Page 29 of 84 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    ^ i think it's worth it! haha, so far this has been really good! maybe even better than i expected (although, i wasn't expecting too much so...)

and if it's supposed to be an open ending, xiao xiao, how come at the end of the ending theme it shows them holding hands in his garden place?
    I only "heard" it's an open ending. What if that scene was when he accepted her love but not really the ending? I think there's a catch....it would be too obvious with them holding hands that its a happy ending. Want to know something that may be a spoiler?

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Wow...NuDaFu, got it all analyze huh???....truly impressed
    Nothing compared to the dedication you have for uploading the episodes for us .

Thanks for supporting team Ethan Yao. I like him in whites

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq302/NuDaFu/u10628362434022978375fm9gp0.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq302/NuDaFu/u38675012643691906862fm9gp0.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq302/NuDaFu/552f2d24be1dbc6fd40742e6.jpg')
    Strange Hero in the Qing dynasty?

Alas, I like writing open ended stories, but don't like watching them.

P.S. I have absolutley no skill with uploading pics. But, everyone gets the picture right? (pun intended)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 12-29-10 at 03:04 AM.

I HATE open endings!! At least give the poor guy a break!!! (and poor LSS who keeps having to do the chasing!!!!! )

I can't find Ethan Yao's bio on Baidu. Do you know where it is NuDaFu? I still think MTY is cuter though.

So, watching the eppies.

Episode 9: I think LGX is over-identifying himself with the guy, which is usually a big no, no when involved in investigations - especially when you are the leader! I have a feeling LGX is being more lenient than rationally necessary. I know everyone is human, but he justifies his interactions and leadership with rationality and pragmaticism...shouldn't start setting a double-standard.

On one hand, he shows extreme sensitivity and respect (from a man of that time anyway), in the room with all the crickets. Then, not long after, LGX informs San Niang that 'this is part of the plan', are you with us or not? Of course, there is always an option to step away, but knowing how San Niang feels so strongly for Bing Bing's plight...that's manipulation. Note how genuinely sad San Niang looks while Xiao Mei brushes her hair. Love how you can run rough shod over your armies' feelings when one is in command...Machiavelli would agree.

Poor Bing Bing...that husband is wimp material. I'd ditch him anyday and either take after San Niang's footsteps or go to E Mei.

Love how Xiao Mei consoles San Niang with the negative take on the '3 brushes':

Yi shu, mei tou wei,
    Er shu, ti ta de mei,
    San shu, yang Xiao Ben bian yi ge da chong gui

First brush, missing a head and a tail
    Second brush, shave off his eyebrows
    Third brush, let Xiao Ben become a big [fat] loser

It's a really smart play on the similar sounding but different meanings of Chinese characters. Instead of wishing for happiness and the like in a new marriage, the meaning has turned around to wish ill of their enemy and rhyming at the same time! Truly witty script writing.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    So, watching the eppies.

Episode 9: I think LGX is over-identifying himself with the guy, which is usually a big no, no when involved in investigations - especially when you are the leader! I have a feeling LGX is being more lenient than rationally necessary. I know everyone is human, but he justifies his interactions and leadership with rationality and pragmaticism...shouldn't start setting a double-standard.

On one hand, he shows extreme sensitivity and respect (from a man of that time anyway), in the room with all the crickets. Then, not long after, LGX informs San Niang that 'this is part of the plan', are you with us or not? Of course, there is always an option to step away, but knowing how San Niang feels so strongly for Bing Bing's plight...that's manipulation. Note how genuinely sad San Niang looks while Xiao Mei brushes her hair. Love how you can run rough shod over your armies' feelings when one is in command...Machiavelli would agree.
    I agree! Watching episodes 9 and 10, I wanted to crack the stupid husband's numbskull head, and LGX's for being too nice to him.

Poor Bing Bing...that husband is wimp material. I'd ditch him anyday and either take after San Niang's footsteps or go to E Mei.
    Sheesh, how can the man sleep at night, after letting his wife get dragged away to marry another man? Alone, of course! The unforgivable little creep!

Yi shu, mei tou wei,
    Er shu, ti ta de mei,

It's a really smart play on the similar sounding but different meanings of Chinese characters. Instead of wishing for happiness and the like in a new marriage, the meaning has turned around to wish ill of their enemy and rhyming at the same time! Truly witty script writing.
    I wasn't aware of that marriage custom! Thanks for explaining! Now the scene makes sense.

Want to know something that may be a spoiler?
    *nods emphatically* Uh huh! Please tell! I love spoilers.

Yay! The CTV trailer. I've been seeing it everywhere. Wow...they are really pumping in money for this one eh? I'll wait till the New Year week to see it on TV bcos I have no time or patience for downloads.

But I'm superficial...if superhunkilicious Peter Ho was in it, I'd crash my computer to catch an early glimpse of him (oops...got to stop myself from talking non-stop abt Peter ).
    Last edited by munianci; 12-29-10 at 10:11 AM.

Want to know something that may be a spoiler?
    What's the spoiler? Tell me! Tell me! I have no time to read all the detailed summaries on Baidu bcos I'm still really busy with my family's stuff.

BTW, I read on tieba that after romancing LSS in Strange Hero, Wallace is going to bromance YH in Qing Shi. Looking forward, looking forward! Told 'cha only Ruby can swing it.

Hmmmmmmm....okay. Now don't quote me on this...hehehe

What is the old main villian's name in this series, not Edwin's character but the old man(Yan Song..something?). So, I've read awhile back that he may be SN's real father (and the shitai is her real mother). He's the one who killed LGX's wife, thus I'm thinking SN will have a conflict with LGX later on.....remember don't quote me on this!

So, LGX in order to protect SN to officially be "married". That's why he carried her instead of the matchmaker(is that what you call her)?. He kissed the groom for SN? He also sent her to the bedroom chamber without having an offical ceremony? He did everything the opposite of wedding traditions right? He was being considerate of her feelings wasn't he???

Yi shu, mei tou wei,
    Er shu, ti ta de mei,

Third brush, let Xiao Ben become a big [fat] lose
    Love this!!!

Wow...Ruby's got all the hunk in that series...hehehe
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-29-10 at 01:04 PM.

I still prefer to watch this on TV too. Will be back in HK next week in time for the broadcast .

I LOOOVVE the wordplay too!! Who's the scriptwriter? Anyone knows?

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    So, watching the eppies.

Yi shu, mei tou wei,
    Er shu, ti ta de mei,

i agree. when i watched that scene with LGX forcing SN to be the bride, i was like, wtf? what happened to all that stuff he said earlier about not forcing her to do anything?? eh whatever.

and i really liked that scene between SN and xiao mei, when he was doing her hair. so sweet even though SN was so sad/mad about it...

Hmmmmmmm....okay. Now don't quote me on this...hehehe

What is the old main villian's name in this series, not Edwin's character but the old man(Yan Song..something?). So, I've read awhile back that he may be SN's real father (and the shitai is her real mother). He's the one who killed LGX's wife, thus I'm thinking SN will have a conflict with LGX later on.....remember don't quote me on this!

So, LGX in order to protect SN to officially be "married". That's why he carried her instead of the matchmaker(is that what you call her)?. He kissed the groom for SN? He also sent her to the bedroom chamber without having an offical ceremony? He did everything the opposite of wedding traditions right? He was being considerate of her feelings wasn't he???
    WOW i totally would NOT have seen that coming! damn. whatever, i won't hold it against you if you're wrong though, xiao xiao!

and yeah, thats the basic gist of what happened at the wedding.

I notice they are using a lot of the same background music as LOCH08. It's like they are replicating a bit of LOCH08 feel, but of course the Strange Hero story is very very much more light-hearted and humourous. Also the so-called tragedies/sufferings in Strange Hero aren't sad at all (compared to LOCH) bcos you just know that everything will be overcome and everyone will be superbly happy in the end.

Plus the funny parts are just sooooooo FUNNY, and there's Xiaomei always around to lighten up everything even further, that I can't feel for LGX's sadness over his wife's death or watever tragedies any of the characters encountered. You know wat I mean? This series gives me such a happy snappy feeling that I know no one can stay sad for long.
    Last edited by kengyew; 12-29-10 at 02:10 PM.

^ really? i mean, yes, the light-hearted parts are funny and cute, but the sad parts still make me sad lol. like, GX's memories of his wife and SN's childhood, stuff like, still affects me lol.

oh, and i was on strange hero's tieba, and it seems episodes 11-12 are going to be very good! apparently lots of SN/GX interactions (and he MIGHT get shot in one of them!)

I'm sure ceterumcenseo have seen it already!!!...

And about LGX's sad story....I think we'll get more of a feel to it later on. Right now, it's just a foreshadow to tell what's to come......
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-29-10 at 02:24 PM.

A major San Nian-Ge Xiao sounds really interesting. If what you heard is true, I think that could possibly be the final case, since I can see how it ties in with the other cases.
    I'm eagerly awaiting that CPR kiss. Could that be after he gets shot? Or maybe that scene in the credits when he sinks into the water and San Niang sees from her window?
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

I'm sure ceterumcenseo have seen it already!!!...
    Indeed I have! I won't spoil what happens until others have taken a look ... unless *shifty eyes* people want spoilers.

I want spoilers. The preview at the end of episode 10 just didn't tell us enough.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Ethan Yao's baidu page:

http://baike.baidu.com/view/3380176.htm

He hasn't done much in terms of films...he only graduated in 2007. I like his profile, depending on the truth of it that is.

Hey, fun fact: Ethan Yao played a cameo in Tian Ya Zhi Nu...in a round-a-bout way, Ethan's shared a film with LSS.

So, I've read awhile back that he may be SN's real father (and the shitai is her real mother). He's the one who killed LGX's wife, thus I'm thinking SN will have a conflict with LGX later on
    I was wondering if SN's real father would pop up somewhere. Given this is true, I think SN was better off with the adoptive poor parents, even if they abandoned her too...at least they were less complicated.

If LGX allows SN parentage to come between a potential bond/relationship, he obviously doesn't love her enough to be with her. Remember, LGX went against all odds to marry Ru Yi, despite her being the daughter of a disgraced official from the previous dynasty. If LGX cannot move on from Ru Yi, it would be hurtful and even demeaning for SN to be in a relationship where she is always '2nd best'. There are more and potentially better men-fish out in the sea...namely Zhang Zhong , or yes I concede Xiao Mei.

The question is, did he do this because of SN or because she is an unmarried lady? I don't doubt he did it in consideration of a team member. Then again, SN did warn if anyone got 'fresh' with her, she'd kill him right before she knocks LGX off too. Reminds me of Evy from The Mummy: "If they make me a mummy, you're the first one I'm coming after". If SN reacted out of hand, it would've ruined the whole operation. So one could reason LGX did what he did so the plan could carry out smoothly. I don't think betting on SN's patience and co-operation if she was mauled would be a good idea.

About project 'Marriage', LGX was betting against really great odds.

Assumption #1: Xiao Ben would be crazy, generous enough - despite being rather drunk - to give his 'bride' up to him

Assumption #2: The no good husband guy would repent? What if he didn't? What if he decided to go find himself a 'better' wife than Bing Bing?

If I was sure the above odds were so great, I would go out and buy a tattslotto ticket right now.

The team weren't necessarily saving villages and unfortunates this time. They were scheming to change a man and get even with a local bully. I think SN saw through this, hence her earlier argument with LGX. LGX takes it that SN feels disrespected and maybe a little too emotional due to her pity of Bing Bing. Says the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm not having a go at LGX. I love his effectiveness as a leader. I just think it's a mistake to think he cares really that much about his team. He obviously has a death wish...which SN pointed out. A leader who potentially takes away leadership from his team doesn't really care, not matter how much he tells his bros he believes in them. He encouraged Xiao Mei to infiltrate the bandits, even when Xiao Mei confessed his fear (doing it to toughen the boy up?)...whether or not he was aware that Xiao Mei could potentially be in serious danger is an important consideration. I couldn't possibly see LGX in any shape or form coming to Xiao Mei's rescue if the bandits decided to really kill him or that the hunky Zhang Zhong was as fair and witty as he was. Not being bias, it was really Zhang Zhong that saved Xiao Mei.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I want spoilers. The preview at the end of episode 10 just didn't tell us enough.
    1) LGX gets sick after taking ...

2) LGX gets shot protecting SN. But wait ....! (He sure can move around quickly for a sick guy). Good thing those guns are primitive and slow-loading.

3) SN gives LGX a hug. And earlier they held hands ... but not for the reason you think. *evil snicker*

4) Xiao Mei is his usual adorable but unusually serious self.

5) We get flashbacks to SN's past, and meet an important (older female) character from it. LGX has to stop SN from trying to kill said character. SN picks through locks like nobody's business.

Anyone else watch episodes 11 and 12 too? I watched the preview for episode 13, and no CPR/kiss! *deflate*
    Last edited by ceterumcenseo; 12-29-10 at 10:19 PM.