Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1678

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Well, that's great to hear re: LSS status in it. Tang Ren needs to get more investors then. While it seems Tang Ren is struggling as a small company, you have Eva Huang who seems to do a hop-skip-and-jump and ends up owning the mega Juli (to be fair, she has got economical smarts to back her up). The wonders that Tang Ren and the LSS-YH-HG stars can come out if they were as big as Hua Yi *sigh*

^I think Tangren being Huayi-sized go both ways for the actors. It can give them more opportunities, but it also means that they would have a huge board (you can't get a Huayi-sized company without a Huayi-sized board) and someone like LSS who didn't shoot to fame right away but through a steady climb wouldn't have had such opportunities to get such good roles and improve her acting to what it is today. With her level of acting and star power during the time thehy casted LOCH, she probably wouldn't even have got near the role. HG's rise to fame would probably have been delayed as well because he probably wouldn't have gotten Li Xiaoyao.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

I must say although Tangren is a small company but they have good strategies. They are good at picking the scripts and stacking with the right casts. One thing I like them the most is the publicity and promo campaigns they launched for their dramas. They're always at the right timing and draw lots of attention.

Both great points Dragon Heiress and tobeme. The perfect situation would be if a Hua Yi sized board be just as good at picking good scripts and keeping good actors/actresses. Then again, with more people on a board with conflicting interests/bias, I imagine there be less chance to agree upon one thing, no matter if it's good or bad.

Tang Ren (Karen) just needs to win Tattslotto or find an investor that is happy to give up deciding power and only interested in return (fat chance that's going to happen...Tattslotto would be more likely).

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Both great points Dragon Heiress and tobeme. The perfect situation would be if a Hua Yi sized board be just as good at picking good scripts and keeping good actors/actresses. Then again, with more people on a board with conflicting interests/bias, I imagine there be less chance to agree upon one thing, no matter if it's good or bad.

Tang Ren (Karen) just needs to win Tattslotto or find an investor that is happy to give up deciding power and only interested in return (fat chance that's going to happen...Tattslotto would be more likely).
    i'm not too familiar with mainland production but is hua yi another production company as well as tattslotto ? so does karen own the whole tang ren? how much do these stars even make ? i heard they make more than hk stars per episode, but then again hk stars doesn't make very much. i think the average-mid size hk stars make as much as an engineer in america.

^Hua Yi is a mega big/rich production company in Mainland. Their big guns include Huang Xiao Ming and Ady An.

Tattslotto is an Australian lottery game.

I would like to know too if Karen totally owns or partly owns Tang Ren.

^I would like to know too if Karen totally owns or partly owns Tang Ren.
    Maybe Xiaolong has an answer to that?

Didn't HXM leave Huayi earlier this year? I think HXM, Zhou Xun, and Chen Kun all became freelance at around the same time, so there were rumours back then that they would set up their own company.

I'm not sure how interested Tangren really is in expanding, though. If they really just wanted to make money, ads and promotional stuff generally pay very well and they could always get around to those movies they were talking about (I want news about TLTW!!! Are they making it or not?!?!). There's also an amazing family/friends environment around Tangren productions, which a lot of actors have commented on. They don't keep many actors and workers but they're all very close. Of course there's still plenty of room for expansion, but I'm not sure if Tangren is really suitable to become as big as Huayi. I was on the Huayi website the other day and I was totally lost looking at all the names of actors, many of which probably haven't even met each other.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

^Hua Yi is a mega big/rich production company in Mainland. Their big guns include Huang Xiao Ming and Ady An.

Tattslotto is an Australian lottery game.

I would like to know too if Karen totally owns or partly owns Tang Ren.
    oh ady isn't a freelancer ? i thought she would be because she does both taiwainese and mainland series. and hxm is just . uh i don't like the fact that he's with angelababy. she's cute and all but doesn't look like she'll make a serious long term gf or wife. ming ming can do so much better than that. i heard he got ps done to his chin too ? but either way it's fine bc whoever made him like this now deserves some kudos.

Huayi has so many stars that they can't possibly have all of them working on in-company productions alone.

Isn't Angelababy rumoured to be with Eddie Peng now? I doubt it's true, but who knows. As long as she stays away from "Devilababy" and other members of LSS's harem, I don't mind.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Huayi has so many stars that they can't possibly have all of them working on in-company productions alone.

Isn't Angelababy rumoured to be with Eddie Peng now? I doubt it's true, but who knows. As long as she stays away from "Devilababy" and other members of LSS's harem, I don't mind.
    what's devilababy ? and who are the members of lss' harem ? isn't angelababy only 22 23 and hxm is like 34 35 ? that's a bit of an age gap especially when she looks like a little girl. she used to date william( i think that's his name ), but now he's with charlene and baby was recorded by the paparazzi a few times for making snide remarks @ them or about their relationship. i like her looks, but she doesn't seem very intelligent just very bubbly and bland. very generic model-ish type feel .

Devilbaby is one of Yuan Hong's nicknames, LOL. All the princes in BBJX (except 9th) have been referred to as LSS' male'hou gong'/harem in the Chinese media

Karen is President/CEO of Tangren and a founding shareholder alongside Li Guo Li, Shirley KF Chan, Wen Feng (amongst a few others, I think). Yeap, she's a rich woman now. Her swanky Shanghai apartment was recently featured in a magazine (believe H.Ge-C.Liu posted it on LSS thread some months back).
    Last edited by xiaolong; 10-17-11 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Devilbaby is one of Yuan Hong's nicknames, LOL. All the princes in BBJX (except 9th) have been referred to as LSS' male'hou gong'/harem in the Chinese media

Karen is President/CEO of Tangren and a founding shareholder alongside Li Guo Li, Shirley KF Chan, Wen Feng (amongst a few others, I think). Yeap, she's a rich woman now. Her swanky Shanghai apartment was recently featured in a magazine (believe H.Ge-C.Liu posted it on LSS thread some months back).
    how old is karen ? link me to her apartment page . why devilbaby ? but i think 13th brother seeking death fits him a lot better . i've never been a mainlander but since i got captured by cp3 mainly by lss and tang yang and the W i slowly fell into the mainland series trap, and then i got bombarded with bu bu . ahh 8th beile , although he is a tvber, but still. and strange hero . lol i see why they have so many fan girls

i totally wouldn't mind it yh and lss came out as a couple, or hu ge and lss although ty looks cute with hu ge too, but for some reason i think lss would be more compatible with hu ge as a couple but hu ge looks like he would be more attracted to ty more. lol i'm sitting speculating their relationship as if i know them in person . ty and w looks good too. i don't know about ty and raymond in ad mania though. they were saying about how she was the 3rd party that came between raymond and mavis' relationship, but who knows that was a huge mess. i don't think raymond is very innocent as he always plays out to be and mavis is woah a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Didn't HXM leave Huayi earlier this year? I think HXM, Zhou Xun, and Chen Kun all became freelance at around the same time, so there were rumours back then that they would set up their own company.
    That I didn't know. Do you know if that was before or after HXM finished Taiwan's Summer Desire? HXM didn't seem very tied down by the time he filmed Summer Desire (some reporters were saying he was quite wealthy from investing by then).

I'm not sure how interested Tangren really is in expanding, though. If they really just wanted to make money, ads and promotional stuff generally pay very well and they could always get around to those movies they were talking about (I want news about TLTW!!! Are they making it or not?!?!). There's also an amazing family/friends environment around Tangren productions, which a lot of actors have commented on. They don't keep many actors and workers but they're all very close. Of course there's still plenty of room for expansion, but I'm not sure if Tangren is really suitable to become as big as Huayi. I was on the Huayi website the other day and I was totally lost looking at all the names of actors, many of which probably haven't even met each other.
    Hmm...if I were an actor, I'd choose Tang Ren. That sort of close-knit, supportive environment can be really solid bases for professional growth. Not that I'm saying Hua Yi can't be like that...just that things can seem a bit more impersonal when scope is so large. Still, it's always an advantage to be financially better off. I think it all in good financial strategy, and I think Tang Ren should do more of that (for the sake of being able to comfortably release more shows at a consistent pace without overtaxing revenue and actor/actresses).

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong
    Karen is President/CEO of Tangren and a founding shareholder alongside Li Guo Li, Shirley KF Chan, Wen Feng (amongst a few others, I think). Yeap, she's a rich woman now. Her swanky Shanghai apartment was recently featured in a magazine
    Very interesting. Thanks for that titbit xiaolong. Tang Ren itself interests me now, because of LSS, YH, HG, and LGL productions .

That I didn't know. Do you know if that was before or after HXM finished Taiwan's Summer Desire? HXM didn't seem very tied down by the time he filmed Summer Desire (some reporters were saying he was quite wealthy from investing by then).

Hmm...if I were an actor, I'd choose Tang Ren. That sort of close-knit, supportive environment can be really solid bases for professional growth. Not that I'm saying Hua Yi can't be like that...just that things can seem a bit more impersonal when scope is so large. Still, it's always an advantage to be financially better off. I think it all in good financial strategy, and I think Tang Ren should do more of that (for the sake of being able to comfortably release more shows at a consistent pace without overtaxing revenue and actor/actresses).

Very interesting. Thanks for that titbit xiaolong. Tang Ren itself interests me now, because of LSS, YH, HG, and LGL productions .
    why did yh leave tang ren ? did he sign with another company or did he chose to be a freelance artist ? how does it work in china btw do they get paid by the episodes or they get paid by a certain $ amount for X yrs of work and during those yrs they have to fulfill their work for the company ? cause what i heard is that charmaine made X amount of $, not sure how much for signing with a mainland company. it was in the millions i'm sure, but i highly doubt as popular as she is they would pay millions per episode when she films their series. that's always an unanswered question that i have. not sure if the entertainment industry in mainland is different from other countries, but i heard korean entertainment industry is a big NO NO and their artists are mostly underpaid and overworked.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty1986 View Post
    why did yh leave tang ren ? did he sign with another company or did he chose to be a freelance artist ? how does it work in china btw do they get paid by the episodes or they get paid by a certain $ amount for X yrs of work and during those yrs they have to fulfill their work for the company ? cause what i heard is that charmaine made X amount of $, not sure how much for signing with a mainland company. it was in the millions i'm sure.
    YH is now freelance. Well, under a big company like TVB or Huayi, if an artiste is not that well known or famous yet, it's always better for him/her to stick to working for TVB/Huayi to get good projects plus a regular salary. Depending on performance and luck (if the TV series the artiste works in is a big hit), TVB/Huayi will promote the artiste well. If the artiste chooses to go freelance, there won't be a regular salary and he/she has to be very entrepreneurial in getting new projects, doing his/her own PR/publicity. Going freelance is like running your own business - more freedom/independence, but you got to work harder to develop business. The pay-offs can be rewarding as you pocket all the fees. Under TVB/Huayi, they pocket the fees and pay their artistes a salary or bonus depending on how the projects perform and impact on their popularity.

Then again, there are many popular artistes like Feng Shao Feng who still stick with Huayi as he's ensured of a regular salary, good projects and Huayi's big-time publicity department to boost his popularity amongst audiences and advertisers.

Companies also sometimes use big sign-on bonuses to attract popular artistes. E.g. Huayi signed on Ruby and Alec Su back in the early 2000s with an undisclosed sum of money and lots of fanfare. My guess is that Charmaine got a big sign-on bonus with her new Mainland company.

YH is not in the A-list league like HXM or Wallace, so it could have been 'safer' for him to stay in Tangren. But he prob chose to go freelance simply for the independence. He did admit in a recent media interview that he left Tangren because he wants 'freedom'.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 10-18-11 at 05:59 AM.

^Seems to be the same sort of thing for many professions. Company vs private work. Too bad actors/actress can't have both, like tradies or doctors. Or can they?

^Seems to be the same sort of thing for many professions. Company vs private work. Too bad actors/actress can't have both, like tradies or doctors. Or can they?
    My guess is that Hu Ge is like the doctor in a major medical group you're referring to. He bought shares in Tangren (back during CP3 days I think?), so he might have some profit-sharing agreement with Tangren. LSS, Lin Gengxin, Guo Xiaoting and previously YH are salaried...of course with bonuses when their projects do well.

True. How would they work out compensation for promo events? There's a degree of unpredictability there depending on the popularity of the show.

True. How would they work out compensation for promo events? There's a degree of unpredictability there depending on the popularity of the show.
    Well, when I organize an event with a special appearance by a celeb, I pay the company (e.g. Mediacorp, TVB, Huayi) which the celeb is contracted to. I don't pay the celeb direct. Not sure how the company works out the compensation. Maybe there's a bonus component?