Page 38 of 84 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Do you have to dl any program to watch it.

I heard they reduced 5 episodes, and most of them were SN and LGX's scenes....now why would that be??
    I read on one tianya thread that most of the cut scenes were the flashbacks of my gorgeous Xiaomei. His was the shortest case.

Why would they cut SN-LGX??? Wallace and Karen seemed to get along fine during the press conference...Could it be possible that they want a sequel and they wanted to let them have room for romantic development? Just wishing. It's the only explanation I could possibly like.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Is the open ending on LGX-SN's relationship?

ISpeaking of Xiaomei or rather MTY...he's not bad for his first martial arts series....I loved the scene when he was fighting on the rooftop in epi. 3. I liked how the lightning struck when Xiaomei turned around and the sound of his fan flapping, and when he did the somersault down to the other roof
    Isn't he soooo cooool? Plus can sing opera and paint brilliant mei hua too!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-05-11 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Please, no more flashbacks!!! But Ru Yi still hasn't been captured and killed yet, so that means there's at least one more episode of flashback.

Yeah, Ying Wu Qiu is much better of a fighter than I thought he was. Li Ge Xiao seems to be able to defeat Ying Wu Qiu in fights without too much difficulty, so does anyone else think Li Ge Xiao could fight a pretty even battle or even win against the other three Yi Zhi Mei members? In episode 14, he did manage to hold up for quite some time against both Ying Wu Qiu and the undefeatable Hei Mei Sha at the same time while pretending to be blind.
    *puppy whine, cowers from the angry faces* I LIKE the flashbacks. I think they give a lot of depth to LGX's history and character as well as YWQ's.

I'm intrigued! I think the following scenario might be interesting: LGX goes temporarily crazy or something and plots/fights against the other YZM members. I'm interested to see how that'd play out.
    Last edited by ceterumcenseo; 01-05-11 at 10:04 PM.

I like the flashbacks too as they give more depth to the background story behind Edwin's character and the seeds of his villainy. I just love villains with a pity-inducing past.

Much as I also like LGX-RY interactions (they had a really sweet kiss), I'm really hyped up for the LGX-SN romance in Ep 24. I want to see him crying in her arms and she lovingly comforting him . After all their cute bickerings, I want to see them finally confessing their bottled up feelings for one another and falling into each other's arms (sorry...going all Mills & Boon's here, heheh).

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    I like the flashbacks too as they give more depth to the background story behind Edwin's character and the seeds of his villainy. I just love villains with a pity-inducing past.

Much as I also like LGX-RY interactions (they had a really sweet kiss), I'm really hyped up for the LGX-SN romance in Ep 24. I want to see him crying in her arms and she lovingly comforting him . After all their cute bickerings, I want to see them finally confessing their bottled up feelings for one another and falling into each other's arms (sorry...going all Mills & Boon's here, heheh).
    Yes, a fellow flashback fan! (Wow, super alliteration). I thought the characterizations in the flashbacks are really well-done. LGX doesn't intentionally snub YWQ, but his very heroic nature and the fact that he won RY totally destroys any chance of the two men being friends. YWQ loves RY, but his innate devious and cowardly personality can't be hidden. And RY, well, the RY-glare would make me want to crawl into a hole. Tong Liya does a wonderful job with an admittedly limited character.

Kengyew, I can see the romance genre being a factor in your wishes. :P
    Last edited by ceterumcenseo; 01-05-11 at 11:09 PM.

Do you have to dl any program to watch it.
    If you haven't found out already...the answer is "nope!"..hehe

It's the only explanation I could possibly like.

Yeah, so I've read

I'm really hyped up for the LGX-SN romance in Ep 24. I want to see him crying in her arms and she lovingly comforting him . After all their cute bickerings, I want to see them finally confessing their bottled up feelings for one another and falling into each other's arms (sorry...going all Mills & Boon's here, heheh).
    At least 3 of us here are impatiently waiting for this...hehehe

Thumbs up

Why..why..why?????? The series is soooooooooooo short, they could have extended it to 50 episodes and people wouldn't complain about it..

I heard they reduced 5 episodes, and most of them were SN and LGX's scenes....now why would that be?? so

For anybody wanting English subtitles(such as myself)...this site is subbing it:
    http://www.viki.com/channels/1481-iljimae-china

And I think Jiang Hu might also sub this..yay!

OMG Xiao Xiao! You're the best ever! Thanks to you I can now rewatch every episode and understand it! Hehehe Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Yeah, so I've read
    Really?! I only read that it was open-ended, but I was HOPING that the relationship would leave nothing to question... i.e. they are in love!!

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    I'm really hyped up for the LGX-SN romance in Ep 24. I want to see him crying in her arms and she lovingly comforting him . After all their cute bickerings, I want to see them finally confessing their bottled up feelings for one another and falling into each other's arms (sorry...going all Mills & Boon's here, heheh).
    I'd love that scenario. So, I couldn't help myself and took a peek at the episode-by-episode summary for ep. 24. Yes, the flashbacks will end in that episode. As for the LGX/SN romance, it doesn't say anything except for a one-liner that says something like "LGX and SN's relationship was gradually growing closer." Actually, I think they used something literally like 'gradually heating up.' I'd like it to be hot and sizzling!
    Last edited by Hoju!; 01-06-11 at 12:37 AM.

Mannnnnn.........how hot can it be?????????????...there's only 6 episodes left! SSSSSSsssssoooooo bummed

Remember this pic? LGX is holding his hand against his side. Looks like the same spot YWQ stabbed him. SN is dressed in the same outfit as she was in ep. 23. From the pic, she seems pretty happy. Maybe there will be some development soon? Hoping so anyways...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/2efkopv.jpg')

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I feel soooooooo bad for RY! She's pregnant and she sacraficed herself for her husband! That's true love..............I hate what's his name for trying to set LGX up to die! He's a BAD BAD guy! I can totally see why LGX can't seem to get over his wife and move on! I wouldn't either. *sigh* Does that mean LGX never knew she was pregnant?

Could be pacing that 5 epis were cut out. The focus is Wuxia/Crime. I think too much relationship 'stoof' (despite our SN-LGX love) would detract from the plot.

As to the open ending, unless the last episode is dramatically different from the official synopsis, I think there is a very telling decision made by LGX that doesn't make things so 'elusive' as one may think. I think it really meaningful actually. Open endings are very iffy if not set up well...I'd say SHYZM will do it pretty well.

Something I'll potentially be dissatisfied with will be lack of follow up to SN's mystery father. The implication still points to Yan Song. I just think the hint from SN's mother that "I regret marrying an evil man" has to be directed at something...why would we need to no the qualities of said man, if not to point to someone in particular? I thought it witty how in one statement, it established the legitimacy of SN's birth without being too obvious about it. I think ontop of everything she went through, legitimacy would be quite important.

LSS looked quite demure in her powder blue top and maiden hairdo the first time she leaves E Mei...it's a good moment, with the mix of her frustration, sadness, regret, yet coming into her power/independence. At least that's what I saw. LSS totally owns her 'present day' costumes though.

I found the fight between SN and mommy very intriguing. All sword fingers...I can't say I've seen that before...well, not in full contact fighting (yes of course for JY's TLBB...Yi Yang Zhi ). Also I good way to show SN superiority in skill against her martial sisters by not needing to use an actual sword but just sword fingers against them. I'm loving the martial arts choreographer in this series!!!

Why the lone wooden bucket covering SN & LGX didn't burn/combust too in the blast is strange to me. I also had a huh? moment when LGX didn't follow his 'instinct' when he obviously suspected the messenger bird while they were leaving the residence. At night too, changes/absence in noises of wildlife should alert (to both seasoned Jiang Hu people like SN & LGX) of a 'disturbance in the Force'.

Backtracking, I saw it as a gamble for the sickening LGX to take SN with him to obvious E Mei territory. I can definitely see the cons out weigh the pros...SN being familiar with surroundings, being more calm headed i.e. efficient than Chai Hu, maybe having the protection from the head of E Mei depsite SN's antagonism. I don't think he exactly 'saw' it coming when SN so strongly objected to actually going to E Mei. Good gamble though, I would've made the same choice.

Loved when SN says: "He's my man". You own him girl!

Episode: 24

Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-27-11 at 08:03 PM.

Nope! No development on ep. 24 either!

I couldn't bare to watch the death of Ru Yi (more gruesome then I thought!):, I had to skip that part...so saddd!!!

Could be pacing that 5 epis were cut out. The focus is Wuxia/Crime. I think too much relationship 'stoof' (despite our SN-LGX love) would detract from the plot.
    I supposed you're right...afterall, this is a wuxia and supense kind of series...and not romance
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-06-11 at 05:32 PM.

Just finished watching 24 and 25. 25 is up on QQLive. Episode 24 even has flashbacks of flashbacks. Unbelievable. 25 gets very interesting. I think we're onto the final case now, and I think the scene where LGX gets stabbed when he's carrying SN should be in the next episode.

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!:
    San Niang is taking good care of Li Ge Xiao. Quite a bit happens in this episode. We finally meet a villain who can match up to LGX. I thought LGX would have figured it out because of the hints dropped here and there. I think he would have still followed along with the plan even if he knew there was something wrong, but not if he knew how they would use his weakness.

This new villain is very interesting. Looking forward to the next episode. QQLive, I'm counting on you!
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 01-06-11 at 06:57 PM.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Nope! No development on ep. 24 either!
    Some, but just very subtle. SN made her feelings for LGX obvious to everyone when she thought he was dead. So now, she's not bothering to hide them, and LGX doesn't seem to be resisting either. It appears he has accepted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    Some, but just very subtle. SN made her feelings for LGX obvious to everyone when she thought he was dead. So now, she's not bothering to hide them, and LGX doesn't seem to be resisting either. It appears he has accepted them.
    I loved how SN just tossed/pushed him once she found out he's still alive

Hehehe...I always get a kick of his expressions of embarrassment when somebody(old master, Xiaomei, or Chai Hu) teased SN about him in front of him. It's cute how LGX made a face when the old master was telling SN in epi 24, I'm assuming for her to take care of him.... and if you noticed, LGX would sneek a stare at her once in awhile....like he can't express his feelings for her...cuz he's a macho man..

Yeah, epi. 26 should be where all the touching romance/adventure between SN and LGX happens....can't wait!
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-06-11 at 09:11 PM.