Page 49 of 84 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

But there's no way that superhot short skirt+boots kickass San Niang is the next life of Long Kui.
    No, but SN could be the re-incarnated of the red Kwai (Long Kui's demon side ). Wallace/Hu Ge/LSS love triangle...wonderful combination!! LOL

Ma Tianyu's Interview (coincidence, he's very good friends with Yang Mi also )

Wallace's Interview

So, I have a dumb question but refrained from asking for the longest time because, well I feel dumb for asking..hehehe. I kept hearing these words/phrase throughout series, it's what SN said when she first appeared-the part where LGX was holding the statue and it shows SN's face (her character introduction), she said something...what does it mean?

Dragon, you don't sound too thrill in finding out Wallace will be in Ruby's series? I thought you would be jumping for joy...hehehe . But don't think his character will be like LGX though, sounds like a weaker character than LGX.

Fans were pretty skeptical about the sequel, mainly because Tangren have so many project in line...they can't possibly fit this one in between. They've got like two movies and Tian Zihen to make right? And LSS stated she would like to take a break and go on vacation with her friends after Bu Bu....so dunno. I think she should just release the unit they took out from the series.....
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-16-11 at 02:33 PM.

Li Ge Xiao and San Niang MV

*credit to owner*
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-17-11 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    So, I have a dumb question but refrained from asking for the longest time because, well I feel dumb for asking..hehehe. I kept hearing these words/phrase throughout series, it's what SN said when she first appeared-the part where LGX was holding the statue and it shows SN's face (her character introduction), she said something...what does it mean?
    She says "what is the meaning of this?" because although SN has a reputation for being able to steal anything, she could never find that statue, so she wanted to know why LGX put it in the box of pearls.

Dragon, you don't sound too thrill in finding out Wallace will be in Ruby's series? I thought you would be jumping for joy...hehehe . But don't think his character will be like LGX though, sounds like a weaker character than LGX.
    Even with a face as handsome as his, I can't absolutely love every one of his roles (*cough* Love at First Fight *cough*) and Qin Shi Huang Fei doesn't really interest me too much. The plot doesn't really catch my eye and I find the cast kind of boring (except for Wallace, of course).
    Well, LGX is a pretty high standard.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

I think they have already launched the DVD:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3583/strangeherodvd.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Even with a face as handsome as his, I can't absolutely love every one of his roles (*cough* Love at First Fight *cough*) and Qin Shi Huang Fei doesn't really interest me too much. The plot doesn't really catch my eye and I find the cast kind of boring (except for Wallace, of course).
    To tell you the truth, I find Qing Shi's plot kinda cheesy. Now that YH is not going to be QiYou or even LianXi anymore, not sure how enticing Qing Shi's villains can be - and the whole point of Qing Shi is the angst over loving your enemy. Yan Kuan looks yummy but doesn't have YH's natural talent to be charming villain (e.g. Yan Kuan's villain act in Last Princess fell flat on its face - why do you think he never got meaty roles?). Don't know how much Wallace can make out of a lame hubby role.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-16-11 at 11:53 PM.

She says "what is the meaning of this?" because although SN has a reputation for being able to steal anything, she could never find that statue, so she wanted to know why LGX put it in the box of pearls.

Well, LGX is a pretty high standard.
    Ohh..thanks for explaining Dragon Heiress .

Mannnn....you sure are crazy about Wallace huh?..LOL. What did you do? Did you go back and watch all of his series? Yeah, I read "Love at First Fight" was his worse role, most of his fan hated his character...

Gosh, Wallace as Ruby's devoted husband? Hopefully it's not a weak character, so not like Wallace
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-17-11 at 05:18 AM.

Here's the extended version of the Premiere Conference in Shenzhen. This video also show them doing the paintings....plenty of Wallace for you Dragon

Gosh, Wallace as Ruby's devoted husband? Hopefully it's not a weak character, so not like Wallace
    I don't think he's going to be a weak character in Ruby's series. Also, don't think he's considered "second" male lead - from what I know, there are four male leads sharing equal billing in Qing Shi (like how 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th brothers in Young Warriors shared equal billing). For Dragon's benefit, here's the summary of Wallace's upcoming character, LianCheng:
    click to show/hide spoilers
    LianCheng - Handsome, intelligent, virtuous. He is the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Yu. FuYa's father had betrothed her to him when their kingdoms were forming an alliance, and he had been searching for her since she went missing after the rebellion in her Kingdom. He pledged to FuYa, if she would accept him, he vowed to restore her Kingdom. In an attempt to invade the Kingdom of Xia prematurely, his army was annihilated by QiYou's army, but FuYa secretly rescues him. After the defeat his King no longer sought an aggressive foreign policy, thus he usurped the throne, and became King of Xia. When FuYa left QiYou she returned to LianCheng, and his unwavering love for her finally touched her, and she married him.

But later LianCheng is accidentally killed by his own brother LianXi - maybe that's why Wallace only needs to film for 1 month as LianCheng dies relatively early.

Mannnn....you sure are crazy about Wallace huh?..LOL. What did you do? Did you go back and watch all of his series? Yeah, I read "Love at First Fight" was his worse role, most of his fan hated his character...
    Dragon, how was Detective Tang Lang? I see it at the DVD stores and I'm at two minds whether to buy it.

BTW Xiao Xiao, any news on when Strange Hero DVD will be released?

Wallace/Hu Ge/LSS love triangle...wonderful combination!! LOL
    I TOTALLY second this hot love triangle!!!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-17-11 at 11:36 AM.

No, but SN could be the re-incarnated of the red Kwai (Long Kui's demon side ). Wallace/Hu Ge/LSS love triangle...wonderful combination!! LOL
    I want to see this love triangle too!!! It's HIGH TIME to see Hu Ge and LSS paired up.

My flash has been PMSing this week, so I can't see the video yet. I'll try again in an hour though.

I didn't watch all of his series! I didn't even touch any of his Taiwan idol dramas except for the first episode of Love at Dolphin Bay, and I skipped most of his other modern dramas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I don't think he's going to be a weak character in Ruby's series. Also, don't think he's considered "second" male lead - from what I know, there are four male leads sharing equal billing in Qing Shi (like how 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th brothers in Young Warriors shared equal billing). For Dragon's benefit, here's the summary of Wallace's upcoming character, LianCheng:
    click to show/hide spoilers
    LianCheng - Handsome, intelligent, virtuous. He is the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Yu. FuYa's father had betrothed her to him when their kingdoms were forming an alliance, and he had been searching for her since she went missing after the rebellion in her Kingdom. He pledged to FuYa, if she would accept him, he vowed to restore her Kingdom. In an attempt to invade the Kingdom of Xia prematurely, his army was annihilated by QiYou's army, but FuYa secretly rescues him. After the defeat his King no longer sought an aggressive foreign policy, thus he usurped the throne, and became King of Xia. When FuYa left QiYou she returned to LianCheng, and his unwavering love for her finally touched her, and she married him.

But later LianCheng is accidentally killed by his own brother LianXi - maybe that's why Wallace only needs to film for 1 month as LianCheng dies relatively early.

Dragon, how was Detective Tang Lang? I see it at the DVD stores and I'm at two minds whether to buy it!!!
    Detective Tang Lang is absolutely amazing. I consider it my favourite series ever. The plot is really well done. There were so many stand-outs in the cast, including Wallace, Huo Si Yan, Yu Yi, whatever the name of the actor for Gu Shao Peng is, etc.

So after everything he does, he's killed because of a stupid brother?... I'll probably watch up to that part then.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Don't know how much Wallace can make out of a lame hubby role.
    It doesn't sound too bad, judging from your description. And even if it's not much, I'm sure he'll make the most out of it, considering how much he gives himself into his roles. When he does insanity, marijuana addiction, (and more recently) gay kiss, etc., you can tell he doesn't worry about looking stupid. He fakes insanity in one part of Tang Lang and I was like .
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 01-17-11 at 05:13 PM.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

I finally got round to watching the YouTube uploads after catching it on TV. Very enjoyable series with a more in-depth storyline than Iljimae, but Iljimae has more of the classic wuxia feel.

I think this production would have had much higher ratings if ALL the lead guys were hot. To have only one hot guy (Li Ge Xiao) is not enough. The Zhang Zhong guy you were all raving about doesn't appear enuf to make an impact.

Sorry, I'm very shallow. I'm the Young Warriors type who goes for series/movies with a plethora of hot guys, who cares about the story. That's why I'm super excited about Qing Shi!!

Quote Originally Posted by yangjia View Post
    I finally got round to watching the YouTube uploads after catching it on TV. Very enjoyable series with a more in-depth storyline than Iljimae, but Iljimae has more of the classic wuxia feel.
    Yeah, on second look, I agree Strange Hero has a better storyline. But I've always favoured Zhang Ji Zhong over Li Guo Li's style whom I feel is too pop-idolish, that's why Iljimae is more my type. Also, Zhang Ji Zhong makes his women look much more beautiful - e.g. Liu Shi Shi looked more beautiful in her one Zhang Ji Zhong appearance (Yellow Dress Maiden) than in any of her Li Guo Li roles.

Quote Originally Posted by yangjia View Post
    II think this production would have had much higher ratings if ALL the lead guys were hot. To have only one hot guy (Li Ge Xiao) is not enough. The Zhang Zhong guy you were all raving about doesn't appear enuf to make an impact.
    HEY! Xiaomei/Ma Tianyu is hot too!!

Latest news - Strange Hero has started showing on Guangzhou TV.
    http://roll.sohu.com/20110118/n302203964.shtml
    But there will be a two-week hiatus in between episodes bcos of Chinese New Year.

I also have a (very slight) preference of ZJZ to LGL, but I don't think LSS looks less beautiful in LGL productions. IMO, she looks most beautiful in Bai She Hou Zhuan and towards the end of Strange Hero.

I love how everyone's smiling at the Strange Hero event. Especially LSS and Wallace, who were smiling the entire time! LOL, they called her mei hua painting a subway. And Wallace's "car wheel" was deemed the best but that's because he totally cheated.
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 01-18-11 at 12:17 AM.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Just a random thing: do you guys remember that CP3 BTS video where Hu Ge has to carry around Yang Mi, LSS, and Wallace? I've realized that Wallace in Strange Hero has to carry people 4 times: SN twice, his master, and YWQ.
    Yup, this video was hilarious!

Article says Strange Hero is 3rd place in ratings after Foster Father (2nd) and Qi Pao (1st).
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2011-01-18/17513212470.shtml

此外,深圳卫视播出的新概念武侠剧《怪侠一枝梅》特立独行,成为收视黑马。霍建华、刘诗诗、马天宇、释延能 的怪侠四人组大受好评,赞誉不断。萧正楠饰演的应无求,也成为很受观众欢迎的角色,甚至有观众大胆设想萧正 楠的角色并没有死。
    Strange Hero is named the "dark horse" in ratings. Edwin Siu's character (Wu Qiu) was particularly well received by TV audiences, with some believing that his character didn't actually die.

Interestingly, in this ifensi article (http://tv.ifensi.com/article-353717.html), it seems that Ma Tianyu has to clear up hot rumours that he's Yang Mi's boyfriend. He's been hanging out so much with Yang Mi that people think they are lovers now .

He looks sooo cute here:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8994/matianyu.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-18-11 at 10:52 PM.

Strange Hero is named the "dark horse" in ratings. Edwin Siu's character (Wu Qiu) was particularly well received by TV audiences, with some believing that his character didn't actually die.
    ^I think this might have been on purpose, plus, Yan Song and his son are still alive at the end right? Just in case there's a sequel, they still have their ultimate villains coming back for revenge

Interestingly, in this ifensi article, it seems that Ma Tianyu has to clear up hot rumours that he's Yang Mi's boyfriend. He's been hanging out so much with Yang Mi that people think they are lovers now .
    Surprise there's no rumor about LSS and Ma Tianyu also...hehehe

LOL, they called her mei hua painting a subway. And Wallace's "car wheel" was deemed the best but that's because he totally cheated.
    I know! If the camera person didn't have the camera on him the whole time we wouldn't have seen that..LOL.

Funny, I thought MTY's picture was the best and I think he finished it before anybody else did. You can see him just standing there, waiting for everybody else to finish with the paintings...
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-18-11 at 12:52 PM.