Page 45 of 84 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Are you guys giving me too much credit? I haven't thought nearly as deep as NuDaFu about this. What I was trying to address was what I, as a viewer, perceived as how the plot was attempting to portray "love" for the two different pairings.

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    Huh? GX-RY is like YG & XLN? Don't think so. I thought GX-RY was a normal & healthy boyfriend-girlfriend turn husband-wife relationship. I didn't find them overly obsessed at all.

AWWWWW...C'mon guys. All bcos you are upset that GX-SN had no chemistry, you have to belittle GX-RY? You must admit that GX-SN had way more scenes than GX-RY, and for GX-SN still to feel like siblings...oh well.
    There were no negative connotations associated with comparing LGX/RY to YG/XLN. (Maybe I picked the wrong couple because YG/XLN seem to carry many negative connations on this forum). I never mentioned anything about obsession at all. Maybe it was because I was going to bed and was too tired to put my thoughts down comprehensibly, but my comparison to YG/XLN has nothing to do with how they expressed their love, what situation they were in, etc. The comparison is ONLY in this:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju!
    It is dramatic and memorable because all of the things that happen. You know about the love because there are so many things that you can see.
    We, as the viewers, know that they are in love because we can see the trials/tribulations that fell upon them and how they cared/sacrified for each other. For example, LGX risked his future promotion as an imperial guard and married RY, the daughter of a disgraced official, and of course, RY's ultimate sacrifice to buy LGX more time to save his shifu. As the audience, we can very clearly see these actions.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Comparing apples to bananas? YG-XLN had relationship taboo, Love Flower poison, sexual assault, and 16 years separations between them. Their love wasn't "dramatic", it was their trials that were "dramatic". Considering XLN was not a chatterbox, I would actually describe their love as 尽在不言中.
    Not really. I'd say it's more green Granny Smith apples to giant Fuji apples? Or at most, maybe apples to grapples, but definitely not bananas!

Anyhow, I addressed this already above. Just wanted to say, we're probably thinking closer along the same lines than you realize. I didn't mean that LGX/RY's love was dramatic but that the plot allowed them to have the drama of trials/tribulations, though not nearly as many as YG/XLN. I wasn't talking about how they expressed their love to one another.

As for LGX/SN, I can see why some viewers may be unsatisfied because of the lack of tangible scenes where we can pinpoint how deep LGX's love/affection is to SN. The plot wanted to use 尽在不言中 for the viewers to see their love, and personally, I like that. I have my own BFF that I'm in love with, and I can draw parallels and similarities to my own personal life. I'm satisfied with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu
    However, 不用常掛在嘴邊 and 尽在不言中 has a 'non-communication' danger to me.
    I completely agree with your point about LGX/SN's lack of communication. Their love was still new and certainly had not matured to the level of security as LGX/RY's was, hence SN's lack of confidence in herself. I was in no way saying that 尽在不言中 was a good way for them to express their love yet. LGX/RY had reached that point in their relationship, (LGX said himself about RY, "她懂我,我也懂她。") but not LGX/SN. Given time that we were not allowed the luxury of seeing in the drama but was probably implied by the last few scenes, LGX/SN might.

Anyway, I've got to run, but in summary, what I was saying last time was how the plot allowed the viewers to "see" the love of each couple. Which you find more "satisfying" is "to each his own."
    Last edited by Hoju!; 01-10-11 at 12:17 AM.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

so the series is over, ETA on dvd release? or higher quality videos?
    or suggestion to any chinese-torrentsites that i could use to find the higher quality videos?

*patiently waiting to watch the show in the quality it deserves*

The official ratings from CSM are not out yet, but it's voted most popular series for beginning of 2011 in Sohu's poll.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9028/strangehero.jpg')

Another angle of our favourite Ming Dynasty F4...I think Edwin looks much better in modern clothes. He totally doesn't suit long hair. Wallace pulls it off, though I still prefer clean-shaven.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2007/34539646.jpg')

This article cites Ma Tianyu's rising stardom from Strange Hero:
    http://ent.qq.com/a/20110110/000342.htm
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-10-11 at 06:30 AM.

Actually, I really like the cool contraption scene of LSS/SN suspended over the knives - it's potentially very sexy in an S&M way . It would have been double the fun if she wore the knee-high boots which xiaolong has been wishing her to wear for the longest time .

But I agree that LGX got away too lightly in that scene. Kneeling ain't enough. Plus he didn't agonise enough. In my alternative fanfic universe, he not only kneels but kowtows till his head bleeds and his face all bloody. SN cries seeing him do that. WQ is unmoved and nastily lets loose the contraption cables. Close-up of the threatening wheel-turning mechanics of the contraption. SN is about to fall onto the knives. Slow-motion wuxia sequence - in a split-second, LGX knocks down WQ and flies towards the contraption to block SN from hitting the knives. He gets pierced instead, but before the knives go any deeper, SN swiftly does some cool somersault moves in her tied-up position to break LGX's fall momentum and with luck, the knives board breaks loose and threaten to fall on WQ instead, with LGX-SN gingerly balancing it inches away from WQ. LGX makes the final duel deal with WQ before letting him off. LGX-SN embrace emotionally after this life-threatening situation and confess their love for one another...along the lines of, "I cannot live without you."

Also during LGX-WQ final duel, wasn't SN sick with worry? How come she went off like nothing after a BFF hug (that hug didn't look loving to me at all )? My alternative fanfic - she secretly goes to the duel appointed place and watches from a tree all tensed up. LGX wins after difficulty but is seriously injured, she nurses him, applies ointment to his wounds and then there's that warm LGX-SN hand-holding , and scene cuts to an MV of their 'moments'.

Don't blame me - all of us have to rely on fanfic to make up for the disappointment that was Wallace-LSS pairing .

NOW I'm looking forward to ZZ-SN love in NuDaFu's alternative fanfic universe. We are all waiting for you NuDaFu...IT'S YOUR TURN NOW!
    Last edited by kengyew; 01-10-11 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    LSS interview with U + Weekly
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/352pytv.jpg')
    Liu Shi Shi: Enough 'Girl Chase Man' Experience
    Article talks about her character in Strange Hero chasing Wallace Huo and almost forced to become a nun. Here's the (more or less) translation:
    Q: Some people say SN is like 御姐 (Yu Jie - Jap anime kick-a** female fighter) and very cool. Why do you think so?
    (Aside - this is Yu Jie. Look at her boots!)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3654/yujie.jpg')
    LSS: It's because SN is very direct and feisty/tomboyish. Appearance wise, she's very neat and clean.
    Q: Do you like this kind of style?
    LSS: Actually my style is quite tomboyish. On the set, I find boy's costumes cooler, cleaner and neater. It's also easier to move around. A tomboy style also saves lots of time in doing make-up and hair!
    Q: A lot of people have observed: in LOCH, you had a bitter love with Yang Kang, in Tian Ya Zhi Nu, you chased after Lin Mufei with great difficulty. Now in Strange Hero, you have to chase after Li Ge Xiao.
    LSS: Well, looks like I have a lot of experience in chasing the man! But this time, the ending is different from the rest. The production was deciding on two kinds of endings, and decided to go with an open ending to keep people guessing.
    Q: How do you find working with Wallace Huo the second time round?
    LSS: Although we have worked together in CP3, we didn't have many scenes together. He's a very professional, hard-working actor. His real life personality is a bit like Li Ge Xiao's - mature, looks after people. Sometimes he also injects his own creative input into the scene.
    Q: SN is very different from your previous roles, isn't it?
    LSS: She's a very lively, light-hearted character, unlike the tragic characters I've played before. Although SN has experienced tragedy in her past, she doesn't let it get her down. Once she meets the Yi Zhi Mei team, she finds great purpose in life.
    Q: Most of your projects have been period dramas, are you afraid of being stereotyped?
    LSS: Definitely not (laughs). Although I have acted in many period dramas, my characters are very different. Although initially I acted mostly as gentle, mild characters, CP3's Long Kui, TYZN's Princess Jiayi and now Strange Hero's SN are not mild at all and very different from previous roles. Especially SN, a role which has broken new ground for me. I hope the audience will like this new me.

My take is that the 'open ending' in Strange Hero is to keep the audience guessing about the state of LGX-SN's relationship.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-10-11 at 12:15 PM.

Kengyew!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEE your alternative fanfic way better than the series..hehehe.

Hmmmmmmmmmm....that's sounds like a possible sequel xiaolong..LOL!
    Even in Strange Hero's weibo, there were talk about a sequel...I think fans were writing in and demanded it....

Yeah, MTY is really getting all the publicity for this series...way to go MTY!! Hope he and LSS will get to cooperate on more projects together

Yes, Xiao Xiao. I'm also petitioning for Strange Hero sequel on Karen's weibo, AND for her to do a Young Warriors sequel that focuses on Mu Guiying (Yang Liu Lang's daughter-in-law). LSS will be so happy to do another tough-talking kick-a** top wulin fighter role. (Hey, Amy Chan once acted as Mu Guiying in the 1980s - won't that be cool to see her now act as her own grandmother-in-law?!).

See how much NuDaFu has influenced all of us?!!! Everyone's hyped for LSS as Mu Guiying and for ZZ-SN love now!

Strange Hero weibo says maybe a movie sequel would be done .

Actually as someone pointed out, it would be uber-cool (plus attract lots of viewers) if Yuan Hong reprises a Yelu Xie-type role who will try to seduce SN away from LGX. There will be that OOOHH BTS tension within the audience watching SN's past life lover from the Song Dynasty (i.e. you-know-who) facing off her present life lover in the Ming Dynasty (LGX). But I know the chances are probably ZERO after reading that he abruptly dumped Tangren+Bu Bu back last July already.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-10-11 at 09:00 PM.

★週一至週五八點檔(2011.01.03-2011.01.07)
    1 夜市人生 (民視) 6.07
    2 家和萬事興 (三立) 4.31
    3 家有四千金 (台視) (01/03-01/06) 1.67
    4 百萬小學堂 (台視) (01/07) 1.38
    5 歡喜婆婆俏媳婦 (中視) (01/03-01/04) 1.13 最高1.13%
    6 包青天 (華視) 1.04
    7 怪俠一枝梅 (中視) (01/04-01/06) 1.00
    8 我猜我猜我猜猜猜 (中視) (01/07) 0.89
    Ratings in Taiwan

So it's broken 1 in Taiwan (considered successful for a Mainland series) thanks to Wallace's pull power. Just don't get why Yu Zheng is always ahead.

Looks like lots of people in Taiwan and China (probably housewives) like Yu Zheng-type women dramas unlike most of us here.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-10-11 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Another angle of our favourite Ming Dynasty F4...I think Edwin looks much better in modern clothes. He totally doesn't suit long hair. Wallace pulls it off, though I still prefer clean-shaven.
    Wallace pulls off anything.

Hey, any news on that Happy 100 thing? I'm guessing they cancelled the appearance?
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Let me bet ya there will be a ZZ-SN scene. I'm still trying to work out a grand mystery for SN's father. As I suggested for a sequel, I think that mystery should be the driving, overall plot. I figure if we don't get the sequel, I can satisfy my plot needs by writing it myself. I'm quite proud of SN's love interest...much more complicated and packed with history than ZZ.
    well i for one am quite looking forward to it.
    and what do you mean "quite proud of SN's love interest"? did you make someone up already? its not going to be ZZ?

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    But I agree that LGX got away too lightly in that scene. Kneeling ain't enough. Plus he didn't agonise enough. In my alternative fanfic universe, he not only kneels but kowtows till his head bleeds and his face all bloody. SN cries seeing him do that. WQ is unmoved and nastily lets loose the contraption cables. Close-up of the threatening wheel-turning mechanics of the contraption. SN is about to fall onto the knives. Slow-motion wuxia sequence - in a split-second, LGX knocks down WQ and flies towards the contraption to block SN from hitting the knives. He gets pierced instead, but before the knives go any deeper, SN swiftly does some cool somersault moves in her tied-up position to break LGX's fall momentum and with luck, the knives board breaks loose and threaten to fall on WQ instead, with LGX-SN gingerly balancing it inches away from WQ. LGX makes the final duel deal with WQ before letting him off. LGX-SN embrace emotionally after this life-threatening situation and confess their love for one another...along the lines of, "I cannot live without you."

Also during LGX-WQ final duel, wasn't SN sick with worry? How come she went off like nothing after a BFF hug (that hug didn't look loving to me at all )? My alternative fanfic - she secretly goes to the duel appointed place and watches from a tree all tensed up. LGX wins after difficulty but is seriously injured, she nurses him, applies ointment to his wounds and then there's that warm LGX-SN hand-holding , and scene cuts to an MV of their 'moments'.
    hahaha, that's quite some imagination there! but i agree, i definitely like this scenario better

An interview with Wallace!
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjM1OTkyODY0.html

Background music = ni hao jiu hao, sung by Wallace himself. I love that song.
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 01-10-11 at 11:48 PM.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

I really like the type of relationship between LGX and SN, though its by no means perfect. Rather than use the term siblings to describe them, I would use 知己 (not sure how to translate this terman intense knowledge of the other person?). At least on San Niangs part, she understands him better than anyone else, more than the other members of the band, and certainly more than Ru Yi did.

(Side rant: The way RYs sacrifice played out in the plot made it practically pointless, and I blame the writers for that. She thinks they have no hope of escape, so she decides to lead the chase away in the opposite direction. But the way the scenes were played, the four of them a WHOLE ENTIRE NIGHT at an inn to bandage themselves, rest and recover unmolested, with no one noticing or bothering them. If the situation was that dire, they should have left immediately and traveled through the night. A couple of scenes later, LGX and Bao Lai Ying are saying goodbye to the teacher and then rushing back, making it seem like they werent that far from the border in the first place. Meanwhile, RY met no soldiers in pursuit (the very people she wanted to attract presumably) and practically had to run up to a checkpoint and announce her identity.
    Even if she did successfully lure soldiers away, it still made no sense to think that her getting captured by Yan Song would prevent him from seeking to capture LGXin fact it gave the dude a priceless opportunity. How could she think he wouldnt get himself back in danger to save her? And theyre supposed to understand each other perfectly?)

In contrast, San Niang sees through LGXs repeated attempts to get her out of the way, and in fact corrects the errors he makes when he goes it alone, giving them a much greater chance to succeed. What I really wanted to see in the last episode, more than a kiss, is for LGX to apologize for leaving her in the dark AGAIN. The whole dilemma Ying Wu Qiu put him in could have been avoided if he just told her what was going on. She had to find out herself, which led to her getting captured and almost getting killed.

I think production sort of shot themselves in the foot when they set up this wonderful 'test' to demonstrate LGX choses SN over the country, only to dilute the effect of the conflict, when we see that LGX works out all along that the invasion was nothing but YWQ's plan to frame Yan Song & son. Sure, it was still a gamble, but everything was still within LGX's predictions and strategy even the decision to save SN (realizing also that HR was there too).
    Agree. It lessens the weight of LGX choice and cheapens his emotions if he really wasnt in a genuine dilemma.
    It also frankly makes the character a bit harder to relate to for me, if hes so superhuman that he can see through every stratagem and does everything as a tactic, even kneeling to the enemy to save his beloved.

I would've liked to see more of the gang help EACH OTHER grow...not only LGX being the all wise teaching everyone how to grow up. For example, Chai Hu believes he abandoned his 'woman' and child, yet ultimately, he is one of the steadfastly loyal of them all. He made a mistake and wants to be responsible for it...it would've been good for SN to 'heal' from this example. Serious, heart-to-heart chat between Chai Hu and SN on the themes of regret, responsibility, and abandonment would've been enlightening.
    I love this idea. The character interactions are really endearing and I love them as they are now, but something like would give them even more depth and realism.

LGX and RYs relationship was passionate and sweet, if a bit stereotypical for me. I have to confess I have a hard time liking her character on its own though. Its not because shes SNs romantic rival or whatever, but because she was a complete ***** to Bao Lai Ying. Theres really no other way to put it.

Wow...thanks for your analysis. But as you can see from Liu Shi Shi's interview, she revealed that the production chose an open ending to leave the audience guessing about the state of LGX & SN's ambiguous relationship.

Actually it's a very clever tactic, as "open-ness" ensures continued discussions (plus continued publicity) in forums about the said subject long after the series is over. Not to mention a multitude of fanfics (like NuDaFu's and kengyew's). That's what "dis-satisfaction" does, which in this case, was likely to be intentional.

Notice Tangren released a Wallace-LSS MV before broadcast which got people excited, and then pretty much killed off their coupledom with Tong Liya flashbacks in the actual product? Might have been intentional to create "disappointment" which will in turn create innumerable LGX-SN fanfics.

I remember the same tactic was used in Zhang Ziyi's The Banquet movie in 2006. Who killed the Empress? discussions still go on today.

Actually, what's wrong with being siblings? It affirms the close bonding and mutual understanding of Yi Zhi Mei which is pivotal to its very concept. E.g. I believe I do understand my sister better than even her own husband. Nothing wrong with that . Siblings should have the ultimate "知己", that's why it's always seen as a major tragedy in classic Chinese literature & history to have siblings become enemies, e.g. GJ vs YK in LOCH, the Handsome Siblings, Emperor Yongzheng vs his brothers.

But that said, there is a BIG difference between someone who's your blood sibling and someone whom you treat as a sibling. With blood siblings, there's the Westermarck effect, a natural instinct that ensures they romantically repulse each other (exception being Long Kui). But with someone unrelated of the opposite sex whom you see as a sibling and whom you met as an adult, there's possibility of an innate romantic affection - that LGX-SN did hold hands indicate an innate something. My take is that LGX-SN are currently like siblings...until ZZ (or Yelu Xie reincarnation) goes after SN. Then the innate something in LGX will flare up in the form of jealousy and then he realises he does love her...

See! The open ending created another fanfic!!!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-11-11 at 07:55 AM.

Hoju,

I don't think deep, I just rationalise by default .

I get your view:

YG-XLN, LGX-RY = explicit love
    LGX-SN = implicit love

I don't think there are negative connotations associated with YG-XLN, just that the relationship has reached epic, Romeo & Juliet proportions, quite incomparable to anything else due to it's uniqueness. That being said, because it is quite complex in nature, the disagreement comes from so easily categorising it as anything specific. IMO, it includes both explicit and implicit love. I think YG-XLN vs LGX-RY is apples vs bananas due to the differences in their complexity, as a direct result from the events and emotions that created each relationship.

I was in no way saying that 尽在不言中 was a good way for them to express their love yet. LGX/RY had reached that point in their relationship, (LGX said himself about RY, "她懂我,我也懂她。") but not LGX/SN. Given time that we were not allowed the luxury of seeing in the drama but was probably implied by the last few scenes, LGX/SN might.
    The latter weakens, if not defeats, the whole premises of your argument. Maybe you are unconsciously arguing for me .

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew
    SN is about to fall onto the knives. Slow-motion wuxia sequence - in a split-second, LGX knocks down WQ and flies towards the contraption to block SN from hitting the knives. He gets pierced instead, but before the knives go any deeper, SN swiftly does some cool somersault moves in her tied-up position to break LGX's fall momentum and with luck, the knives board breaks loose and threaten to fall on WQ instead, with LGX-SN gingerly balancing it inches away from WQ.
    Just like to point out, even in fanfiction land, that wouldn't be convincing. The danger is not in the spiky board under SN; it's really more than an ornament. SN has leverage from her ropes to avoid anything beneath her. The real danger is all the explosive triggers connected directly to the ropes tied to her fingers...that is the ingenious part of the trap. SN cannot do any somersaults, flips, etc because that would pull her fingers so much it would push the flames to the explosives close enough to blast everyone sky high. If YWQ was aiming to pull that ropey to drop SN into the spikes, he's more stupid than we give him credit for. Doing that would either blow him up too or give SN means to escape.

If the explosives were taken out of the equation, I can't see why SN couldn't have saved them all in the first place. At the end of the day, LGX could've used some team work, and worked in tandem to apprehend YWQ while drenching the place with water. Lighting wet gunpowder is as effective as lighting sand.

Also during LGX-WQ final duel, wasn't SN sick with worry? How come she went off like nothing after a BFF hug
    It's that understanding between them that Hoju mentions. While I still disagree that it's romantically based, I do agree a comrade-like understanding does exist. SN understands the battle is between 'brothers'. It's going to be a painful experience for LGX regardless of the results - men don't like to have an audience for their pain (actually, I don't think anyone does). It's about knowing to give that space for LGX to do what he must without distractions. Having been recently caught by YWQ, SN should realise she is a liability - in a good way.

Insightful points you brought up ailinon! May I add it is the scriptwriter's responsibility of not thinking through the dilemmas. Interestingly, Korea's Iljimae did this really well by:

1. Couldn't kill father's framer because he loved the culprit's daughter.
    2. Couldn't kill the man responsible for his sister's death because the culprit's father had been his adopted father, who had loved him enough to die for his criminal activities.
    3. Couldn't kill the ultimate baddie because it turned out that was his biological father (Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader moment!).

That's conflict for you!

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong
    My take is that LGX-SN are currently like siblings...until ZZ (or Yelu Xie reincarnation) goes after SN. Then the innate something in LGX will flare up in the form of jealousy and then he realises he does love her...
    "exception being Long Kui"

Jealousy seems to be the favoured. I suppose we not only like to see reciprocated love, but reciprocated chasing .

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525
    and what do you mean "quite proud of SN's love interest"? did you make someone up already? its not going to be ZZ?
    ZZ-SN is unfortunately going to be one-sided (on ZZ's side). ZZ is not going to be a main 'lover boy'. He doesn't have enough history to tie a convincing developing relationship with SN. Shared history is beautiful for relationship development, hence my OC.

Yes, I've already written a solid history for SN's OC love interest...just can't think of a name.

I'm watching the other Korean versions of Yi Zhi Mei as part of research. I love well researched and 'fleshed out' stories...a standard which I keep too. The musical score for Iljimae is amazing. They have one of the most evocative theme songs I've ever heard. I shouldn't complain about any type of ending for this version, the Korean ending was unsatisfactory to say the least.

I need to write the whole fanfic before I post it anywhere. It just means chapters can be posted quicker. I think writing chapter after chapter before ~80-90% completion is unnecessary pressure (don't know how Jap mangaka do it).
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 01-11-11 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu
    I just rationalise by default.
    That's a very good default to go to.

Ok, I've realized I'm terrible at explaining my point about this. Probably no one is interested anymore, so this will be my one last time. I believe that you and I aren't too far off in certain aspects, NuDaFu, so yes, probably it does seem like I'm arguing your point at times. My one last attempt at this:

- RY/LGX have more explicit events where the audience could witness their love.
    - RY/LGX in terms of expression of their love do it both explicitly/implicitly. (Hence, the "She understands me, I also understand her," statement from LGX.)
    - SN/LGX, I believe, are in love, but still budding, kind of like a couple that has been dating for a short period of time. They're past that initial attraction phase, but they haven't reached the understanding that RY/LGX have with one another.
    - SN/LGX's stares and hand-holding is like the early dating couple. That's how we're supposed to see they are in love or, at least, falling in love. But this can leave the audience wondering how deep are their feelings for one another because, well, it's just a few stares and a little bit of hand-holding. (Plus, LSS and Wallace just don't have the onscreen chemistry that Tong Liya and Wallace do.) What I was saying before was, I don't mind this and actually like it whereas I can see why some would not be satisfied by it. However, up until the middle of ep. 30, SN did not know how much LGX cared for her. That aspect of understanding wasn't there, although, as ailinon pointed out, SN does understand LGX quite well in other aspects.
    - SN/LGX: after YWQ's ingenious trap, I'm taking the interpretation that the understanding between them had increased, and hence, that wordless hug that outwardly lacked passion but implied support/understanding.

Now, I'll stop here. I'm sure I've beat this to death now, but I'm more annoyed at myself that I did such an inadequate job explaining myself. From here on, let's just agree to disagree.

ailinon, I'm glad someone else mentioned how badly Bao Laiying was treated. I was irked by it at first, but what really got to me was how LGX and RY basically told him off him after he helped rescue LGX's shifu (someone who had been treating him terribly). And when he told RY that she shouldn't be there (the first time, right after he rescued them out of the city), she slapped him! Sure, disagree with him and tell him you're going to support your man, but the slap was definitely uncalled for! It made me feel really bad for Bao Laiying.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

So I'm not the only person who thinks RY being was *****y to Bao Laiying. The part that bothered me most was when LGX returned and she was helping him into the inn, she gave BLY a really condescending look. I can understand why she'd be angry at him, but that in-your-face glare was uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by ailinon View Post
    (Side rant: The way RY’s sacrifice played out in the plot made it practically pointless, and I blame the writers for that. She thinks they have no hope of escape, so she decides to lead the chase away in the opposite direction. But the way the scenes were played, the four of them a WHOLE ENTIRE NIGHT at an inn to bandage themselves, rest and recover unmolested, with no one noticing or bothering them. If the situation was that dire, they should have left immediately and traveled through the night. A couple of scenes later, LGX and Bao Lai Ying are saying goodbye to the teacher and then rushing back, making it seem like they weren’t that far from the border in the first place. Meanwhile, RY met no soldiers in pursuit (the very people she wanted to attract presumably) and practically had to run up to a checkpoint and announce her identity.
    Even if she did successfully lure soldiers away, it still made no sense to think that her getting captured by Yan Song would prevent him from seeking to capture LGX—in fact it gave the dude a priceless opportunity. How could she think he wouldn’t get himself back in danger to save her? And they’re supposed to understand each other perfectly?)
    Yeah, I was also thinking about this point
    And also, why would Bao Laiying agree to continue on with them to send Zheng Dong Liu to the border?
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

ZZ-SN is unfortunately going to be one-sided (on ZZ's side). ZZ is not going to be a main 'lover boy'. He doesn't have enough history to tie a convincing developing relationship with SN. Shared history is beautiful for relationship development, hence my OC.

Yes, I've already written a solid history for SN's OC love interest...just can't think of a name.

I need to write the whole fanfic before I post it anywhere. It just means chapters can be posted quicker. I think writing chapter after chapter before ~80-90% completion is unnecessary pressure (don't know how Jap mangaka do it).
    hmm sounds like a very interesting character

and yes, i much prefer if you could just post the whole thing on at once so i can read it all! haha

WOW! ALL of you guys are truly amazzzinggggggg!!!! I loveeee and enjoyed reading everybody's detailed analysis and insights about this series! It helped me understand the series a great deal! I liked how you guys disected certain scenes/situations/feelings and made it more meaningful and clear than what my naked eyes saw... So Thank you!

I went to re-watch epi. 29 and 30, and I realized and so proud that SN grew up/matured and became a more understanding woman compared to her stubborness and hothead ways at the beginning of the series..did anybody noticed that

NuDaFu, can't wait for your fanfic!...question, when you say OC are you referring to Ou Chen(spl) from Summer's Desire, and that SN's love interest will be Peter Ho?
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-11-11 at 06:09 PM.