Page 71 of 84 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1678

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Quote Originally Posted by 118mjl View Post
    Can someone tell me if this series has a happy ending? Trying to decide whether or not i want to watch it post BBJx...
    it sure does. an open happy ending!! watch watch watch !!

Can someone tell me if this series has a happy ending? Trying to decide whether or not i want to watch it post BBJx...
    Depends how you define happy.

Definitely worth watching post BBJX. I did . LSS liked Strange Hero because it was more of a comedy to her...where most of her other shows are fairly tragic. I think it's comedic. I always alternate between literary/non-action then wuxia/action drama. Thank heavens for the wuxia genre!!!

You must be Gemini...asking about the ending first

If a happy ending is defined as both male and female leads are together at the end, yes, it is.
    Wallace Huo's information site, forum and Facebook: www.wallacehuo.info

I actually found this series one of the happier, most light-hearted series in Tangren's library. Even during the sad moments (e.g. Ruyi death), I didn't feel sad I think LSS finds it much easier to play YSN and Tuoba Yu'Er (in Xuanyuanjian) than her other tragic roles like Ruoxi as such characters take life easier, are more independent.

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    If a happy ending is defined as both male and female leads are together at the end, yes, it is.
    Oh geez, this sounds so cryptic.... someone please spoil it for me... why do people not think it is a complete happy ending?

... and someone asked me if I was a gemini.... the answer is no, hahahaha.... I am just anti-sad endings (usually) but for some cases, I may make an exception...

Oh geez, this sounds so cryptic.... someone please spoil it for me... why do people not think it is a complete happy ending?

... and someone asked me if I was a gemini.... the answer is no, hahahaha.... I am just anti-sad endings (usually) but for some cases, I may make an exception...
    It's definitely a happy, cheerful ending. But the Yi Zhi Mei mission goes on...lots more cases to be solved, lots of injustices to address. Hence it's also an "open" ending.

Yeah, it's open, but I definitely think it's happy. And everyone's smiling and joking around at the end.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

My recommendation: watch it! And watch it now if you can! Blame it on me if you don't like it
    Wallace Huo's information site, forum and Facebook: www.wallacehuo.info

Just finished rewatching this series. I actualy really like the ending. Like Xiaolong said, the one actually HAS a happy ending opened or not. I love when they show LGX and YSN holding hand in the peach blossom garden, I find it romantic. I truly hope they hurry and make the follow up. Whether it is a movie or series, I don't care. I just want to see more.

I will start posting some cute drawings in this thread that I don't think appeared here before. First one is LGX and YSN.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/i-MRF2R2n/0/XL/i-MRF2R2n-XL.jpg')

You gals have convinced me to watch Strange Hero as well
    Need something to cheer me up after BBJX and seeing Wallace's tragic demise in QSHF.
    I usually prefer clean cut men, but strangely, Wallace's scruffy, disheveled look is kinda sexy

As someone who saw Wallace 'clean' (Yan Zhi Xue) then 'scruffy' Strange Hero, I definitely appreciate the 'scruffy' LGX. It's his character too...intriguing, intense, very, very droll.

It's almost strange (ha..pun, 'Strange Hero'), that LGX at times is so uber respectful (even fearful?) of YSL, then can turn around 180 degrees and back to cooly calculating.

Quote Originally Posted by 118mjl
    I am just anti-sad endings (usually) but for some cases, I may make an exception...
    Rest assured, it's not emotionally sad. Perhaps intellectually sad..as in open ending. Some find open endings sad, frustrating, pointless, or all of the latter.

I think an open ending appropriate for Wuxia genres...sort of gives that adventurous feel to it. For Strange Hero ending, it did have that 'cowboys riding off into the sunset' mood, or 'to infinity and beyond' (if you have young brothers in your family ).

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    You gals have convinced me to watch Strange Hero as well
    Need something to cheer me up after BBJX and seeing Wallace's tragic demise in QSHF.
    I usually prefer clean cut men, but strangely, Wallace's scruffy, disheveled look is kinda sexy
    yay tweety. you finally joined us here . yes, watch watch ! it's a very good drama and if you like the w you will definitely like strange hero. but how can you not like w ? it's just kind of impossible.

A beautiful MV of the ending song of Strange Hero

All three are once male lead on Tang Ren's dramas. See what they have in common?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/i-McXp7FJ/0/X2/i-McXp7FJ-X2.gif')

THEY ALL CAL SEW..........

All three are once male lead on Tang Ren's dramas. See what they have in common?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/i-McXp7FJ/0/X2/i-McXp7FJ-X2.gif')

Ohh I love my manly men who can use a needle and a thread!!

I watched this series as I wanted to see other LSS dramas, I also watched Clothing the world, which was an absolute bore, didn't like it, no chemistry between any of the leads so I skipped through the series with the fast forward button in my hand. Then I watched this, it's must better, good storylines and cases to solve

Just wish there was more interaction between LGX and YSN, I felt at times the love story between LGX and his dead wife was a lot more engaging. Also the chemistry wasn't as strong between LGX and YSN since their love story got interrupted mid-series with the overarching story plot (i.e. the cases)

Nevertheless this series is still worth watching. Definitely no tears for me!

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty1986 View Post
    yay tweety. you finally joined us here . yes, watch watch ! it's a very good drama and if you like the w you will definitely like strange hero. but how can you not like w ? it's just kind of impossible.
    Yes, I've been waiting and waiting for it to be Viet dubbed so I can rest my eyes and not have to read English subtitles. Despite the fact that I'm not too fond of dubbed series because sometimes there are dubbers that sound just plain awful. Whether dubbed or subtitled, it can never be the same as the original language. Alas, I am Chinese illiterate and don't got time and energy to learn.

I'm watching at a VERY slow pace. Perhaps half to one episode a night. So tired after work .

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Yes, I've been waiting and waiting for it to be Viet dubbed so I can rest my eyes and not have to read English subtitles. Despite the fact that I'm not too fond of dubbed series because sometimes there are dubbers that sound just plain awful. Whether dubbed or subtitled, it can never be the same as the original language. Alas, I am Chinese illiterate and don't got time and energy to learn.

I'm watching at a VERY slow pace. Perhaps half to one episode a night. So tired after work .
    Which epic are you at now?