Page 42 of 84 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Episode: 29

Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-27-11 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    The intense LGX-SN stare from 12:06 to 12:09 was bcos of the word play on "heart". First about the people's hearts, then about recapturing the emperor's heart. Then they realise that hearts could refer to both of them.
    Is this when they were eating, after the talk and stare, SN got shy and left? Where did she say she was going?
    And what was the argument in the forest before he grabbed her wrist?...Do translate if you got the time!!! Thanks!

Hopefully they do lots of promotion for this series like they did CP3...
    xiaolong, so you can get to see more of MTY and LSS, since you didn't get enough of him in the series...
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-07-11 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Yan Jr also comments that LGX and SN "chi nan yuan nu" (crazily loving man, resenting woman). I don't think I have the translation wrong or misheard how Yan Jr pronounces it, so I think they did a typo in the script and Chinese subtitles. The 'resenting woman' part doesn't sound right. They may've meant yuan as in 'willing'...."crazily loving man, willing woman" has a more sensible meaning. Can someone who understands Chinese double check from qqlive? 25B to be exact.
    You are correct. "Chi nan yuan nu" is an idiom describing a couple deeply in love, but their love cannot have a happy ending. The 'yuan' is probably resentment to fate?

I'm still watching... will add to the fun dialogue after I'm done a few episodes.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Thanks for all the YouTube uploads. I just spent the last few days skimming through the whole series.

My take:
    1. Wallace had much better chemistry with Tong Liya than with Liu Shi Shi
    2. The Korean Iljimae is still more enjoyable
    3. I wish Strange Hero music was original (rather than taken wholesale from LOCH)

Running for cover before all fangirls here petition for me to be banned from spcnet. YIKES!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    For those who read the summary, did it say which episode SN was supposed to pretend to be LGX's wife and wear the outfit above?
    I think it was around the fake wedding incident or when they pretended to be husband-and-wife in front of that E-Mei woman? LGX was taken aback by her beauty in a feminine outfit, then she joked about being his pretend wife to clean up after him (he's messy). Then he got reminded of RY, flashback, went to depressed mode.

I got this from a tieba thread I came across. Official Baidu summary sticks to 30 eps. I did read that the cuts came from Xiaomei's and Chai Hu's stories so as to make the plot more focused.

Anyway, I really have enough of RY. if it had anything to do with RY flashback, I'm glad they cut it out.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-07-11 at 03:56 PM.

Did anyone catch the ending clip of the longer (entire?) Hu Ge theme song from episode 30? I like it lots!

Edit - I was so impatient to hear it on my iPod, I cut and converted it myself. Still, I'd love to hear it in better quality.
    Last edited by ceterumcenseo; 01-07-11 at 03:14 PM.

ceterumcenseo, did you watch all the episodes to the end then? I'm trying to identify some scenes from the BTS that I didn't see or may have missed.

Such as, did you see SN climbed on the side of the mountain? It was in the trailer, did you see that?
    Also, LGX and SN were supposed to walk through some blossom trees (not the ending) holding hands, then a pigeon landed and SN picked up the pigeon from a rock?
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-07-11 at 04:03 PM.

Episode: 30 Finale!

Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-27-11 at 08:13 PM.

I don't mind her going intense with Kevin who looks super-hot in Qing. But Nicky looks FUGLY in Qing! (sorry ChineseChik )
    Yeah, now I want to see LSS kiss Kevin...hehehe. I don't think Chinesechik wll mind...afterall, Adam Cheng...oh! ummmm..Kevin Cheng is growing on her..LOL
    lol thanks for making fun of me guys

ok so i just watched the finale. wow: the trap that edwin set up was REALLY elaborate! lol

but i was SO shocked when GX actually got down on his knees and beged wu qiu to let SN go! i was so surprised that my jaw literally dropped. AWWW! and his confession to hai rui about how he feels about SN - even though they didn't have that much lovey-dovey stuff in the series, SN/GX strike me as a more hide your love on the inside type of couple that would willingly give their lives for one another but don't flaunt their affection. it's a good relationship.
    and they hugged! although GX just kinda tapped her back and was totally out of it lol

and the ending was totally NOT open lol. i love that conversation they had at the end! where he goes, "is bad for women to order too much" or something along those lines, and she replies with: "well, you're my guy. if i dont order you, who do i order?" and then he gives that exasperated face
    made me smile - so cute!
    Last edited by ChineseChik525; 01-07-11 at 04:31 PM.

CRAP! Why was LGX so mean to SN in the beginning of Ep 30?!!! The conversation went something like this:
    SN: My mum wants me to go back to E-Mei.
    LGX: That's good. You should go back.
    SN: (angry) But once I go, Yi Zhi Mei will only have 3 people.
    LGX: (nods) Yes, it will be 3 people.
    SN: (disbelief) Say that again?
    LGX: (looks away) Your mum loves you.
    SN: What do you mean?
    LGX: Huh, you are turning back on her!
    SN: (frowns) You did tell my mum previously that I'm your wife.
    LGX: What do you mean? During the situation at that time, of course it was fake. You were very clear about it.
    SN: (heart-broken) Fake?

Then halfway through the Ep, he admitted to someone that no one can replace RY.

When he went to rescue SN, villain cries out to heaven telling RY that when she was in danger, LGX didn't rescue her and let her die. LGX kneels to villain to beg him to release SN. Villain releases SN (so simple as all that??!!).

So Tong Liya got all the hot love triangle thing with villain vs hero instead of LSS? BAH!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-07-11 at 04:57 PM.

CRAP! Why was LGX so mean to SN in the beginning of Ep 30?!!! The conversation went something like this:
    SN: My mum wants me to go back to E-Mei.
    LGX: That's good. You should go back.
    SN: (angry) But once I go, Yi Zhi Mei will only have 3 people.
    LGX: (nods) Yes, it will be 3 people.
    SN: (disbelief) Say that again?
    LGX: (looks away) Your mum loves you.
    SN: What do you mean?
    LGX: Huh, you are turning back on her!
    SN: (frowns) You did tell my mum previously that I'm your wife.
    LGX: What do you mean? During the situation at that time, of course it was fake. You were very clear about it.
    SN: (heart-broken) Fake?

Then halfway through the Ep, he admitted to someone that no one can replace RY.

When he went to rescue SN, villain cries out to heaven telling RY that when she was in danger, LGX didn't rescue her and let her die. LGX kneels to villain to beg him to release SN. Villain releases SN (so simple as all that??!!).

So Tong Liya got all the hot love triangle thing with villain & hero instead of LSS? BAH!
    i actually liked the last episode! i think you kinda misinterpreted it:
    in the beginning of the episode GX was trying to get SN to leave because he didn't want her in danger. he had to act cold towards her to get her to leave.

and then halfway through the epi he told hai rui that he knew of SN's feelings for him, but wasn't sure if there was still place in his heart for her. but then he found that he did.

and he begged wu qiu to let SN go, saying he would do anything as long as he let SN go - i actually thought that it was so sweet! getting down on your knees and begging someone is a HUGE gesture, especially back then.

overall, i thought it was a good finale! wrapped up everything nicely - and of course, there was that last scene where SN calls GX "my person"

Thanks for explaining Chinesechik. I haven't been following Strange Hero a lot as I'm up to my neck with work. Only had time to really skim through the Baidu summaries and tieba threads and watch the final few episodes today (since it's TGIF!). I will only be able to grasp the full picture when I have time to sit through the series without skimming.

But I'm a hopeless romantic - wish they had rode off together in the sunset with firm plans to get married like Guo Jing & Huang Rong in LOCH.

Mannn...I wished SN heard what he said, that there's no room for another woman...and she gave up and left him. I would much prefer that he realized later that he cannot live without her, realized he do love her, and go search for her. What I'm trying to say is...I'd rather have an Opening Ending instead of having SN stay with him, having only a small piece of his heart...

OH MAN!! I really wanted a romantic falling-into-each-other's-arms-embrace+kiss finale after surviving a life-or-death thing! OK, if that's too Hollywood, at least a Guo Jing & Huang Rong engaged to be married and happily-sailing-off-in-a-scenic-river-holding-each-other-lovingly ending? Or Yang Guo & Xiaolongnu married-and-walking-hand-in-hand-down-Huashan-mountain (or as in ROCH06, flying off to the moon) romantic finale? LOCH/ROCH are wuxia classics and these can happen, so I'm sure it could have happened here?!!

But I agree with Chinesechik that the finale wrapped up the plot nicely. But real bummer that it doesn't have much of that touching romantic vibe.
    Last edited by kengyew; 01-07-11 at 05:29 PM.

Mannn...I wished SN heard what he said, that there's no room for another woman...and she gave up and left him. I would much prefer that he realized later that he cannot live without her, realized he do love her, and go search for her. What I'm trying to say is...I'd rather have an Opening Ending instead of having SN stay with him, having only a small piece of his heart...
    i don't think you can say she only has a small piece of his heart though. you have to realize, you cant really compare SN with RY. RY was GX's first love - it was a passionate, consuming love. and because she died for him, part of him will always love/remember her, etc. you can't really change that. with SN, though, it's like a more mature, you-just-know-in-your-heart type of love. it doesn't mean that he loves her any less than RY, it's just a different way of expressing that love. GX now, 5 years later, is a more mature and stead-fast person. you can't compare his love for RY with his love for SN. after all, SN is the one who is going to be with him for the rest of his life, not RY.
    and besides, what he said to hai rui really moved me. it went something like this:
    GX: after RY left, i thought that only wine could stay with me for the rest of my life. but then there was Yi Zhi Mei that let me know that i'm not alone. there are people (there is a person? chinese doesn't really have grammar, so...) who really care about me.
    Hai Rui: It's Yan gu niang (SN).
    GX: all this time, it wasn't that i didn't know her feelings for me. but i didnt know if i had a place in my heart for another person. i've already lost RY. from now on, i will not allow losing any one person. my only goal is to get back (save) SN.

that conversation/soliloquy thing was was really convinced me that he genuinely had feelings/cared about/loved her. maybe he's not showing it in the affectionate, overly passionate way that he did with RY, but he genuinely cares about SN as well.

so anway. i was just trying to point out that i dont think one can say that she only has a small piece of his heart.
    okay, rant over. sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    after all, SN is the one who is going to be with him for the rest of his life, not RY.
    Did the finale really say that? She's going to be with him for the rest of his life as an Yi Zhi Mei comrade OR as a wife? Big difference...or is it just part of the "open ending" thing that gets us fangirls hopping mad?

I mean, why FOUR of them going off in the sunset and not just the two of them? LGL should have just left the two of them alone and together.

Wow Chinesechik!! that's probably the longest comment you have posted!! LOL..
    Yes, I know that we can't compare LGX's love for RY to SN. RY will always be in his heart.

I am not satisfied because I need to see it, for him to show it(because I don't understand, action was the only thing I could rely on)...hehehe. Thanks for elaborating though, I needed convincing...

Can you tell me what LGX said to the Yan Song's son, and what SN said before she hit him and he fell into the water?

OMG all 30 episodes already? So much happened while I was at school...Okay, I'm going on a Strange Hero marathon now. This is kind of awesome!
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Ooohh, they were holding hands before Xiaomei and Chai Hu joined them . At least something even if it can't beat Guo Jing & Huang Rong's happy couplehood ending. Although their next buddy buddy scene in their black clothes kinda spoiled it.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8657/holdinghandss.jpg')

I think the "open ending" refers to the fact that they were on to another case.

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    I mean, why FOUR of them going off in the sunset and not just the two of them? LGL should have just left the two of them alone and together.
    well, if it was just the two of them than that defeats the purpose of the FOUR of them in yi zhi mei - that's what the series focused more on, after all: comradeship, loyalty, the feeling of the group. it would've been SO out of character for GX just to be like, "okay, well SN and I are together now, so we're just gonna ride off into the sunset and leave you two here. forget the crime fighting, me and SN are going to live together and not worry about anything anymore! forget everything i've said about protecting the people and fighting crime. i have SN now!" could you imagine? i would've been so pissed.

Wow Chinesechik!! that's probably the longest comment you have posted!! LOL..
    Yes, I know that we can't compare LGX's love for RY to SN. RY will always be in his heart.

I am not satisfied because I need to see it, for him to show it(because I don't understand, action was the only thing I could rely on)...hehehe. Thanks for elaborating though, I needed convincing...

Can you tell me what LGX said to the Yan Song's son, and what SN said before she hit him and he fell into the water?
    hehe...sorry for the rant. i guess i kinda got carried away

yeah i kinda see where you're coming from xiao xiao. i guess it's easier for me to understand his affection because i can sorta hear it in his words. but the major action for me was when he came to save her instead of go save the world and she actually got down on his KNEES for her - that was like a major he-really-loves-her moment for me, anyway

what GX said to the son at which part? right before SN pushes him out the window? he tells the son that "didn't you always want to win me? well, you won. you can have me, let her go." and then SN smiles and goes, "i know that you care about me." and pushes him out the window. another touching scene

Ooohh, they were holding hands before Xiaomei and Chai Hu joined them . At least something even if it can't beat Guo Jing & Huang Rong's happy couplehood ending. Although their next buddy buddy scene in their black clothes kinda spoiled it.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8657/holdinghandss.jpg')

I think the "open ending" refers to the fact that they were on to another case.
    yup! to me, anyway, their relationship was solidified at the end of the series - no if ands or buts!