Page 47 of 84 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i think im gonna visualize wallace chung then

and NuDaFu, is GX going to be in your fanfic at all? or are GX/SN not going to be a pairing at all?
    What?! You are betraying adorable Peter Ho for Wallace Chung? I'm not a fan of the two Wallaces, but I do admit Wallace Huo is miles better than Wallace Chung who's perpetually squinting & scowling. Anyway, Li Ge Xiao looks pretty amazing with Tong Liya.

Who can ever beat Peter Ho as the OC in NuDaFu's fanfic? The fact that Ou Chen has the same initials says there is "yuan fen" (fate) in Peter being GX's hotter than hot rival-in-love . And LSS is so ULTRA COOL as SN that I concede she's the one lady for the perfect Ou Chen/Peter.

I'd say Nic Tse would be a great candidate too for SN's affections. I don't mind HXM either - at least LSS is shorter than him .

Internet novels are now the rage in China. Who knows - NuDaFu's Internet fanfic novel on GX-SN-OC may really be adapted by Tangren!
    Last edited by munianci; 01-13-11 at 11:16 AM.

SN & XM MV

That is a mighty fine MV you have put together munianci. Funny, emotional (in a heart-felt way), up-beat music...reminds me of how I feel when I eat tang yuan. I find exceptional MV's have great timing to maximise the effect of the message, namely this one. The MV clearly illustrates how in sync LSS & MTY is with each other too i.e. turning heads at the same moment.

Well done, municanci, well done.
    Hehehe, sorry to disappoint you NuDaFu, but the only credit I can take was posting the video up on youtube. I didn't make the video, and credit goes to the owner ...

NuDaFu, are you purposely avoiding my question? I am anxious to know who you have in mind as the OC?? Are you taking recommendations and votes??...hehehe

SN: Am I a debt?
    ZZ: No, you are a promise.
    Gosh! I can just imagine SN and ZZ speaking those lines already!! LOL....

Who can ever beat Peter Ho as the OC in NuDaFu's fanfic? The fact that Ou Chen has the same initials says there is "yuan fen" (fate) in Peter being GX's hotter than hot rival-in-love . And LSS is so ULTRA COOL as SN that I concede she's the one lady for the perfect Ou Chen/Peter.
    Sorry munianci, I can actually name quite a few that would be better than Peter (IMHO)

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Hmm...sounds like a methodist. Which I like, but Wallace hasn't convinced me with that response to the interview. If he had've said it's his job to portray a loving relationship whenever the camera starts rolling, I'd give him that. His comment makes it sound like falling in love is an emotional device that one can switch on and off whenever is needed. Then again, he could be joking. Can't tell without hearing the inflections in his voice when he said this.
    I think you're overthinking his words. I wouldn't say he's a method actor, probably the opposite, since he doesn't draw emotions from his own person, but becomes the character. And he's also once said that one of the reasons he chooses acting over singing now is because he's a really boring person and acting is about being someone else, which isn't as boring to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Drgirleam View Post
    Dragon Heiress, I'm guessing you're a HUGE Wallace fan like me! Hehehe So I thought I'd share these with you. You've probably already seen them, but what the heck. Looking at him makes my day!Attachment 7559
    LOL, yep. Thank you for posting that! I've already seen it, but I like going through pictures I've already seen anyways.

NuDaFu, from the details that you've posted can I assume that this is going to be a chaptered fic?
    I agree that Strange Hero didn't do a very good job with linking everything to the final case. It seems like they planned the earlier cases individually and tried to make the final one incorporate everyone in the series after.

I've written a TLBB DY-MWQ au fanfic before, but it's soooooooooo bad.
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 01-13-11 at 05:20 PM.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Sorry munianci, I can actually name quite a few that would be better than Peter (IMHO)
    yeah...i'm gonna have to go with xiao xiao on this one. sorry munianci! i mean, i love peter and all, but there's just some roles and people i see him fitting with and some i just...dont. and imagining ou chen with SN would just be weird. i think.

WOW tangren is so sneaky! the article mentions that they purposely withheld one more case (i'm assuming thats where SN's unseen dress comes from) that talked about the character's backstories and such so that if the series were popular they would have something to go by if/when they filmed a sequel. and the "production company" (thats what it said in the article - i'm assuming that means tangren right?) basically already confirmed that they're getting ready to film a sequel. idk how reliable the source is, but this just made my day

If they decide to make a sequel, that would be absolutely amazing!
    I really want to see how SN's unseen costume comes in. And there's that scene we saw some bits of, when XM's singing onstage outside and it's daytime, and then he has a one-on-one talk with LGX. And possibly the scene where SN looks at the sky thoughtfully, and then closes her eyes+leans back. LSS looks incredibly beautiful there.
    But they said that it could possibly be a movie sequel. I really hope that if this is true, we get an entire series rather than a movie.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Yeah, let's cross our fingers! Here's another article from a much more reliable news source:
    http://news.xinmin.cn/rollnews/2011/01/14/8881315.html

Basically in the article, Strange Hero is a "dark horse" in the ratings game. It's now at No. 6 on CSM ratings table - well, much better than the first week! But I have no idea why Zhang Ming Ming is getting all the attention rather than our beloved ZZ.

Article is saying Tangren is considering the sequel - could be either a series or a movie. Not sure yet...depends on the reception.

Well, Zhang Ming Ming was pretty awesome. He really has "feng du", not sure how that term is said in English. If he wasn't SN's half-brother, I would have really shipped them. Maybe I'll ship them anyways, since I ship Arthur-Morgana in Merlin.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i46.tinypic.com/egsuav.jpg')
    And just wondering who did this girl play? I don't remember seeing her.
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 01-13-11 at 10:33 PM.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

甚至男主角霍建华都曾多次因张明明的“媚眼”慌了神而NG,并开玩笑说,“请你不要正视我,你这双眼睛太坏 事了”
    LOL. This was in the article xiaolong posted.

After the part LGX becomes blind I noticed that throughout the entire series, Wallace didn't seem to be looking directly at people when he was giving his lines, but rather looking thoughtfully into space.

It suits the character, put I remember he once said that in very serious scenes, if he and another actor look into each other's eyes for a bit, he'll burst out laughing. LGX's a pretty serious character, so that might be why he was looking away for so much of the series. And he said that in Detective Tang Lang, he made agreements with his costars that in serious scenes, they can't look each other in the eye for too long. Apparently, he has a huge NG problem in serious scenes.
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 01-13-11 at 10:43 PM.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

I do agree that Wallace and LSS were lacking chemistry in the scenes they have(also, keep in mind their characters too-LGX is a cold hero and SN is a spunky heroine, given their personalities, the lovey-dovey mushy stuff is just not them), but could it be different(in terms of Wallace and LSS's chemistry) if they get the opportunity for the passionate moments and an actual kissing scenes together? Maybe or maybe not, we'll never know....ehheeh To me, they didn't get that opportunity, just think, they didn't get to hold hands until epi. 28...and poof! The series ended....hehehe
    It's not about touching. It all boils down to script + personal chemistry. E.g. HXM and LYF didn't have chemistry in ROCH despite their over-the-top passionate moments. In SNYJJ, Yelu Xie & Guan Hong never touched, but had better chemistry than the main couples.

Unfortunately for LSS, Tong Liya's presence took away all the love in Strange Hero. I didn't think she even needed to kiss him for the love vibe.

But as LSS revealed in the interview, the ambiguity on the love thing is intentional.

It's not about touching. It all boils down to script + personal chemistry. E.g. HXM and LYF didn't have chemistry in ROCH despite their over-the-top passionate moments. In SNYJJ, Yelu Xie & Guan Hong never touched, but had better chemistry than the main couples.
    Hehehe...I agree with you with HXM and LYF, but many would s0000o disagree with you on their chemistry. Many fans love their coupling to death!!..LOL
    However, I will have to disagree with Yelu/Guan Hong....I see nothing at all Anyways, I didn't mean to sound like I'm basing the "chemistry" on only touch, cuz that's not solely what I was getting at...told you I'm not good at getting my points across...I'll just let it be

Dragon, Zhang Ming Ming was the eye patch guy? So, he's SN's half brother? I'm confused..hehehe

So, I've been meaning to ask this...I read so many people use this word here and in other forum. What does "shipped" mean? Excuse my dumbness
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-13-11 at 11:57 PM.

Actually i would like to see the sequel made into a movie. 2011 marks the first year that Tangren will be producing movies. Who's to say you can't see much in a movie? All boils down to a great, tight and satisfactory script.

"Shipped" means "to side with".
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-14-11 at 12:42 AM.

^That's what I thought it meant thanks for confirming xiaolong.

Zhang Ming Ming's not bad looking without the eye patch
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2s6mr0k.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/b7j8ls.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/8ych8o.jpg')

He could make it to the sequel since his character didn't die...

Hehehe...I agree with you with HXM and LYF, but many would s0000o disagree with you on their chemistry. Many fans love their coupling to death!!..LOL
    Both of them were individually beautiful, that's why. They just weren't beautiful together . It's just the case that if so-and-so is your favourite actor, you yearn to see him have chemistry with your favourite actress, but it doesn't always work that way.

As much as I like Peter Ho, I must admit he wasn't beautiful together with LSS in Young Warriors and Lu Xiao Feng even with the hand-holding and lovey dovey dialogue. Oh well...only in my dreams.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao
    Hehehe, sorry to disappoint you NuDaFu, but the only credit I can take was posting the video up on youtube. I didn't make the video, and credit goes to the owner
    I was commending munianci, err, unless you and munianci are the same poster? I saw the Youtube clip was posted by munianci so I assumed that was where the credit was due. Munianci, if this paragraph that mentions your name 4 times doesn't catch your attention, I don't know what will .

NuDaFu, are you purposely avoiding my question? I am anxious to know who you have in mind as the OC?? Are you taking recommendations and votes??...hehehe
    I answered it. At the moment it's more music than a character. 'Flower Letter' inspired the pivotal moment when DKS really came alive to me. I thought about it a bit more today, probably a blend of Steven Ma's 'Eight Immortals' look + Qiao Zhen Yu's dark/eccentric 'Ou Yang Ming Ri' from Xu Hua Nu Shen Long + Kenshin's quirky humour and raw talent (Rurouni Kenshin is a Japanese anime that rocked the anime world with Richter reading of 10 I'd say).

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress
    I wouldn't say he's a method actor, probably the opposite, since he doesn't draw emotions from his own person, but becomes the character. And he's also once said that one of the reasons he chooses acting over singing now is because he's a really boring person and acting is about being someone else, which isn't as boring to watch.
    Ah, I assumed when he comments that he falls in love with co-stars, it's an internal vice his using (i.e. Methodist) rather than a production of the emotion/effect from external triggers.

NuDaFu, from the details that you've posted can I assume that this is going to be a chaptered fic?
    I agree that Strange Hero didn't do a very good job with linking everything to the final case. It seems like they planned the earlier cases individually and tried to make the final one incorporate everyone in the series after.

I've written a TLBB DY-MWQ au fanfic before, but it's soooooooooo bad.
    Yes, my first chaptered fic! Seems sensible considering sub-plot factor.

No, I think production did have some major plot in mind, with LGX-RY-YWQ being central to it. They just didn't pace and develop it with finesse. I can appreciate how difficult it may be because I'm struggling at the moment to do the same thing. Trying to achieve balance between depth and impact without going over-the-top is a fine yet frustrating endeavour.

Where did you post your TLBB fanfic Dragon Heiress? I usually find writers who believe their own work bad at least displays humility or perfectionism...which means the writing is better than they actually think it is. I find JY based storylines good platforms to work from. There is a lot of depth to be explored in JY's characters, relationships and even martial arts. I wrote some GJ & HR stuff just to explore the JY 'genre'...unbelievably mushy. By my own standards anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao
    Zhang Ming Ming was the eye patch guy? So, he's SN's half brother? I'm confused..hehehe
    There was speculation that Yan Song was SN's father, so ZMM could be assumed to be her half-brother.

I thought ZMM looked quite striking. His acting gets a little forceful at times though.

Quote Originally Posted by munianci
    Internet novels are now the rage in China. Who knows - NuDaFu's Internet fanfic novel on GX-SN-OC may really be adapted by Tangren!
    I know internet novels are a rage. I imagine they are ones written in Chinese. I would love to write a Wuxia in Chinese, but my written Chinese is rudimentary at best. I can think in Chinese, so I'm writing this Strange Hero fanfic with a Chinese running dialogue in mind, but the written product in English...strange process indeed. Although, I think describing martial arts scenes will always work better in English than Chinese - my command of anatomical and biomechanical terminology will always be stronger in the former.

Interesting point though, because I usually write like it's a script rather than novel. I find dialogue more versatile than pages and pages of exposition. Unless it's a martial arts scene of course .
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 01-14-11 at 09:02 AM.

I was commending munianci, err, unless you and munianci are the same poster? I saw the Youtube clip was posted by munianci so I assumed that was where the credit was due. Munianci, if this paragraph that mentions your name 4 times doesn't catch your attention, I don't know what will .
    Sorry for the confusion NuDaFu. Liu Xiao Xiao is actually the great "munianci" on YouTube with the most wonderful collection of LSS/Tangren MVs and series in the online world. I am "munianci" on spcnet. I use my dad's YouTube account (which is another name) bcos I have yet to get one as I'm now studying in China where YouTube & Google are blocked and YouKu & Sina rules. My feel is that both Liu Xiao Xiao and I took the name "munianci" after watching LSS in action on LOCH, only to realise later we much prefer "yansanniang".

Actually something crossed my mind - don't you think Hu Ge will make a great love rival to heat up LGX? Not a fan of Hu Ge's looks, but he does look quite similar to Wallace Huo. And since LSS had such great (ahem!) romantic chemistry with Hu Ge in CP3, why not? Except that in your fanfic, Hu Ge shouldn't be a villain (he just can't) but an upright official's son whose dad was wronged/framed by SN's baddie real dad...HMMMM! Romeo & Juliet!!
    Last edited by munianci; 01-14-11 at 01:00 PM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Actually something crossed my mind - don't you think Hu Ge will make a great love rival to heat up LGX? Not a fan of Hu Ge's looks, but he does look quite similar to Wallace Huo. And since LSS had such great (ahem!) romantic chemistry with Hu Ge in CP3, why not?
    Now this is an AWESOME idea!!! I second that!

Maybe this video could help encourage with the Hu Ge coupling..
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-14-11 at 07:54 PM.

Where did you post your TLBB fanfic Dragon Heiress? I usually find writers who believe their own work bad at least displays humility or perfectionism...which means the writing is better than they actually think it is. I find JY based storylines good platforms to work from. There is a lot of depth to be explored in JY's characters, relationships and even martial arts. I wrote some GJ & HR stuff just to explore the JY 'genre'...unbelievably mushy. By my own standards anyway.
    I didn't post it because it really wasn't worth posting. In all honesty, it is really, really bad. It was my first wuxia fanfic (and only to date) so I didn't manage to genre too well. Awkward descriptions of fight scenes + ideas that were swinging between two languages didn't really work out.

I agree that JY storylines are good platforms, especially since he provides so much backstory (which can be both a blessing and a curse). His works always give me lots of plot bunnies, but I've decided not to re-attempt wuxia fanfiction until I find an idea that I can actually imagine fully developed.

I keep getting ideas for a possible San Niang-Yan Si Fan fanfic, but probability of incest is just too high.
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 01-14-11 at 05:06 PM.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Well, Zhang Ming Ming was pretty awesome. He really has "feng du", not sure how that term is said in English. If he wasn't SN's half-brother, I would have really shipped them. Maybe I'll ship them anyways, since I ship Arthur-Morgana in Merlin.
    Dragon Heiress, you watch Merlin?? haha i kinda ship arthur-morgana too! except now i kinda ship merlin-morgana and gwen's growing on me. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    After the part LGX becomes blind I noticed that throughout the entire series, Wallace didn't seem to be looking directly at people when he was giving his lines, but rather looking thoughtfully into space.

It suits the character, put I remember he once said that in very serious scenes, if he and another actor look into each other's eyes for a bit, he'll burst out laughing. LGX's a pretty serious character, so that might be why he was looking away for so much of the series. And he said that in Detective Tang Lang, he made agreements with his costars that in serious scenes, they can't look each other in the eye for too long. Apparently, he has a huge NG problem in serious scenes.
    haha i've never noticed that before but that's really funny