Page 59 of 84 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1678

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

I love this series. Watched it during the Chinese New Year holidays. I love particularly the cartoons they put throughtout each chapter.

Don't think we've seen the picture of LSS and MTY below...heheh so funny
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/2qkulhu.jpg')

Love all the roles in Strange Hero:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6fe6b187jw6ddlaj0dr2kj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i agree. he looked his best in the wuxia and ancient series. the look suits him better imo. i think the reason you're losing interest in him as an actor is cause he doesn't do those roles anymore xiao xiao
    Not only that, I think its also because he's been working too much. He's losing his fresh face look. He starts tired, stressed, and a little too skinny in the facial area.

OK, I just watched through this series properly instead of skimming through the last time round. I must say the storyline was very well executed and Wallace did an excellent job, enough to get me addicted despite my fatigue at the over-saturation of Iljimae stories from Korea. LSS is improving significantly with each drama and I hope to see her even more inspired in Bu Bu Jing Xin.

However, I just think there's too much Iljimae series, movies, manga, anime etc everywhere.
    Last edited by aloysius; 02-25-11 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drgirleam View Post
    Not only that, I think its also because he's been working too much. He's losing his fresh face look. He starts tired, stressed, and a little too skinny in the facial area.
    yeah, that's definitely true too. he looks so haggard all the time!

Sorry to butt into the current topic :T I'm on episode 25 [maybe] of the series...and I must wonder how come Tong Li Ya's character is so unthoughtful towards her buddy Edwin Siu's character? Yeah he's a coward, but how many heroes like Wallace's character actually exist. Especially in their feudal society? Edwin's character was just a kind of socially awkward person. Hopefully, my impression of Tong Li Ya's character will improve later on. Edwin does despicable deeds but I kind of think his character transformation could have been prevented with a little bit more sympathy shown to him.
    Last edited by ByTmE; 02-27-11 at 07:20 PM.
    I like me.

WOW LSS is getting so much recognition these days. I wonder if her acting has improved? Such a pretty girl but I think her acting is limited from what I've seen thus far of her. Wallace Huo used to be really cute in my eyes but now, he's just ehhhh. I think his novelty wore off. His acting is solid though. Is this a worthwhile series to watch?

I finally finish this series. I wanted to take a break from Liu Shi shi for a bit since I've seen so many series back to back and I wanted something fresh. But how can I pass out on Wallace Huo , he is one of my bf lol. Anyways I really enjoy this seires, and all the characters. I really hope they do a sequel, I think there was so many things they can do. The love between LGX and SN felt more pitty, he just felt obligated because she did so much for him. In the sequel they should go into how they got their experties, like how SN became a great thief, how Mei Mei learn how to be the maste of disguise and medical skills, and so forth. I do hope they make a sequel and keep the main cast the same. =)

Well, I need a break from Iljimae rather than LSS! Compared to most, I'm not exactly keen on a sequel despite the fact that a lot of the characters' backgrounds are left hanging. True, it's an enjoyable series and Wallace's acting was superb, but it's still too predictable to me. All you need is to watch a few parts to know the whole story. But it could be because I know Iljimae too well.

I guess it blows away the younger crowd who aren't over-exposed to the Iljimae culture.

OK, sorry, I've been reading Bu Bu Jing Xin and the story quality is just incomparable, completely blows your mind! For Bu Bu Jing Xin, you cannot miss a single word or scene or else you'd miss out the core of the story. But I guess a book like Bu Bu Jing Xin comes only once a lifetime. I must give it to YH for getting Karen Tsoi to buy the copyright, given Tangren's tendency towards fluffy, rather mindless RPG or gongfu types. I can see why Karen needs YH around as LSS honestly needs all the help she can get. Sorry to say, but LSS doesn't come across as the type who'd read serious stuff or know much about Qing politics. Her choice of an Iljimae adaptation indicates she's more into manga.

(I mean Tangren even hired a famous Qing history scholar, Professor Dong Jianzhong from Renmin University, for Bu Bu Jing Xin's production, and borrowed authentic jewellery from private collectors - now that's really serious sh*t!).

OK, sorry for raving about Bu Bu on Strange Hero's thread. So back to Strange Hero - here's my view on IloveMimiLo's post:
    Don't think it's fair to say LGX went with SN out of "pity". It's more of a realisation that they are made for each other and time that he moves on. He knows that moving on is something his dead wife would have wanted for him (if she's looking down from the place where dead people go to). But yeah, their relationship may not be compelling enough for TV.
    Last edited by aloysius; 03-03-11 at 05:04 AM.

Heh lucky I don't know much about Iljimae culture, it could give me a different view of the series. I been watching a lot of mythical and palace drama, that made this series refreshing for me. I am sure it's not forever one but I would be happy if they did decide to make a sequel. For me I just felt that LGX had more of a friendship bond towards SN the same way he had for his two other buddies. LOL maybe this is why I want a sequel , show more romantic affection towards SN

Nice MV...thought I'd share

Heyy, Guys i made an account just so i could post here. =]
    I just finished the series yesterday and I was extremely impressed with how it incorprated the different aspects of romance, comedy, wuxia and the very cute comics.
    Seeing as an open ending, and I know people have been discussing about this, I was wondering if you guys had heard anything about the possiblity of a sequel??
    Last edited by MmmCookies; 03-06-11 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MmmCookies View Post
    Seeing as an open ending, and I know people have been discussing about this, I was wondering if you guys had heard anything about the possiblity of a sequel??
    Yes, Tangren has indicated they are considering a sequel, but it will be a movie rather than a series. They seem to be going strongly into movies as a future direction.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Yes, Tangren has indicated they are considering a sequel, but it will be a movie rather than a series. They seem to be going strongly into movies as a future direction.
    Thanks! Aww I was hoping for a series.. a movie would seem too rushed!
    but as long as they maintain the same main cast, I'll be entirely grateful!
    Last edited by MmmCookies; 03-08-11 at 08:52 PM.

LGX

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/1214528359_nPsaM-L.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    ^^ Don't think Hu Ge want to be in Tian Zhi Hen, he's done with game series I think
    I read that Karen has offered a role in Tian Zhi Hen to Hu Ge, but she's leaving it up to him - looks like he's pretty much on par with her in Tangren's management ranks, i.e. he can now choose not to be in a Tangren series, unlike poor LSS who had to take on BBJX (or YH when he was still contracted to Tangren) .

But Hu Ge has already said he won't take on any more "da xia" roles (which rules out all wuxia series and Tian Zhi Hen for that matter). So gals, zero hope that he will be in any love triangle with LGX-SN in the sequel .

Looks like He Xiaomei have grown up!!!

文凤:梅儿啊~俺和三娘@刘诗诗 一致觉得:这肌肉P得太过分了,
    还画阴影(阴影是三娘说的,欢迎来电痛骂~)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/29zre2w.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Looks like He Xiaomei have grown up!!!

文凤:梅儿啊~俺和三娘@刘诗诗 一致觉得:这肌肉P得太过分了,
    还画阴影(阴影是三娘说的,欢迎来电痛骂~)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/29zre2w.jpg')

that's Ma Tianyu! O.M.G. (yeah, that just made him a hellaofalot more attractive in my book )

I'm soooo in love with Tong li ya & Wallace in this series. I found their chemistry is superb! their subtle interactions are soooo romantic! plus they look sooo good together. i finally found this mv of them

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQ5MDgzNTUy.html

i really do hope they can paired up in another series together.