Page 66 of 84 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1678

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

^ AWWW i love them

I love them, too!

A video made by a fan recently. It just nice to put all the key characters into one video. The song Qing Shan Yin (青衫隐) is nice and fits the video well.

Liu Shi Shi expressed that she would like to be in the seguel if there is one during an interview. The problem is when will there be a seguel? Also, could the producer get all four for the sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetofu View Post
    Liu Shi Shi expressed that she would like to be in the seguel if there is one during an interview. The problem is when will there be a seguel? Also, could the producer get all four for the sequel?
    I'm hopping for a sequel as well... been waiting for so long yet still have not heard anything about it...
    Wallace Huo's information site, forum and Facebook: www.wallacehuo.info

I came to love this drama a lot after watching it~! actually... this drama made me a Wallace fan... hahaha

My most favourite pic:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/i-mQdRgCx/0/X2/i-mQdRgCx-X2.png')

Man, when is Tang Ren going to film a sequel for Strange Hero? All I heard is news about CP4...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/i-2S7c4bG/0/XL/i-2S7c4bG-XL.gif')

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    Man, when is Tang Ren going to film a sequel for Strange Hero? All I heard is news about CP4...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/i-2S7c4bG/0/XL/i-2S7c4bG-XL.gif')
    i'm usually super against sequel, but please yes for sequel for strange hero maybe bc it doesn't fully focus on romancing of the main lead but about brotherhood, solving mysteries and saving helpless people. but i think i only want to see the sequel if they can get all 4 of the main cast back together. it won't be the same if wallace fell in love with some other girl, or one of the main cast can't make schedule.

My most favourite pic:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/i-mQdRgCx/0/X2/i-mQdRgCx-X2.png')
    i love their unspoken love and feelings for each other . like they don't need to say all the mushy words but know they will sacrifice one another to ensure the other party safety and how they always have so much faith in each other that no matter what the other person will pull through and save them. but i don't know if he loves his wife more or lss more ? but for sure that after what he went through with his wife he will ensure lss safety no matter what . also were they married by the end of the series or they were just together ?

@tobeme are you really from shenzen, china ? that's super cool ! always wanted to check out forbidden city have you been there ?

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty1986 View Post
    @tobeme are you really from shenzen, china ? that's super cool ! always wanted to check out forbidden city have you been there ?
    Yes, I have been there but a long time ago.

i love their unspoken love and feelings for each other . like they don't need to say all the mushy words but know they will sacrifice one another to ensure the other party safety and how they always have so much faith in each other that no matter what the other person will pull through and save them. but i don't know if he loves his wife more or lss more ? but for sure that after what he went through with his wife he will ensure lss safety no matter what . also were they married by the end of the series or they were just together ?
    Based on an interview Wallace mentioned that LGX should love his wife more. After all they had been through many things together.

LGX and LSS held hands together at the ending scene... I guess which means that LGX started to accept LSS at the end since he couldn't forget his wife.

The funny thing is Wallace did write part of the screen script for Strange Hero!

Yes, I have been there but a long time ago.
    how was it? i'm always so interested in the forbidden city. you can pm if needed since this thread is for strange hero. love all info you can share

Based on an interview Wallace mentioned that LGX should love his wife more. After all they had been through many things together.

LGX and LSS held hands together at the ending scene... I guess which means that LGX started to accept LSS at the end since he couldn't forget his wife.

The funny thing is Wallace did write part of the screen script for Strange Hero!
    wait i don't get it ? he accepted her since he couldn't forget his wife ? explain please . that's so sad lss and lgx went through many things together too . the ending part where they were standing on the city wall and he was drinking wine and she came to grab the bottle didn't she say something along the lines of "since you're my man i have to watch over you, bc who else would i watch over ?" doesn't that means they are married ?

wait i don't get it ? he accepted her since he couldn't forget his wife ? explain please . that's so sad lss and lgx went through many things together too . the ending part where they were standing on the city wall and he was drinking wine and she came to grab the bottle didn't she say something along the lines of "since you're my man i have to watch over you, bc who else would i watch over ?" doesn't that means they are married ?
    Li Ge Xiao and Yan Sanniang didn't get married in this drama. But it's true that they finally stayed together at the end after being through so much together. Particularly YSN didn't care about her own life to save LGX (the scene of YSN pushed LGX down to the river from the window in particular). At the beginning YSN had a feel toward LGX, but LGX just couldn't forget his wife and didn't accept her love. But LGX's master/teacher tried to fix them together. He asked YSN to watch over LGX.

Wallace mentioned that after CP3, Tang Ren went to see him a couple times. TR asked him to play LGX in Strange Hero. He accepted it because he felt that he couldn't refuse their invitation. At that time he wanted to take 1/2 year break after shooting for Tang Lang. He was extremely exhausted. In addition, Strange Hero was filmed in the Summer time with lots of action/fight scenes. When he received the script from Tang Ren, basically it was just a rough outline. He felt it was not convincing for LGX to jump into another relationship after his grip for his wife (his wife died in a very hard way for him). So Wallace started to write the script for LGX and it was accepted by the producer. In the opening it was 5 years after the death of his wife. Also, his love with YSN was developed slowly after many incidents. Their love is very convincing (to most viewers I presumed). I am no sure whether you noticed that LGX's eyes were always half closed. Wallace explained that because LGX had been in the DARK for a very long time (5 years), his eyes couldn't adopt to the bright sunshine anymore.

Li Ge Xiao and Yan Sanniang didn't get married in this drama. But it's true that they finally stayed together at the end after being through so much together. Particularly YSN didn't care about her own life to save LGX (the scene of YSN pushed LGX down to the river from the window in particular). At the beginning YSN had a feel toward LGX, but LGX just couldn't forget his wife and didn't accept her love. But LGX's master/teacher tried to fix them together. He asked YSN to watch over LGX.

Wallace mentioned that after CP3, Tang Ren went to see him a couple times. TR asked him to play LGX in Strange Hero. He accepted it because he felt that he couldn't refuse their invitation. At that time he wanted to take 1/2 year break after shooting for Tang Lang. He was extremely exhausted. In addition, Strange Hero was filmed in the Summer time with lots of action/fight scenes. When he received the script from Tang Ren, basically it was just a rough outline. He felt it was not convincing for LGX to jump into another relationship after his grip for his wife (his wife died in a very hard way for him). So Wallace started to write the script for LGX and it was accepted by the producer. In the opening it was 5 years after the death of his wife. Also, his love with YSN was developed slowly after many incidents. Their love is very convincing (to most viewers I presumed). I am no sure whether you noticed that LGX's eyes were always half closed. Wallace explained that because LGX had been in the DARK for a very long time (5 years), his eyes couldn't adopt to the bright sunshine anymore.
    so he stayed with yan sianniang bc he finally is accepting her love and he loves her too or was it one of those things like "i guess i'm ok with you being here ". that would be really sad because i thought he loves her also. the scene where he rescued her from that noble cricket gambling guy and she lifted and veil the looks on his face i thought mean "wow, you're so beautiful" and i thought he started noticing her as a girl at that point and not like one of the bros. and then when they went to sanniang home where he blocked the bullet for her (well, i'm sure he would have done it for the other 2 guys also) and the way she hugged him and he was reluctant at first to do the same but finally did . the fighting scenes when she's trying to escape and he blocked the sword with his bare hands for her and him telling her mom it's because she's his woman i thought he started to accept her then. and what was really convincing for me and sealed the deal was when he actually kneel and beg his evil buddy to let her go i thought he really came to term to accept that he loves her. it takes a lot for a man to kneel for a lady, but then when she hugged him good bye he looked so impartial. kind of confusing.

i don't know but i really liked the pairing so it would be sad to know if he just accepted her out of gratitude and not love. i mean it was sad that his wife sacrificed a lot for him , but no doubt that yanniang wouldn't do the same. actually she did. getting stabbed like that and pushing him down the river, we couldn't guarantee the guy wouldn't torture her to death. lol but it was funny that the she called the blind guy "one eye" lol.

i'm not too familiar with mainland production, but is tangren a big company or just a small production company ? but they house lss or hu ge and aren't those the bigger stars in china series industry ? and karen tsoi just looks very young.

Ok, finally dare to show my posting presence in this thread again. I did a 神龙见首不见尾 on this thread.

I promised a fanfic, but haven't gotten to it. Er, life happened and I'm not inclined into pressuring myself into anything these days . Honestly though, I was caught between obligation to a promise and not wanting to write it. It was too depressing - I mean, a main theme of the story. It's not uncommon for writers (even amateur ones!) to get drawn into the emotions of the plot or let the plot lead a life of it's own.

Wow, never knew Wallace wrote some of the script. Very generous of the producers.

I'm watching Strange Hero again to make me happy after the depressing/sad ending of BBJX. Some things I didn't pay attention to: there was uber smart use of frame pacing to create the speed of YSL's movements. I'd say they sped up frames/sec to create YSL's 'speediness' then slowed it back for normal shots. Camera angles done during fight scenes were also as excellent as the martial arts choreography.

I've gushed before, but I'd do it again re: YSL coolness. When she draws her weapon (very important part of executing a blade move, especially Iaido...think Rurouni Kenshin, Battousai), it's coolness x100. I can't remember anybody in martial films that does it better, and I've seen many in my lifetime . While watching the first episode, it struck me funny again how they had to literally 'catch/blackmail' YSL to 'invite' her.

"Mr Li"...awwwww

MTY cuteness.....I think I must've skipped the arc centred on Xiao Mei. It was really good. MTY is such an organic actor.

As to a sequel, there is so much potential. I felt so strongly that the hints during YSL arc paved the way for more. Her mother's "I married a bad man", no explanation as to why YSL was given away, no hint on identity of father...too much material to leave unquestioned I say.

Big leads Wallace and especially LSS deserve a really good rest at the moment though. With QSHF, BBJX, (I imagine XYJ) being hot picks this season, I can't imagine they'd agree to anything soon. Oh, LSS also has her modern flick too.

But yeah, if sequel doesn't have at least LSS and Wallace, me not watching.

of coz of coz, who will watch a sequence withouts wallace and lss?

so he stayed with yan sianniang bc he finally is accepting her love and he loves her too or was it one of those things like "i guess i'm ok with you being here ". that would be really sad because i thought he loves her also. the scene where he rescued her from that noble cricket gambling guy and she lifted and veil the looks on his face i thought mean "wow, you're so beautiful" and i thought he started noticing her as a girl at that point and not like one of the bros. and then when they went to sanniang home where he blocked the bullet for her (well, i'm sure he would have done it for the other 2 guys also) and the way she hugged him and he was reluctant at first to do the same but finally did . the fighting scenes when she's trying to escape and he blocked the sword with his bare hands for her and him telling her mom it's because she's his woman i thought he started to accept her then. and what was really convincing for me and sealed the deal was when he actually kneel and beg his evil buddy to let her go i thought he really came to term to accept that he loves her. it takes a lot for a man to kneel for a lady, but then when she hugged him good bye he looked so impartial. kind of confusing.

i don't know but i really liked the pairing so it would be sad to know if he just accepted her out of gratitude and not love. i mean it was sad that his wife sacrificed a lot for him , but no doubt that yanniang wouldn't do the same. actually she did. getting stabbed like that and pushing him down the river, we couldn't guarantee the guy wouldn't torture her to death. lol but it was funny that the she called the blind guy "one eye" lol.
    Nope, I don't think he finally felt for YSN out of sympathy or gratitude, but for true love. LGX is a man who is only truthful to one woman at a time. His love toward his wife was too deep and painful, and it wasn't easy for him to accept another woman that easily. After his wife died, he hided himself away and spent his life in underground boxing. Besides, YSN wasn't someone who would fell in love with a man at first sight after what she had been through when she was a little kid. She was dumped by her parents and wasn't accepted by her teacher. She was a tough girl. I think the two started to feel for each other after they got to know each other more. But the difference is YSN didn't have a past love history. She's just liked a pain sheet of paper who felt for a man at the first time. She could easily open up all her heart for LGX. But LGX was married and his wife died the hard way. It wouldn't be fair to YSN to staying with her when his heart was still with his beloved late wife at the beginning. But as times past and all the events took place, he started to realize how much YSN did care about him. At the same time he was starting to realize how much he had cared about YSN. The plots that LGX blocked the bullet for YSN, YSM risked her life to save LGX by pushing him down the river and LGX risked his life to save her from prison are highlights to show their cares. I think LGX's love toward YSN was developed in a slower pace whilst YSN's love toward LGX was more transparent from the beginning. they have different pasts and different characteristics, it took times for the two to reconcile. I believe those hugs and embraces didn't mean they were love birds. But when they held hands toward the end (at the plum blossom garden) that really was a milestone they were now in a serious relationship (very Chinese way indeed). That's why I don't think they were married in this drama, but in a serious relationship at the end.
    Last edited by tobeme; 10-10-11 at 08:20 AM.