Page 63 of 84 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1678

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

It's rather sad that there's not too many dramas of the same quality as Yi Zhi Mei out there. I find generally historical dramas are either too dry and political, or too mushy and romantic, with very little in terms of plot. Even if there's a plot, it generally centres around the women and their pettiness as opposed to something more important (namely the country and the people).

In this case, Yi Zhi Mei hosts individual cases which span a couple of episodes and can be considered self-contained. However, there are linking factors throughout, which relates to each character's past, especially the stuff about RuYi. There are hints of humanity and other mushy stuff, like between Wallace and LSS, but they arn't dominant, so are great tantalising sidedishes which does not overwhelm the whole thing. The flashbacks are also interesting devices to keep the viewers guessing, as the actions may not be as they seem...

So hope there'll be a sequel! In terms of the case/episode type plot, they can easily extend it like in Ji Xiao Lan. It would also be interesting to see if Wallace could truely commit to LSS after the demise of evil dude whose name currently escapes me, but barked like a lap dog and was dumbly loyal to RuYi even in death.

Also, gotta throw my two pence in and say the messy dishevelled Wallace is uber hot! It makes him seem so much more manly ^^

It's like the younger girls loving the pretty boy looks of Orlando Bloom as Legolas in LOTR, whilst the women swooned at the feet of Viggo as Aragon, who had messy hair and 5 o'clock shadow.

^^LOL...shimmerdreamz, did you go through this whole thread too????...hehehehe

Dragonheiress is going to scream at me if I post that picture of him again (that I found most sexy with the messy hair)... I'm the guilty one that posted it up like 10X I think ...hahaha

If not a sequel or a movie, at least release the missing 5 episodes would do
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 06-24-11 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    Also, gotta throw my two pence in and say the messy dishevelled Wallace is uber hot! It makes him seem so much more manly ^^

It's like the younger girls loving the pretty boy looks of Orlando Bloom as Legolas in LOTR, whilst the women swooned at the feet of Viggo as Aragon, who had messy hair and 5 o'clock shadow.
    I AGREE completely! haha, some people didnt seem to think so, but i absolutely loved wallace in yi zhi mei lol
    oh, and nice LOTR analogy although i was one of the ones who loved orlando bloom (aragon wasn't bad either though...)

Hmm I am not exactly young, and I love both Wallace's dirty hair in Yi zhi mei and Legolas in LOTR! Hee..

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    I AGREE completely! haha, some people didnt seem to think so, but i absolutely loved wallace in yi zhi mei lol
    oh, and nice LOTR analogy although i was one of the ones who loved orlando bloom (aragon wasn't bad either though...)
    OH we are same, haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    ^^LOL...shimmerdreamz, did you go through this whole thread too????...hehehehe

Dragonheiress is going to scream at me if I post that picture of him again (that I found most sexy with the messy hair)... I'm the guilty one that posted it up like 10X I think ...hahaha

If not a sequel or a movie, at least release the missing 5 episodes would do
    Naw, 'fraid not. Though if you tell me there are gems similar to FSF's moobs, I'd be very very tempted to go through the posts!

Please post sexy Wallace pic for the 11th time, with cherry and miniture Wallace cake statue thing on top!

There's 5 missing episodes floating around?!?! Why haven't someone leaked it yet? Possibility of jail time for robbing the studios should NOT be a deterrence to extending the exposure Wallace has in YZM by 5 entire episodes! *nods firmly*

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    I confess it's the first time I've seen Wallace on-screen. It's his expressions and those really brief smirks/smiles which caught me.

lol. the LOTR analogy pretty much applies as a guide to separate the girls from the women in my books. I absolutely looooved Legolas as a kid because of his pwetty hair. Ah, blonds are probably my Achilles heel.

Hmm I am not exactly young, and I love both Wallace's dirty hair in Yi zhi mei and Legolas in LOTR! Hee..
    The hair Wallace sported was quite delish! Not so much dirty as shaggy and unkempt. Perhaps the historical version of bed hair!

There's 5 missing episodes floating around?!?! Why haven't someone leaked it yet? Possibility of jail time for robbing the studios should NOT be a deterrence to extending the exposure Wallace has in YZM by 5 entire episodes! *nods firmly*
    It was actually about a missing case. I much rather they cut off the Ru Yi back story (which was sooo draggy) instead of those missing 5 episodes. I don't care two hoots about any love story here. It's all about Yi Zhi Mei camaraderie!!!
    Last edited by munianci; 06-26-11 at 08:17 AM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

I confess it's the first time I've seen Wallace on-screen. It's his expressions and those really brief smirks/smiles which caught me.

lol. the LOTR analogy pretty much applies as a guide to separate the girls from the women in my books. I absolutely looooved Legolas as a kid because of his pwetty hair. Ah, blonds are probably my Achilles heel.
    LOL. i just like orlando bloom's face in general , but i admit that he did make a very pretty blonde

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    It was actually about a missing case. I much rather they cut off the Ru Yi back story (which was sooo draggy) instead of those missing 5 episodes. I don't care two hoots about any love story here. It's all about Yi Zhi Mei camaraderie!!!
    I jumped the RuYi scenes on YouTube. Yes they somewhat explained the history and why dude with doggy tendancies (forgot his name lol) hated Wallace so much, but I'm really not a fan of Tong Liya in the first place.

LOL. i just like orlando bloom's face in general , but i admit that he did make a very pretty blonde
    I think he's more striking as a blond, with the hair pulled back to show off his high yummy cheekbones. Miranda Kerr is so lucky! In any case, I find Asian guys generally lack that clear cut razor sharp jawline and cheekbones combo, so Wallace H is a diamond! The other actor whom springs to mind with generally similar features is HXM.

I jumped the RuYi scenes on YouTube. Yes they somewhat explained the history and why dude with doggy tendancies (forgot his name lol) hated Wallace so much, but I'm really not a fan of Tong Liya in the first place.
    There's one thing I didn't understand about the script. I don't get why they needed to make Wuqiu a sympathetic kind of villain, like he originally wasn't bad but something (tragedy, rejection etc) made him go bad? I never liked that sort of storyline, like with Yang Kang in Tangren's LOCH08 version which became an ugly mess of confusion. I rather the villains are bad-a$$ from beginning to end, but with some redeeming qualities like the superb Ouyang Ke/Wanyan Honglie revisionist villains in LOCH08 and Yelu Xie (murderer of the Yangs) in Young Warriors of the Yang Clan 06. All were bad through and through but from the lens of a different world - like the popular adage, "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter." And why don't they just have snapshot flashbacks like what was done with the Korean version, rather than have some mini-series within a larger series which Ru Yi backstory turned out to be? I kinda lost track there. It doesn't help that I never felt anything for her either and I didn't get what LGX saw in her.

I think he's more striking as a blond, with the hair pulled back to show off his high yummy cheekbones. Miranda Kerr is so lucky! In any case, I find Asian guys generally lack that clear cut razor sharp jawline and cheekbones combo, so Wallace H is a diamond! The other actor whom springs to mind with generally similar features is HXM.
    Oh, I think Nic Tse definitely has that kind of razor sharp jawline + cheekbones, much more so than Wallace IMO. Yes, I do get what you gals see in Wallace H, but he's not my type as I don't like big eyes on my guys.

But I've become an idiot lately. I'm now following "bulgy-eyed goldfish" FSF all bcos of my FengMi obsession. So what do I know. Heh.
    Last edited by munianci; 06-26-11 at 09:56 PM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Naw, 'fraid not. Though if you tell me there are gems similar to FSF's moobs, I'd be very very tempted to go through the posts!
    LOL...nahhh. That is one rare gem that doesn't come around that often. I'm afraid nothing...NOTHING can top that!! LOL

*looks left, looks right* Here is the picture for the 11th time....shhhhhh...don't show dragonheiress okay?...hehehe
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/29579e0.jpg')

Isn't he just sexy in a dirty way???....LOL
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 06-27-11 at 01:27 AM.

okay, so we should probably stop fawning over orlando bloom in the strange hero thead, but i would just like to say that i conpletely agree
    and actually, i think HG in particular has fantastic bone structure - his cheekbones are amazing, and i dont think his jawline is bad either

Oh, I think Nic Tse definitely has that kind of razor sharp jawline + cheekbones, much more so than Wallace IMO. Yes, I do get what you gals see in Wallace H, but he's not my type as I don't like big eyes on my guys.
    but yes, nic i also agree, amazing bone structure

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    LOL...nahhh. That is one rare gem that doesn't come around that often. I'm afraid nothing...NOTHING can top that!! LOL

*looks left, looks right* Here is the picture for the 11th time....shhhhhh...don't show dragonheiress okay?...hehehe
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/29579e0.jpg')

Isn't he just sexy in a dirty way???....LOL
    Oooh, that one is absolutely sizzling! I might just burn myself on it, lol. I'm definitely a fan of Wallace with his hair down than up - the scruffy look suits him the best, plus his amazing detective skills and general smarts just propelled him to new heights of hotness in YZM.

There's one thing I didn't understand about the script. I don't get why they needed to make Wuqiu a sympathetic kind of villain, like he originally wasn't bad but something (tragedy, rejection etc) made him go bad? I never liked that sort of storyline, like with Yang Kang in Tangren's LOCH08 version which became an ugly mess of confusion. I rather the villains are bad-a$$ from beginning to end, but with some redeeming qualities like the superb Ouyang Ke/Wanyan Honglie revisionist villains in LOCH08 and Yelu Xie (murderer of the Yangs) in Young Warriors of the Yang Clan 06. All were bad through and through but from the lens of a different world - like the popular adage, "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter." And why don't they just have snapshot flashbacks like what was done with the Korean version, rather than have some mini-series within a larger series which Ru Yi backstory turned out to be? I kinda lost track there. It doesn't help that I never felt anything for her either and I didn't get what LGX saw in her.

But I've become an idiot lately. I'm now following "bulgy-eyed goldfish" FSF all bcos of my FengMi obsession. So what do I know. Heh.
    Good point, munianci! I generally find it hard to root for a villain when I can't get my teeth into their character and truly believe they are really that evil. In Wuqiu's case, I felt his character maintained that weakness/helplessness he displayed when he first met Wallace (ie. when he was a country bumpkin who got wee-ed on), yet that made him more eager to become cruel/harsh, like as some sort of compensation. In any case, his character didn't resonate with me because he didn't display one iota of his past compassion/softness and I don't believe that anyone can have a 180 degrees personality switch in the short span of 5 years to someone so extreme. He made a very flat villain, I fear, and the light shed on his past through those tedious flashbacks didn't give him much dimension.

Wallace has more slanty eyes than fish-esque! Proof is in the yummy photo Liu Xiao Xiao was kind enough to post up there ^^

As for FSF... neh, his face is too round for my liking. And his eyes are definitely the epitome of BULGY! If an artist needs inspiration for cartoon style eye bulging moments, his muse would be FSF

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/i-KcQsmtG/0/M/i-KcQsmtG-M.gif')

Quote Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/i-KcQsmtG/0/M/i-KcQsmtG-M.gif')
    LOL You really know how to make a girl swoon, ichiban!!! I've gotta say I'm loving the wind/hair action as well as the uniform too. Ah Wallace... you really should stay away from dramas that involves a top knot on your head.

I haven't been in this thread in a while, but OMG YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY posting that picture of Wallace again (not that I don't appreciate his beauty).
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I haven't been in this thread in a while, but OMG YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY posting that picture of Wallace again (not that I don't appreciate his beauty).
    Aw it was all for my sake, Dragon Heiress! I didn't want to miss out on that fine eye candy shot of Wallace below ^^

Also, it felt good to be reminded of his beauty, no? What's the use of burying that gorgeous pic deep within the threads when it should always be on the first page to remind us what fine cheekbones and hair Wallace had?

Aw it was all for my sake, Dragon Heiress! I didn't want to miss out on that fine eye candy shot of Wallace below ^^

Also, it felt good to be reminded of his beauty, no? What's the use of burying that gorgeous pic deep within the threads when it should always be on the first page to remind us what fine cheekbones and hair Wallace had?
    I must say I don't have enough of it either and so here is one more...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/i-TnxZV6k/0/M/i-TnxZV6k-M.gif')