Page 62 of 84 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1678

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I didn't really care for Ruyi...I'm glad she died. Oops, sorry...but I thought she was sort of annoying and proud, recklessly stubborn, sometimes needlessly mean to her good buddy, needed to be rescued...and that's the impression that was left with me. I don't know why... I think Tong Liya is quite attractive but she just wasn't endearing in this role to me.
    She just doesn't really fit into this world. Yi Zhi Mei is about outlaws and chivalry... Dirty, grubby stuff. Ruyi looks like she should be a palace concubine or the wife of an official at the capital (which she was for a little while).

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post

Is it this?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/20sbtja.jpg')

Pipa , A plucked Chinese musical instrument with four strings. Sometimes called the Chinese lute. It has a pear-shaped wooden body.
    Not that one. It's smaller than a Pipa and has only a couple of strings.
    Thanks anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    No I dont want a clean shaven or tied up hair LGX! I love him just the way he is!! Heeee...
    Clean shaven is the mask... The dishevelled look shows what the man has become.

^^sorry xiaolong....too girly...hehehe

My favorite LGX look...sexxxxxxxyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! lol...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/29579e0.jpg')
    oh my god, that jawline! i love it
    i actually like the way LGX looked with the scruff, and thats saying something. i usually hate scruff on men. but i think it did wallace good

xiaolong, I think the picture you posted is from Rouge Snow, not Xin Yi Jian Mei (don't quote me on that). I think he looked a bit less girly in Xin Yi Jian Mei. I think that picture showing off Wallace's bone structure has been posted 50 times, and I'll admit that I don't mind it at all.

I also found Ru Yi to be annoying. And horrible to her friend. But I'll be blunt: I didn't even find her that good-looking. My first impression of her was that she looks like a fish, and I had a hard time dropping that impression when I was watching the series.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

OMG, Hi 5! Ruyi-haters of the world unite! (shielding myself from brickbats from Tong Liya fans)
    I hate Ruyi's guts. I think she's the real villain of the series. I actually felt real sorry for Wu Qiu and rejoiced when she died. I only regret I can't see her being steamed alive (oops!). It was also like that for me too about He Miao in Prince's Study. I hate her for life for ruining my precious Yuan Hong-Yang Mi coupling. And for this reason (same for Wallace & LSS), I'd rather see my beloved YH-YM couple in a new series rather than in some sequel as the same characters.

I guess I'm probably the only one who prefers Wallace in his min guo bowl hair in Xin Yi Jian Mei (though I didn't care for Rouge Snow).

See the cute cute bowl hair...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/r1eglx.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 05-24-11 at 10:26 PM.

Actually i like Wallace's looks both as LGX and ZSJ. As for Ruyi, haha.. I fast forwarded all the flashback parts when i was watching the show on youtube lol

About LGX'S instrument, i think it is smaller than a pipa too, but not too sure what is it

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Awwwwwww...don't you like his little boy hair & face in a hot min guo dress a la Xin Yi Jian Mei?

IMO the LGX long hair looks like a cocker spaniel's. Just my opinion. No offense.
    No i dont like him in rouge snow that look.. too white

Does anyone know if this is based on the Korean manhwa? Of the two recent Il Ji Mae kdrama series, one was based on the manhwa and one was not, so I was wondering if perhaps this one was?
    You can throw your rock and hide your hand, working in the dark against your fellow man, but as sure as God made black and white, what is done in the dark will be brought to the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Does anyone know if this is based on the Korean manhwa? Of the two recent Il Ji Mae kdrama series, one was based on the manhwa and one was not, so I was wondering if perhaps this one was?
    Can't help you there, mate.
    But I expect not. My sister-in-law tells me that traditional stories of Yi Zhi Mei is about one man. This version of Yi Zhi Mei is about 4 people.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j353/sujini22/19c3e8d24787077f06088bf2.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j353/sujini22/68ea63f07227d9bf7709d743.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j353/sujini22/9f37f12b2a5be6771f308994.gif')

Tons of Yan San Niang's gifs can be found here: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=109440339...AB%CA%AB&pn=90

Just started watching a bit of this on your YT channel, Xiao Long - thanks for the HD uploads!

Gotta say I'm loving the manga style inserts - they really jazz up the show and give it a modern edge. The numerous flashbacks are great too, since they give the viewer a chance to explore each character bit by bit, rather than understand their motivations all at once. It's also a great device for introducing plot twists, since the story isn't necessarily always in a straight line.

LSS is really great here - I confess it's the first drama I've seen of her, and since I really like her here, I'm rather relieved for BBJX. Also loving Wallace and the actor who played MeiMei. It's nice to see mainland China finally expanding their repetoire of characters by introducing someone so camp.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    LSS is really great here - I confess it's the first drama I've seen of her, and since I really like her here, I'm rather relieved for BBJX..
    LOL....it's probably a good thing that this is your first series you've seen her in. Don't look back...just keep moving forward I found this to be my favorite role of hers so far, hopefully she will do justice to the role of Ruo Xi as well

LOL....it's probably a good thing that this is your first series you've seen her in. Don't look back...just keep moving forward I found this to be my favorite role of hers so far, hopefully she will do justice to the role of Ruo Xi as well
    Haha actually this was also the first show I see LSS... u mean she was quite bad in previous roles?

Haha actually this was also the first show I see LSS... u mean she was quite bad in previous roles?
    Let's just say, she have improved a great deal with this series as compared to her previous series...hehehe

She was in Young Warriors of the Yang Clan and Legend of the Condor Heroes (LOCH) 2008. Her characters in those previous series were badly written even though those series were very enjoyable and successful. Yan San Niang is a very well written character and GXYZM had a great script (minus A Fish Called Ru Yi).

Frankly there's just so much any artiste can do if the character's script is so wrong (like Mu Nianci in LOCH2008).
    Last edited by xiaolong; 06-09-11 at 11:18 PM.

She was in Young Warriors of the Yang Clan and Legend of the Condor Heroes (LOCH) 2008. Her characters in those previous series were badly written even though those series were very enjoyable and successful. Yan San Niang is a very well written character and GXYZM had a great script (minus A Fish Called Ru Yi).

Frankly there's just so much any artiste can do if the character's script is so wrong (like Mu Nianci in LOCH2008).
    Good scripts are definitely essential. Not planning to watch the Condor Heroes anyway simply because I don't like Ariel Lin and it's my least favourite story of the trilogy.

I can't believe how incredibly beautiful LSS was as a princess in 天涯织女. Even her slight rabbit teeth only serves to emphasise her cuteness.

Btw. I know quite a few Chinese dramas are dubbed due to sound quality and whatevs, but are they done by the actors themselves, or do they hire out new voices? It's because I thiiiink LSS's voice sounds different in interviews compared to the various drama series. However, I am the girl who mistook a Scottish accent for American, so may be entirely wrong!

Haha, let me tell you a secret *looking around* This is the first LSS's series that I watched every single episode (minus those scenes of Ru Yi, even though I tried really hard but I just couldn't stand that annoying character ), despite the fact that I do love LSS very much Anyway, I've enjoyed every LSS's roles so far, except her first 2 series, Fei Hua Ru Die and Yue Ying Feng He, which I haven't watched yet Let's see, the first series I've seen her was CP3, I liked that character Long Kui very much b/c I think she was very brave for waiting for her brother in a very long time. But the series's storyline was kinda boring in the later episodes, so I think for the last 20 episodes, I just skipped through and watched only those scenes of LSS As for her acting skills, I would say she is improving by days. Yan Sang Niang was a very successful role. Ruo Xi will also be a very good role too since she worked very hard for this role

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    Good scripts are definitely essential. Not planning to watch the Condor Heroes anyway simply because I don't like Ariel Lin and it's my least favourite story of the trilogy.
    Haha probably I'm a loner here, I actually liked Mu Nianci in LOCH2008 jus b/c the love b/w her and Yang Kang seems so real. BTW, this is the most handsome Yang Kang ever I just did not like how the script made her too dependent on YK Overall, I enjoyed watching them.
    I did not watch the whole series, b/c I did not Huang Rong of this version at all, I like Zhou Xun's HR better. So... I just skipped through almost the whole series, except LSS's scenes.

Sorry guys...but I love Wallace in Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/i-KcQsmtG/0/S/i-KcQsmtG-S.gif')

Quote Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
    Why the apology? He was brilliant in Yi Zhi Mei. Essentially played 3 or 4 different personalities.

I want him to do it all over again in a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
    Yeah why sorry? I love him in yi zhi mei too, see my avartar! Haha...

I think LSS is completely different in Strange Hero than what she was in CP3. Strange Hero also made her famous. LSS (same as Hu Ge) signed up with Tang Ren, so she got more changes to be in good series.