Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1678

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

^Yeah, I noticed that too. But she managed to make it pure SN-ness this time; the look didn't even remind me of Long Kui.

She dresses up as a guy 4 times in Strange Hero, iirc. As "Mr. Yun's" assistant for the bug case, as one of YWQ's men when they arrest Xiao Ben, as a soldier for the tian mu trick, and when they trick Yan Si Fan into revealing his motives to the emporer. Did I miss any?
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

^Looks like you've listed it all Dragon..

Seems like that's LSS's trademark, dressing as man in most of her series.

CP3
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i49.tinypic.com/a9vgwz.jpg')

Tian Ya
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i46.tinypic.com/352hjeo.jpg')

White Snake After Pass
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/23vdhf5.jpg')

Strange Hero
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i35.tinypic.com/5ca813.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i28.tinypic.com/33wshsz.jpg')

Bu Bu Jing Xin
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/jgsetd.jpg')

LOCH?
    Thought she did ...
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-24-11 at 09:15 PM.

Don't remember if these stills have been posted

I don't remember SN having her veil off when he carried her
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/dn239u.jpg')

This part is adorable
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/5fqm29.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/5nkxvk.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/9zvksm.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/18m6mv.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-24-11 at 09:16 PM.

I remember she said that she likes how SN's boyish costumes are more comfortable and simple and convenient. so she probably likes wearing them. Plus, her face is feminine enough to pull them off. I don't really like the guard hat on her (or anyone else in the series...I don't like those hats!), but she actually looks really pretty in all the other pictures.

Maybe they first tried filming the scene without the veil, which would mean SN lifting her veil might have been a last minute decision.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Please translate what it say???!!! ...hehehe. Thanks!
    of course this language is kinda elaborate though, so i'll try my best to summarize. sorry for any mistakes or things lost in translation...

Li Ge Xiao:
    The "brain" of Yi Zhi Mei, planner, commander, etc. Smart, calm, charming; in one instant, his opponents have already fallen into his trap. His only flaw is that alcohol doesn't leave his side, all because of one heartbreaking past - he used to be the leader of Jin YiWei, because of wanting to pursue justice, he became enemies with Yan Song, leading to the death of the love of his life (note: that's roughly about how the term translates...), his wife RuYi! He lost everything, and spent five years of life not worrying about other people's troubles. Alas, he couldn't really suppress his heart, and so he decided to act again to fight evil (note: yeah "fight evil" sounds really juvenile, but i couldn't really find a better way to say it )! He gathered a group with thieves and robbers to form Yi Zhi Mei, using "black" to fight "black" and stealing from the rich to aid the poor. They go on their missions, but he still drinks all the time and uses his actions to remember his dead wife. Because of his "drunk eyes," he could not see that another person was quietly watching, protecting, supporting, and caring for him...how many trials and hardships much he endure to realize that love had never left him? (note: i basically just liked the ending )

Yan San Niang:
    The (insert some military term i didn't quite understand) of Yi Zhi Mei, stealthy, expert at picking locks, stealing, etc. Used to be the famous thief of Peking "Yan Zhi Shen Tou", straightfoward, tomboyish, speaks her mind, never too feminine and hates rich spoiled girls! But the tough exterior is only to hide the weakness in her heart...because she was a child abandoned by the mother, the leader of EMei sect! So, she doesn't believe in love, doesn't believe that there is love and sentiment in humankind. Yet heaven planned for her to meet the world's hardest to deal with man, Li Ge Xiao. With Yi Zhi Mei, fighting crime every day and night, even though she doesn't believe in love, this drunkard in front of her is made of flesh and blood. a strong woman needs an even stronger man to conquer her. Her and LGX, are a war on who can conquer who! But, a woman is lovable because she is soft-hearted; the more aloof the man is, the more she falls for him! Because on this man SN found something much more valuable than romance: sacrifice! GX, in order to fix the relationship between her and her mother, for her happiness, was willing to die! SN was thawed, but also hopelessly despaired, because she had met an opponent she could never defeat: LGX's dead wife...
    (note: yeah, the ending's kinda depressing and gloomy...oh well )

side note: GX is supposed to be 35, and SN is only 23? That's a big age difference...i would never have put GX as that old, but i guess that makes sense, given all that he's been through...

thats it. hopefully it's pretty accurate, sorry for any mistakes!

WOW!!! That was Awesome Chinesechik!! Thanks a bunch for the indepth description of their characters...

Because of his "drunk eyes," he could not see that another person was quietly watching, protecting, supporting, and caring for him...how many trials and hardships much he endure to realize that love had never left him?
    SN was thawed, but also hopelessly despaired, because she had met an opponent she could never defeat: LGX's dead wife...
    You're right, these two sentences were really touching

Maybe they first tried filming the scene without the veil, which would mean SN lifting her veil might have been a last minute decision.
    Kinda wished to see that alternative scene. Bet SN was just staring at the emotionless LGX the whole time he was caring her...hehehe

I'm surprised Karen didn't release any videos of the BTS or bloopers like they did with their other series. Always get a kick of watching those...LOL
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-25-11 at 01:10 AM.

Wow, the character descriptions are more apt for that beautiful pre-release MV of Wallace/LGX and LSS/SN

I do understand what Hoju and Xiao Xiao mean by an understated "love". But is it going to be memorable? You will probably forget LGX/SN by the time Bu Bu comes out with HOT lovin' action between Kevin & LSS . Or will it be Nicky & LSS? Confusing...
    Last edited by kengyew; 01-25-11 at 01:08 PM.

2/3s of the way through this series. Of all the recent Wuxia serials to come out of mainland, including those I really anticipated like ROCH, HSDS, Meteor Butterfly Sword, this one has been the most entertaining.

Each episode has a Mission Impossible + A-Team feel to it. The martial arts choreography is very straightforward. No complex fight scenes, but that doesn't seem to be the focus of this series anyway.
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

Quote Originally Posted by MrIllusion View Post
    2/3s of the way through this series. Of all the recent Wuxia serials to come out of mainland, including those I really anticipated like ROCH, HSDS, Meteor Butterfly Sword, this one has been the most entertaining.

Each episode has a Mission Impossible + A-Team feel to it. The martial arts choreography is very straightforward. No complex fight scenes, but that doesn't seem to be the focus of this series anyway.
    Definitely! I've always preferred Li Guo Li's directing style over others (though a lot of forum members here prefer Zhang Ji Zhong who directed the series you mentioned). His wuxia choreography and story-telling is a lot more realistic, straightforward and may I add, contemporary and relevant to how people feel about relationships and stuff today. I believe his very first directing effort was TVB's 1982 Demigods & Semi-Devils, so his style is similar to TVB's 1980s era which is widely proclaimed as TVB's Golden Age.

That's why I much prefer Strange Hero to the Korean Iljimae which has a more Zhang Ji Zhong style.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-25-11 at 09:13 PM.

I'd say LGL's work has really improved from TLBB82. I didn't know it was directed by him and I didn't watch the whole thing either, but it felt really draggy.

I didn't see much ZJZ in Iljimae. The biggest difference I see in ZJZ from LGL is that ZJZ takes a more artistic and traditional approach, which I don't see in Iljimae. LGL's work is more modern, quick-paced, and straightforward. I prefer ZJZ's style (by a very small amount), but it's not just about the direction style because execution is important too. For me, LGL takes a slight edge in execution. Overall, it's quite difficult for me to chose one over the other.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

For those who are interested, it looks like Jiang Hu Fansubs will be subbing Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei. It was one of the winners in their latest poll
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

WOW!!! That was Awesome Chinesechik!! Thanks a bunch for the indepth description of their characters...
    awww thank you
    and no problem! i just hope i translated (mostly) right

great...so i can finally catch it without waiting for the dubbing...
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

OMG this series may have a sequel! It might be a while but I hope the sequel doesn't disappoint.
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

Quote Originally Posted by MrIllusion View Post
    OMG this series may have a sequel! It might be a while but I hope the sequel doesn't disappoint.
    It's been said the producer left out the least interesting unit from this series so they can base the sequel on it, that is if they decided on a sequel-all depends on the audience responses.

If they decided on a sequel, probably won't be til 2012...hehehe. I think they're filming Tian Zhi Hen next.

Another MV of LGX and SN (not made by me )
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-26-11 at 03:06 PM.

If they decided on a sequel, probably won't be til 2012...hehehe. I think they're filming Tian Zhi Hen next.
    I'd rather see a Strange Hero sequel than Tian Zhi Hen regardless of who's going to be in it. Unless there's a Wallace-LSS-Hu Ge love triangle. But there's a zero percent chance of that happening, especially since it doesn't even have anything to do with the plot. So I want a Strange Hero sequel!
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Unless there's a Wallace-LSS-Hu Ge love triangle.
    I guaranteed you, if this were to happen....people will forget about Strange Hero!!! LOL....

I do understand what Hoju and Xiao Xiao mean by an understated "love". But is it going to be memorable? You will probably forget LGX/SN by the time Bu Bu comes out with HOT lovin' action between Kevin & LSS...
    Probably not as memorable, because I think people would prefer the action of "love" ...hehehe

There's no way I'll forget about LGX-SN even after the Nicky-LSS-Kevin love triangle.

But you're right Xiao Xiao, even I'd forget about it after something as awesome as that. And there could be Hu Ge-Wallace bromance too! Wallace said that Hu Ge has been to his and that he thinks CP3 didn't have enough bromance. Hu Ge said that he'd momentarily think that it's him every time he saw someone with Wallace's car, and that he had this feeling from their first meeting. So a Hu Ge-LSS-Wallace series could have tons of Hu Ge-Wallace bromance, a Hu Ge-LSS kiss, Wallace finally responding to LSS's kiss, and other love triangle action.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    There's no way I'll forget about LGX-SN even after the Nicky-LSS-Kevin love triangle.

But you're right Xiao Xiao, even I'd forget about it after something as awesome as that. And there could be Hu Ge-Wallace bromance too! Wallace said that Hu Ge has been to his and that he thinks CP3 didn't have enough bromance. Hu Ge said that he'd momentarily think that it's him every time he saw someone with Wallace's car, and that he had this feeling from their first meeting. So a Hu Ge-LSS-Wallace series could have tons of Hu Ge-Wallace bromance, a Hu Ge-LSS kiss, Wallace finally responding to LSS's kiss, and other love triangle action.
    Yeah...even though we now all agree that Kevin Cheng is really handsome in Qing (definitely better than Yan Kuan in Qing Shi!), I still prefer LGX/SN to 8th/Ruoxi/4th. There's just something about a romance between rebels on the run and living on the edge of society that is sooo appealing.

Hu Ge-Wallace BTS chemistry on CP3 set...looks promising. But look at Ruby & Wallace's fabulous BTS chemistry on Qing Shi set...WOW! See the pics on Qing Shi's thread!