Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1678

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty1986 View Post
    i'm not too familiar with mainland production, but is tangren a big company or just a small production company ? but they house lss or hu ge and aren't those the bigger stars in china series industry ? and karen tsoi just looks very young.
    I am not familiar with Tangren either. I believe they are new kids on the block?

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    I am not familiar with Tangren either. I believe they are new kids on the block?
    Tangren has been producing TV series since the 1990s. But it was always for Taiwan's CTV. In the early days, Tangren comprised Li Guo Li and friends (I suppose) and Karen Cai came later. Both Li Guo Li and Karen Cai were from HK's TVB. Tangren made their first debut in Mainland China with Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 (LOCH08) on a new provincial channel, Kunming TV ("new" at that time). LSS was so young at that time, certainly without the maturity that she has now, but she had that lovely childishness, innocence and youthful air that was very endearing. Although everyone wants her to be all grown up and really mature now, I heart that childlike innocence about her at that time.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 10-10-11 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Tangren has been producing TV series since the 1990s. But it was always for Taiwan's CTV. In the early days, Tangren comprised Li Guo Li and friends (I suppose) and Karen Cai came later. Both Li Guo Li and Karen Cai were from HK's TVB. Tangren made their first debut in Mainland China with Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 (LOCH08) on a new provincial channel, Kunming TV ("new" at that time). LSS was so young at that time, certainly without the maturity that she has now, but she had that lovely childishness and youthful air that was very endearing.
    Wow... I didn't know know they have a long history. I guess they are new kids on the block only for the China market?

Wow... I didn't know know they have a long history. I guess they are new kids on the block only for the China market?
    Tangren became super successful in the China market with CP1 in 2005 which debuted on Taiwan's CTV and was successfully sold to Mainland China. Young Warriors of the Yang Clan (2006) received v.good critical reviews, but I don't think it was that popular nor sold to Mainland China. LOCH08 is their first debut on a Mainland China TV channel (albeit a provincial one). But what turned them around was the super success of CP3 which, though debuted on a provincial channel (Jiaxing), was sold to the powerful Jiangsu TV station and garnered high ratings. Strange Hero marked the first time a Tangren series debuted on one of the Top 6 TV Stations (CCTV, Hunan TV, Dragon TV, Jiangsu TV, Southeast TV, can't remember the 6th one...I think it's Zhejiang?). And of course, BBJX debuted on Hunan TV, the most profitable Mainland Chinese TV station.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 10-10-11 at 08:53 AM.

wow.... thx so much for the information guys... didn't know Wallace wrote part of the script too...
    I agree with him, it would be so weird if LGX jumped on oanother realtionship right away... I really like the ending, This is one of the best drama I watched so far
    Sequel! Sequel! I want sequel with all these same actors and actress!!

Tangren became super successful in the China market with CP1 in 2005 which debuted on Taiwan's CTV and was successfully sold to Mainland China. Young Warriors of the Yang Clan (2006) received v.good critical reviews, but I don't think it was that popular nor sold to Mainland China. LOCH08 is their first debut on a Mainland China TV channel (albeit a provincial one). But what turned them around was the super success of CP3 which, though debuted on a provincial channel (Jiaxing), was sold to the powerful Jiangsu TV station and garnered high ratings. Strange Hero marked the first time a Tangren series debuted on one of the Top 6 TV Stations (CCTV, Hunan TV, Dragon TV, Jiangsu TV, Southeast TV, can't remember the 6th one...I think it's Zhejiang?). And of course, BBJX debuted on Hunan TV, the most profitable Mainland Chinese TV station.
    I believe the 6th one happened to be Shenzhen TV? Shenzhen TV received the 6th highest rating in China when Strange Hero was aired and that made them very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Ok, finally dare to show my posting presence in this thread again. I did a 神龙见首不见尾 on this thread.
    Haha, 神龙见首不见尾 is a good phase for silence viewer. I'd been 神龙见首不见尾 for a long while as well but decided to leave comments (although many are just mumbling) to "support" the threads I like, hehe.

Nope, I don't think he finally felt for YSN out of sympathy or gratitude, but for true love. LGX is a man who is only truthful to one woman at a time. His love toward his wife was too deep and painful, and it wasn't easy for him to accept another woman that easily. After his wife died, he hided himself away and spent his life in underground boxing. Besides, YSN wasn't someone who would fell in love with a man at first sight after what she had been through when she was a little kid. She was dumped by her parents and wasn't accepted by her teacher. She was a tough girl. I think the two started to feel for each other after they got to know each other more. But the difference is YSN didn't have a past love history. She's just liked a pain sheet of paper who felt for a man at the first time. She could easily open up all her heart for LGX. But LGX was married and his wife died the hard way. It wouldn't be fair to YSN to staying with her when his heart was still with his beloved late wife at the beginning. But as times past and all the events took place, he started to realize how much YSN did care about him. At the same time he was starting to realize how much he had cared about YSN. The plots that LGX blocked the bullet for YSN, YSM risked her life to save LGX by pushing him down the river and LGX risked his life to save her from prison are highlights to show their cares. I think LGX's love toward YSN was developed in a slower pace whilst YSN's love toward LGX was more transparent from the beginning. they have different pasts and different characteristics, it took times for the two to reconcile. I believe those hugs and embraces didn't mean they were love birds. But when they held hands toward the end (at the plum blossom garden) that really was a milestone they were now in a serious relationship (very Chinese way indeed). That's why I don't think they were married in this drama, but in a serious relationship at the end.
    very thorough explanation. i'm heading towards your route anyways. but i thought when she was mad and he grabbed her hand and said he won't make her mad anymore and how she demanded from now on he has to tell her and let her be parts of the plan and how he told her it's time to go home marked the milestones of their relationship and the plum blossom scene was the seal of the deal. although, it was sad that's the place where he had the previous memories with his wife. but i guess you get up where you fall .

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    of coz of coz, who will watch a sequence withouts wallace and lss?
    nope i wouldn't. would be too weird if they took them out. i don't know if i'll watch it without the other 2 either. their 4 way relationship was just too good.

Tangren has been producing TV series since the 1990s. But it was always for Taiwan's CTV. In the early days, Tangren comprised Li Guo Li and friends (I suppose) and Karen Cai came later. Both Li Guo Li and Karen Cai were from HK's TVB. Tangren made their first debut in Mainland China with Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 (LOCH08) on a new provincial channel, Kunming TV ("new" at that time). LSS was so young at that time, certainly without the maturity that she has now, but she had that lovely childishness, innocence and youthful air that was very endearing. Although everyone wants her to be all grown up and really mature now, I heart that childlike innocence about her at that time.
    so how old is karen cai ? she looks pretty young maybe in her 30s. did she produce drama with tvb or was she one of the behind the scene staff , bc i've been following tvb for a long time and never really noticed her .

Quote Originally Posted by JunesRain View Post
    wow.... thx so much for the information guys... didn't know Wallace wrote part of the script too...
    I agree with him, it would be so weird if LGX jumped on oanother realtionship right away... I really like the ending, This is one of the best drama I watched so far
    Sequel! Sequel! I want sequel with all these same actors and actress!!
    agree. it'll be too weird to have new casts in second season bc that's not the cast the audience fell in love with. i love how majority of j drama find their old cast for 2nd or 3rd installment.

I believe the 6th one happened to be Shenzhen TV? Shenzhen TV received the 6th highest rating in China when Strange Hero was aired and that made them very happy.
    so how does this all work ? do the station by the right to show the drama and the production company just make $ off that way, or do the production company pay for the airtime and get paid with whatever advertiser decide to advertise during that time slot? bc here in the us, advertiser pay a pretty penny to advertise during super bowl sunday where 30 secs can go up to millions.

very thorough explanation. i'm heading towards your route anyways. but i thought when she was mad and he grabbed her hand and said he won't make her mad anymore and how she demanded from now on he has to tell her and let her be parts of the plan and how he told her it's time to go home marked the milestones of their relationship and the plum blossom scene was the seal of the deal. although, it was sad that's the place where he had the previous memories with his wife. but i guess you get up where you fall .
    I love your thought on where the milestones took place. Yes, I agreed it took place when Wallace promised that he would involve her in all his plans and they sealed the deal in the plum blossom garden. I think the whole love affair was laying out beautifully as there was a strong bonding between them when the "deal was sealed".

so how does this all work ? do the station by the right to show the drama and the production company just make $ off that way, or do the production company pay for the airtime and get paid with whatever advertiser decide to advertise during that time slot? bc here in the us, advertiser pay a pretty penny to advertise during super bowl sunday where 30 secs can go up to millions.
    I'm not quite familiar with how commercials are paid here. But I guess the price goes up when rating goes up. I read from Ruby's weibo because QSHF is hot in China, her investment got paid off within 1 week. I think the producers share some profits from the TV stations.

Haha, 神龙见首不见尾 is a good phase for silence viewer. I'd been 神龙见首不见尾 for a long while as well but decided to leave comments (although many are just mumbling) to "support" the threads I like, hehe.
    Hehehe...I'm using the phrase to point out that I just 'disappeared suddenly, completely' . I actually was quite actively participating in this thread leading up to and during the broadcasting of Strange Hero. I think xiaolong and Dragon Heiress (if she still hangs around this thread) can probably attest to that.

Ironically, 神龙见首不见尾 is how they describe YSL...although, I claim that characteristic way before I watched Strange Hero .

I just realised, while explaining to my mother re: YSL (because I'm trying to get her interested in Strange Hero, seeing she liked Korea's Yi Zhi Mei), that YSL behaviour can be seen as a type of rebellion against her mother. Being leader of the E Mei sect, a righteous sect, to have a daughter of the leader be a petty criminal would be the greatest affront. Of course, no one knows the real relationship, but I imagine it must've majorly annoyed mommy to hear of YSL's antics. In a way, it was self destructive but moulded her into an individual of very finely honed capabilities. What doesn't destroy you makes you stronger.

What I like about LGX's behaviour and development re: YSL is that he learns to change. As much as he loved his wife, I still felt at some level, he believed strongly that in certain situations, he knew better. You see YSL really trying to challenge that. She doesn't think she's better than him, but blatantly reminds him that he needs to include them as a show of trust, that asking for help is a sign of respect for others.

Generally, after my recent re-watch - kudos to Wallace if this is what he helped inject into the plot - that Strange Hero deals with the concept of a 'Wuxia/Hero' in a very serious and dedicated manner. It's dealt with in all its different forms from the different personalities and actions of the gang. I really, really appreciate that.

hellokitty1986, tobeme, ditto to all said . May I add, that it was significant at the end that LGX initiated hand holding. YSL is not the most patient of people, yet she was patient about her relationship with LGX (well, as best as she could). Loved her digging right after LGX saves her,

YSL: "Do have anything to say to me?" (hint, hint, HINT!!!).
    LGX: No.

Significant also because all other gestures were platonic responses, play-acting to succeed in a scheme (YSL as a bride), or managing exploding warehouses.

Hehehe...I'm using the phrase to point out that I just 'disappeared suddenly, completely' . I actually was quite actively participating in this thread leading up to and during the broadcasting of Strange Hero. I think xiaolong and Dragon Heiress (if she still hangs around this thread) can probably attest to that.

Ironically, 神龙见首不见尾 is how they describe YSL...although, I claim that characteristic way before I watched Strange Hero .

I just realised, while explaining to my mother re: YSL (because I'm trying to get her interested in Strange Hero, seeing she liked Korea's Yi Zhi Mei), that YSL behaviour can be seen as a type of rebellion against her mother. Being leader of the E Mei sect, a righteous sect, to have a daughter of the leader be a petty criminal would be the greatest affront. Of course, no one knows the real relationship, but I imagine it must've majorly annoyed mommy to hear of YSL's antics. In a way, it was self destructive but moulded her into an individual of very finely honed capabilities. What doesn't destroy you makes you stronger.

What I like about LGX's behaviour and development re: YSL is that he learns to change. As much as he loved his wife, I still felt at some level, he believed strongly that in certain situations, he knew better. You see YSL really trying to challenge that. She doesn't think she's better than him, but blatantly reminds him that he needs to include them as a show of trust, that asking for help is a sign of respect for others.

Generally, after my recent re-watch - kudos to Wallace if this is what he helped inject into the plot - that Strange Hero deals with the concept of a 'Wuxia/Hero' in a very serious and dedicated manner. It's dealt with in all its different forms from the different personalities and actions of the gang. I really, really appreciate that.

hellokitty1986, tobeme, ditto to all said . May I add, that it was significant at the end that LGX initiated hand holding. YSL is not the most patient of people, yet she was patient about her relationship with LGX (well, as best as she could). Loved her digging right after LGX saves her,

YSL: "Do have anything to say to me?" (hint, hint, HINT!!!).
    LGX: No.

Significant also because all other gestures were platonic responses, play-acting to succeed in a scheme (YSL as a bride), or managing exploding warehouses.
    Good spotting, NuDaFu! Yes, it's Li Ge Xiao who initiated to hold Yan San Niang's hand. I guess I previously used the word "accept" incorrectly. Actually at the end it isn't about LGX started to accept YSN, but to open up his heart to her. Which meant he could put his feeling about his wife behind him and start a new love life. YSN gave him many hints before, I think he realized her love but uncertain whether he could put his pass behind him.

YSN is a strong girl. She left E Mei Shan (峨眉山) and started a new life all by herself. Her Kungfu was getting even better after she left E Mei. Yes, she isn't a patient girl. When LGX gave her the Buddha Jade to lure her to help him, she threw it away and smashed it. The funny thing is her character got softer when she put on the wedding grown. I guess all girls do? Haha.

Good spotting, NuDaFu! Yes, it's Li Ge Xiao who initiated to hold Yan San Niang's hand. I guess I previously used the word "accept" incorrectly. Actually at the end it isn't about LGX started to accept YSN, but to open up his heart to her. Which meant he could put his feeling about his wife behind him and start a new love life. YSN gave him many hints before, I think he realized her love but uncertain whether he could put his pass behind him.
    Certainly that too. But I think his comment to the official (forgot his name) while they were in the carriage, that he had to work out if he had space in his heart to allow another in, hints (to me at least), that he wanted to allow the feelings for both his wife and YSL to co-exist in his mind. That his wife and related memories were certainly not 'water under the bridge for him'. In a way, I think that is possible. Not about loving 2 women at once, but taking his experiences from his wife and allowing them change and shape him, to love perhaps in a different, and hopefully better/wiser way than before.

YSN is a strong girl. She left E Mei Shan (峨眉山) and started a new life all by herself. Her Kungfu was getting even better after she left E Mei. Yes, she isn't a patient girl. When LGX gave her the Buddha Jade to lure her to help him, she threw it away and smashed it. The funny thing is her character got softer when she put on the wedding grown. I guess all girls do? Haha.
    It didn't make her growl less. She was so funny in those scenes! I wanted to see her bonk LGX on the head though . I just finished watching the E Mei arc again, and noted when they escaped, the eldest disciple stated quite explicitly that YSL was leagues ahead of the rest of the disciples now. Although mommy looked miffed at their escape, I think somewhere deep down, there has to be great pride in knowing that (well, she said it later on during their reunion). It's so rare for one strong talent to be succeeded by another equally or more talented offspring. I know I'd be proud if I were the mommy.

I'm quite surprised though...impatience is usually a huge bane of Wuxia existence and training. It doesn't limit YSL too much though, guess her range of natural talent balances everything out.

Just got to the part where Chai Hu and YSL seek protection in that creepy temple. I couldn't help laughing and re-playing the scene where it looks like the monk is checking her out and Chai Hu gets all protective. YSL: "He looked at you first then he looked at me" (that means, he couldn't possibly be interested in me as a woman...).

so he stayed with yan sianniang bc he finally is accepting her love and he loves her too or was it one of those things like "i guess i'm ok with you being here ". that would be really sad because i thought he loves her also. the scene where he rescued her from that noble cricket gambling guy and she lifted and veil the looks on his face i thought mean "wow, you're so beautiful" and i thought he started noticing her as a girl at that point and not like one of the bros. and then when they went to sanniang home where he blocked the bullet for her (well, i'm sure he would have done it for the other 2 guys also) and the way she hugged him and he was reluctant at first to do the same but finally did . the fighting scenes when she's trying to escape and he blocked the sword with his bare hands for her and him telling her mom it's because she's his woman i thought he started to accept her then. and what was really convincing for me and sealed the deal was when he actually kneel and beg his evil buddy to let her go i thought he really came to term to accept that he loves her. it takes a lot for a man to kneel for a lady, but then when she hugged him good bye he looked so impartial. kind of confusing.

i don't know but i really liked the pairing so it would be sad to know if he just accepted her out of gratitude and not love. i mean it was sad that his wife sacrificed a lot for him , but no doubt that yanniang wouldn't do the same. actually she did. getting stabbed like that and pushing him down the river, we couldn't guarantee the guy wouldn't torture her to death. lol but it was funny that the she called the blind guy "one eye" lol.

i'm not too familiar with mainland production, but is tangren a big company or just a small production company ? but they house lss or hu ge and aren't those the bigger stars in china series industry ? and karen tsoi just looks very young.
    any news yet on a sequel ? but i'm sure all the casts are busy with their new upcoming projects and i heard lss might be having a new tangren project soon bc they just bought the right to tong hua's novel

Certainly that too. But I think his comment to the official (forgot his name) while they were in the carriage, that he had to work out if he had space in his heart to allow another in, hints (to me at least), that he wanted to allow the feelings for both his wife and YSL to co-exist in his mind. That his wife and related memories were certainly not 'water under the bridge for him'. In a way, I think that is possible. Not about loving 2 women at once, but taking his experiences from his wife and allowing them change and shape him, to love perhaps in a different, and hopefully better/wiser way than before.

It didn't make her growl less. She was so funny in those scenes! I wanted to see her bonk LGX on the head though . I just finished watching the E Mei arc again, and noted when they escaped, the eldest disciple stated quite explicitly that YSL was leagues ahead of the rest of the disciples now. Although mommy looked miffed at their escape, I think somewhere deep down, there has to be great pride in knowing that (well, she said it later on during their reunion). It's so rare for one strong talent to be succeeded by another equally or more talented offspring. I know I'd be proud if I were the mommy.

I'm quite surprised though...impatience is usually a huge bane of Wuxia existence and training. It doesn't limit YSL too much though, guess her range of natural talent balances everything out.

Just got to the part where Chai Hu and YSL seek protection in that creepy temple. I couldn't help laughing and re-playing the scene where it looks like the monk is checking her out and Chai Hu gets all protective. YSL: "He looked at you first then he looked at me" (that means, he couldn't possibly be interested in me as a woman...).
    that's what i love about the series that besides the romantic interest between the two leads there are still the bromance between the 4 main cast. they started out as strangers and became friends, but towards the end of the series you realized that they actually became a family and i thought it was so sweet that they all acknowledge that and pledge that they'll believe in each other and stick with each other no matter what happens. i particularly like how the series showcase the shortcoming of each cast with their own stories while the other remaining party helped them through the hard times. everything balances very well here. and it was so cute when lgx did a "hmm" and ysn was like "from now on i forbid you to hmm anymore, and how she said as the lady of the house i forbid everyone to hmm". it was a very cute moment. lol and yeah she became softer and softer throughout the series and it was so cute that she did lgx laundry and recooked his wine for him. the little things like that really makes a difference and she wasn't ashamed to say so either . lol lgx and lss should date in real life, but i also ship lss and yh, or lss and hu ge. lol

you guys are talking about the scene where she was angry at him and was trying to leave and he grabbed her hand and somehow ended up holding it ? it was so cute. i sort of didn't expect him to do that, but it came so natural and when it did happen it's like she got all her answers without him even saying anything. also, i loved it when he said "let's go home" to her. it's like she's been waiting for that and he just spoke her mind . yeah, i love the piggy back ride when he saved her too and how she kept trying to pry it out of him if he had anything to say to her. his face totally gave it away that he knew what she wanted to ask, and you can sort of tell he was shy and didn't want to talk about it, but man loved the hand grabbing scene.