Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1678

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

awww haha MTY and yang mi would be cute

Strange Hero is doing very well in Taiwan with 1.31 rating, past Kenny Ho's Bao Qing Tian now.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6229/strangeherotw.jpg')

Of course the two soap operas in the Top 2 positions (Night Market and Happy Family) will always be there, but they aren't the kind of series you'd watch if you aren't Taiwanese and unfamiliar with the local Hokkien dialect (i.e. not for the international market). But for a Mainland series, past 1 is considered a big hit.

Just one more week to go before they finish broadcast.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-19-11 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I also have a (very slight) preference of ZJZ to LGL, but I don't think LSS looks less beautiful in LGL productions. IMO, she looks most beautiful in Bai She Hou Zhuan and towards the end of Strange Hero.
    As much as I admire LGL's storytelling mastery and his character development (especially antagonists!), when it comes to epic heavyweight literature adaptations, I think ZJZ's deliberate creation of 'beauty' is more suitable.

Of course, when we compare LSS' roles between the two directors, it would be between MNC and HSNZ. In the former, she was more earthly and vulnerable to emotional reactions, whereas in the latter, one cannot help but to think of Xiaolongnv.

Which brings me to the next comparison: Liu YiFei in LGL's production as Zhao Ling'er (CP1) vs in ZJZ's as Xiaolongnv. Even though she plays a goddess in CP1, she looks more like it as XLN in ZJZ's production. Consider also Ady An as Lin Yueru vs Zhao Min. (I think I've run out of actresses...)

ZJZ tends to endow upon his heroines a certain quality...ethereal, goddess-like, or, at the very least, a certain air of dignity and grace. These qualities, rather than physical appearance (although breeze/fog/scenery/lighting helps a great deal), form my personal definition of beauty.

I thought this was a beautiful picture of LSS and didn't see swtaznlaydee(thanks for hunting this down!) post this here so I thought I'd share

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/10pc7f6.jpg')

Huh? xiaolong, 1.31 is good?

These qualities, rather than physical appearance (although breeze/fog/scenery/lighting helps a great deal)
    That's the one thing that annoys me the most...he used too much of it
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-19-11 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    That's the one thing that annoys me the most...he used too much of it
    Totally agree. Some of ZJZ's scenes makes me lose patience, e.g. those overly-long "artistic" scenes hovering on Chao Mei Feng's flowing tresses. I want to see real wuxia moves, not "artistic" pseudo-wuxia moves.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Huh? xiaolong, 1.31 is good?
    Well, I read that breaking past 1 is considered successful for a Mainland series. And it's at No.4 position. The first is a localized soap which no one outside of Taiwan can understand, 2nd is a highly popular Taiwanese series. The news reports look at how the series is doing against its Mainland peers and moderate Taiwanese ones.

Still behind CP1, CP3, Young Warriors & LOCH. Guess it's a moderate success, not among Tangren's star productions.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-20-11 at 11:56 AM.

I don't know if this has been posted before, but this is from that ages ago press conference.
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/k8b7h5KEyMk/
    It's a more complete version, plus a sit down with fans at around 25:00 (although the person is filming Wallace throughout the entire sit down when other people are talking). And Wallace once again mentions that he's uninteresting as a person.
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 01-19-11 at 05:56 PM.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

And Wallace once again mentions that he's uninteresting as a person.
    Hehehe...that's so ironic since he's a famous actor. I think he is speaking the truth...I noticed that most of the BTS and inteviews, he appears to be the dull one out of the groups(CP3 and Strange Hero).

Stills we haven't seen

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/2roi8tj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/zy7nfb.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/ih2jrq.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/t8p1lj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/2l6z5w.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/2k0gpg.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/2wrep28.jpg')

Hehehe...that's so ironic since he's a famous actor. I think he is speaking the truth...I noticed that most of the BTS and inteviews, he appears to be the dull one out of the groups(CP3 and Strange Hero).
    I will disagree about him being the dull one. Well, in the BTS stuff + first press conferece, he was probably tired as hell. During all the CP3 stuff, he was busy filming both Xin Yi Jian Mei and Tang Lang, so probably pretty tired as well. And I think Yi Yi would have been filmed in early 2010 as well. Or maybe a bit later? But he definitely would have been exhausted.
    But he still teases the other cast members and stuff.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Oh yeah, and whatever happened to Happy 100?
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Oh yeah, and whatever happened to Happy 100?
    Dun know. Maybe not every interview makes it to video? I can't imagine Hu Ge finding the time to do the interview and Wallace was preparing for Qing Shi.

Hey Dragon, how come you aren't excited about Wallace's pairing with Ruby is Qing Shi? I did read that the Wallace-Ruby coupling became v.popular after Sound of Colors.

Quote Originally Posted by _yinshenquan View Post
    Which brings me to the next comparison: Liu YiFei in LGL's production as Zhao Ling'er (CP1) vs in ZJZ's as Xiaolongnv. Even though she plays a goddess in CP1, she looks more like it as XLN in ZJZ's production. Consider also Ady An as Lin Yueru vs Zhao Min. (I think I've run out of actresses...)
    ok, yeah, i have to agree with that. LYF was so beautiful in ROCH, and so was ady as compared to CP1. but that might also be owed to the fact that both those series were filmed quite a while after CP1, and both actresses had matured looks-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Hey Dragon, how come you aren't excited about Wallace's pairing with Ruby is Qing Shi? I did read that the Wallace-Ruby coupling became v.popular after Sound of Colors.
    1. Don't like Sound of Colour. Too cheesy, don't like the pace, and Wallace's hair in that series soooo does not work for me.

2. The plot doesn't particularly interest me.

3. Wallace is the only cast member in there with screen presence and the only one whose acting is interesting and impressive to watch. Some of the newcomers might have potential, but we really haven't seen enough of them to judge and they don't have enough experience. I've never seen Yan Kuan in action so I can't judge on that either.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

2. The plot doesn't particularly interest me.
    Guess you're not a fan of Young Warriors (like a lot of us) . People are touting Qing Shi as the next Young Warriors.
    Last edited by munianci; 01-20-11 at 07:42 AM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    Guess you're not a fan of Young Warriors (like a lot of us) . People are touting Qing Shi as the next Young Warriors.
    Huh? The next Young Warriors? Sounds more like Ruby's personal ego trip.

In Young Warriors, there were FOUR guys with very strong screen presence+acting chops (HG, Peter, YH, Eddie). In Qing Shi, there's only ONE guy with screen presence+acting chops (Wallace) - the rest of the guys are OK OK, but lack the wow factor. Even Chen Long (Wu Lang) and He Jian Ze (Pan Bao) have better acting track records than Yan Kuan and the rest of the guys.

I'd say Bu Bu's leading guys (Nicky, Kevin, YH) still beat Qing Shi's non-Wallace guy cast in terms of screen presence. Not a fan of Kevin's acting but I admit he has strong screen presence. Not sure about Lin Gengxin until we see him in action.

But I have to say if not for Karen, not sure if LSS will lead such a big production.
    Last edited by kengyew; 01-20-11 at 10:23 AM.

Huh? The next Young Warriors? Sounds more like Ruby's personal ego trip.

But I have to say if not for Karen, not sure if LSS will lead such a big production.
    Yep, I agree. I would also add that if it weren't for YH dropping out as the male lead, I don't think LSS will land the role of Ruoxi and have all these pressure. I mean, she herself rejected the role of Qiao Er for the same reason...cuz she's not ready for such a big role

But I am a fan of Young Warriors. kengyew basically said the words for me. And also, Young Warriors has so much character development and it seems like the plot of Qing Shi sounds like it's being driven forward by characters dying instead of changing.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次