Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: So you had a bad day...

  1. #1
    Senior Member pemberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    pimptown, USA
    Posts
    4,308

    Default So you had a bad day...

    so we all have bad days, but there's usually someone who's having a worse day than you.

    So name something bad that happened to you today, and maybe we can all compare and put in in perspective.

    i put my lunch (quesadilla) in my handbag, and it leaked through a layer of tin foil, and a paper bag to the fabric lining of my leather handbag. it's going to take $100 to clean.
    nytimes: Every hr you have 10 minutes where youíre not doing anything productive at work, & you canít look at porn. So you make a comment & fulfill this desire to show yourself off as a smarty-pants.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    My manager sent out the wrong schedule, so I was "late" to work today.

    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    i put my lunch (quesadilla) in my handbag, and it leaked through a layer of tin foil, and a paper bag to the fabric lining of my leather handbag. it's going to take $100 to clean.
    A similar thing happened to me once, except it was quesadilla sauce that ended up on my brand new white pants (yes, they had to be white AND brand new) - they were never the same again. I hope your story turns out better, though.

  3. #3
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    I'm still procrastinating and not doing much on the cover letter and resume front. This can be fixed if I get myself to focus.


    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post

    i put my lunch (quesadilla) in my handbag, and it leaked through a layer of tin foil, and a paper bag to the fabric lining of my leather handbag. it's going to take $100 to clean.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
    Therefore, next time you should have like a small plastic bag, which you put the quesadilla in, so even if it leaked through the tin foil wrap and out to the plastic bag. The leakage still remains in the plastic bag and instead of your handbang.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  4. #4
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    so we all have bad days, but there's usually someone who's having a worse day than you.

    So name something bad that happened to you today, and maybe we can all compare and put in in perspective.

    i put my lunch (quesadilla) in my handbag, and it leaked through a layer of tin foil, and a paper bag to the fabric lining of my leather handbag. it's going to take $100 to clean.
    On a positive note, I'm glad the scent of the leak didn't attract Godzilla
    ________________________________________________

    The unpleasant smell caused by the oil leakage haunts my nose. And, so many things to do.... schoolwork...
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 05-27-10 at 12:07 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Lucre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    両親の家
    Posts
    631

    Default

    i'd always used lunchbox and dedicated lunchbag...when bringing sauce or gravy, it would be tied up in a plastic bag before putting into the lunchbox.

    once i had some vinegar and it wasnt tied tightly, it leaked and caused my lunchbag to stink of vinegar. well - the lunchbag isnt some expensive handbag so it can go safely into a washing machine ^_^
    o wilku mowa...♪

    The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

  6. #6
    Senior Member HuangYushi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Under a pile of work ....
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Didn't have a bad day, but had an annoying experience on the way home today.

    We drive on the left. Some idiot who was driving leisurely behind me for quite a while suddenly decided to rush out and overtake me on the left just as I was going to take a left turn! (The indicator was on). Stupid guy honked at me and pushed ahead, causing me to hit the brakes to stop moving left and then pull the car sharply to the right. Then, he just drove off ... at a LEISURELY pace!

    Needless to say, I missed the left turn and so had to take another route home.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

  7. #7
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    I didn't have a bad day yesterday, since it was my boyfriend's and my anniversary. Lots of couply things and Iron Man 2 (Scarlett Johansson is just incredibly hot).
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  8. #8
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    I didn't have a bad day yesterday, since it was my boyfriend's and my anniversary. Lots of couply things and Iron Man 2 (Scarlett Johansson is just incredibly hot).
    Scarlett Johansson is pretty popular with her nickname, "the walking sex doll". Hot, is an understatement.... for her! Haha!
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 05-27-10 at 08:43 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  9. #9
    Senior Member pemberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    pimptown, USA
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    I didn't have a bad day yesterday, since it was my boyfriend's and my anniversary. Lots of couply things and Iron Man 2 (Scarlett Johansson is just incredibly hot).
    xjadedx is here to gloat! we already know she's hot with a hot boyfriend! now she's rubbing it in with her lovey dovey ness!
    nytimes: Every hr you have 10 minutes where youíre not doing anything productive at work, & you canít look at porn. So you make a comment & fulfill this desire to show yourself off as a smarty-pants.

  10. #10
    Senior Member ByTmE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    District of Columbia
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    xjadedx is here to gloat! we already know she's hot with a hot boyfriend! now she's rubbing it in with her lovey dovey ness!
    don't hate j/k

    All my days are a blur. My brother told me a funny story though.

    Yesterday morning, the new girl that was shadowing him hit on him all morning. He was informed by the dean that girl was a married woman. The dean laughed at him.

    Then he went to have lunch with a casual female friend from work and she hit on him too. She's married.

    Later, that day he got a call from a high school friend where he was forced to talk her out of attempting to cheat on her husband. This was after she propositioned him for a late afternoon nookie.

    Then when he got home later that night, a good friend's girlfriend FB chatted him and was REALLY trying to cheat on her boyfriend...with THE BROTHER as target. I laughed at him.

    Well, actually I laughed throughout the entire thing when he told me. ..................

    Was that considered a bad day? Certainly morally troubling, the brother will not be taking up any of the offers, he's not that terrible. LoL
    I like me.

  11. #11
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    xjadedx is here to gloat! we already know she's hot with a hot boyfriend! now she's rubbing it in with her lovey dovey ness!
    LOL ... nah. I just had a good day yesterday.
    Today - well, it's still good, just a couple of minor issues with work-related stuff. My pizza was disgusting though, ewww.

    Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    don't hate j/k

    All my days are a blur. My brother told me a funny story though.

    Yesterday morning, the new girl that was shadowing him hit on him all morning. He was informed by the dean that girl was a married woman. The dean laughed at him.

    Then he went to have lunch with a casual female friend from work and she hit on him too. She's married.

    Later, that day he got a call from a high school friend where he was forced to talk her out of attempting to cheat on her husband. This was after she propositioned him for a late afternoon nookie.

    Then when he got home later that night, a good friend's girlfriend FB chatted him and was REALLY trying to cheat on her boyfriend...with THE BROTHER as target. I laughed at him.

    Well, actually I laughed throughout the entire thing when he told me. ..................

    Was that considered a bad day? Certainly morally troubling, the brother will not be taking up any of the offers, he's not that terrible. LoL
    Your brother must be quite the guy to get all these propositions. Good for him though for not taking any offers.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  12. #12
    Senior Member kay &!*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    so we all have bad days, but there's usually someone who's having a worse day than you.

    So name something bad that happened to you today, and maybe we can all compare and put in in perspective.

    i put my lunch (quesadilla) in my handbag, and it leaked through a layer of tin foil, and a paper bag to the fabric lining of my leather handbag. it's going to take $100 to clean.
    wana hear something worse?

    i was late for my train at south station && picked up a small clam chowder from... fk i forgot the name of the place!? (perhaps been in aussie for too long LOL goodness..). anyways, i figured i'd eat it on the train, i was starvinggg. but i had to carry a whole bunch of other shit as well so i figured since the soup was in a plastic bowl+lid, inside a bag, i can put it in my handbag and make a dash for the train...

    got on the train and found out the soup spilled all over!! LOL HAHA, honestly, i must've been on crack that day, don't know what i was thinking. so i had no soup+on the train for an hour until i can clean up at destination. thank god i didn't have any important things in the handbag beside my wallet, but there wasn't much on the wallet lol. and the handbag was a cheap one.

    never again *shakes head* FML
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  13. #13
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    Didn't have a bad day, but had an annoying experience on the way home today.

    We drive on the left. Some idiot who was driving leisurely behind me for quite a while suddenly decided to rush out and overtake me on the left just as I was going to take a left turn! (The indicator was on). Stupid guy honked at me and pushed ahead, causing me to hit the brakes to stop moving left and then pull the car sharply to the right. Then, he just drove off ... at a LEISURELY pace!

    Needless to say, I missed the left turn and so had to take another route home.
    i know how annoyed you feel, because that happened to me too! i was ahead of this guy by a good distance, i put my light on that i wanted to get in front of him, but right as i started to switch lanes he sped up and honked! i had to pull back into my lane!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    i took out my wallet and realize that one key is lost. I have been searching it for the last 30 mins and still it has not "appeared". Where are you, my dear key?

  15. #15
    Senior Member pemberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    pimptown, USA
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    i went outlet shopping and bought a shirt. i came home, tried it on and it doesn't fit. i'm not spending 15 dollars on gas to return a 17 dollar shirt. -_-
    nytimes: Every hr you have 10 minutes where youíre not doing anything productive at work, & you canít look at porn. So you make a comment & fulfill this desire to show yourself off as a smarty-pants.

  16. #16
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Caterpillar season now, yuck.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    so we all have bad days, but there's usually someone who's having a worse day than you.

    So name something bad that happened to you today, and maybe we can all compare and put in in perspective.

    i put my lunch (quesadilla) in my handbag, and it leaked through a layer of tin foil, and a paper bag to the fabric lining of my leather handbag. it's going to take $100 to clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    My manager sent out the wrong schedule, so I was "late" to work today.

    A similar thing happened to me once, except it was quesadilla sauce that ended up on my brand new white pants (yes, they had to be white AND brand new) - they were never the same again. I hope your story turns out better, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    i went outlet shopping and bought a shirt. i came home, tried it on and it doesn't fit. i'm not spending 15 dollars on gas to return a 17 dollar shirt. -_-
    This kind of things are very petty. Something people will forget about it in a few days.

  18. #18
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    No shit, Sherlock?
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  19. #19
    Senior Member ByTmE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    District of Columbia
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    No shit, Sherlock?
    ::blink::blink::blink:: LoL! ...hey how come there's not ::blink 3x:: smiley?

    Today I got lost and drove through two states to get home while suffering from food coma...but then again it was only VA to DC to MD...so it was all of 50 minutes or so...wait DC is not a state...

    I had to be away from home the entire weekend even though all I wanted to do was blob around...some friends of my brother's totally ruined my pre-planned unproductive weekend...b!itches.

    On a happier note, I restaurant hopped...however, I will be paying for it later with more laps at the pool and a whopping $600 added to my credit card bill...hmm will cry about it later...
    I like me.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    This kind of things are very petty. Something people will forget about it in a few days.
    It's good to see that Captain Obvious isn't sleeping on the job.

    I drove back home in the pouring rain today - it was very difficult to see even though I wasn't driving all that fast. The shoulders were practically flooded.

Similar Threads

  1. One Fine Day
    By Sunlight_zero36 in forum Japanese/Korean Dramas
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-04-12, 04:17 AM
  2. Quote of the Day (Gulong)
    By Ren Wo Xing in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-09, 10:30 PM
  3. The Day the Earth Stood Still
    By beansprouts in forum Movies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-19-08, 11:01 AM
  4. D Freakin Day
    By sarakoth in forum Academia
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-07, 06:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •