Page 28 of 84 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    ^Do the videos on Chinese sites work relatively quickly or do you need to let them load for a certain time? The videos are loading for me at around 20K/s with incredible lag.
    Relatively quickly. Not as fast as youtube, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ceterumcenseo View Post
    Relatively quickly. Not as fast as youtube, though.
    ceterumcenseo, you're all over the place aren't you???...LOL
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-28-10 at 08:09 PM.

The 2kk link is blocked on my computer. Have you tried LETV downloader?

BTW, anyone know when the CPR kiss will happen? I'm anticipating with excitement!

LSS looks like she was really passionate abt her San Niang role. Whereas in Bu Bu, she looks so bored.
    Last edited by kengyew; 12-28-10 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    ceterumcenseo, you're all over the place aren't you???...LOL
    Actually, I keep this forum page open most of the time in my browser to check for updates. If only I was this dedicated to my schoolwork ...

Quote Originally Posted by ceterumcenseo View Post
    If only I was this dedicated to my schoolwork ...
    The trick is associating the positive feelings related to GXYZM with schoolwork

I really like the interactions between them as a team. Very male bonding humour without diminishing San Niang's femininity. I do hope that not all the boyos end up falling for San Niang...too cliche.

I'm curious as to their comparative levels of martial arts. I'm quite sure now that San Niang exceeds Xiao Mei...then again, I think that was obvious.

It would be a bit hard to tell, because unless they were real enemies, I don't think they would duel with all they've got. Exception being when San Niang threw Xiao Mei out because they thought each other were the enemy.

The most deceptive one is LGX. He underplays himself so well. By his mock attack on his old guard brothers and dealings with Zhang Bao, he seems to have some seriously explosive potential floating under that alcohol-soaked exterior.

San Niang tried to get Chai Hu into a bath...hope that came out right . She lost the 'fight' but I think her efforts were rather half-hearted in the fighting department. It would be a close call for a San Niang vs Chai Hu showdown. Chai Hu obviously isn't all brute strength...he uses it quite masterfully actually. Then again, San Niang has phenomenial speed. Speed, strength, technique...3 goldens of martial arts. Hmmm...

San Niang vs LGX: I have no idea what LGX true strengths are, other than possibly having superior ability in reading people and an aptitude for all 3 goldens...which in itself is a highly potent mix (sort of like a Federer of martial arts). The most prized cognitive ability is of course to read your enemy accurately. I don't really think San Niang does that because she believes her speed makes up for that?

I think with San Niang's capabilities, she is one of the true few who could rise in potential to be a threat to even LGX's potential. I would get her to improve on reading the enemy (this includes individual and group tactics), technique, and reflecting strength against opponents like Chai Hu. Strength would never be her strong department methinks, so a strategy against that should be priority. I was sort of disappointed with the fight against the landowning rights issue...fighting was very wishy-washy, then again, it was obvious they wanted to make the whole thing humourous.

Quote Originally Posted by William Huang View Post
    lol, okay,.. tonight..? what time now in your location
    Wow...NuDaFu, got it all analyze huh???....truly impressed

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    BTW, anyone know when the CPR kiss will happen? I'm anticipating with excitement!
    I think it's episode 12?
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-29-10 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    The 2kk link is blocked on my computer.
    Try this link? http://www.77dsw.com/view/8651.html
    Still uses qvod or gvod, so you have to be using IE. Not so good for Mac users like me. Had to dig out my ancient PC. The ftp download blocks me, although I could get it to work once when I downloaded ep. 14.

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew
    Ep. 13!! Eagerly awaiting...

Episode 9: Wallace and Li Bo...OMG!!!! Right on the mouth...hehehehe
    I read that this was not in the script originally, just Wallace's improvisation.

^LOL. Wallace apparently really likes to add things to the script and improvises a lot of funny parts. But that part looks hilarious from the trailer. You guys make me want to watch this so much!
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    Try this link? http://www.77dsw.com/view/8651.html
    Still uses qvod or gvod, so you have to be using IE. Not so good for Mac users like me. Had to dig out my ancient PC.
    What great lengh we have to go through to watch this huh??!!!...hehehe

Wow, Wallace added that scene in???..hehehehe dang that was a good improvision!!!...It got a laugh out of me alright!

Dragon, I transferred the data(episode) to another laptop...it's uploading right now to youtube..keeping my fingers crossed it works

Ep. 13!! Eagerly awaiting...
    I want San Niang to give Xiaomei CPR too (wishful thinking)

Whew... finally!! Episode: 9

I am still LMAO with the kiss!!!! It was so hilarious!!!!!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i36.tinypic.com/2e4xnol.jpg')

Would somebody be kind enough to translate the conversation between LGX and SN before she bit his shoulder after watching that scene?
    Thanks in advance! Enjoy....hehehe
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-27-11 at 07:46 PM.

Episode:10

I wish they would release the BTS for the wedding scene! Don't know how they could keep a straight face for it. Wallace and Li Bo are so funny!!
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-27-11 at 07:47 PM.

^ yay!! xiao xiao, i love you so much
    so when she gets out of the carriage, ge xiao goes up to her and whispers "i'm going to carry you" and SN is like "why is it you?" and he replies "I told you i would help you. get on" and then on his back, she asks him what plan he has, and he says you go into the wedding chamber, leave everything else to me. and then she gets all indignant, and asks why she has to go into the bedroom. she says that if the other guy so much as touches one hair she'll first kill him, then kill ge xiao. and then ge xiao replies with, "don't worry, i promise he won't touch your hair. but anywhere else, i cant guarantee. " so she gets mad and bites him. lol. i liked that scene!

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    ^ yay!! xiao xiao, i love you so much
    so when she gets out of the carriage, ge xiao goes up to her and whispers "i'm going to carry you" and SN is like "why is it you?" and he replies "I told you i would help you. get on" and then on his back, she asks him what plan he has, and he says you go into the wedding chamber, leave everything else to me. and then she gets all indignant, and asks why she has to go into the bedroom. she says that if the other guy so much as touches one hair she'll first kill him, then kill ge xiao. and then ge xiao replies with, "don't worry, i promise he won't touch your hair. but anywhere else, i cant guarantee. " so she gets mad and bites him. lol. i liked that scene!
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so funny!!! I'm giggling to myself just reading what you wrote.....thanks Chinesechik!!!

So, they weren't in the plan together? Meaning, LGX didn't even know she was imposing as the bride....wonder how he knew it was her under the veil?
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-29-10 at 01:04 AM.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so funny!!! I'm giggling to myself just reading what you wrote.....thanks Chinesechik!!!

So, they weren't in the plan together? Meaning, LGX didn't even know she was imposing as the bride....wonder how he knew it was her under the veil?
    oh no of course he knew! you know that scene where he's playing that sitar-looking thing and SN comes in and they argue and then she throws that thing at him and storms off? that's when he was telling her that he wants her to pretend to be the bride instead of the other girl and she's mad because she's a woman too and she feels like he's using her. so he knew all along; he was just trying to protect her.

on another note, after watching these 2 episodes i have to admit that ge xiao's romance with tong liya's character is so touching and cute! and heartbreaking since we all know that she dies later on but know i feel even worse for li ge xiao! such a sad character

What great lengh we have to go through to watch this huh??!!!...hehehe
    It has been MANY years since I've been this crazy about a series. And I have never tried to follow a series online as it comes out cause it's just not worth the frustration... until this one.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I want San Niang to give Xiaomei CPR too (wishful thinking)
    Hehe... xiaolong, when I took CPR class, our instructor told us that you often break ribs when you're resuscitating a person. Are you sure you wish that?!

They were. The scene where San Niang was so angry and nearly bonked LGX on the head with his instrument. That was where he was telling her that she was going to take Bing Bing's place as the bride. She was furious that he was asking her to get "married." LGX asked her whether she had the heart to watch Bing Bing, such a helpless girl get defiled, and San Niang shot back indignantly (my paraphrase from memory), "So you're not worried I'll get defiled?" LGX answered, "You're not a helpless girl," to which San Niang said, "But I'm still a girl!" "Can't tell," was LGX's reply. And that was when San Niang wanted to hit him over the head.

Turns out (from her conversation with Xiao Mei when he was combing her hair) that she thinks that wearing a wedding gown is an important thing in a girl's life and should be a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

Edit: Oops, ChineseChik beat me to it.

^ maybe, but you're explanation is much better

It has been MANY years since I've been this crazy about a series. And I have never tried to follow a series online as it comes out cause it's just not worth the frustration... until this one.
    So, do you think it's still worth it thus far?....hehe

This is why I started this thread I needed help in understanding! Thanks to everyone here for helping me along....greatly appreciated

I'm guessing there's a lesson/meaning for each unit of the series huh??

Yes, Chinesechik...his relationship with his wife should be very touching, that's why it's difficult for him to let go. I think that's why they chose an open ending for this series? To make us wonder if LGX and SN will end up together.

I'm glad that everytime they argue/fight, they both soften up and reasoned things out, the arguments didn't get too annoying (like CP3) and unreasonable. Not understanding the words of course, but basing on their tone of voice and action
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-29-10 at 02:14 AM.

^ i think it's worth it! haha, so far this has been really good! maybe even better than i expected (although, i wasn't expecting too much so...)

and if it's supposed to be an open ending, xiao xiao, how come at the end of the ending theme it shows them holding hands in his garden place?

Worth it! I love this series.

I'm hoping the open ending isn't about their romance. Darn it! Give poor LGX a break and don't let him torture himself anymore!