Page 43 of 84 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

hehe...sorry for the rant. i guess i kinda got carried away
    Don't apologize! I like your rant....rant all you want!! LOL...Heck, I want everybody to rant...that way I can understand what's going on and be less disappointed..hehehe

Already I've been getting comments on youtube in epi. 30 that they were disappointed on Wallace and LSS screentime, and wanted a sequel
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-07-11 at 06:32 PM.

^yeah, sequel would definitely be preferable
    they did leave so much leeway for a sequel, it's almost expected now. i mean, them going off on their next case + SN and GX just getting together = amazing plotline for sequel. SN/GX could be like an awesome crime-solving couple and have to deal with their relationship issues while fighting evil! that would be aweomse

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Is this when they were eating, after the talk and stare, SN got shy and left? Where did she say she was going?
    LGX and SN stare intently at each other (music starts up).
    LGX: Things here can be handled by just me alone.
    SN: You want me to look into the Mei Mei and Chai Hu's situation?
    LGX: Yes, I am really worried with them in there (prison).
    (more intense staring)
    SN: (a little shy) Alright, don't keep staring at me. I'll go right away. Don't worry.
    LGX: Ok. Be careful. Take care of yourself.
    SN: You don't need to worry. I will come back safe and sound.
    LGX: (smile) [my commentary: I love his little 1/2 smiles!]
    And then he stares after her as she leaves.

Turns out he was using an excuse to get her away from the danger. He arranged for the soldiers to come back to get the king, and he knew it was risky. SN realized it when she was in the forest alone, and she suddenly thought, "He never stares at me that way."

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao
    And what was the argument in the forest before he grabbed her wrist?...Do translate if you got the time!!! Thanks!
    OK, my favourite scene yet. In fact, ep. 28 is my favourite so far (although I still have 29 and 30 to go). From the beginning of that scene:

SN: You lied to me again!
    LGX: I didn't lie. I really did need you to find out what the situation is with Chai Hu, et al.
    SN: But you had planned on leaving me.
    LGX: But didn't you come back anyway? And you helped me clean up the situation.
    SN: But before, you didn't think escape was possible.
    LGX: I did, but I had calculated it out. With my abilities, I should be able to escape.
    SN: You still won't admit you're wrong. You never consider other people's feelings! Don't think you're always right! Don't bear everything on your own shoulders! If you continue to do that, I really will ignore you.
    (SN turns away. LGX grabs her wrist, then holds her hand. )
    LGX: I'm sorry. I was wrong. Don't be angry anymore. Let's go rescue Chai Hu and the others.
    Last edited by Hoju!; 01-07-11 at 07:37 PM.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

I just finished episode 27, so I'm still behind. From the moment Zheng Dong Liu told everyone to leave the place and that he'd hold off Yin Wu Qiu, I didn't stop crying until the end of the episode. And LGX's reaction was just heartbreaking...

Off to watch episode 28 now.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

ceterumcenseo, did you watch all the episodes to the end then? I'm trying to identify some scenes from the BTS that I didn't see or may have missed.

Such as, did you see SN climbed on the side of the mountain? It was in the trailer, did you see that?
    Also, LGX and SN were supposed to walk through some blossom trees (not the ending) holding hands, then a pigeon landed and SN picked up the pigeon from a rock?
    I did watch all the episodes, but I skimmed somewhat on less *ahem* interesting scenes. I think I saw most of the scenes from preview and mv. Hmmm ... I don't remember the pigeon and the blossom trees.

I am a staunch LGX/RY supporter! Don't be so mean to them, people! I really thought the flashbacks were the best part of the series, encompassing love, sacrifice and loss. An HD mv from me is on the way for this couple! I'll probably also do a LGX/SN one.

Ugh, what's his name looked DEAD at the end, BEFORE he died. Purple fingernails and lips, the result of what he was inhaling?

Hoju!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....thanks for sharing. I knew that scene had to be sweet!! hehehe

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....thanks for sharing. I knew that scene had to be sweet!! hehehe
    Not enough for me. Still something he could have done for a BFF rather than a lover.

Sucks that all of us have to dig, sniff, elaborate etc to conjure up the love story from the very little that we have.

Will Tangren really do a sequel? How come none for Young Warriors which was even more open ended? CP3 wasn't a sequel to CP1 - more of a standalone series.

Sucks that all of us have to dig, sniff, elaborate etc to conjure up the love story from the very little that we have.
    hahaha...sad huh??

Well, this could be the first time Tangren do a sequel if the demands are high enough...

Wow, Ma Tianyu and Shi Yan Neng(Chai Hu) have finally been added to Dramawiki because of this series

Ma Tianyu: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ma_Tian_Yu
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-07-11 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    ^yeah, sequel would definitely be preferable
    they did leave so much leeway for a sequel, it's almost expected now. i mean, them going off on their next case + SN and GX just getting together = amazing plotline for sequel. SN/GX could be like an awesome crime-solving couple and have to deal with their relationship issues while fighting evil! that would be aweomse
    In that case, I also want a Young Warriors sequel!!!! . If Karen really wanted a women drama, she should have done Yang Women Warriors instead of TYZN. I'm sure YH-LSS would have MUCH preferred fighting with tough warrior chicks .

If they do a Strange Hero sequel, I rather they leave out the relationship issues and just get them married. Had enough of it here. I mean why not? - two of the Fantastic Four were married to each other, right?

I hope they release an uncut version of Strange Hero for more fleshing out of the missing LGX-SN parts (like the mountain climbing thing Xiao Xiao pointed out) - AND Xiaomei's Chinese Ghost Story . I didn't think it's a great idea for them to broadcast Strange Hero in Jan, so close to Chinese New Year (which is early this year) - that's why they were only given 30 slots, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    Not enough for me. Still something he could have done for a BFF rather than a lover.

Will Tangren really do a sequel? How come none for Young Warriors which was even more open ended? CP3 wasn't a sequel to CP1 - more of a standalone series.
    well, i mean, for young warriors, i think they claimed that there was already some series out there titled "yang men nu jiang" about the wives and the 8th daughter when she grows up, so they weren't going to film basically the same thing again. although i would've loved to see a sequel to that
    with this series, though, its not based on history or anything; if they really wanted to and they could come up with another few cases and a good script, i can totally see tangren filming a sequel. if the series becomes popular enough, that is.

No wayyyyyyyyyyyyy...leaving out the relationship? I very much enjoyed their little cute bickerings..hehe
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-07-11 at 11:28 PM.

well, i mean, for young warriors, i think they claimed that there was already some series out there titled "yang men nu jiang" about the wives and the 8th daughter when she grows up, so they weren't going to film basically the same thing again.
    Sorry about going on about Young Warriors (my favourite series ever! *embarassed*), but wasn't Yang Men Nu Jiang done in the late 1990s by TVB and not Tangren, and had a completely different story that didn't follow from Tangren's Young Warriors? Huayi already did LOCH but that didn't stop Tangren from doing their version of LOCH. A lot of people (including myself) petitioned to Karen's weibo for the longest time about a Young Warriors sequel, but obviously she didn't listen.

OK, back to a possible Strange Hero sequel - Iljimae was a phenomenal success throughout Asia, but I have yet to see a sequel. I think it helps to leave messages on Karen's weibo - she does read them and is pretty sensitive to what people say in the tieba threads, though she can be a stubborn little lady .

Cute BTS - at 3:23 the reporter asked if LSS is like SN (looking at how enthusiastic she was about the character), and LSS voice-over said she could be very much like SN!! (all the more I feel sorry for her having to take on Bu Bu's flower-vase-constantly-crying Ruoxi role)
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-07-11 at 11:28 PM.

Why are you embarrassed about liking Young Warriors??? I think everybody LOVES that series....it's the best Yang Warrior series I've watched, but I don't know about a sequel, IMO sequels tend not to be good as the original so why destroy it?

Watch this BTS again..

The mountain swinging is at 1:04
    LGX/SN holding hand strolling/SN picking up a pigeon at 3:13

And I wondered if this was part of the series...or just picture of SN taken off-screen?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/14vpwqq.jpg')

Cute BTS - at 3:23 the reporter asked if LSS is like SN (looking at how enthusiastic she was about the character), and LSS voice-over said she could be very much like SN!! (all the more I feel sorry for her having to take on Bu Bu's flower-vase-constantly-crying Ruoxi role)
    Is Bu Bu following the novel exactly? I hope they alter Ruoxi's characteristic not to be that weak and annoying...arrrghhhh But at least she will be getting all the love by multiple men, and not just ordinary men....PRINCES!!!! The first for LSS to be in a love triangle I think..oh wait, she was in a love triangle in LOCH was she not? I mean Ouyang Ke loved her didn't he?....hehehe

I think I just changed my mind again....I am looking for all the lovin' in Bu Bu cuz I didn't see it in this series!!
    *sigh* I don't know why I was surprised with the lack of romance between LGX/SN though. I already knew the storyline from the beginning and that LSS/SN will love the guy more than he loves her(again), just like her roles in other series...

Did you guys noticed??
    Both of the villains were wearing Yang Kang and Lin Mufei's outfit in epi. 30? LOL....
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-08-11 at 12:35 AM.

^ aww i loved that hand holding scene! when he first took her wrist and then started to hold her hand and then i realized that he was actually holding her hand throughout that whole conversation. so cute

^ aww i loved that hand holding scene! when he first took her wrist and then started to hold her hand and then i realized that he was actually holding her hand throughout that whole conversation. so cute
    You're talking about the hand holding in the forest right? But I think the hand holding in the BTS above was deleted The sceneries were totally different...

You're talking about the hand holding in the forest right? But I think the hand holding in the BTS above was deleted The sceneries were totally different...
    Are you talking about the hand-holding at 3:13 in the BTS (post #853)? If so, it wasn't deleted. It's in ep. 28. Around 34:20 in your Youtube upload. Lots of hand holding in ep. 28!!
    Last edited by Hoju!; 01-08-11 at 01:51 AM.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

I'm going to petition to Karen's weibo everyday for a sequel. Hey, how about having YH as the next bad guy in the sequel but this time (unlike Edwin n guy in white) trying to steal SN/LSS away from LGX/Wallace? Won't that be SOOOOO COOL!!!!!!

Everyone, petition, petition, petition for that sequel!!!! Go to t.sina.com.cn/karentsoi52

OMG! How the heck did I manage to miss that scene!!!!!LOL...
    Thanks kengyew! Gotta go watch now

After Bu Bu, I don't think Karen would want to have anything to do with YH......
    However, I think I want to see Hu Ge in it now ...hehehe. He needs to do ancient dramas, I think he is better at it...and back to Tangren projects. Don't really liked his non-Tangren series.

Edit: Okay, I know why I didn't see that scene...hehehe, cuz I somehow totally skpped the last part of epi. 28! I also missed the part where all the other people they helped before showed up. Don't know why, but I got this tingling feeling when Zhang Zhong showed on his horse and automatically want him to look at SN..LOL
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-08-11 at 01:54 AM.

So, now that I've watched everything, I'm going to offer my opinion on the romance department. LGX/RY falls more along the lines of Xiao Long Nu/Yang Guo in ROCH (although not nearly as dramatic). It is a 轰轰烈烈 (love outwardly, like being shaken by thunder or burned by fire) type of love. It is dramatic and memorable because all of the things that happen. You know about the love because there are so many things that you can see. I think of "愛得死去活来."

As for LGX/SN, the love is treasured within the heart, 不用常掛在嘴邊 (doesn't need to be worn on the lips all the time). It suits the quieter, more mature LGX. And honestly, SN wouldn't be so cool if she was crying over love all the time, nor would LGX be the cool, calm LGX of 5 years later if he was dramatic about his love. The fact that he showed up to save SN and not the country says it all (and he still did it in his cool, level-headed way), that he cares deeply for SN, and she's not second place to RY -- just a different place. Their love is more subtle, in the stares, the day-to-day care. Sure, it's like BFF as well, but I'm the type that believes the one you love should be your BFF also.

I prefer the subtle love more, maybe because the melodramatic type has been done so many times in wuxia already. Of course, I wouldn't mind a confession of love from LGX, but I don't need the weepy love scenes. The love that is 尽在不言中 (within the moments without words) touches me more.

Now in terms of onscreen chemistry, I do admit Wallace and Tong Liya had more spark.
    Last edited by Hoju!; 01-08-11 at 01:54 AM.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Did you guys noticed??
    Both of the villains were wearing Yang Kang and Lin Mufei's outfit in epi. 30? LOL....
    YES! Well...I only noticed the Yang Kang outfit (blue patterned) but thanks for pointing out the LMF outfit as well!