Page 57 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1678

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    LSS shooting for Bu Bu Jing Xin in her modern attire, and her boyfriend was said to be Ma Tianyu!!! @马天宇 客串步步惊心 @刘诗诗 男友被街拍 步步现代戏杭州被街拍 #步步惊心#
    OH MY OH MY OH MY!!!! Bu Bu Jing Xin is looking better and BETTER to me!!!! It definitely has the BEST and HUNKIEST male cast among all the other series in production now!!

Tangren must have been influenced by reports of MTY and LSS looking like lovebirds during Strange Hero press conferences .

Wonder if Yu Zheng will also cast MTY and YM's bf in her next series after media reports (which MTY dismissed) of MTY & YM going together

Oh my god, MTY as LSS's modern boyfriend sounds amazing! LOL, I can totally see Yu Zheng going after Ma Tianyu for a role with Yang Mi now, just to compete.

I don't really have time right now, but I'm going to post some screencaps in this thread as well when I do.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I've been skimming a bit through this thread to get a feel for whether or not I should watch this series. I am actually hesitating a bit because I don't really like series where the female lead is always chasing after the male lead. Even if they end up together at the conclusion, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't like men who stay with women out of pity. Or worse, he stays with her because there is no one better around. I get the feeling that LSS and Wallace Huo's romance is that kind of romance in this series, so I don't know if I should watch it or not.
    You SHOULD watch this series! It's really the best series I've seen for a very long time!

The point of Strange Hero is really not love/romance, but the action, the wuxia and most of all, the meaning of honour.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

News Highlights: Ma Tianyu's popularity soars....
    http://yule.sohu.com/20110215/n279343641.shtml
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/25pmolh.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/11rzuqh.jpg')

Funny MV
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 02-15-11 at 12:53 AM.

While watching the series, I thought Chai Hu was def the odd man out. Though he was considered the "strength" of the bunch and had his own uses, but the chemistry/camaraderie between San Niang and Xiao Mei was more evident. Maybe because Chai Hu's character didn't seem particularly interested in forming really close bonds with anyone other than Li Ge Xiao.

Maybe it was because he wasn't beautiful to me like the others? LOL I don't know. I'm not that far along yet.
    I like me.

Maybe it was because he wasn't beautiful to me like the others?
    Maybe that's why Chai Hu's not included in the above picture with LGX, SN, XM?

I think you'll change your mind once you get further into the series. What episode are you at? You're watching this without English subs? I know that viki.net is subbing it, but they're only on episode 1.

That MV is adorable. Li Ge Xiao as Xi Yang Yang.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Maybe that's why Chai Hu's not included in the above picture with LGX, SN, XM?

I think you'll change your mind once you get further into the series. What episode are you at? You're watching this without English subs? I know that viki.net is subbing it, but they're only on episode 1.
    I'm watching it dubbed in my language. I'm at the arc where we meet his supposed daughter. We just found his wife but have not yet figured out the secret that the wife and daughter are hiding. I like him very much in this arc...he's so accommodating to the women he loves [wife and kid]. That guy has a terrible temper though.

Seems like everyone has their one tragic back story of some sort. I must admit, I cried after San Niang's arc.
    I like me.

Wow! It's already dubbed in your language? That was quick...

ByTimE, what language is yours dubbed in? The official DVDs only have Mandarin alone. I'm waiting for the Cantonese-dubbed version for my mother & grandma.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

I know it was really quick! But I think that they only have the first half dubbed and were waiting for the second half ahahaha! My language is Cambodian...needless to say I was shocked. My auntie and uncle usually get everything in Thai first before we get it lol.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I know it was really quick! But I think that they only have the first half dubbed and were waiting for the second half ahahaha! My language is Cambodian...needless to say I was shocked. My auntie and uncle usually get everything in Thai first before we get it lol.
    After watching the series in Chinese and you're used to their dubbed Chinese voices...doesn't it sound weird and awkward listening to their dubbed voices in your language?
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 02-16-11 at 05:50 PM.

lol yeah! hahaha Actually, the reason why I'd watch a series in my language is because then I don't have to concentrate on it 100% and still be able to catch what's going on. Sometimes, anyway lol. I'm always interested in watching any series in their original language to get the authentic "feel" of the series. I really want to watch [and understand] what's going on in this series, so I can not be bothered with waiting for vickii's subs lol.

Honestly, sometimes I'll watch the same series in both Chinese and Cambodia, esp if the series has not been fully dubbed. Sometimes, I mix them up and watch the Chinese one like I fully understand it...only to realize, "wait...that's not the Cambodian one" because I was too caught up in the actually characters and action in the series. Everyone in this series is quite animated...except for Wallace's Li Ge Xiao...he's a trickly one, really hard to get, so I must concentrate 110% in his screen time haha

Don't know how that's possible, but it's happened. Happened for "Strange Hero"
    I like me.

except for Wallace's Li Ge Xiao...he's a trickly one, really hard to get, so I must concentrate 110% in his screen time haha
    For sure Wallace did a great job with his LGX character (his best thus far... IMO).

It was worth it for Karen to wait on Wallace to accept this role. I've read that she actually waited a whole month for him to rest before filming this series
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 02-16-11 at 08:28 PM.

For sure Wallace did a great job with his LGX character (his best thus far... IMO).

It was worth it for Karen to wait on Wallace to accept this role. I've read that she actually waited a whole month for him to rest before filming this series
    Yeah, this is definitely Wallace's best role and he's the most suitable acting-wise and looks-wise. Don't think Hu Ge could've pulled it off.

Tangren seems really good at casting male characters. I can't think of any team of actors more suitable for Young Warriors (although I'd change the actress for Guan Hong).

I think when Karen's mind is set on a certain artiste for a role, she'd go all out to get him/her and wait. But if she finds someone else just as suitable, then she wouldn't wait around - e.g. Nicky for 4th Prince rather than waiting for Wallace Chung to finish his album commitments. I'm curious why she thinks YH is the only actor in the universe suitable as 13th Prince - can't wait to see Bu Bu Jing Xin!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 02-16-11 at 08:58 PM.

Tangren seems really good at casting male characters. I can't think of any team of actors more suitable for Young Warriors (although I'd change the actress for Guan Hong).
    Hmmmm....I will agree with all the actors for Young Warriors, but I think all the actresses (with the exception of 7th brother's girl) could be changed for the better

I'm curious why she thinks YH is the only actor in the universe suitable as 13th Prince
    This is my opinion- I don't think she waited for him because she think he's the most suitable, but more because he was announced he would star in it when she bought the copyright and Tong Hua adores YH. Also, Bu Bu is competing with Qing Shi, so why not refrain him from filming in that series right?

Wow...is the Cambodian-dubbed version an "official" version? In HK, the official DVDs are in Mandarin alone. But I'm seeing some Cantonese-dubbed episodes online as well.

Unfortunately when the Cantonese-dubbed option is available on the DVD, the price goes up to US$35 at the DVD stores. Even more expensive on YesAsia.

I'm always interested in watching any series in their original language to get the authentic "feel" of the series.
    To me, it really depends on the series/movie. I always thought the Cantonese-dubbed version of Disney's Mulan cartoon sounded 10000X better than the original version.

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    The point of Strange Hero is really not love/romance, but the action, the wuxia and most of all, the meaning of honour.
    I would disagree with Melanie's opinion that "there is no one better around". This story needed to show a great romance between LGX and his wife as his grief over her death is the driving force of the whole plot. You cannot have LGX move on so quickly without resolving the tragedy of his wife's death - I would totally dislike him if he did that. I think there was too much hype in all the online forums pre-broadcast over Wallace-LSS upcoming romance, that's why fans felt there wasn't enough for LSS.

It's the last 2 episodes that showed LGX slowly coming out of his shell to leave the past behind and love again, but they can't show him out of his shell completely (that would be out of character). Hence the open ending (see LSS interview in magazine article).

I'd be AWESOME for them to make a movie sequel. Looks like they are going strongly into movies after they wrap up with Bu Bu Jing Xin. If I'm not mistaken, so far only one TV series (Tian Zhi Hen) has been announced right? They are filming TWO movies this year - Zhuge Liang and Three Lives - with Hu Ge taking the lead.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 02-16-11 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Actually, it really depends on the series/movie. I always thought the Cantonese-dubbed version of Disney's Mulan cartoon sounded 10000X better than the original version.
    I would say it's the quality of the "dubber" and the difference between the original and dubbed language. Most actors for mainland series are actually dubbed by someone else anyways (either due to the way they speak or simply due to the quality their voice). But obviously, dubbing mandarin over mandarin is going to be a much easier task than dubbing cantonese, cambodian, english, etc and vice versa.

As for Mulan, I've only seen the English version so I can't comment.

I'd say it's the official version, but I'm guessing at this. There aren't many dub companies that do a good job in Cambodian because it's difficult to sync the sounds and gestures. This company is excellent and has been in the business for at least a decade if not two lol. Any expert, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I must say this: Triad movies sounds best in Cantonese IMHO lol.
    I like me.

I AGREE! haha, young warriors still remains one of my favorite series EVER. i totally bought it only for the hot guys on the cover (), but it turned out to be such a good series! it was a pleasant surprise
    but i actually liked the girl who played Guan Hong! what didn't people like about her?

Hmmmm....I will agree with all the actors for Young Warriors, but I think all the actresses (with the exception of 7th brother's girl) could be changed for the better
    hmmm...really? i thought the girls were pretty good, the mom especially. LSS was still a little wooden, but i thought she looked cute with peter. i really like 7th's girl, and 5th's was good too imo. HG's one was..eh. i thought her acting was okay, she just wasn't pretty enough. but anyway. i've gotten wayyyyyy off topic

I would disagree with Melanie's opinion that "there is no one better around". This story needed to show a great romance between LGX and his wife as his grief over her death is the driving force of the whole plot. You cannot have LGX move on so quickly without resolving the tragedy of his wife's death - I would totally dislike him if he did that. I think there was too much hype in all the online forums pre-broadcast over Wallace-LSS upcoming romance, that's why fans felt there wasn't enough for LSS.

It's the last 2 episodes that showed LGX slowly coming out of his shell to leave the past behind and love again, but they can't show him out of his shell completely (that would be out of character). Hence the open ending (see LSS interview in magazine article).
    xiaolong, you never fail to voice my opinions PERFECTLY.