-episode summary (in Chinese) up on my computer.
    EDIT: I still have the Tieba thread up on my screen, but because it's a deleted page, I can't seem to pdf, copy, etc it. Sorry!
    Last edited by Hoju!; 12-26-10 at 10:53 PM.

I see episode 6 and 14 on this link: http://www.dy999.com/daludianshiju/g...uojianhuaban//, but I can't play it! Grrr ...

edit: Never mind! Playing!
    Last edited by ceterumcenseo; 12-26-10 at 01:56 PM.

So I'm looking at summaries of episode 12 and onwards aka E Mei arc, juicy!!! As in, San Niang, Mr Ge Xiao, husband and wife, mystery birthright, and CPR...
    I so agree with you!

Oh! can't wait til that episode, want to see LSS and Wallace lock lips! lol..

Quote Originally Posted by aloysius View Post
    Well, most of the fighting is done by stuntmen/stuntwomen anyway.

I am definitely a LSS fan, so don't get me wrong. I think she's very beautiful with fabulous screen presence - look at my Avatar as evidence. But just don't think she's the best actress for this role after watching episodes 1-5. Something doesn't seem to gel...like Liu Yifei in Forbidden Kingdom.
    I think you're used to seeing LSS in the damsel in distress roles that's why you can't see her as being a female martial artist...totally understandable. This is my favourite role of hers by far

I would like to add, LSS trained really hard for this role and she did about 90% of her own stunts and fighting (she even got sick from flying on those wires too long!) So, she deserves a lot of credit for that

Quote Originally Posted by ceterumcenseo View Post
    I see episode 6 and 14 on this link: http://www.dy999.com/daludianshiju/g...uojianhuaban//, but I can't play it! Grrr ...

edit: Never mind! Playing!
    No wonder why Episode 14 looks clearer and without the broadcasting message on the screen. It's a leaked DVD version!
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-26-10 at 05:34 PM.

Episode: 6

San Niang look so pretty as a "woman" ...hehehe
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/k820i.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-27-11 at 07:42 PM.

This is my favourite role of hers by far
    Really? I'm soooo enamoured by Ma Tianyu as Xiaomei that I haven't noticed LSS at all except for those sexy boots on her cartoon. Is there a SPCNET thread on Ma Tianyu? I'm so going to make one....very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Really? I'm soooo enamoured by Ma Tianyu as Xiaomei that I haven't noticed LSS at all except for those sexy boots on her cartoon. Is there a SPCNET thread on Ma Tianyu? I'm so going to make one....very soon!
    LOL!!! While Dragon Heiress is obssess with Wallace, your obsession with Ma Tianyu is not far behind if not equaled Hmmmm.....and I think Chinesechik is all over, don't know what she wants...she seems to like them all!!! LOL...

I'll be fair
    Onscreen: Wallace and LSS
    Offscreen: Ma Tianyu and LSS

Either way...ON or OFF, my girl still wins!! LOL...

I went back to watch ep.5, the scene of the medicine/wine...hehehehe...just loveeeeeeeeeee their bickering moments (glad it's not overdone and annoying) I love Wallace's expressions with his eyes!! I especially like the expression when he spitted out the tea and gave her the glare...hehehe. Would have loved to see the BTS clips of that scene....
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-26-10 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aloysius
    Well, most of the fighting is done by stuntmen/stuntwomen anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao
    LSS trained really hard for this role and she did about 90% of her own stunts and fighting
    LXX got to the answer before I did. Although, I would add that there is a lag time between the co-ordinated movements of LSS's torso and limbs. LSS also doesn't sync her centre of gravity with her weapon either (lot to ask for considering the variability of use). The latter factors are the criteria which I identify if it is LSS performing her martial arts. Stunt-doubles and untrained martial artists (i.e. actors/actresses) look very different (if you know what you are looking for). Of course, the exceptions are actors who actually practice martial arts aka Chai Hu (note his beautiful sense of balance, co-ordination).

"smart alecky, biting rebuttals" is a dialogue issue. One can only express so much with given dialogue and directorship.

The closest thing AL has come to a character like San Niang is Love Contract I think. Ariel herself is also known to have said that she prefers modern material because it allows her to express the realities of psycho-emotional-cultural themes in a more genuine way, as at the end of the day, any contemporary actor/actress has only genuine experiences from the modern world - quite an illuminating take on performance. If an actor/actress doesn't feel they can be completely genuine (if they are methodist actor/actress that is) in their role, I prefer one who does or isn't plagued by the restraints of extreme methodist acting. I also think AL lacks 'Gu Wei' (period/ancient presence) compared to LSS.

I haven't seen Yang Mi in a martial art role, so I can't comment. At least AL has performend martial arts as HR.

For the record, AL is one of my fav actresses too. So far I'm liking LSS as San Niang, but never has been one of my particular favourites.

LSS cute and cuddly...lol. My idea of cute and cuddly are fat, furry cats and teddy bears. LSS definitely don't fall in the latter categories . To each their own.

Not sure if anyone has noticed, Chai Hu is named after a Chinese herb