Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wu Lin Wai Shi

Yeah, that's what I thought at first - it's quite possible, but I think there's a very slight variation in the name. I think the one in Huan Hua Xi Jian is something like..."Wu Xing Mo Gong" (Five Elements). I guess you could also argue that with time passing, the names and titles can change because the later generations became more afraid and in awe of the Wu Xing Mo Gong so with added respect, they call it Wu Da Mo Gong.

Cool

Time for Dr. Goofy's deduction:

I guess the fire child's face is mutilated so that she couldn't be identified somewhat.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

This novel is very very interesting, was there any adaptations made and how close were they to the novel. Thanks for the translation.

Originally posted by zhouyu
    This novel is very very interesting, was there any adaptations made and how close were they to the novel. Thanks for the translation.
    Yes, it's called Mission of the Warriors. You can find several reviews right here in SPCNET. It's a 2000 China series. It isn't very accurate, I hear.

Default Re: Chapter 2

Originally posted by luna_rainbow
    Chapter 02 - The hand that ignited the flame to war

Xu RuoYu leapt into the middle of the hall and said loudly, "For the respect I(Xu-mou) hold towards the three qianbei's in Virtue Manor, I brought niether my sword nor my Qin[*], but I'll be happy to teach if anyone wants any guidence." (*NB: qin = Chinese instrument, consist of many strings pulled across a wooden soundboard. Probably most similar to a harp/lyre)

Not sure how correct it is, but most people use 'zither' as the translation for Qin.

Great translation, btw.. I just hope it has a good ending. Gu Long has a bad habit of writing bad endings, esp for beautiful women..

Ian

just a reminder that I love this story and hope to see further translations, thank you

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

its already 6 month since last update, the translations probably just dead O_O, just hoping an official translations like Xiao Xiyi Lang magically pop-up out of nowhere. But then this is like requesting a snow in the sahara desert

would this Xu Ruoyu guy the same one as Granny Hu's husband in TSATE? If so, which story would happen first?
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Originally posted by Goofy
    would this Xu Ruoyu guy the same one as Granny Hu's husband in TSATE? If so, which story would happen first?
    I have once thought of that, but when I went to look at the viet verison of the it. their name was spell quite different, although it was almost exacting the same.

I also think that the timeline of TSATE to WLWS, is really far away.

This is a very interesting story and I like the translation, thank you and please keep up the good work!

Default Translation stopped?

Has it really been September of '03 since an update was posted?

hopelessly wandering amongst my school work

is it just me or has this translation stopped completely?

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

you can count on it, for all the translations that is going on in here there are only a handful that have a complete translation (big congratulations for those), for example:

TSATE
    Lu Xiao Feng - the first 3

translation in here is based upon willingness so no one is force to do anything like you must complete a job that you've started, or finishing the translation while you're in retirement.

So when you're reading a translation here always expect that this will never be finish. This way you will never got frustrated. If you ever got frustrated take initiative like learning to read chinese or hire professional translator to do it for you

my 2 cents

Talking

hmm.. I could try to translate it, but my version would be a translation from a viet translation that come from the original chinese text. so there might be alot of stuff that are different. If I do decide to pick this up, I will try to keep the character name in chinese. So everyone will be familiar with it.

As far as i know A Fei and SL are not related, and i didn't see any thing to point to that conclusion. I have read almost all of the story revolve around LXH, CLH, and Luk Siu Fung. It's a shame that XiMen ChuiXue die in the end.

The Story of The Big Flag Hero should be after Shen Lang.

1. One of the main character from the Shen Lang era survive until the post-Siu Lei Fei Do(Fu Hung Sheut) era.

2. In the post Siu Lei Fei Do era there's a character that's either related to Shen Lang or his desciple.
    none

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

thanx a lot if you want to help, make sure you create another thread for your translation so that its not like you were hijacking the original translator work

If you are reading the VIet translations, then they are not accurate from what I know. According to what the CHinese fans have read, SL and Ah Fei should be related. I even got the impression that Ah fei was CLH from the VIet versions, so that shows how inaccurate and creative the VIet translators get. Too bad I am stuck with other translations now or else i would do this one from the CHinese text. BUt I have to try to continue Dagger Lee and finish that first.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Junior Member GottschalkievBrahms's Avatar

OK I decided I'd get rid of the cliffhanger but I don't know if I'll keep on translating after this post, I'll just get to a part where it's kinda boring. BTW, my chinese isn't very good, I learned chinese a few months ago reading the legendary siblings after I wanted to read what hadn't been translated :-p so here goes. BTW, not completely exact translation, I wanted to preserve a sense of flow, also there are several phrases that I don't understand so I'll put up the original chinese for them.

-----

Everyone stared with rapt attentiveness, they were startled to the point of excitement. Beneath this fire red mask... was a small unaffected white face without even half a wrinkle. It was undoubtedly the face of a child, impossible that it could be a 50 year old person.

7th daughter chuckled, “Has everyone had a good look? This poor child's only wearing a mask because she has poor skin and cannot tolerate air. Strange that all you famous heroes weren't able to tell this from the start. ” While she gave her sly laugh she grabbed the shabbily clothed youngster and the fire child, and in one fell swoop she pulled them away.

The heroes were stunned, nobody wanting to stop her, left staring at 7th daughter’s clothing shaking about - perhaps because of the wind or perhaps because she was trembling. But once she was outside of the hall, her footsteps suddenly became quicker.

At that moment a QiZhi sounded, “Stop there! No one let her leave!”

After those two words “stop there” were spoken, 7th daughter 立刻离地掠起, only twisting the hand of the shabbily clothed youngster to send him a message, when the voice had said, “no one let her go.” 7th daughter and the fire child had already rushed onto the horse’s saddle. 7th daughter then whispering, “Little heartless one, our lives are in your hands now.”

While 7th daughter was still whispering, TianFa-Da Shi and Liu Yi Ru were already hurtling toward them in pursuit. 他两人被齐智一声大喝,震得心头灵光一
    闪,闪电般想起了此事之蹊跷,此刻两人身形展动,掌上俱已满注真力. (I don't know how to translate this with justice. In any case it's something about how TianFa and LiuYiRu's collective pursuit was galvanized in a lightning fast something something or other. by QiZhi.)

7th Daughter in her hurry was already upon the horse’s saddle. But this horse wasn't yet trained, and there was no way it could match the speed of the seven great martial heroes. There was simply no way that they could escape.

The captured youngster regretfully straightened up. As soon as he heard the sound of wind coming up from behind him, TianFa-Dashi and LiuYiRu were already rushing past him on his left and right respectively.

It was at this critical moment, that the shabbily youngster let out sigh and suddenly thrust both his arms outward - his left arm leaving like a chop and his right arm hidden in his sleeve. He hadn't even turned his head, but the one hand and the one sleeve were aimed towards TianFa-DaShi’s and LiuYiRu’s vital areas... as if he'd had eyes on the back of his head.

TianFa-DaShi and LiuYiRu were now forced to give up the chase and protect themselves, the two caused their hands to overflow with energy, 有如箭在弦上, at this moment they returned attacks, this was how they responded with force.

LiuYiRu let out a cold laugh, “You asked for this (what's actually said in chinese is "this is you looking for death but it doesn't really flow in english the way it does in chinese. In any case her statement is more morbid than the way I've translated it. )” with both her hands grasping at the youngster’s sleeve.

TianFa maintained his compoture, and spit out with force - his right hand in front of him, his left hand behind, both hands folded, his crimson palms grasping at the youngster’s shoulder.

One could only hear, “bo, bo” two sounds stuffily sounding like the sound of a soft thunder enveloped in white clouds behind a mountain. Everyone present knew without a doubt that this youngster was to be crushed between the energies of these two martial heroes, and his corpse would be sent flying with all its bones crushed.

Who knew that as the soft thunder subsided, LiuYiRu gasped and made an affected sound. Her elegant body was, at this moment, sent flying through the air convulsing.

TianFa-DaShi stumbled and retreated 7 steps. Stepping backwards on every step, he left deep footmarks that broke the stone floor. Each footstep deeper than the previous, it was obvious that TianFa-DaShi was exhausting all his energy trying to prevent his body from falling.

The image of the shabbily clothed youngster was all a blur as he retracted his palms and rushed outward - both his sleeves fluttering, trapping soft wind in them with both eyes piercing out through the manor gate.

----

Ah ok I didn't want to end it here. I was actually going to end it at this really boring scene with two guys in a forest and people come riding up to them and asking them stuff but I'm getting really tired, in any case I've translated more but it doesn't sound very good and is kinda ambiguous unless you've read the chinese text. I'm just too tired to make it flow with non-ambiguity. Ok. Oh, and I still don't know whether I'll keep translating after this post even though I have some roughly translated stuff already :-p

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GottschalkievBrahms
    ----

Ah ok I didn't want to end it here. I was actually going to end it at this really boring scene with two guys in a forest and people come riding up to them and asking them stuff but I'm getting really tired, in any case I've translated more but it doesn't sound very good and is kinda ambiguous unless you've read the chinese text. I'm just too tired to make it flow with non-ambiguity. Ok. Oh, and I still don't know whether I'll keep translating after this post even though I have some roughly translated stuff already :-p

Hi, thanks for the 'cliff hanger' shot. If I may suggest a compromise: make only a summary/rough description of the boring parts and translate only the parts which you think is interesting. So both sides (the reader & the translator) will be satisfied

PS
    Bist Du zufällig ein Deutscher der Sinologie studiert?
    Last edited by Du Gu seeking a win; 03-17-05 at 08:27 AM.

Is anyone planning on translating this?

If not, I'll continue the story. I've already started to translate some of it, but I still like to focus on Meteor, Butterfly, Sword (but if no one's interested in reading that novel, I will focus on Wu Lin Wai Shi).
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

I'm interested in both. I guess it would not be too unreasonable to request both?

Cheers,
    Han Solo, who's life is only briefly entertained by TV, computer games and wuxia translations in the brief moments between working and sleeping.