Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wu Lin Wai Shi

There are I think 44 chapters from the online version I'm translating (eck, I've seen 20 different book versions..). I hope to do about half to one chapter a week...currently not going anywhere because having exams for these 2 weeks ^^;

Jin BuHuan walked on last and tugged on Xu RuoYu's shirt, whispering, "From what we've seen, this girlie seems like 'Huo Cai Shen' Zhu old man's little daughter."

Xu RuoYu said, "Must be."

Jin BuHuan said, "Looks like our chance at working together has come."

Xu RuoYu said, "Working together on what?"

Jin BuHuan smiled mysteriously and said, "With Xu-xiong's charms and a little help from me(xiongdi), that little girlie would definitely fall at Xu-xiong's feet. By then Xu-xiong will have gotten both the beauty and the riches, and will be praised by everyone in Wulin. I(xiongdi) can follow behind Xu-xiong and get a small rebate."

Xu RuoYu looked excited but then frowned, "But that seems a little....."

Jin BuHuan's glinted and seeing his hesitation, cut in, "A little what? Do you(Xu-xiong) feel your charms are not up for the task so you daren't move?"

Xu RuoYu glared, "Who said I daren't?"

Jin BuHuan grinned, "Then take this moment and make a move fast."

Suddenly someone behind them swore, "Beasts, two beasts."

Xu RuoYu and Jin BuHuan jumped in surprise and turned. The fire child stood behind them, hands on hips, glaring at the two of them.

Jin BuHuan cussed angrily, "Beast, what are you cussing?"

The fire child said, "You're the beast." Leaping up all of a sudden, the child flipped on hand back and slapped it across Jin BuHuan's left cheek - the movement so fast it could not be seen.

With his strong reputation, it was unbelievable to have been slapped by a little child.

Jin BuHuan was both angry and surprised, yelling, "You little beast." Stretching out a clawed hand, he reached for the child but with a flash of red, the fire child leapt back into the hall.

Xu RuoYu said, "That's bad, the little brat heard what we said."

He turned and was going to run off, but Jin BuHuan caught him and said, "What are you scared of? The plan is settled, we'll just keep to it until the end."

Xu RuoYu was dragged in helplessly and the fire child was already standing beside the white-clothed girl. Upon seeing them, the child clapped and said, "The two beasts walked it."

Li ChangQing said, "Ahem, ahem, watch what you say, child."

The fire child said, "The two of them were planning to trick the seventh daughter of our house so that they could get both the person and the money. What do you(laorenjia) say, if they aren't beasts then what are they?"

Li ChangQing continued coughing, and while he didn't say anything, his eyes were fixed on the two of them. Xu RuoYu was red-faced, but Jin BuHuan acted as though nothing was wrong.

The white-clothed seventh daughter said, "Who are these two?" She was still smiling only a moment ago but now her expression was icy again, as though she was suddenly a different person.

Liu YuRu's eyes moved and she snatched to answer, "One of the two is 'See virtue brave do' Jin BuHuan, but he has two other nicknames, one is 'See money eyes open', and the other is 'See benefits forget virtue', but the last two are far more famous than the first."

The seventh daughter said, "They are also much more apt."

Jin BuHuan's expression didn't change and he clasped his fists, saying, "You(guniang) flatter me."

With a "pfft", Liu YuRu laughed and said, "The thickness of Jin-xiong's skin is matchless in the world, it's probably impenetrable even by knives or swords."

The seventh daughter said, "Hmph! Who's the other?"

Liu YuRu said, "And the other is even more famous, known as 'Yu mian yao qin shen jian shou' Xu RuoYu, and though his name looks like 'as though foolish', but he is in fact not foolish at all, but cleverer than most men."

The seventh daughter stared at her for a while then laughed sweetly and pointing at Xu RuoYu said, "Just by their standard, they want to touch me? Hilarious that even these kinds of people can be the seven greatest fighters in Wulin, no wonder no one would allow for it." Even though her laughter was incredibly alluring, the contempt in her laughter was difficult to swallow.

Xu RuoYu's pale face immediately flushed deep red.

"Xiong shi" Qiao Wu said in disgust, "Shameless losers."

DuangHongZi opened his mouth and spat on the ground. WuFa-dashi's face was as heavy as water. Liu YuRu sighed softly, "If I knew that there were these kind of people within the seven top martial artists, I wish I was never part of this." Before she finished speaking, Xu RuoYu already turned and ran out of the room.

Even though Jin BuHuan picked on the weak and was afraid of the strong, he too was feeling goaded and thought to himself, "Even though you little girlie have a lot of money, your wugong can't be higher than mine(laozi). I(laozi) am going to teach you a little lesson." But never in his life had he fought a battle without an absolutely assured victory, and while he felt taht he would win, he was still worried that he might lose out. After a moment of thought, he turned and caught up with Xu RuoYu and dragged him behind the door.

Xu RuoYu stamped his foot and said, "You...you really pulled me down out there, why are you dragging me again?"

Jin BuHuan asked coldly, "And that's it?"

Xu RuoYu said resentfully, "If that's not it, what is?"

Jin BuHuan flashed a false smile and watched him, saying, "If it was me and faced with such a beautiful girl, even if I smash my head I would chase her until the end. If I gave up halfway wouldn't I become everyone's laughing stock?"

Xu RuoYu hesitated, then heaved a sigh, "Laughing stock? Aye.....don't even mention being everyone's laughing stock. She(renjia) doesn't have any feelings for me, how can I...."

Jin BuHuan sighed and interrupted, "Silly, who said she doesn't have any feelings for you?"

Xu RuoYu hesitated again and muttered, "But...but if she has any feelings for me, then why...why would she be so contemptuous towards me, aye, forget it forget it....." He turned to leave.

Jin BuHuan sighed and said, "This is ridiculous, don't you understand anything about the heart of a girl?" Without needing to be pulled, Xu RuoYu stopped in his tracks again. Jin BuHuan continued, "If that girl likes you, would there be any chance for her to flirt with you in front of everyone?"

Xu RuoYu blinked and said, "That's true too...."

Jin BuHuan said, "You should know that the hearts of young girls are the most difficult to fathom. The more she likes you the more she wants to hurt you to test your sincerity. Wouldn't it be a waste to run away now?"

Xu RuoYu said happily, "True true, what should I(xiaodi) do according to you(xiongtai)?" (*NB: pronoun use here suggests that Xu is trying to get on the good side of Jin)

Jin BuHuan said, "We went soft just then and it didn't work, so now we're going in forcefully."

Xu RuoYu said, "Force...how would forceful work?"

Jin BuHuan said, "You won't understand this, but lots of girls idolise champions, and if a handsome person like yourself exudes a champion-like air, how can she ignore you?"

Xu RuoYu rubbed his palms together and laughed, "True true, if it wasn't for Jin-xiong's guidance, I(xiaodi) nearly fouled up. But...but Jin-xiong please give your guidance on how to be forceful."

Jin BuHuan said, "As long as you don't run away, and remain on the same line with me, you can leave the rest up to me." He turned to go back in when he finished speaking.

More confident now, Xu RuoYu twitched his shirt and waddled back.

In the hall, Li ChangQing and the seventh daughter were still chatting.

Her manner as she chattered with Li ChangQing was innocent, but she ignored everyone else. It was as though even people like TianFa-dashi were not worthy to be in her sight. While everyone had liked her at first, most were now feeling agitated by her arrogance. TianFa-dashi stood again - he was not able to leave before - and now he swept his sleeves and left again. Some of the others were feeling bothered too, and since they could not take the anger out on anyone, they wanted to leave too.

At this moment, Li ChangQing said, "Your visit today, did you accidentally pass this place or did you come here on purpose?"

The seventh daughter smiled sweetly and said, "I should say that I came here with the sole purpose of visiting you(laorenjia) but I also shouldn't lie to you(laorenjia), so please don't get angry."

Li ChangQing stroked his beard and laughed, "Good, good, then you passed here accidentally."

The seventh daughter said, "That's not true either, I'm here to look for someone."

Li ChangQing asked, "Who? Here?"

The seventh daughter said, "In this very hall."

When everyone heard this, they no longer wanted to leave because there were only a few people in the hall and they all wanted to see who the daughter of the wealthiest man in the world wanted to look for. TianFa-dashi stopped first; even though he had practised for a long time, his interest in winning and reputation was no less than any other man. At this moment he thought to himself, "Maybe she had long idolised me(benzuo) and came here to see me on purpose?" As he glanced over, the expressions on everyone's faces were strange half-smiles as though they were thinking the same thoughts as him. (*NB: pronoun use here suggests arrogance)

Li ChangQing's eyes flickered and he said smilingly, "All the best martial artists in the world are gathered in this hall, but who are you(xianzhinv = good niece) looking for?"

The seventh daughter didn't even bothered turning her head and pointing with one slender finger behind, said, "Him."

Without being able to help themselves, everyone followed the direction of her finger and saw that who she pointed to was in fact the shabby youth, who had, up to this point, curled himself up into a corner.

Until now the girl had not looked at him once, but the direction towards which her finger pointed was precise, suggesting that she had peeked at him several times already. Everyone else felt a bit disappointed, "So she wasn't looking for me."

"Didn't realise a poor nameless guy like this could move such a beautiful girl after him." They were all amazed and wondered why she came searching for him.

But the shabby youth coughed and stood, then bowed, "I(wanbei) take my leave."

Before he even finished speaking, he was making for the door.

There was a sudden flash of red and the fire child blocked his way, yelling, "Good one, you want to run off again, don't you know how hard our Qi-guniang have been looking for you?"

The Qi-guniang gritted her teeth and stamped her feet, saying, "Okay okay, you can.....go, you, you can go....you....if you leave again, I'll......I'll...." So saying, her eyes became red and her voice broke, and she couldn't speak any more.

The shabby youth smiled forcefully and said, "Why do you(guniang) bother yourself, I(zaixia)....." (*NB: important to note that his pronoun use here is very formal and alienating, which suggests that he is trying to undermine the feelings between himself and the girl)

The fire child placed hands on hips and shouted, "Good one, you heartless brat, speaking like that, have you forgotten how Qi-guniang has been treating you......"

The shabby youth coughed and sighed, the Qi-guniang stamped her feet and wiped her tears, and the watchers were both astonished and amused.

By now everyone saw that this arrogant Qi-guniang had feelings for the shabby youth, but the shabby youth did not want that kindness and was more preoccupied with running away.

Liu YuRu watched him from the corner of her eyes and frowned, thinking, "That's strange. It isn't like all the men in the world have died, so why would Qi-guniang be interested in such garbage."

Li ChangQing stroked his beard and watched the shabby youth, and felt that this youth was unusual. NvZhuGe Hua SiGu's opinion appeared to be the same.

Just as everyone were deep in thought, Jin BuHuan and Xu RuoYu waddled pompously in, and when everyone saw that they were thick-skinned enough to come back, they all scowled.

"Xiong shi" Qiao Wu demanded angrily, "What are you two doing back here?"

Jin BuHuan ignored him and headed straight for Qi-guniang. Cheekily, he bowed and said, "Please."

Xu Ruo Yu immediately followed with, "Please."

Qi-guniang was just full of unspent anger and glaring at them hatefully, she stamped her feet and yelled, "Get lost, get out of my sight."

Xu RuoYu was stunned by this display, but Jin BuHuan's smiling expression didn't change as he said, "I(zaixia) was going to get lost, but if you(guniang) have any good methods in making me(zaixia) get lost, I(zaixia) would be honoured to see it." As he spoke, he waved his hand at Xu RuoYu behind his back.

Xu RuoYu immediately coughed and straightened his back, saying loudly, "Who can argue that Jin-xiong is one of the most renowned heroes in Wulin? Aren't you going too far in your arrogance? Know that your rudeness towards him is a note of contempt towards all other heroes in the world." Even though he was weak and cowardly, and liked to act smart, he was actually quite articulate. Now speaking confidently, he really did appear to be champion-like.

Finally, the first chapter is now finished

Cool

ha, hope she give him a good slap.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

ha, hope she give him a good slap.

and thank you luna_rainbow for the translation.

btw I've read somewhere you are a malaysian?

Originally posted by pjaya
    btw I've read somewhere you are a malaysian?
    Wow, I wonder where all these stuff come from. Last time someone was convinced I could translate Japanese But no, I'm a Chinese living in Australia.

Originally posted by luna_rainbow
    Wow, I wonder where all these stuff come from. Last time someone was convinced I could translate Japanese But no, I'm a Chinese living in Australia.
    oppsie!

nevertheless, am waiting for your updates anxiously!

Default Chapter 2

Chapter 02 - The hand that ignited the flame to war

Qi-guniang's eyes flicked from side to side and around on their faces as she coldly listened to their speeches. When they were done, she suddenly smiled sweetly and said, "Good, that's more like a man......"

Xu RuoYu was extremely pleased and thought, "Jin-xiong's plan was fantastic." Meanwhile, he uttered, "Now that you know, you should begin to hold more respect for others." His chest was still high but his tone had already softened.

Qi-guniang laughed, "From now on, I will not dare to look down on the two of you."

Xu RuoYu couldn't help looking pleased and smiling, he said, "It's alright."

Smiling sweetly, Qi-guniang said, "The two of you were discussing that since I'm a weak little girl who is overlooking a child, there was no way we were your match, so if you can't pull soft on me, you'll put in some force. These kind of big heroes, big champions, who can be both gentle and forceful, who changes with the wind, is pretty rare in the world. How can I possibly dare look down on the two of you?" Her smile grew sweeter and sweeter as she spoke, but Xu RuoYu felt more and more discomfortable. His face flushed crimson red and he stood there stupidly. The self-satisfaction from a moment ago was completely gone.

Jin BuHuan said coldly, "How has your family managed to educate out a woman who has so sharp a tongue and so barbarous the actions?"

Qi-guniang said, "You want to re-educate me?"

Jin BuHuan said, "That's right. You think that just because Xu-xiong is young, handsome and gentlemanly, you can bully him? Hah! Even though Xu-xiong is very forgiving, he really really cannot stand people like you. Isn't that right, Xu-xiong?"

Xu RuoYu said, "Uhuh.....cough....."

Qi-guniang stretched out a slender hand and patted her hair. Smiling slightly, she said, "If that's the case, bring it on then."

With one hand on the corner of the shabby youth's shirt, the Fire Child said loudly, "You(guniang) don't need to bother yourself with a guy who can only eat slaps."

Jin BuHuan said, "It doesn't matter if both of you come on, since...."

DuanChangZi, whose face was perpetually dark and expressionless, suddenly smirked and interrupted, "Jin BuHuan, do you want some advice from me(pindao)?"

Jin BuHuan laughed dryly, "I(zaixia) would be more than happy."

DuanChangZi said, "'Huo Cai Shen' holds a wealth of billions and is one of the richest in the world, but for decades, no underworld friends have dared to touch a single ounce of silver from his family. Do you know why?"

Laughing, Jin BuHuan said, "Could it be that all the underworld friends thought their silver too mouldy?"

He grew mirthier as he spoke and was going to break into laughter when he caught sight of DuanChangZi's severe expression, and the laughter rolled in his throat before he forced it down with a swallow.

DuangChangZi said with a cold face, "I thought you did not want to hear? Huhuh, even if you don't want to hear it, I(pindao) will still say it. This is because in the past there were lots of good fighters - some to hide from vengeful pursuers, others to avoid trouble - who all fled to the home of 'Huo Cai Shen'. While 'Huo Cai Shen' viewed money as his life, he served every wish of these people and during the last decades, his home has indeed become a place filled with hidden talents. Let's not even mention others, but just that child Zhu-guniang brought with us today is not someone you would mess with. Don't get educated by who you are wanting to educate."

Jin BuHuan pointed at the Fire Child and said, "You(daozhang) mean her?"

DuanChangZi said, "Who else is a child within this hall?"

Jin BuHuan burst out laughing and said, "You(daozhang) are talking about her? Aren't you boosting your enemies confidence and destroying your own[*]. Just with this little monster, even if she started practising wugong as soon as she was born, could she possibly be stronger than the seven strongest fighters in ZhongYuan Wulin?" (*NB: Chinese saying, ie. you're overestimating your enemy)

DuanChangZi said coldly, "Just try it if you don't believe me."

Jin BuHuan said, "Naturally." He pushed up his sleeves and got ready.

"Xiong shi" Qiao Wu abruptly swept his sleeves up, but just as he did, Hua SiGu pulled him back gently, whispering, "What are you doing, Wu-ge?"

Qiao Wu said, "You see that jerk, he's really going to fight with a kid. Hah, even if other people ignore it completely, it won't pass my eye."

Smiling gently, Hua SiGu said, "Other people ignoring it completely could be attributed to Qi-guniang's conceit, so they want to watch the show and see how good she really is. But do you know why Li-laoqianbei is also contentedly keeping himself to the side? Would he want to watch the fun too?"

Qiao Wu frowned and said, "That's true, I(zaixia) found that a bit strange too...." (*NB: I wonder if that's a typo. So far Qiao Wu has referred to himself as Qiao-mou which sets him as a roughish, unschooled sort of man, and this sudden switch is weird.)

Hua SiGu whispered, "It's because Li-laoqianbei already harbour suspicions towards that child, so he has witheld his comments."

Qiao Wu said in astonishment, "What is so suspicious about a child of her age?"

Hua SiGu said, "I can't explain it all at once, but just this child must have be very strange, and could be......Aye! Just wait and you'll see."

Qiao Wu became even more puzzled and muttered, "In that case, I'll wait....."

Jin BuHuan spent ages pulling up his sleeves but rather than attacking, he pulled Xu RuoYu to one side and were whispering secretively. Li ChangQing, DuanHongZi, TianFa-dashi's eyes were all fixed on the Fire Child, and their expressions were all very strange.

Qiao Wu glanced at the Fire Child and began to have doubts himself, pondering, "Why does the child wear such a strange mask and not face people with his real face, he's at most eleven or twelve but why does he speak with such an adult tone?"

The Fire Child kept pulling on that shabby youth, whose face was filled with reluctance. Qi-guniang glanced at Jin BuHuan coldly before returning her attention immediately to the shabby youth and never letting her eyes leave him again.

Jin BuHuan pulled Xu RuoYu to one side and said hatefully, "Our chance is here."

Xu RuoYu asked, "What chance?"

Jin BuHuan said, "The chance to show off of course. Go and beat the little monster in the next three or five techniques to make that arrogant chick realise your prowess."

Xu RuoYu said, "But...but that's only a child, how can I attack?"

Jin BuHuan smirked, "So what if it's a child? You've heard that zombie daoren DuanChangZi saying how frightening she was, and wouldn't it be a great addition to your name if you beat her?"

Xu RuoYu mused for a while and a trace of a faint smile appeared on the corner of his mouth. Shaking his head, he said, "Jin-xiong, I(xiaodi) won't be full by you this time around."

Jin BuHuan said, "Where does that come from?"

Xu RuoYu said, "If I fight against that child, the obvious expectation is for me to win, but if I lose then it is a huge embarrassment to myself, so instead of fighting yourself, you call for me."

Jin BuHuan said coldly, "You really won't fight?"

Smiling, Xu RuoYu said, "I'll leave this chance to show off to Jin-xiong."

Jin BuHuan stared at him and bit out the words syllable by syllable, "You better not regret this."

Xu RuoYu said, "I won't."

Jin BuHuan sighed and sneered, "Biting back on the hand that feeds you, no gratitude at all..." Still sneering, he turned to fight.

Xu RuoYu stared at him dazedly and the smile on his face gradually disappeared. Glancing again at that Qi-guniang, he suddenly hissed, "Jin-xiong, wait."

Jin BuHuan didn't even bother turning his head and asked, "What?"

Xu RuoYu said, "Pl....please leave it to....to me(xiaodi) instead."

Jin BuHuan said, "No. Didn't you say you won't regret this?"

Xu RuoYu's face was twisted in a forced smile and he mumbled, "Wel...well...as long as Jin-xiong let me(xiaodi) fight, I(xiaodi) will definitely repay you with a substantial gift."

Jin BuHuan seemed to consider this for a long time before he finally turned and said, "Go then."

Extremely pleased, Xu RuoYu said, "Thank you Jin-xiong." And so saying, he leapt out.

Jin BuHuan watched his back and laughed to himself, "Though he looks quite character, he's like an embroidered pillow, full of stuffing. Would rather be forced into doing something than being kindly persuaded, a born cheap ***."

Xu RuoYu leapt into the middle of the hall and said loudly, "For the respect I(Xu-mou) hold towards the three qianbei's in Virtue Manor, I brought niether my sword nor my Qin[*], but I'll be happy to teach if anyone wants any guidence." (*NB: qin = Chinese instrument, consist of many strings pulled across a wooden soundboard. Probably most similar to a harp/lyre)

Qi-guniang finally took her eyes off teh shabby youth and shaking her head, smiled, "Looks like this guy's been moved by that Jin person again..."

The Fire Child dragged the shabby youth towards Qi-guniang and said, "Guniang, watch him and don't let him go. I'll go and teach that brat."

Qi-guniang's lips twiched in a sneer, "Who's going to watch him? If he wants to go then go." But even as she said so, she hooked two fingers onto his shirt.

The shabby youth sighed softly and said, "Why bother coming if all you do is to make trouble?"

Qi-guniang said, "No one else has your stupid temper, when other people slaps your left cheek, you turn the other way to let thim slap your right cheek. I can't swallow that from people."

The shabby youth half-grimaced and half-smiled, "Yes yes, you're admirable...heh, now if you don't have to let other people tidy up the mess after you make trouble, that's real admirable."

Qi-guniang sulked and said, "None of your business. Don't worry, I won't let it be your business even if I die." She turned her head and ignored him, but her fingers remained hooked on his sleeve.

The Fire Child swaggered in front of Xu RuoYu and scrutinised him up and down, then grinned. "Fight, what are you waiting for?"

The Fire Child said, "Fighting's fighting, what's with all the waffling?" Suddenly leapt up and flung a hand towards Xu RuoYu. This attack had no skill whatsoever, but the speed at which it came was indescribable in ink.

Fortunately Xu RuoYu had had a previous example from Jin BuHuan and knew that when the child hits when she said so, and was prepared for it so that he managed to dodge this safely.

Grinning, the Fire Child said, "So you do have some skills." Even while speaking, her hands were busy and between the flashing red shadows, a small hand slapped out like wild wind, without any technique or skill, as though it was based completely on a child's mischievous brawling ways. Yet between the techniques there was no openings, and the rapidness of the attacks gave the opponent no room to breathe.

While Xu RuoYu had lost the initiative and had no way of counter-attacking, the way he wove through the red shadow was still composed and elegant, very comfortable on the eye.

"Nv zhu ge" Hua SiGu said softly to Qiao Wu, "Do you think this kid is weird?"

Qiao Wu frowned, "I(an) have really never seen this sort of fighting."

Hua SiGu said, "This way no one can guess where her wugong originated."

Qiao Wu said in amazement, "Does that mean that this child also came from a suspicious background?"

Hua SiGu, "How can a normal child force Xu RuoYu into the losing end?"

Qiao Wu's eyes fixed on the fight and he nodded, "If Xu RuoYu wasn't so obssessed with putting on appearances, his wugong would become much better."

Xu RuoYu did indeed value appearances so that even while he fought, the techniques he used had to be elegant and pretty. He would rather die than use unsightly techinques. When the Fire Child slapped three hands, there was an opening under her left that Hua SiGu and Qiao Wu had seen, and knew that if Xu RuoYu used a "Tie Niu Geng Di"[*] right now, he could at least pull the fight back into a balance. (*NB: Tie Niu Geng Di = Iron Ox farming)

But Xu RuoYu thought that this "Tie Niu Geng Di" was not elegant enough and refused to use it, using instead a useless "Feng Chiu Yu Liu". (*NB: Feng Chiu Yu Liu = Wind blowing the royal willows)

Jin BuHuan shook his head and smirked, "Would rather look pretty than live...." But he felt very relieved because even though Xu RuoYu would have difficulty winning, it didn't look like he would lose either.

Hua SiGu muttered, "I wonder if Li-laoqianbei have recognised who she is."

Glancing over, she saw LengSan holding up a sickly looking old man beside Li ChangQing without them noticing. His eyes was following the Fire Child's movements and every now and then swapped a look with Li ChangQing.

Li ChangQing said in a low voice, "Can you(dage) tell?"

The sick old man Qi Zhi mused, "Looks seven-tenths like it."

This story scared me away w/ its wordiness before... but it's getting interesting

What does "Shen Long" mean?

almost forgot

Thanks Luna for the translation!

I'm skipping all this part until Sum Long shows up
    Yo momma cat

How do you know he hasn't?

And I'm STILL wondering what Shen Long means

It's a guy's name. Shen Lang = Sum Long.

Originally posted by TigerWong
    How do you know he hasn't?
    You mean he showed up already? I was skimming through the translation and I couldn't find his name. Darn I have to read it now
    Yo momma cat

Originally posted by minutemanwayne
    You mean he showed up already? I was skimming through the translation and I couldn't find his name. Darn I have to read it now
    Not seeing his name means he isn't here?

Shen Lang showed up already. If you have a good deduction skill, you might have figured it out already.

Originally posted by conmebol
    Shen Lang showed up already. If you have a good deduction skill, you might have figured it out already.
    if u don't, u STILL might have figured it out already

all it takes is actually reading really

"Xiong shi" was all the more confused when he heard and couldn't help asking, "What is like what?"

Hua SiGu sighed and said, "Look, even though this child seemed to have no organised techniques in the way she hits, but there are very few openings as she attacks. Without decades of wugong foundation, how can she hit like that?"

Qiao Wu frowned and said, "But...but she's ten or so at most...."

Hua SiGu cut in, "How can a ten-year-old child have decades of wugong foundation, unless....her age isn't small at all, but her body is small and since she's always wearing a mask, no one can guess what her real age is."

Qiao Wu mumbled, "Decades of wugong foundation.....a body shaped like a child....." A thought came to him and suddenly remembering someone, he blurted, "It's her."

Hua SiGu said, "Looks eight-tenths like it."

Qiao Wu's expression changed, "No wonder that person haven't appeared for ages, she's been hiding in 'Huo Cai Shen's' home." He glanced at TianFa-dashi and forced his voice even lower, "I wonder if TianFa-dashi has realised who she is? If he has, then...."

Hua SiGu said, "It's not just TianFa-dashi, even if Liu YuRu, DuanChangZi realised who she is, then...."

At this moment, TianFa-dashi's robust body suddenly moved, a cloud of purple gathering on his severe face as he stepped closer to where Xu RuoYu and the Fire Child were fighting.

Qi-guniang glanced around and yelled, "...Quick."

The Fire Child had just leapt into the air and hearing the "Quick", her body suddenly folded, arms slightly open, and flipping in the air, threw herself at Xu RuoYu. The changes in this attack was not only intricate, concealing a backup attack in its midst, the ferocity of its power was even more astounding. Li ChangQing lost his colour and cried, "Fei Long Shi." (*NB: Fei Long Shi = Flying Dragon Style)

As the cry came, Xu RuoYu had cried out himself and flung himself to the ground. His reputation had not come on empty terms and his movements were agile, so while he had lost, he was not confused.

"Yan Qing Shi Ba Fan"[*], as soon as his body touched the ground, he flipped continuously and had retreated dozens of meters away, then leapt up. There was no hurt on his body anywhere, but he stared at the Fire Child stupidly, full of shock.

Qi-guniang called, "Go!" One hand dragging the shabby youth, one hand draggin the Fire Child, got read to charge up.

Suddenly the sound of a prayer, "Er Mi Tuo Fo!" A sound as loud as a clock, shaking through the eardrums. Surrounded by the call, TianFa-dashi's fierce body had blocked their way. His stood like a mountain before them and the robe he wore shook in the breezeless air. He looked like the statue of a God, austere even without anger, forbidding anyone from wrongdoing.

Qi-guniang didn't even bother speaking and turned for the window, but LengSan, DuanChangZi, Liu YuRu, Xu RuoYu, Jin BuHuan all flitted in front of them, blocking their way. The five of them all looked sober and slightly angry.

The shabby youth sighed slightly and whispered, "Aren't you a little too daring? You knew that people would guess her identity but still brought her here."

Qi-guniang shot him a dejected look, "It was all for you. Just to find you, I'll go through everything and do everything."

In the time she spoke the two sentences, TianFa-dashi, LengSan and the rest had moved and surrounded Qi-guniang, the shabby youth and the Fire Child in the middle.

A sweet smile suddenly reappeared on Qi-guniang's face and she asked, "What is everyone doing?"

TianFa-dashi said heavily, "You(guniang) know, why ask."

Qi-guniang glanced back and said, "Li-ershu, look, your guest won't let me leave. There's someone in your(laorenjia) house who is bullying me, doesn't that reflect badly on you(laorenjia)?"

Li ChangQing glanced at Qi Zhi and did not dare to answer for himself. Qi Zhi's eyes were flashing and did not open his mouth either, indicating that the situation was very serious.

Everyone held their breath and waited for the wisest man known to answer, because everyone knew that the each word from this old man was worth a thousand gold and he never falls back on what he says. After a moment, Qi Zhi said in a low voice, "We thank your father's generosity in giving us the money upon which this manor is based. No one can stop Zhu-guniang if she wants to come or go."

Qi-guniang sighed secretly in relief, and TianFa-dashi and the rest all lost their colour. But Qi Zhi's speech paushed slightly before he continued in a slow drawl, "But the person who came with Zhu-guniang must remain here. No one can release her."

Qi-guniang blinked and pointed at the shabby youth, laughing, "Are you(laorenjia) talking about him? He hasn't offended anyone, has he?" (*NB: Just a note on the pronoun..Zhu QiQi's way of address towards Li ChangQing and Qi Zhi is very familiar, and overly-familiar in a situation like this)

Qi Zhi said, "No."

Qi-guniang said, "If it's not him, then the only one left is this kid. She's just my maid, who do you want her to serve by keeping her here?"

Qi Zhi's expression darkened and he said, "Even now, you(guniang) are still mocking the situation."

Qi-guniang said, "I don't understand what you(laorenjia) are talking about."

Qi Zhi smiled coldly and said, "You don't understand? ....LengSan, go and take that notice down and show her."

LengSan was out the door before he finished speaking.

The hand Qi-guniang held onto the shabby youth with was already trembling, but a slight smile remained on her face, as though she didn't care at all. A few seconds later, LengSan returned with a piece of paper, almost exactly the same as the notice the shabby youth had torn off previously, only even more old and weathered. Qi Zhi took it and tipped back his head, smiling forcedly, "This notice has been here for seven years. Never expected that we can finally take it off today."

Qi-guniang blinked again and said, "What is it?"

Qi Zhi said, "Whether you really don't know or not, why not have a look anyway." He threw the paper at Qi-guniang's feet.

Qi-guniang glanced around, and picked it up. "You two have a look too."

Crouching down, she dragged the shabby youth and Fire Child with her and huddled around the paper.

On the notice it was written, "Hua XinXian, called 'Shang Tian Ru Di'[*1], Zhang Zhong Tian Mo[*2], in the past belonging to Wulin's '13 Tian Mo'[*3]. Since HengShan, became the sole survivor from the thirteen. This was because long before HengShan, this person disappeared without a trace from JiangHu. Aged between fifty to sixty, but shaped like a child and likes to wear red clothing. The origins of her wugong is unclear, but seems to have received the true instructions from the master of Wu Da Mo Gong[*4] of sixty years ago. Does not use weapons, visible or hidden, but has an extremely high qinggong level. The viciousness of her palm strength could be ranked sixth in Wulin. YuLong-dashi from WuTai, Liu FeiXian from HuaShan, Tan TieZhang-daxia from JianNan all died by her. [**NB: 1 - Shang Tian Ru Di = Up to the sky, into the earth, usually an implication on how far-reaching someone is. 2 - Zhang Zhong Tian Mo = The heavenly demon in hand; probably Hua XinXian's rank/name. 3 - 13 Tian Mo = the thirteen heavenly demons. 4 - Wu Da Mo Gong = The Five Major Demon Palaces.]

"Around ten years ago, there were rumours in Wulin that suggested this person had died at the crossing of the Yellow River. However, in this past year, anyone who had crossed this person in the past had all been killed during midnight. No one, young or old, was left alive, and the fatal marks were recognised as this person's unique palm techniques. To date there have been more than a hundred and forty victims, because this person avenges every grudge she holds. Even if the grudge is extremely small, she would go up to the sky and into the earth rather than forgive. The Master of Virtue Manor at first did not know the perpetrator was her, but by performing autopsy first hand, verified that it was true.

"Accordingly, this person endured a terrible childhood. She was locked in a cage for eight years, so her body could not develop and she remained a pygmy. As a result, her character became twisted and she harboured a hatred for everyone in the world. She especially loved torturing children, and the blood on her hands are thick. Her acts of violence are intolerable. If anyone can capture this person, dead or a live, there is a guaranteed reward of five thousand ounces. From the Master of Virtue Manor."

Qi-guniang held this notice in her hands but didn't even glance at it, her eyes stealing peeks around her. The eight riders outside had all dismounted and stood motionless, reins in hand. WuFa-dashi and the rest appeared impatient for attack, and only held back because of the Master of Virtue Manor. Qi-guniang looked around and suddenly whispered in the shabby youth's ear, "Whether she and I can get out today or not is up to you."

The shabby youth's eyes rested heavily on the notice as he said slowly, "With this kind of situation, there's nothing I can do." The sound came from his throat and his lips did not move.

Qi-guniang said angrily, "You're helping even if you don't want to. Don't forget who saved your life. Don't forget the way other people have treated you." [*NB: "other people" in this sentence refers to herself and her family.]

The shabby youth heaved a sigh and shut his mouth.

Qi-guniang also heaved a great sigh and slowly rose, "This Zhang Zhong Tian Mo does appear to be very cruel."

Qi Zhi said in a low voice, "Why do you still defend her now that you(guniang) know it?"

Qi-guniang glanced at the Fire Child and sighed, "Looks like they're convinced you're Hua XinXian."

The Fire Child said, "Is that a joke?"

Qi-guniang's eyes appeared to be laughing as she watched the shabby youth and said slowly, "Whether it's a joke or not, I know that in the last seven years she has never left my side. If she can go out to kill other people, you might as well chop off my head." Even though this was said to everyone present, her eyes were pinned on the shabby youth, who coughed drily and ducked his head.

TianFa-dashi bellowed, "Whether the murders in the last seven years were committed by Hua XinXian or not, today I(benzuo) must avenge the death of YuLong-shishu."

Liu YuRu said loudly, "That's right, my aunt...my aunt...." Her eyes suddenly red, she stamped her foot and said, "If anyone stops me from avenging my aunt, I'll...I'll kill him." This appeared to be said to everyone, but she glared only at Qi-guniang.

Jin BuHuan looked at Xu RuoYu pointedly and Xu RuoYu said loudly, "Even though I(Xu-mou) have no grudge against Hua XinXian, but someone as malicious deserves to be killed."

The Fire Child laughed coldly and said, "Who are you to talk that lost by my hand."

Xu RuoYu's face reddened slightly, but Jin BuHuan immediately filled in, "Xu-xiong underestimated his enemy slightly and lost by half a technique, so what?"

Xu RuoYu said, "That's right, I(Xu-mou) thought that she was just a child so I didn't use a fatal attack."

Qi-guniang smiled coldly and said, "If she really is 'Zhang Zhong Tian Mo' you think you would still be alive now? Feh! Boasting like that with no shame at all."

Xu RuoYu reddened again, but Jin BuHuan sneered, "That's right, even though Hua XinXian's wugong is not weak, but to rid Wulin of evil, we don't need to face her one by one. Those who need to avenge, take your revenge, everyone let's go up at once and let's see whether she can really go up to the sky and into the earth."

Li ChangQing gave a long sigh and said, "My good advice is Hua-furen should just surrender and Zhu-guniang can stop defending her now."

Qi-guniang glanced at him and stamped her foot, "Do you(laorenjia) think that she really is Hua XinXian?"

Li ChangQing said, "Cough...cough, you're still denying?"

Qi-guniang said, "What happens if she isn't?"

Jin BuHuan said loudly, "If you take off her mask and let us see that she is really a child, then Li-laoqianbei can apologise to her." He put this in before anyone else could speak, if it was right than obviously the honour would be on him, and if it was wrong, the someone else would apologise. "Jian Qian Yan Kai" Jin BuHuan never does anything that hurts his own good.

Qi-guniang stomped her foot down and said, "Fine, take it off and show them."

The Fire Child said loudly, "Look!" Before she finished, she flipped back her hand and took off that firey red mask.

Cool

good, you update!

the story is certainly interesting.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Originally posted by luna_rainbow
    The origins of her wugong is unclear, but seems to have received the true instructions from the master of Wu Da Mo Gong[*4] of sixty years ago. Does not use weapons, visible or hidden, but has an extremely high qinggong level. The viciousness of her palm strength could be ranked sixth in Wulin. YuLong-dashi from WuTai, Liu FeiXian from HuaShan, Tan TieZhang-daxia from JianNan all died by her.[....4 - Wu Da Mo Gong = The Five Major Demon Palaces.]
    Do you think these Five Major Demon Palaces are related in any way to the Five Palaces found in "Huan Hua Xi Jian Lu"? They were also considered heretical...