Page 68 of 84 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1678

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    I'm not quite familiar with how commercials are paid here. But I guess the price goes up when rating goes up. I read from Ruby's weibo because QSHF is hot in China, her investment got paid off within 1 week. I think the producers share some profits from the TV stations.
    good for her. i always liked ruby. she looks very young for her age, but you can tell she aged quite a bit . maybe she's starting to transition into producing series and movies rather acting in them because eventually she can't keep being the main lead. but she does play the "i'm strong, don't mess with me princess/queen roles very well". her acting in the other series with sammul was pretty good i thought.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty1986 View Post
    good for her. i always liked ruby. she looks very young for her age, but you can tell she aged quite a bit . maybe she's starting to transition into producing series and movies rather acting in them because eventually she can't keep being the main lead. but she does play the "i'm strong, don't mess with me princess/queen roles very well". her acting in the other series with sammul was pretty good i thought.
    Ruby will soon start a series with a theme on bigger sister/little bother love in Taiwan. She didn't mention whether she will be the producer this time but I guess she would. She said she has learnt a lot from producing QSFH. She read all comments about it and hope to correct her mistakes when she produces the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty1986 View Post
    you guys are talking about the scene where she was angry at him and was trying to leave and he grabbed her hand and somehow ended up holding it ? it was so cute. i sort of didn't expect him to do that, but it came so natural and when it did happen it's like she got all her answers without him even saying anything. also, i loved it when he said "let's go home" to her. it's like she's been waiting for that and he just spoke her mind . yeah, i love the piggy back ride when he saved her too and how she kept trying to pry it out of him if he had anything to say to her. his face totally gave it away that he knew what she wanted to ask, and you can sort of tell he was shy and didn't want to talk about it, but man loved the hand grabbing scene.
    Yep, that's the scene. I also thought it significant that he mentioned their place as "home". Beyond his relationship with YSL, there was also LGX's true acceptance of the gang as his 'family'. Yes he mentions it, but I always thought there was a distinction with him, of how he said it, how he meant it, and how he at the end, identified himself with it.

What I want to see in the sequel: LGX and YSL having a 'moment' together and the other boys give them a real ribbing over it . The FUN they could have with that. Brings back memories of that scene when LGX is faking death and YSL has her hysterical crying moment, other boys looking on with on 'oh my, this is worth seeing' look on their faces. I seem to remember more scenes from Strange Hero than BBJX...strange, or I just like Strange Hero more

I like this couple as they understood each other without saying any word. I remember the scene after they kidnapped the king and LGX decided to release him. However, he knew it would be dangerous to release the king. The two sat across from a table. LGX asked YSN to run an errand for him. He looked at her as if it would be the last time he see her face. I remember YSN asked him why he looked at her that way. He said nothing. After YSN left, LGX released the king and was surrounded by the kings security guards. He fought the guards but there were so many of them and he was about to give in. Half way running for the errand YSN then realized there was something in LGXs earlier stare as he had never looked at her that way before. She started to realize it was a goodbye stare. She turned around and saved LGX from the guards.

I like this couple as they understood each other without saying any word. I remember the scene after they kidnapped the king and LGX decided to release him. However, he knew it would be dangerous to release the king. The two sat across from a table. LGX asked YSN to run an errand for him. He looked at her as if it would be the last time he see her face. I remember YSN asked him why he looked at her that way. He said nothing. After YSN left, LGX released the king and was surrounded by the kings security guards. He fought the guards but there were so many of them and he was about to give in. Half way running for the errand YSN then realized there was something in LGXs earlier stare as he had never looked at her that way before. She started to realize it was a goodbye stare. She turned around and saved LGX from the guards.
    agreed. it's like how she was mad that he didn't ask her to stay when she said her mom wanted he to go back to e mai. she ran off and the boys chased after her trying to make her feel better when she was like "did you guys sense that something is wrong? the way he talked and looked at me is very strange ?" and that's how she came about that he's deciding to do something dangerous and he didn't want to drag her into it because he cared about her and she realized it and decides to help him out instead of running back to e mei with her mom. i wished they had a little more romantic scenes for them. maybe that will be in 2nd installment. hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Yep, that's the scene. I also thought it significant that he mentioned their place as "home". Beyond his relationship with YSL, there was also LGX's true acceptance of the gang as his 'family'. Yes he mentions it, but I always thought there was a distinction with him, of how he said it, how he meant it, and how he at the end, identified himself with it.

What I want to see in the sequel: LGX and YSL having a 'moment' together and the other boys give them a real ribbing over it . The FUN they could have with that. Brings back memories of that scene when LGX is faking death and YSL has her hysterical crying moment, other boys looking on with on 'oh my, this is worth seeing' look on their faces. I seem to remember more scenes from Strange Hero than BBJX...strange, or I just like Strange Hero more
    lol i thought it was pretty funny when she was crying her heart out and he was faking his death and then she was like "you can't die i still have a lot of things to tell you" and he sort of woke up and was like " what do you want to tell me ?" and it was so funny how chai hu was going all crazy wanting to kill wu qui and xiao mei had to stop him and said lgx said no matter what they can't kill him. after everything was done xiao mei said " he said we couldn't kill him but he didn't say we couldn't beat him" and they started beating him. i thought it as pretty hilarious.

Isn't the scriptwriter Wong Bak-Ming (former TVB)? Wallace improvised the character of Li Ge Xiao, not the entire script.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Isn't the scriptwriter Wong Bak-Ming (former TVB)? Wallace improvised the character of Li Ge Xiao, not the entire script.
    Basically they didn't finish the script when they started the show and the script was written along with the shooting. When Wallace received the script he was confused in how was he going to play the role. We all know that he prefers to spend a lot of time in interpreting the role so that every character in his dramas is different. Yes, he only wrote something about LGX. He showed it to the producer and apparently also Wong Bak-Ming and they liked it and adapted it. And later on the story followed along that way. Also, during the shooting he added some extra screenplays.

In fact, he also inserted a lot of his own interpretations to Xu Changqing as well. Everyone, including the director, voted against him. They were even mad at him. But he simply ignored them and added those elements to his role when he was filming for CP3. Originally his role was written as someone likes an idiot. Xu Changqing was a big success in China.
    Last edited by tobeme; 10-14-11 at 09:46 PM.

In fact, he inserted a lot of his own interpretations to Xu Changqing. Everyone, including the director, voted against him. They were even mad at him. But he simply ignored them and added those elements to his role when he was filming for CP3. Originally his role was written as someone likes an idiot. Xu Changqing was a big success in China.
    Wallace's da best!!! I love his Xu Chang Qing! Chang Qing was a super innocent guy but not idiot. Good thing that Wallace changed that. Can't imagine the idiote Qing Qing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JunesRain View Post
    Wallace's da best!!! I love his Xu Chang Qing! Chang Qing was a super innocent guy but not idiot. Good thing that Wallace changed that. Can't imagine the idiote Qing Qing lol.
    People really really hate Xu Changqing character in the video games but love him in the CP3 drama. Many people wondered how he did it to turning the character around... The character was still innocent but Wallace added some cold humors to it to make it more alive but not strong. Xu Changqing is never meant to be a strong character (basically the male side of Xiao Long Nu(小龙女)) and that's why people generally found him being shinning away in the drama. But I think he played the character well.

Frankly speaking most people (including myself) think Liu Liancheng character is weak. If this character were played by someone else, probably it would not draw so much attention. Qiyou character on the other hand has lots of potentials. It was well written and is so much better than Liancheng character.

Frankly speaking most people (including myself) think Liu Liancheng character is weak. If this character were played by someone else, probably it would not draw so much attention. Qiyou character on the other hand has lots of potentials. It was well written and is so much better than Liancheng character.
    I think that he played Lian Cheng pretty well despite the fact that he's always "One - Fuya, Two - Fuya"... basically, I think that's what made him look weak, and I really hate that too. Qiyou's character is also very different from the one in the novel, much better and nicer. But I just can't come to like him, dunno why, event if I don't like Wallace, I don't think I will like his portray of Qiyou.

Basically they didn't finish the script when they started the show and the script was written along with the shooting. When Wallace received the script he was confused in how was he going to play the role. We all know that he prefers to spend a lot of time in interpreting the role so that every character in his dramas is different. Yes, he only wrote something about LGX. He showed it to the producer and apparently also Wong Bak-Ming and they liked it and adapted it. And later on the story followed along that way. Also, during the shooting he added some extra screenplays.

In fact, he also inserted a lot of his own interpretations to Xu Changqing as well. Everyone, including the director, voted against him. They were even mad at him. But he simply ignored them and added those elements to his role when he was filming for CP3. Originally his role was written as someone likes an idiot. Xu Changqing was a big success in China.
    that's so stupid. why would they want to make xu changqing character out to be an idiot. how is he suppose to be the future leader of a famous sect and be an idiot. that makes no sense. i'm glad he went against them and added those elements to his role bc it wouldn't have been a hit if he played an idiot in the drama. so they wanted our goddess zi xuan to fall in love with an idiot, not once but 3 times? that's one of the most ridiculous things i've ever heard of. and there's no way with that face w can play off an idiot role. no way

Good for Wallace. I hear he was still pretty tired before he accepted the role. If this were true, I think Wallace quite smart to work this into his role. He looked tired to me anyway. Whether he was or not, he looked to me he had this weariness/hopelessness of spirit, really tired not in a weak way, but just tired because of being drained from all emotion from the tragic death of his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty1986
    how is he suppose to be the future leader of a famous sect and be an idiot.

so they wanted our goddess zi xuan to fall in love with an idiot, not once but 3 times?
    idiotic XCQ. Although, they say love can be blind...idiot or no . XCQ wasn't an idiot, but I think Wallace still managed to maintain a 'dopey' air around him at times.

Good for Wallace. I hear he was still pretty tired before he accepted the role. If this were true, I think Wallace quite smart to work this into his role. He looked tired to me anyway. Whether he was or not, he looked to me he had this weariness/hopelessness of spirit, really tired not in a weak way, but just tired because of being drained from all emotion from the tragic death of his wife
    Based on an interview he was in fact physically tired after spending long hours working on Tang Lang and wanted to take a long break. But he couldn't refuse Tang Ren's invitation. Anyway, I'm glad that he took the show. Strange Hero is the second drama I watched with Wallace in it. The first one I watched was Hong Fu Nu (mainly because of Suki). At that time I was drawn by his look. Who's this guy? How come I had never heard of him before? After finished watching the show I was not impressed at all by his acting. But because of his look I wanted to see another drama. I ran through my paid cable TV, and under dramas section I found Strange Hero and gave it a try because it was a new release at the time. And bingo, so regret now that I watched it coz I can't get rid of him anymore!

Based on an interview he was in fact physically tired after spending long hours working on Tang Lang and wanted to take a long break. But he couldn't refuse Tang Ren's invitation. Anyway, I'm glad that he took the show. Strange Hero is the second drama I watched with Wallace in it. The first one I watched was Hong Fu Nu (mainly because of Suki). At that time I was drawn by his look. Who's this guy? How come I had never heard of him before? After finished watching the show I was not impressed at all by his acting. But because of his look I wanted to see another drama. I ran through my paid cable TV, and under dramas section I found Strange Hero and gave it a try because it was a new release at the time. And bingo, so regret now that I watched it coz I can't get rid of him anymore!
    Have you seen Yan Zhi Xue? He was in that with Fan Bing Bing. I knew about him beforehand but wasn't so interested. After YZX I was very impressed.

Have you seen Yan Zhi Xue? He was in that with Fan Bing Bing. I knew about him beforehand but wasn't so interested. After YZX I was very impressed.
    Nope, have not watched it yet. On my watch list though.

Was led back to Strange Hero promos after going through ShiGe promos. Awww...LSS & MTY. Love their cheeky dynamic. With the exception of YH, I think LSS seems most open with MTY. They're sort of together at the start of BBJX, in the same show but not directly in contact in XYJ. Would love them in a modern, getting up to real mischief.

Back in Aug or Sept LSS said she's more than willing to film the sequel for Strange Hero. I thought Tang Ren would soon start filming it. Ah, scheduling the four together again is not an easy task. Also, they need to come up with a really good script if there is one as people would compare it with the first one.

Great news! It would certainly keep my eye on Strange Hero throughout 2012, just in case the sequel does go ahead. I'm willing to give ground if only LSS is in it. Young Justice Bao with different casts did well. If we wait around for the old cast, it may never go ahead. Fine line between original cast and no sequel. I think LSS embodies 'Yi Zhi Mei' original thief character, so I think its a non negotiable necessity to have her in it.

^If they film a sequel, I doubt they'd replace LSS. She's the company's star and loves the role.
    That being said, the news was from quite a while ago and there hasn't been word of it since. And there are so many things that Tangren still has left to film with nothing or very little being said! I guess the disadvantage of having a small company is that they can only go one at a time.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次