Page 48 of 84 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Yay, a fellow Merlin watcher! I will continue shipping ArMor no matter what the producers try to do to kill off the ArMor fanbase. Even if they become full siblings. They kept saying in season 2 that their relationship was that of a brother and sister (foreshadowing, I guess), but there's absolutely no way that their season 1 interactions are that of brother and sister. They're even more romantic than Long Kui and Long Yang. I also quite like Merlin-Morgana (LOL at how Arthur told him Morgana's out of his league), or most things Morgana-related for that matter. But after finishing season 3, it looks like she doesn't have many people to be shipped with anymore.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

I found a 4-part slideshow MV of cute scenes between SN and LGX. It's very nicely done, with awesome quality photos:
    http://www.56.com/p65/v_MTA0NDgxMzEw.html
    http://www.56.com/p88/v_MTA0NDg3NTgx.html
    http://www.56.com/p87/v_MTA0NTA2NDEy.html
    http://www.56.com/p68/v_MTA0NTI2MTkz.html
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

And I'm not sure if this photo has been posted before...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/29moaav.jpg')
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Now this is an AWESOME idea!!! I second that!
    Yeah, since everyone who sat through CP3 thinks Long Yang & Long Kui have romantic feelings for one another, why not let them realize their feelings for each other in their "next life" in the Ming Dynasty? (actually I thought the right pairings in CP3 should be HG-LSS & YH-YM).

Hmmm...imagine LGX scowl with jealousy at HG. Sweet revenge for ignoring her feelings throughout the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Yay, a fellow Merlin watcher! I will continue shipping ArMor no matter what the producers try to do to kill off the ArMor fanbase. Even if they become full siblings. They kept saying in season 2 that their relationship was that of a brother and sister (foreshadowing, I guess), but there's absolutely no way that their season 1 interactions are that of brother and sister. They're even more romantic than Long Kui and Long Yang. I also quite like Merlin-Morgana (LOL at how Arthur told him Morgana's out of his league), or most things Morgana-related for that matter. But after finishing season 3, it looks like she doesn't have many people to be shipped with anymore.
    haha i agree. i always thought there would be something going on between them season 1, but then gwen started talking more
    and yeah, lol. but i actually kinda liked the evil, scheming morgana.

Hmm...I don't really like Gwen. I probably would have liked her if she wasn't in ArMor's way, though.

HJH-LSS-HG would be such a gorgeous love triangle. But there's no way that superhot short skirt+boots kickass San Niang is the next life of Long Kui.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Hey Dragon Heiress, your favourite Wallace Huo will again play a LGX-like heroic good character in Ruby's Qing Shi Huang Fei. Real bummer that Karen stole Yuan Hong away from Qing Shi, but we have YAN KUAN as the hot villain entangled in a love triangle battle with Wallace for Ruby!!!

Qing Shi Huang Fei will have the hotter than hot love triangle we all soooo wanna see! DELICIOUS!!!!

But bummer for LSS fans like Xiao Xiao, NuDaFu, kengyew and munianci, bcos Ruby stole LSS' place in the red hot love triangle we have ALL been fantasizing about for her in this thread . Plus there's no Tong Liya to upstage Ruby in the love department.

Don't under-estimate the power of Ruby Lin over our men *jealous*.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-15-11 at 12:20 PM.

Ruby again? So unfair for poor LSS .

Well, LSS will get all the men's love in Bu Bu Jing Xin, and I do admit Kevin Cheng looks much better than expected in the bald Qing look. But seriously, men with Song dynasty hair still look hotter anytime.

OMG really? I wasn't really interested in the Qing Shi Huang Fei production, but now that Wallace is in it, I might just watch it. I find the rest of the cast a bit boring. His fan site says that he's going to be second male lead and will be spending 1 month on the set.
    Lol, it sounds more like a love dodecahedron than a love triangle.

But why couldn't Ruby have given him the evil role? He played the hero of the series 3 times in 2010...
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 01-15-11 at 12:38 PM.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    But why couldn't Ruby have given him the evil role? He played the hero of the series 3 times in 2010...
    I can't picture Wallace as a villain. Yan Kuan has been a villain several times. Also, Wallace doesn't have the villainous eyebrows that Yan Kuan has.

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    Ruby again? So unfair for poor LSS .

Well, LSS will get all the men's love in Bu Bu Jing Xin, and I do admit Kevin Cheng looks much better than expected in the bald Qing look. But seriously, men with Song dynasty hair still look hotter anytime.
    LOL! yeah, LSS will also have plenty of love this year, but I preferred her to be surrounded by the men in Qing Shi Huang Fe instead of the ones in Bu Bu...*sigh* but what can you do, Ruby's able to pick and choose who she wants in her collection but unforuntately LSS coudln't....hehehe

I must say, that production will be the proudction of the year with all those hot guys in there IF only Karen has listened to her fans for Bu Bu!!! LOL...

If you are interested, here's the hot love triangle story you had all yearned for LSS/SN but "stolen" by Ruby. I refrained from posting this in Qing Shi's thread for fear of being kicked out for providing so many spoilers.

click to show/hide spoilers
    FuYa/Ruby and QiYou/Yan Kuan.
    One interesting concept in this story is that our main Protagonist and Antagonist were a couple deeply in love. FuYa is almost always another characters' love or friend, whilst QiYou is everyone else's rival. You could almost imagine her situation as she is caught between the people she cares for and the person she loves, both sides battling to annihilate one another. Watching QiYou as he uses her to take out her friends, protecting him from them, even if it meant doing what she perceived to be wrong. FuYa is a compassionate, patient and forgiving person, except when it comes to QiYou. She admits that only he can entice her rage and manipulate her emotions. She was so completely in love with him, finding reasoning for his faults even protecting him from its consequences, but she was suffocating in the relationship, never sure if he is manipulating her again or what he is up to next. It is no wonder she ends up mad with rage at him, when he used her one time too many. FuYa and QiYou's relationship is as heartwrenching as it is heartwarming.

FuYa/Ruby and LianCheng/Wallace
    With LianCheng she finds herself in a more comfortable relationship. LianCheng is a DREAM of a guy, the perfect husband, FuYa describes him to be the type of guy women die for. Everything she ever wanted from QiYou, except for one problem, he wasn't QiYou and FuYa didn't love him. She found companionship with him, the type of lifestyle she wanted to live, she was happy, content, but not fulfilled. Just like QiYou's feelings towards LianSi, FuYa grew accustomed to him, and to her regret she admits it too was a habitual thing. Despite living the life she longed for, having a man totally devoted to her; all the time spent with LianCheng did not compare to the 7 days she spend with QiYou. She felt shame when QiYou found out she was bearing LianCheng's child, and hated herself for ending up in a situation where she desired QiYou but owed a responsibilty to LianCheng. Bearing LianCheng's child, she couldn't make the choice she wanted to make, despite longing to be with QiYou.

There's one hot actor whom we all forgot about in our active discussions about LSS/SN's love triangle - it's YAN KUAN!! In Qing Shi, Yan Kuan will play a Yelu Xie-like super-charming villain character...OOOHHH! The ideal third-party lover for LGX-SN!!!

I must say, that production will be the proudction of the year with all those hot guys in there IF only Karen has listened to her fans for Bu Bu!!! LOL...
    Looks like Karen had a lot of "competition" for hot guys...even nearly lost YH. But I think she did well with Nicky & Kevin who are A LOT better and HOTTER than FSF & Mickey.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-15-11 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    If you are interested, here's the hot love triangle story you had all yearned for LSS/SN but "stolen" by Ruby. I refrained from posting this in Qing Shi's thread for fear of being kicked out for providing so many spoilers.

One interesting concept in this story is that our main Protagonist and Antagonist were a couple deeply in love. FuYa is almost always another characters' love or friend, whilst QiYou is everyone else's rival. You could almost imagine her situation as she is caught between the people she cares for and the person she loves, both sides battling to annihilate one another. Watching QiYou as he uses her to take out her friends, protecting him from them, even if it meant doing what she perceived to be wrong. FuYa is a compassionate, patient and forgiving person, except when it comes to QiYou. She admits that only he can entice her rage and manipulate her emotions. She was so completely in love with him, finding reasoning for his faults even protecting him from its consequences, but she was suffocating in the relationship, never sure if he is manipulating her again or what he is up to next. It is no wonder she ends up mad with rage at him, when he used her one time too many. FuYa and QiYou's relationship is as heartwrenching as it is heartwarming.

With LianCheng she finds herself in a more comfortable relationship. LianCheng is a DREAM of a guy, the perfect husband, FuYa describes him to be the type of guy women die for. Everything she ever wanted from QiYou, except for one problem, he wasn't QiYou and FuYa didn't love him. She found companionship with him, the type of lifestyle she wanted to live, she was happy, content, but not fulfilled. Just like QiYou's feelings towards LianSi, FuYa grew accustomed to him, and to her regret she admits it too was a habitual thing. Despite living the life she longed for, having a man totally devoted to her; all the time spent with LianCheng did not compare to the 7 days she spend with QiYou. She felt shame when QiYou found out she was bearing LianCheng's child, and hated herself for ending up in a situation where she desired QiYou but owed a responsibilty to LianCheng. Bearing LianCheng's child, she couldn't make the choice she wanted to make, despite longing to be with QiYou.

There's one hot actor whom we all forgot about in our active discussions about LSS/SN's love triangle - it's YAN KUAN!! In Qing Shi, Yan Kuan will play a Yelu Xie-like super-charming villain character...OOOHHH! The ideal third-party lover for LGX-SN!!!

Looks like Karen had a lot of "competition" for hot guys...even nearly lost YH. But I think she did well with Nicky & Kevin who are A LOT better and HOTTER than FSF & Mickey.
    Hmmmmm.....hehehehe, Wallace's character sounds like a boring husband whereas, Yan Kuan's character is the boyfriend rebel, the more exciting one. Which one of the roles did YH give up?

I think Yan Kuan is good-looking, but for some reason can't find myself to really really like him...don't know why. Maybe after his bad-a$$ role in Ruby's series will change my mind.

IMO, I think Karen could have done better choosing 4th and 8th...despite that I do think Kevin looks good bald For sure, Ruby's men surpass Bu Bu's....

Dragon, loved that picture of LSS posted above. All the pictures I've seen of her at the mountain looked very peaceful and sexy at the same time.
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-15-11 at 01:36 PM.

Well, unfortunately Yan Kuan hasn't had a role that would make people sit up and take notice, though he has gained fame by appearing in some really popular series. Even Yuan Hong had Yelu Xie and Yang Kang (and to some extent, Hongli, which was a first male lead role), but poor Yan Kuan...nothing that memorable IMO plus he's never been male lead. So I'm really glad he's given a chance to shine in Qing Shi.

To give Karen credit, Nicky & Kevin's star power is greater than the men in Qing Shi. Kevin may not be as well known in Mainland but he's big in HK which is a much more international market. Wallace is the only one in Qing Shi considered a big star, but I still put his star power behind Nicky's.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-17-11 at 03:23 AM.

I mean, I did noticed Yan Kuan at first sight, but that's basically it...even his good looks didn't attract me for long....hehehe. That's probably it, his roles weren't memorable even though I thought he was a pretty good actor.

Yeah, I gather Nicky is probably more popular than anybody else in Bu Bu....but unfortunately I think he looked the worse as a baldie

I haven't gotten around to the Yan Kuan love either. Why could they just have gotten rid of Nicky and replaced him with Wallace??? Not that I want Wallace to go bald, but I'm sure he'd make so much better of a baldie than Nicky. And he and LSS could even get a proper kiss!
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Hey Dragon Heiress, you can't get rid of someone like Nicky - he's a HUGE star!! In fact, it's a compliment to Tangren for Nicky to act in their series!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-15-11 at 02:57 PM.

I can't picture Wallace as a villain. Yan Kuan has been a villain several times. Also, Wallace doesn't have the villainous eyebrows that Yan Kuan has.
    LOL "villainous eyebrows" that's kinda true though. i mean, i've never personally found yan kuan that hot, but who knows. maybe this series will change my mind

wow the plot seems really interesting! i feel bad for wallace's character though but i think he can totally carry the devoted doting husband role - he seems to be pretty good in it so far lol

and yeah, nicky and kevin are DEFINITELY hotter than FSF and mickey. ugh.

Hmmmmm.....hehehehe, Wallace's character sounds like a boring husband whereas, Yan Kuan's character is the boyfriend rebel, the more exciting one. Which one of the roles did YH give up?
    idk which one he gave up, but can't you just imagine YH as ruby's hot villainous boyfriend? it would've been amazing

Which one of the roles did YH give up?
    Not sure. But he was definitely cast in two roles (as he admitted in his official reply) - 1st role he had to give up when he accepted Bu Bu, 2nd role he gave up again bcos Karen was unable to free up his schedule. Strongly suspected to be QiYou and LianXi (who's the younger brother of LianCheng/Wallace) - both badass characters, plus Junping once likened QiYou to Yelu Xie. 2nd role he gave up suspected to be LianXi whose scenes appear in the 2nd half of Qing Shi - fans were hoping he could take LianXi after majority of his Bu Bu scenes finish filming. But looks like 13th Prince is a much bigger role in Bu Bu than anticipated.

But I do understand Karen's predicament as Nicky & Kevin are such big stars - won't be respectful to them if they have to wait around for YH, and already they had to wait 10 days for him to finish Ad World. YH did point these out in his reply.

I mean, I did noticed Yan Kuan at first sight, but that's basically it...even his good looks didn't attract me for long....hehehe. That's probably it, his roles weren't memorable even though I thought he was a pretty good actor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    idk which one he gave up, but can't you just imagine YH as ruby's hot villainous boyfriend? it would've been amazing
    Unfortunately even though Yan Kuan has played supporting villain roles in highly popular series, he didn't seem to have the charm and talent to make these roles memorable. A good actor would be able to do so - YH has more than proven this ability. It would have been SOOOOO COOL to see YH reprise his Yelu Xie role in a big way.

IMO, BIG RISK for Ruby to cast Yan Kuan as QiYou.

On the other hand, Wallace has lots of experience being the totally devoted boyfriend/husband. He was exactly that kind of character in his series (Sound of Colours) with Ruby.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-16-11 at 05:23 AM.

Hey Dragon Heiress, you can't get rid of someone like Nicky - he's a HUGE star!! In fact, it's a compliment to Tangren for Nicky to act in their series!
    I know, but... He just looks so awkward as a baldie. Oh well, I guess he pulls in viewers.

Just a random thing: do you guys remember that CP3 BTS video where Hu Ge has to carry around Yang Mi, LSS, and Wallace? I've realized that Wallace in Strange Hero has to carry people 4 times: SN twice, his master, and YWQ.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次