Page 46 of 84 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    NuDaFu, can't wait for your fanfic!...question, when you say OC are you referring to Ou Chen(spl) from Summer's Desire, and that SN's love interest will be Peter Ho?
    OMIGAWD!! NuDaFu, if you are writing about Ou Chen (maybe his Ming Dynasty past life having a hot romance with San Niang) you are my hero forever!!! *grovel*

Aside: Sorry, I didn't think Xia Mo (in Summer's Desire) was good enough for Ou Chen AT ALL . San Niang would be perfect for Ou Chen.

I'm really bored right now. Found another article, this one about Lao Fu Zi:
    http://yule.sohu.com/20110111/n278803036.shtml

Better shots of those mei hua painting from December:
    Huo Jian Hua:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://t1.qpic.cn/mblogpic/707cd1e5e34fa07ce8b6/460')
    Ma Tianyu (OMG that's amazing...):
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://t1.qpic.cn/mblogpic/db2bc8fb3314c603fa7e/460')
    Liu Shi Shi:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://t1.qpic.cn/mblogpic/0f5b220323d3b122a010/460')
    Edwin:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://t1.qpic.cn/mblogpic/cfac727852bbb0b5a9b6/460')
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 01-11-11 at 07:58 PM.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

MV of San Niang and Xiaomei

This article talks about some of the major series broadcasting in 2011 New Year month - Strange Hero, Terracotta War & Love starring Ady An(古今大战秦俑情), Iron Age (钢铁年代), Horse Family (老马家)...among others. Iron Age is No. 1 in viewership ratings.:
    http://yule.sohu.com/20110112/n278812261.shtml

Here's what they say about Strange Hero:
    深圳卫视、东南卫视的《怪侠一枝梅》,以年轻偶像和奇幻色彩,秒杀年轻收视群,《怪侠一枝梅》故事背景发生 在明朝,民间侠盗组织“一枝梅”对抗应无求所率领的朝廷锦衣卫,全剧共分九个单元,这种节奏控制很好地抓住 观众。戏中武打动作干脆,霍建华、马天宇、刘诗诗几位青春偶像也在表演中穿插现代喜剧,剧集增加乐趣。CS M上周热剧收视率报表中,《怪侠一枝梅》帮深圳卫视挤入元旦档电视剧收视率排名前十位。
    Basically it says Strange Hero attracts a younger audience than the rest of the dramas. Strange Hero has helped Shenzhen TV get into the New Year Top 10 viewership ratings.

I read somewhere that Strange Hero is hovering around No. 6 & 7. In that case, don't think it will surpass CP1, CP3, LOCH08 or Young Warriors. It will be a respectable success, but doubt it's enough to make Tangren do a sequel.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-11-11 at 09:35 PM.

NuDaFu, can't wait for your fanfic!...question, when you say OC are you referring to Ou Chen(spl) from Summer's Desire, and that SN's love interest will be Peter Ho?
    LOL umm i'm pretty sure OC means "other character" or something along those lines...as in, a character that is made up and not in the original series. but i can see why you would jump to ou chen - peter is irresistible haha!

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    Aside: Sorry, I didn't think Xia Mo (in Summer's Desire) was good enough for Ou Chen AT ALL . San Niang would be perfect for Ou Chen.
    well, then again, who IS good enough for OC? he's just too perfect lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    LOL umm i'm pretty sure OC means "other character" or something along those lines...as in, a character that is made up and not in the original series. but i can see why you would jump to ou chen - peter is irresistible!
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh...well I dont know, OC can mean anything! And that's the first that came to my mind..hehehe. About Peter Ho...whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Chinesechik

When I read fanfics I usually need an actor/actress to visualize as that character, so NuDaFu do you have an actor in mind?

LSS and Ma Tianyu from the Shenzhen premiere conference...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/34qspa9.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/10gz8r4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/2a9a0ls.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/28033ex.jpg')

I went to re-watch epi. 29 and 30, and I realized and so proud that SN grew up/matured and became a more understanding woman compared to her stubborness and hothead ways at the beginning of the series..did anybody noticed that
    But don't you think her hotheaded and spunky ways are what's most endearing about San Niang?

LGX will bog her down. SN's a spunky free spirit who'd be much happier with someone closer her age and without emotional baggage - like ZZ!! (see NuDaFu's influence here and everywhere!)

NuDaFu - I am positively dying to read your fanfic about OC-SN-ZZ love triangle!! C'mon, OC is Peter's Ou Chen right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    SN/LGX, I believe, are in love, but still budding, kind of like a couple that has been dating for a short period of time. They're past that initial attraction phase, but they haven't reached the understanding that RY/LGX have with one another.
    - SN/LGX's stares and hand-holding is like the early dating couple. That's how we're supposed to see they are in love or, at least, falling in love. But this can leave the audience wondering how deep are their feelings for one another because, well, it's just a few stares and a little bit of hand-holding. (Plus, LSS and Wallace just don't have the onscreen chemistry that Tong Liya and Wallace do.) What I was saying before was, I don't mind this and actually like it whereas I can see why some would not be satisfied by it. However, up until the middle of ep. 30, SN did not know how much LGX cared for her. That aspect of understanding wasn't there, although, as ailinon pointed out, SN does understand LGX quite well in other aspects.
    - SN/LGX: after YWQ's ingenious trap, I'm taking the interpretation that the understanding between them had increased, and hence, that wordless hug that outwardly lacked passion but implied support/understanding.
    I see your point. The storyline actually has them at budding love stage. Unfortunately Wallace & LSS don't give out that couple vibe, so the storyline didn't tally with what is seen on screen.

It's hard to predict whether a couple will have chemistry or not. E.g. both LYF and HXM are very good-looking people, but put together, I didn't think they had spark even tho ROCH was ALL about them. Whereas for Wallace & Tong Liya, you must admit their scenes were limited but they absolutely sizzled!
    Last edited by munianci; 01-12-11 at 11:33 AM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/67e089c6jw6dd9qjnyb6sj.jpg')

But don't you think her hotheaded and spunky ways are what's most endearing about San Niang?

LGX will bog her down. SN's a spunky free spirit who'd be much happier with someone closer her age and without emotional baggage - like ZZ!! (see NuDaFu's influence here and everywhere!)

NuDaFu - I am positively dying to read your fanfic about OC-SN-ZZ love triangle!! C'mon, OC is Peter's Ou Chen right?
    Yes, I loved her spunky side, but she had to grow up ...hehehe. Ummmmmmm...If you are basing the relationship on age, I don't think ZZ would be that much different from LGX. ZZ seems to be pretty mature as well, so he wouldn't work with SN either. The only person from the series would be Xiaomei I think Xiaomei and SN have more chemistry with each other.....

Hmmmmmmmm....Peter Ho as the OC=other character??? I would prefer HXM or Wallace Chung to be the handsome villain(NuDaFu, if that's what you're going for, a villain to be the other character...and ZZ can also be another interest for SN, and of course LGX...I want to see him threaten to lose her ).

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...well I dont know, OC can mean anything! And that's the first that came to my mind..hehehe. About Peter Ho...whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Chinesechik

When I read fanfics I usually need an actor/actress to visualize as that character, so NuDaFu do you have an actor in mind?
    haha whatever

Hmmmmmmmm....Peter Ho as the OC=other character??? I would prefer HXM or Wallace Chung to be the handsome villain(NuDaFu, if that's what you're going for, a villain to be the other character...and ZZ can also be another interest for SN, and of course LGX...I want to see him threaten to lose her ).
    i think im gonna visualize wallace chung then

and NuDaFu, is GX going to be in your fanfic at all? or are GX/SN not going to be a pairing at all?

Tbh, I think Wallace has chemistry with almost everyone except for LSS.

In the fanfiction realm, OC refers to "original character", although I can't confirm 100% what NuDaFu was referring to.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Hmmmmmm...I dunno, I think it has a lot to do with the roles/characters they're portraying. Wallace seems to have a lot of chemistry with his other female co-stars because most of his series involved passion and kisses.
    I haven't seen much of Wallace's series, but didn't he have kissing scenes/romantic scenes with most of them? That's where most people's perception of having chemistry come from as I was observing other peoples opinions on who have chemistry with whom....for example:

-Him with Michelle Ye-the famous kiss when he was injured(tongue and all)-before that kiss, lots of people didn't think they had chemistry
    -Him with Tong Liya-majority of their scenes were love-dovey, holding hands, kissing, hugging, staring, and romantic scenery-how could they not have chemistry? I think any other actress could have taken that role and would still have chemistry with Wallace...
    -Him and Tang Yan-lots of kissing scenes and sorrowness, devotion of love from life after life....again the touching stories, love through thick and thin...
    -Him and Ruby-kissing?
    -Him and Zhang Meng-kissing?

I'm not very good with explaining so bare with me.....hehehe

Some people thought Hu Ge and Yang Mi had very good chemistry in Liao Zhai but not so much in CP3, reason being? They were passionately in love and had a kissing scene in Laio Zhai, but bicker most of the time in Cp3.

Some people thought LSS and Yuan Hong had very good chemistry in LOCH, and you wouldn't be able to tell in Tian Ya, why? Because in LOCH, they had passionate kisses and lovey-dovey scenes, whereas, Tian Ya-NONE.

I guess you know what I'm trying to say...hehehe. If the script calls for passion and romance, most often the actor/actress will considered to have chemistry...Again, it's just people's opinion in the above cases that I've read about long time ago..

I do agree that Wallace and LSS were lacking chemistry in the scenes they have(also, keep in mind their characters too-LGX is a cold hero and SN is a spunky heroine, given their personalities, the lovey-dovey mushy stuff is just not them), but could it be different(in terms of Wallace and LSS's chemistry) if they get the opportunity for the passionate moments and an actual kissing scenes together? Maybe or maybe not, we'll never know....ehheeh To me, they didn't get that opportunity, just think, they didn't get to hold hands until epi. 28...and poof! The series ended....hehehe
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-12-11 at 10:59 PM.

Yeah, the script does have a lot to do with it. But he and Zhang Meng didn't have any kissig scenes in Tang Lang. Their relationship pretty much consisted of her being jealous of his relationship with his former love and him joking around with her but looking out for her when she's in danger. Any hint that they like each other is based on implications. It's kind of implied that they get together in the epilogue, but it's not very romantic (although I like the way they handled it anways). She's still being jealous of Tang Lang's former love and he says something like "Don't worry, I care about you the most. Come on, kiss me." So she gives him a "fine" look and kisses him on the cheek. Then, he just says "Thank you. Let's go now," and they drive away. But they managed to have great chemistry nonetheless. I'd say other chemistry stand-outs are Lv Yi in Xin Yi Jian Mei and Sun Li in Emerald on the Roof. He's such a good actor.

Just a note that the plots, characters, romantic story, and background stories in Tang Lang had so much in common with the things in Strange Hero.

From what I saw of Wallace-LSS, I think their chemistry could have been shown much better with a kissing scene. From that hug, the look he gives her when he goes to rescue her, etc., I thought there was potential. And when asked him in an interview if he ever falls in love with his costars, he says it's his job to fall in love with them as soon as the camera starts rolling and he becomes his character. His acting is really brilliant.

(what a biased post from me. but spoken truthfully, I promise!)
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

I've randomly decided to make a list of similarities between Strange Hero and Detective Tang Lang. No particular reason. This post includes spoilers.

-Both LGX and Tang Lang are extremely smart, calm in situations, logical, understand other people's ways, mysterious, excel in inquiry skills, and have awesome fighting skills.
    -Both like solving their cases by setting traps or double-plans, with one being the apparent plan to fool the enemy and one being the true plan, which he sometimes doesn't even tell people who are helping him with the plan.
    -SN and Huang Que are bold, independent girls who make choices for themselves and grew up as orphans.
    -SN is an expert thief, lock-picker, and cartographer. Xiao 3 who is Tang Lang's second-in-command is reputed to be the best thief and lock-picker in Shanghai, and is awesome at drawing maps on hand.
    -YWQ loved RY first but she married LGX. Tang Lang loved Nuo Lan first, but after they seperated for an unknown reason, she married his best friend Xie Tian Hong (not knowing that he was Tang Lang's best friend). YWQ confronted them at the wedding, Tang Lang confronted them at the wedding. Neither achieved anything in doing so.
    -YWQ-LGX and TL-XTH were both very close to each other but had conflicts due to a girl.
    -LGX was part of Jin Yi Wei and was very close to his master. TL was once part of the Shanghai Bund police force. He was the favourite of the police force leader and set to be his successor.
    -LGX lost his position in Jin Yi Wei and YWQ took his master's position. After being framed for a crime, TL was fired from the police force even after things were cleared up because there was too much "scandal" surrounding his run from the law. XTH later became the leader of the police force.
    -Hai Rui and LGX's former Jin Yi Wei buddies tried to save him when he was caught and sentenced to death. When TL was framed and appeared in court, XTH (who was the judge in court at that time and had not yet taken their conflicts so far) put a gun on the bottom side of the table to let him escape.
    -LGX and TL both had to run from authorities after being used by YWQ/XTH in a case about gold (although they were used in different ways).
    -YWQ/XTH tries to kill LGX/TL on multiple occasions, but it only goes the other way around in the final conflict.
    -When SN and Huang Que are captured by YWQ and XTH, both insist that LGX and TL will not go to rescue them, but they turn up anyways. The aftermath is a hug.
    -TL+crew have a connection with Rong Tian, leader of Shanghai's black society, and Rong Tian is in love with Huang Que. LGX+crew have a connection with Bao Zi Bang's leader, but ZZ is unfortunately not in love with SN.
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 01-12-11 at 08:07 PM.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

^LOL!!!!! Interesting....wow you went to such great length for your dear Wallace...I applaud you

^LOL!!!!! Interesting....wow you went to such great length for your dear Wallace...I applaud you
    Lol, just putting it out there. *theatrical bow*
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Hoju, touche. Like I said to Liu Xiao Xiao, you express yourself perfectly fine.

SN & XM MV

That is a mighty fine MV you have put together munianci. Funny, emotional (in a heart-felt way), up-beat music...reminds me of how I feel when I eat tang yuan. I find exceptional MV's have great timing to maximise the effect of the message, namely this one. The MV clearly illustrates how in sync LSS & MTY is with each other too i.e. turning heads at the same moment.

Well done, municanci, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress
    And when asked him in an interview if he ever falls in love with his costars, he says it's his job to fall in love with them as soon as the camera starts rolling and he becomes his character.
    Hmm...sounds like a methodist. Which I like, but Wallace hasn't convinced me with that response to the interview. If he had've said it's his job to portray a loving relationship whenever the camera starts rolling, I'd give him that. His comment makes it sound like falling in love is an emotional device that one can switch on and off whenever is needed. Then again, he could be joking. Can't tell without hearing the inflections in his voice when he said this.

I found Wallace brilliant in Yan Zhi Xue, but haven't been enticed to watch any of his other serials.

THE FANFIC

My, what speculation I'm brewing...

To make it clear, 'OC' = Original Character. It was mere coincidence that it followed the discussion re: Summer Desire & Ou Chen, giving the impression I'd be writing anything regarding Ou Chen. I like Peter Ho in some series, but I actually didn't think he did all that well as Ou Chen.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525
    GX going to be in your fanfic at all? or are GX/SN not going to be a pairing at all?
    Maybe or maybe not. I don't want to turn it into a love fest with SN as the centerpiece...as entertaining as that would be . I just don't find that terribly convincing...no criticism intended for BBJX. I allow room for things to change while I write, except for the master plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao
    Yep, so do I to some extent. It's a mix of actor/actress visualization and musical inspiration. Many writers use music to inspire the situation and mood for a particular scene. I'm one of them. I can say that quite a few songs and music from Iljimae OST is working as my inspiration, the whole OST is on Youtube if anyone is interested.

While I plan out the master plot like a good general, scenes from the actual story play out in my head (in random order without any respect to timeline...utterly frustrating). Like an artist who paints/sculpts directly and effortlessly from a visualization. Which is why by now, I've already got 80% OC back story and a character death. I don't think Strange Hero tied their sub-plots to their overall plot that well...it's not an easy thing, but determined to do it with more consistency than Strange Hero.

Can confirm that I'm basing my characters like this:

LSS - SN (well of course!!!)
    MTY - XM (adoration factor has just hiked many points by direct influence from munianci's MV)
    SXY - CH (I can't think of anyone else)
    WH - LGX (can't decide what I'm doing with him because my main focus is on OC & ZZ at the moment)
    EY - ZZ (as if anyone could take the darling's place)

OC - Can't keep on calling him that. Name is Du Kai Sheng 杜凱生 (a somewhat scholarly name to match what is outer appearance looks like). How to describe him? He is the living embodiment of XM's mask changing impersonations. He is scarred in more ways than one, fluctuates from darkness to light, walking the awful path of redemption. SN proves his catalyst and constant (not that she particular notices ...she will in her own way from the influence of a sub-plot and personal observation/memory). Can anyone pick up I like development ? Oh, and his weapon's called 'Blood Wolf'.

Directly inspired by Iljimae's 'Flower Letter' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VweXdioMq4w

Mr Du plays a crucial role to the master plot and will be involved in some sub-plots.

For the SN-ZZ following (and to prove I am writing something without giving anything away):

SN: Am I a debt?
    ZZ: No, you are a promise.

Let that sink in while you listen to Iljimae's 'Sea Flower' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1YHTgg7rlc

Adieu!
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 01-13-11 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Lol, just putting it out there. *theatrical bow*

Dragon Heiress, I'm guessing you're a HUGE Wallace fan like me! Hehehe So I thought I'd share these with you. You've probably already seen them, but what the heck. Looking at him makes my day!huojianhoa.jpg