Page 41 of 84 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Liu Xiao Xiao haha. that's because I've been a silent reader and yes. I joined this forum just for Liu Shi Shi basically. This is the only place where I can find information on Liu Shi Shi.

Okay...I'm so confuse. Can somebody kind of fill me on the details. Maybe because I've been skimming throught the episodes and I don't understand anything but...the flash back of SN when she was a child...those two parents with the baby, they weren't her parents? I thought they were her parents who abandoned her and she goes and meet that lady who helped her and decided to take her in and taught her how to fight. Or was that lady who helped her her mother? Because you guys are talking about SN's father who is unknown atm but he is a bad guy? or could be a bad guy?

Lastly...how many episodes is this? I'm just curious...because seems like it's gonna end soon? (ill be so sad.)

Even though the flashbacks provided a substantial background story for LGX's state of mind now, I feel there was too much chemistry between Wallace and Tong Liya. This article reported that the Wallace-Tong Liya coupling became the hottest topic among Strange Hero followers in Mainland.
    http://yule.sohu.com/20110107/n278733457.shtml
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3328/wallacetly.jpg')

Now I'm not sure whether I liked the flashbacks that much after all for obliterating my dream Wallace-LSS pairing .

But let's see how LGX-SN relationship pans out in the last few episodes . I'm wagering for a hot romance finale where they will fall into each other's arms in happiness, realising that they LOVED each other all this while .

I WANT TO SEE MORE OF THIS!!!!!!!!!:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9765/wallacelss.jpg')

In this article: http://ent.qq.com/a/20110107/000487.htm
    They say in the finale SN will make a big sacrifice for LGX (just like RY!). She gets seriously injured while saving LGX. LGX can't bear to leave her in danger and that's when he realises he loves her .
    Last edited by kengyew; 01-07-11 at 08:29 AM.

Really? Zhang zhong is coming back??
    Yes! *does a little victory dance in head*

Though, no potential last-last-minute mini-romance between ZZ and SN. Certainly not if you got a man-hating E Mei leader as a mommy, who barely puts up with LGX as it is. If only ZZ came back, when found in the same scene with SN, at least we could create the rest with some active imagination .

Forgot to mention, Yan Jr describes SN as "mei nu" (beautiful woman). Yan Jr with his elitist persona, undoubtedly only compliments those who are extraordinarily beautiful. SN also successfully seduced Zhang Bao with her looks alone.

So come on on Zhang Zhong! Even your daddy was tempted by SN...men (no offence to the less fairer gender ).

Yan Jr also comments that LGX and SN "chi nan yuan nu" (crazily loving man, resenting woman). I don't think I have the translation wrong or misheard how Yan Jr pronounces it, so I think they did a typo in the script and Chinese subtitles. The 'resenting woman' part doesn't sound right. They may've meant yuan as in 'willing'...."crazily loving man, willing woman" has a more sensible meaning. Can someone who understands Chinese double check from qqlive? 25B to be exact.

Heck, I'm in a translating mood, and doubt subbers would've done epi 25 yet. This is the conversation between LGX and Yan Jr...so, so tense. Excuse the running commentary, couldn't help it .

*LGX manly rams open door, does that windswept look around*

SN: Run, quickly run.
    LGX: How are you? (well what do you think man, there's a puddle of blood coming out of a hole in her gut!)
    Yan Jr: Ah...a crazily loving man, a willing woman. So, LGX, do you like my gift?
    LGX: Seems like we cannot escape.
    Yan Jr: You say that everytime. That cleary reflects you already have thought of an escape plan.
    LGX: Clearly, as always, you understand me. (guys, keep the fireworks down! no bromance here with the lady present)
    Yan Jr: Actually, even after all this time, I feel I waver in my accuracy in reading the situation. Is it you being more crafty, or that I am just a tad more brilliant. Today though, you definitely lose.
    LGX: How?
    Yan Jr: This time, you lose to emotion. So, LGX, when can our game begin?
    LGX: I thought our game had already begun.
    Yan Jr: Really...such a deserving and one time oponent. Even after so long, everytime I see that smug face, I want to slit your stomach open with a knife and strangle you to death with your own intestines. (Yes, show the love honey)
    SN: Mr Li, don't let me burden you. Having captured us, that means Mei Mei and others are also in danger. (using titles at this time?...so Pride and Prejudice, sweet).
    LGX: Don't worry, they should be fine. (they're big boys, they can take care of themselves)
    Yan Jr: Beautiful lady, careful not to move. I specifically orchestrated this attack just for you. A cut that hasn't veered to the side, nor gone too deep. Struck to sever between your liver and gallbladder (yeah right, need to be a bit more accurate mate, haven't even got the right side...aww, pun, pun!)
    SN: Mental!
    LGX: Prodigies are mental. (WTH??? Can't work out if this is a compliment, insult or just plain irrelevant.
    Yan Jr: I organised this attack in pity of you stupid liver/gallbladder buddies (that does sound silly in English ). (Angelica from Rug Rats: "You stupid babies!)
    I feel sad really. LGX...a most deserving, one time oponent. The only one I could talk to, the only one who understands me. (need more friends mate, or maybe a counsellor)
    LGX: Yes, that is, if I hadn't blinded you, made you a cripple, we would be friends. (King of Sarcasm!)
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 01-07-11 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    In this article: http://ent.qq.com/a/20110107/000487.htm
    They say in the finale SN will make a big sacrifice for LGX (just like RY!). She gets seriously injured while saving LGX. LGX can't bear to leave her in danger and that's when he realises he loves her .
    Yup, it will be like deja vu for LGX seeing SN sacrificing for him - that's when he realises how much she loves him. He does manage to rescue her but whether they will finally get together is still a mystery. They just love leaving us on the edge of our seats huh?
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-07-11 at 10:50 AM.

Hehehee....I took a sneek peak at the last episode
    Mannnnnnnnnnnnn....does the editor over-do it with flashbacks!!! It's like the same scene over and over again! Xiaolong, they do have flashback to the kissing scene...again only saw LGX's eyes..hehehe

Last episode seems veryyyyyyyyyyyy touching....

Still disappointed with LGX and SN's lack of interactions (But definitely better than Lin Mufei and Jiayi in Tian Ya)
    I'm sure there were memorial moments/conversations they had.....I don't understand that's why I was disappointed-because I had to rely on their physical interactions, and not much that I saw....LOL

I then need to rely on you guys to give me your memorial moments of them that way I can feel awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and say cute! cute! cute! ...too...hehehe
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-07-11 at 11:33 AM.

Episode: 26

Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-27-11 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Still disappointed with LGX and SN's lack of interactions (But definitely better than Lin Mufei and Jiayi in Tian Ya)
    I'm sure there were memorial moments/conversations they had.....I don't understand that's why I was disappointed-because I had to rely on their physical interactions, and not much that I saw....LOL

I then need to rely on you guys to give me your memorial moments of them that way I can feel awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and say cute! cute! cute! ...too...hehehe
    LGX-SN may not have many interactions. But the flashback putting together all their scenes in Ep 26 from 8:18 to 8:52 and with the lovely music accompaniment makes it pretty romantic to me. There's just something about falling and water that makes everything so romantic .

But I agree with kengyew that the LGX-RY scenes were MUCH too intense - even the Chinese media is now focusing on Wallace-Tong Liya instead of Wallace-LSS . At least LMF in TYZN had a superficial relationship with the other woman.

I MUCH rather they just cut down on the LGX-RY flashbacks for some balance with LGX-SN. Too many RY flashbacks - they should have left in more scenes of Xiaomei's childhood for that Leslie Cheung in Chinese Ghost Story feel . Xiaomei = cool & hunky Leslie Cheung lookalike.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-07-11 at 01:29 PM.

That's the thing.....LGX and SN didn't even get an intense scene like LGX-RY... But at the same time, I'm not that much into those wayyyy over lovey-dovey thing (e.g. Yang Kang/Mu Nianci-LGX/RY).
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-07-11 at 12:13 PM.

Episode: 27

Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-27-11 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    .But I agree with kengyew that the LGX-RY scenes were MUCH too intense - even the Chinese media is now focusing on Wallace-Tong Liya instead of Wallace-LSS
    Yayyyyy ... I'm not alone in the world liking LGX/RY! I realize this is not a popular stance in this forum. *peeps out at LGX/SN fans*

That's the thing.....LGX and SN didn't even get an intense scene like LGX-RY... But at the same time, I'm not that much into those wayyyy over lovey-dovey thing (e.g. Yang Kang/Mu Nianci-LGX/RY).
    Yeah, but I'm not even getting the Guo Jing-Huang Rong sweet kind of relationship with the lack of romantic interaction that they have. I mean why have the fog and that fugly Empress Lu woman at the CPR kiss? (Ok Ok, obsessing again about kisses *sheepish*).

See the articles cropping up about Wallace-Tong Liya...sheesh! I'm sick of them already.
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2011-01-07/10563200673.shtml
    http://ent.qq.com/a/20100915/000293.htm
    http://ent.hunantv.com/t/20100806/724939.html
    And their tieba thread: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=850242193
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-07-11 at 12:36 PM.

I think they deleted a case or didn't film it at all That's why the series is short 5 episodes....

We didn't get to see this outfit...would have been major LGX/SN interaction in this case cuz I believe they pretended to be husband and wife..
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.tinypic.com/fo3rqx.jpg')

I have a feeling, I will get to see at least one intense scene in Bu Bu Jing Xin for LSS and her two princes that will double the interaction of LGX/SN in this whole series....LOL!!
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-07-11 at 12:38 PM.

I think they deleted a case or didn't film it at all That's why the series is short 5 episodes....

We didn't get to see this outfit...would have been major LGX/SN interaction in this case cuz I believe they pretended to be husband and wife..
    But there's FOUR more episodes right? So we may get to see this outfit? But honestly, I wouldn't want her to pretend to be RY (as what I read) - maybe scene deleted bcos too cheesy for her to pretend to be his dead wife. I would hate my current boyfriend to imitate my ex.

That said, I think there were TOO MANY unnecessary LGX-RY love scenes. At least 70% of them should have been cut.

I have a feeling, I will get to see at least one intense scene in Bu Bu Jing Xin for LSS and her two princes that will double the interaction of LGX/SN in this whole series....LOL!!
    I don't mind her going intense with Kevin who looks super-hot in Qing. But Nicky looks FUGLY in Qing! (sorry ChineseChik )
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-07-11 at 12:41 PM.

I should have all the episodes up soon....and nope, no black outfit...what a bummer

That said, I think there were TOO MANY unnecessary LGX-RY love scenes. At least 70% of them should have been cut.
    Totally agree! Okay..okay..I'm being bias..hehehe. Nothing against RY, their relationship as husband/wife were sweet. But I wish they would have made LGX/SN's relationship just as intense..hehehe just to be fair right?? Even the hug was like nothing!!! Hu Ge hugged her even tighter when they were acting in the Taiwan variety show...

Like I said earlier...I think they rushed the ending.

Yeah, now I want to see LSS kiss Kevin...hehehe. I don't think Chinesechik wll mind...afterall, Adam Cheng...oh! ummmm..Kevin Cheng is growing on her..LOL
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-07-11 at 12:53 PM.

Episode: 28

Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-27-11 at 08:10 PM.

Totally agree! Okay..okay..I'm being bias..hehehe. Nothing against RY, their relationship as husband/wife were sweet. But I wish they would have made LGX/SN's relationship just as intense..hehehe just to be fair right?? Even the hug was like nothing!!! Hu Ge hugged her even tighter when they were acting in the Taiwan variety show...
    I think the LGX crying in SN's arms hug at the end of Ep 27 was pretty intense, MUCH more so than HG's hug! That was in the Strange Hero MV you posted before broadcast right? Well, I do think they have enough scenes together to make quite a number of good MVs (compared to LMF-JY in TYZN whose virtually non-existent interactions had fans desperately trying to piece together barely half of 1 MV).

But why do I get the sinking feeling that more MVs will be made of LGX-RY . Really hope not.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-07-11 at 01:27 PM.

For those who read the summary, did it say which episode SN was supposed to pretend to be LGX's wife and wear the outfit above?

But why do I get the sinking feeling that more MVs will be made of LGX-RY
    I would say their scenes are pretty limited to make an MV out of too...

In Tian Ya, they had to put clips from LOCH to make an interesting MV...hehehe otherwise the scenes were pretty limited too

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.tinypic.com/fo3rqx.jpg')
    They pre-released this pretty photo during the press thingys before broadcast and they didn't even have it in the final product? And that's it? No more chances of my lovery-dovey dream finale where hero hugs & kisses girl whom he really loved deep down in his heart all this while? BOOOO!!! I've changed my mind - I don't wanna see Wallace with Tong Liya ever again . I will never forgive her for stealing Shi Shi's man .

^^^LOL!!!!!! I think it's the other way around...hehehe

SN didn't totally succeed in take over RY's man...LOL

Nope! That outfit didn't make it! And the green outfit that she wore in epi. 6(as a prostitute) only lasted for like 5 minutes??? I loved her in that green outfit!!
    I'm also mad that the boring Tian Ya had 36 episodes-reduced from 40 and this only have 30 which was way more enjoyable to watch! What was that??!!
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-07-11 at 01:50 PM.

The intense LGX-SN stare from 12:06 to 12:09 was bcos of the word play on "heart". First about the people's hearts, then about recapturing the emperor's heart. Then they realise that hearts could refer to both of them.

I'm also mad that the boring Tian Ya had 36 episodes-reduced from 40 and this only have 30 which was way more enjoyable to watch! What was that??!!
    I'm not sure how the arrangement is with the TV stations, but it's likely she was given 40 slots for TYZN and had to fulfill near the 40. As for Strange Hero, she might have only gotten 30 slots bcos from what I see, there are a lot of new dramas being aired at the same time. Well, at least we know YZ's Gong has been bumped off to Feb 2011 .

Well, TYZN was all Karen's idea and her story (or maybe her attempt to compete with YZ's women dramas?). But I must say YH & LSS conducted themselves very professionally even though it's probably not their kind of series and their scenes were cut.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-07-11 at 04:07 PM.