Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Wu Lin Wai Shi

Darn this novel was getting to be reallly interesting.
    Yo momma cat

The story is interesting so sometimes I just want to translate it. Not sure when I can update it next though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4 Peeping at Ghosts Dancing on a Cold Day

Yixiaofo tore Jin Lin's gown. There was no injury on his chest but there was a purple palm mark on his back with the finger marks imprinted deep into the flesh. Mo Xi breathed a gasp of cold air and said, "What a formidable palm."

Yixiaofo unblinkingly stared at the palm mark. After a while, he lifted his head up and looked at Shen Lang. "Has Master seen it?"

"I've seen it," Shen Lang answered.

Zhu Qiqi stomped her foot and said, "What did you see! Say it!"

"Purple Killing Hand!" Shen Lang answered.

Zhu Qiqi trembled. "This palm mark is Purple Killing Hand, really, really?"

Yixiaofo replied, "It cannot be false. In the past fifty years, there are only Beyond the Pass Divine Dragon, Poison Hand Soul Seeker, and Begging for Life Spirit who have this martial art. Besides them, there's no one else in Jianghu who can use this palm skill."

"But... But how can these three people not dead yet?" Mo Xi tremblingly asked.

Yixiaofo said each word slowly, "Right, these three people are definitely dead already."

The crowd looked at each other. Unconsciously, they started to shuffle closer and stood together.

Zhu Qiqi laughed and jokingly said, "Aiyo, hearing what you're saying, is somewhat scaring people. Since there's no one else who can use the 'Purple Killing Hand', then could those three people have climbed out of their graves and kill Jin... Jin Lin?" Her laughter was becoming lighter and lighter. She looked around, everyone was deathly quiet and their faces were pale. No one said a thing. She unconsciously felt dread in her heart and couldn't smile anymore.

Fire Child heard Zhu Qiqi talking about dead people, he felt really scared and involuntarily went closer to Shen Lang. He whispered, "It's... it's not fun here, it's... it's also very cold. Let's go back." His voice was slightly quivering.

"Why don't you two go back?" Shen Lang suggested.

"And you?" Fire Child queried.

Shen Lang smiled and replied, "I've never seen a ghost before. If I can see one today, that'll be very interesting... but there can't be too many people going to see the ghost. We don't want them getting scared and running away." He rarely talked, but once other people had been frightened speechless, he could still talk leisurely.

Yixiaofo laughed aloud and said, "I don't look that much different from a ghost. No matter whether it's a male or female ghost, once they see me, they would come instead of running away."

Shen Lang laughingly added, "It's best that Reverend can go too..." His eyes intentionally looked at 'Midnight and Noon Soul Snatching' Mo Xi and 'Silver Flower Dart' Sheng Lao.

Sheng Lao stepped forward and smiled slightly. "I'll follow behind brother."

Mo Xi chuckled. "The people in Jianghu call me the Soul and Ghost Snatcher. Today, me the fake ghost wants to see the real ghost." Although he laughed reluctantly, he still stepped out at the end.

"Ok, four people is enough..." Shen Lang said.

"How about me?" Zhu Qiqi queried.

"You're going back," Shen Lang replied.

"Hng, hng, what are you relying on to be giving me order? I'm not going back. Lao Ba, stick your neck out and be brave. If the ghosts killed us, we'd become ghosts too, so what's there to be scared of? Let's go in first, see who dares to stop us," Zhu Qiqi said.

(Lao Ba = Zhu Baye = Fire Child)

"I... I..." Fire Child stammered. He rolled his eyes and shook his head. He then laughed and said, "I'm not going, I see you also don't want to go."

"You're afraid of ghosts?" Zhu Qiqi severely said.

Fire Child laughed. "I'm not afraid of ghosts, but I'm afraid of Big Brother Shen. I don't dare not to listen to what he says." He quietly pulled on Zhu Qiqi's sleeve and whispered, "You always oppose him, but he's always nice towards you. If there's someone who always opposes you, do you think you'll like him?"

Zhu Qiqi took a glance at Shen Lang and let out a drawn out sigh. "Little ghost, I knew I shouldn't have taken you along. Once I take you along, I have to look after you. Ok, I'll go back with you."

"That's the way," said a smiling Fire Child.

The crowd seemingly still didn't want to go. Shen Lang laughed and said, "I'm afraid there's also something happening in the tavern. So I'm relying on you to control the situation there."

Wang Er Mazi agreed, "Right, even though it's dangerous here, going back won't be a walk in the park either. We'll separately handle each matter and we shouldn't be too relaxed about it."

Shen Lang smiled. "That's right." He turned around and went towards that mysterious 'ghost cave'.

Suddenly, he heard Zhu Qiqi shouting, "Shen Lang, you..."

"What is it?" Shen Lang turned his head back.

Zhu Qiqi bit her cherry lip and said, "You... you really want to get caught by ghosts?"

Fire Child laughed. "Big Brother Shen, my sister is really worried about you. But looking at your skill, what ghost can capture you? I'm not worried at all..." He turned his head to look at Wang Er Mazi and Xiao Muyun and laughingly said, "You guys have wanted to go from some time ago, what are you still waiting here for? Go, go, let's go together."

Shen Lang, Yixiaofo, Sheng Lao, and Mo Xi finally walked into that ghost cave which had claimed so many lives. When their shadows disappeared from sight, Wang Er Mazi and the other people also went on their way. Zhu Qiqi was still standing there looking stupefied. All of a sudden, tears flowed from her eyes.

"Why are you crying? It's not like he's not coming back," Fire Child said.

Zhu Qiqi hanged her head. "I don't know why. I'm... very afraid, Lao Ba! If he... if he also... can't... come back..."

Fire Child suddenly trembled and looked at that mountain which was filled with an eerie ghost aura. His red little face had now change into a deathly pale. They didn't say anything for a long time. Zhu Qiqi suddenly dashed forward quickly going into the cave.

"Sis..." Fire Child exclaimed in his great astonishment.

Zhu Qiqi didn't turn her head back and replied, "Why don't you go back and find granny Hua? I... I want to go look for him..." Her elegant white gown flashed and she couldn't be seen anymore.

Fire Child looked around and saw the wind blowing through the withered trees looking like rows of ghosts. The whole sky was filled with the mean and ferocious dancing of the snowflakes. This was the first time Fire Child had ever known what fear was. He couldn't bear it any longer and let out a loud call, "Sis, wait for me... wait for me..." He hurriedly dashed in.

Below the cliff, that pitch-black cave was just like a demon opening its mouth waiting to devour people. Outside the cave, piles of rocks were scattered throughout the ground covered by snow. The blackness of the cave contrasted with the whiteness of the snow, seemingly even more dangerous than the dark shadow of the forest, so dark that its bottom couldn't be seen. These two words 'ghost cave' was actually insufficient to describe how terrifying it was. But Zhu Qiqi didn't even hesitate in going in. Whether she would live or die after going in, she didn't even care. Even if she would die instantly, it would still be better than the feeling of worry waiting for Shen Lang on the outside.

Suddenly, she heard Fire Child behind her crying out, "Sis... wait for me..." After calling out a couple more times, seemed like he had fallen down and the crying out suddenly stopped. But it seemed he promptly got up and continued calling out, "Wait for me..." This cry was filled with fear and it was also very loud. After calling out a few more times, the voice sounded hoarse. Even though he was very brave, he was after all still a child and although Zhu Qiqi had a thought to not wait for him, she couldn't bear to. She stopped and hatefully said, "Little ghost, I told you to go back and you didn't... careful with your steps, don't fall down again..."

In the darkness, she saw Fire Child was staggering, falling down here and there as he walked further in. Zhu Qiqi quickly supported him. "Does it hurt?"

"Doesn't hurt," Fire Child replied bravely. His mouth might be saying it didn't hurt, but his voice had changed because of the pain. His little hand, gloved in deer skin mitten, was tightly holding on to Zhu Qiqi's delicate hand, not willing to relax his grip.

Zhu Qiqi let out a sigh and she mumbled, "I really don't know why father agreed to let you come out... Ai, still a scaredy cat kid, careful where you step." The two sister and brother, hand in hand, walked further in step by step. As they went deeper into the cave, the darkness enveloped them even more that they couldn't even see their own fingers.

They didn't know where Shen Lang and the other three people had gone to. But the whistling sound of the wind outside the cave had by now disappeared too. It was deathly quiet everywhere with only the cold moist air rushing at their nose. All of a sudden, an ice cold, sticky, and wet thing hit her. Zhu Qiqi shrieked in fright and struck out powerfully with her palm. With a 'zi', that thing flew away.

"Lao Ba, don't... don't be afraid, that's... that's... only a bat," Zhu Qiqi stammered. Even though she was saying not to be afraid, she was already trembling in fear.

They suddenly saw a shadow streaked past in front of them. A person's shadow. It quickly came to them. "Who's... Who's there?" Zhu Qiqi asked in her quivering voice.

"Is it Qiqi? I'm Shen Lang," That person's shadow asked.

Zhu Qiqi cried out and threw herself at him. She tightly held Shen Lang, her ice cold need glued to the warmness on Shen Lang's chest. But her whole body was still quivering incessantly.

Shen Lang caressed her hair continuously trying to comfort her. He sighed and said, "I didn't want you to come, but you come instead and got scared like this... Ai! Why are you putting yourself in such a misery?"

Zhu Qiqi suddenly pushed away from him and stomped her foot. "It's me who's too much, who wants me to help you in this ghost cave? If I'm willing to let you die, why... why would I suffer like this now?"

A fire was flickering somewhere far, its reflection was seen on her flowing tears. She hurriedly turned her head around. This tough girl, even though her tears was flowing because of Shen Lang, she still wasn't willing to let Shen Lang take a look at her tears. But how could Shen Lang not see it? He was dumbfounded for long time, before softly smiling and said, "Have a look, Lao Ba is much more well-behaved now. He looks just like a grown up, but you look like a kid instead."

"You look even more like a kid..." She gave Shen Lang a glare but her tears had broken into a smile. In between her smiles, it contained her unbounded tenderness, unbounded love, that even a man made of steel would melt after seeing her. But Shen Lang turned his head instead.

They saw Yixiaofo carrying a torch. He laughed aloud and said, "Is it Miss Zhu? I knew you would come and catch up with us... It's the stone gate just in front, quickly come you two." A booming laughter rang in the cave, its echo bouncing continously, making the dead air in the 'ghost cave' to suddenly have some life.

Zhu Qiqi's spirit was roused and she wiped her tears away. Then she loudly said, "Not two people, three people." With one hand pulling Shen Lang and the other hand pulling Fire Child, she strode forward into the cave.

Yixiaofo's eyes glinted. He saw Fire Child again had that sly and lively expression, he couldn't help laughing loudly. "Good, good kid, keep that sly face on. When the ghosts come, they'll be startled by you."

Shen Lang took the torch from Sheng Lao's hand. He lifted it high with his left hand and led the way in.

The flickering flame reflected of the rocks creating a terrifying atmosphere. It looked like thousands of demons had emerged from the faces of the rocks. With the cold wind blowing along the ground from straight in front, they saw the stone gate blocking their path. There was no engraved ornamental above the gate, but its size was incredibly massive. They stood below looking up and it was practically impossible to see the top.

In that moment, everyone suddenly couldn't help feeling small. Also, faced with this mysterious tomb cave, their fear had also deepened by a few notches. The two heavy stone gate was opened slightly in the middle. Even though there were traces of chiselling at the top of the stone gate, these two stone gates were very thick and each would weigh more than a thousand catty. It was obvious this gate was not forcefully opened by people.

Shen Lang jerked to a stop and turned his head around. "The first batch of ore diggers who discovered this place, how did they manage to go in? I'm not sure if that Yellow Horse understood everything!"

Yixiaofo wrinkled his eyebrows and in a deep voice replied, "According to Yellow Horse, those ore diggers were intoxicated with wine to drown their fear. Then they cooperated to open the gate and went in."

Shen Lang sighed and said, "But this gate obviously wasn't forcefully opened by anyone. There's something not right with Yellow Horse's story."

They looked at each other. After being quiet for a while, Zhu Qiqi asked in her trembling voice, "Since this gate wasn't opened by anyone, could... could it be the spectres inside the tomb who opened the gate to come out?" Every one of them had thought of this idea before, but when Zhu Qiqi uttered it at this time, they couldn't help shivering in fright.

"But... but..." Fire Child stuttered. His voice was also hoarse from fear. He coughed twice before continuing, "But the ghosts in this tomb already forbid anyone to go in. Why would they open the door? Could... could it be they hate to be... to be alone in the tomb, so they purposely cheated some people to go in to deliver their lives, so they would have some new ghosts to keep them company?"

YES more of this story
    thanks for the translating pokit

This and XAJH? You're too kind! Keep it up if you can though

Thanks pokit, for translating this story
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Pokit = awesome! Thanks for this and SPW!

Here's some more

------------------------------------------------------------------------

These words were just like adding oil to the fire. Zhu Qiqi angrily said, "Little... little ghost, non... sense." Her voice was also trembling.

'Midnight and Noon Soul Snatching' Mo Xi seemed to be startled even more and he couldn't stand still. "It... would be better to stop here first and wait for daylight before we... go in."

"Midnight and Noon Soul Snatching has been going south and rushing north for dozens of years already. In Jianghu, he can be regarded as someone with a big reputation. Why is he uttering this kind of words today?" Yixiaofo coldly said.

Shen Lang lightly sighed and continued what Mo Xi was trying to say, "But in this tomb, there are too many weird things happening already. Brother Mo isn't willing to go in at this time. Actually, this isn't unreasonable at all."

"Since we're already here, who still doesn't want to go in?" Yixiaofo angrily replied.

Shen Lang lowered his voice and said, "But, at this time, no matter who it is, if he wants to enter this stone gate, then no one will be able to anticipate whether he will live or die. Even though we can force other people to do something they don't want to do, we should never force them to do something that will cost them their lives." Yixiafo was surprised and before he could answer, Shen Lang already continued, "If Brother Mo isn't willing to go in, then please go back..."

Yixiafo suddenly laughed aloud. "He's going back by himself, I'm afraid he can give up any idea of going back alive."

Mo Xi's body shuddered and he was gritting his teeth. All of a sudden, he shouted, "Let's go in then." He flew and rushed into the stone gate. At the same time, he was also shouting, "Tomb's ghosts, whichever has the guts, come out and stake your death against uncle Mo's life, .... Come out... Come out... Hehe, haha, don't dare? You don't dare? .... Haha..." The mournful laughter surged through the cave, making the thick rock dust showering down.

"Has this guy gone insane?" Zhu Qiqi mumbled.

Shen Lang wrinkled his eyebrows slightly, then entered the stone gate lightning fast. He saw Mo Xi's hands were dancing and his legs were stomping, just like a crazy person. Shen Lang extended his hand and in an instant had sealed his meridians. "Brother Mo, you don't want your life anymore?"

Mo Xi shuddered, dropped his hands and stared blankly. At this time, the others had also come in. They were in a round hall with nine other gates at the other directions. A round arch was seen very high up above the hall. There seemed to be a drawing up there, but the arch was too high and the flame from the torch couldn't reach it. So they couldn't see clearly what the drawing was.

Inside the hall was empty, except for a round table in the middle. There was nothing else in there. This empty vastness seemed very gloomy. Zhu Qiqi and the others stood in the middle of the hall, just like putting their bodies in the middle of an empty tomb. That round arch was just like the vault of heaven situated high up there, while down below, the shadows of ghosts flickered gloomily...

"Actually... whose tomb is this?" Zhu Qiqi asked.

"I'm afraid even the emperor from ancient times wouldn't know also," Sheng Lao answered. He suddenly moved forward quickly like he had discovered something. With one step, he had arrived besides that stone table and extended his hand towards it.

"Stop," Shen Lang lightly shouted.

"On top of this table, there's..." Sheng Lao replied.

"No matter what, we all cannot touch it with our hands. It's essential that Brother Sheng remember this point..." Shen Lang said.

"Why?" Zhu Qiqi asked.

Shen Lang sighed and answered, "Have you forgotten how those people died? There might be poison anywhere on this place. If we touch anything, we can give up any idea..."

Suddenly, Fire Child was heard crying out in alarm, "The ghosts have come." Everyone was startled and turned their heads around. They saw the flickering of flame coming from the outside of the door to the left of Fire Child. The flame sparkled just like a ghost fire. Yixiafo severely shouted, "Chase!"

"Wait!" Shen Lang again shouted lightly. "There's bound to be some secret paths in this tomb. If reverend falls into one of these paths, I'm afraid it'll be impossible to find a way back. So we mustn't act rashly."

Sheng Lao sighed and said, "What brother said isn't wrong. According to what I know of the secret paths of the tomb from ancient times, unless you can get the map during its development then no one would be able to just come and go as they wish..." He had inadvertently turned his head around to take a look and his face had again turned miserable. He extended his hand towards the stone table and his fingers were continously shaking, while his mouth was making hissing noise but no words were coming out.

"What's there to be frightened of?" Yixiaofo angrily asked.

"Since I was seven years old, I've been in a dark room staring at incense and candles. It's been fifteen years now. Even though my eyesight isn't that excellent, there's no mosquito or ant that can think of escaping my eyes within thirty feet... just... just then I saw it clearly, I cannot be wrong," Sheng Lao answered.

It must be known 'Silver Flower Dart' Sheng Lao was originally from Wulin's south area and he was also the most illustrious of the projectile aristocratic family 'Sheng Family Stronghold' descendants. The descendants of the Sheng family had excellent eyesights and accurate hand technique. This was very well known in Jianghu. At this time, as Sheng Lao had already said this so confidently, then it was impossible that he would be wrong.

Beads of sweat flowed down like the rain from Mo Xi's forehead. He tremblingly said, "Don't joke about this. Who really took the iron tablet? Quickly say it and don't make us worry."

They looked at each other with all their faces looking serious, but no one said a word. Mo Xi hissed and shouted, "If no one took it, could that iron tablet have grown a pair of wings and flew away then?"

The voice echoed back from everywhere just like the cry of thunder, rumbling continuously. From near to far, and also from far to near. Obviously, this tomb was very deep and vast. But after the echo had finished, still no one had said a word.

Zhu Qiqi looked at Mo Xi with a cold sneer and she pondered, "This chap has a deer head and mouse eyes, dressing like that, maybe he's the one playing tricks."

Mo Xi looked at Sheng Lao and he pondered, "Could it be that he didn't see anything but he's only saying that he saw something to make other people suspicious and fearful, then he would take advantage of this?"

Sheng Lao gave a cold glance at Yixiaofo and pondered, "This Yixiaofo has good martial art, but I've never heard of his name in Jianghu before. Could it be possible that he's someone from this tomb and he's deliberately led us here to deliver our lives? If it's true, this iron tablet must've been taken by him."

Yixiaofo seemed to have wanted to say something, but he didn't dare to utter anything. He only looked at Shen Lang and pondered, "Hng, this little kid's origin is very suspicious, he's still so young, but his martial art is already so high. This astonishing and dubious matter, could it be possible that he's the one playing tricks with us?"

They looked at each other and suspicion aroused in their hearts. All of them couldn't help retreating for a few steps. You're looking whether there's a change in my expression? I'm looking whether your hands are doing something?

Only Shen Lang remained composed and calm, there wasn't a hint of worry in his face. He then heard Fire Child said, "There's ghosts outside, the iron tablet must've been taken by them. We shouldn't delay any longer, let's go and get it back."

The speech had not finished yet when Mo Xi cried out and fell down on the ground. Everyone was startled. Yixiaofo and Sheng Lao seemed like they were going to help but after just making three steps, they jerked to a stop.

Shen Lang helped Mo Xi up and saw his face was ashen and his eyes were full of fear. But both his eyes could still look here and there, his chest were also still going up and down; Shen Lang saw he didn't die and couldn't help letting out a sigh of relief. "Brother Mo, are you alright?"

"No... No," Mo Xi stuttered.

"What's the matter?" said a smiling Shen Lang.

"Just... Just then... Someone hit me from the back."

Zhu Qiqi sneered and said, "How can there be anyone behind your back? Were you dreaming?"

Mo Xi replied in a hissing voice, "Someone definitely hit me. My back is still hurting, if... if I tell any lies then let me be punished by heaven and not die a good death."

They looked at each other but no one uttered a word. Even the people who panted seemed to have gone.

Sheng Lao sneered and pondered, "Where's the person who hit him? This is only him saying it to make other people suspicious and fearful, then he'd take advantage of it."

Zhu Qiqi pondered, "Who's really playing tricks here? Could it be this fat monk?"

Yixiaofo pondered, "This little kid isn't the only suspicious one, that girl's background is probably not very good too. I mustn't be fooled by these two people."
    Last edited by pokit; 05-27-07 at 02:07 AM.

Shen Lang is one of the most sensible character and is such a nice person as well.

Thanks for the translation, pokit.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Junior Member GottschalkievBrahms's Avatar

Thus the group's fears and dreads became more severe, doubting and guarding themselves from one another, gazing at one another with distrust. The light from the torch flickered, their faces ashen like steel, the area between their eyebrows flooded with the intention to search for an opportunity to kill.

It was quiet like death, Mo Xi muttered, "Who threw this fist? Who?..." Suddenly with a loud gasp, he threw himself at Sheng Lao. With a severe tone he laughed, "Only you were close enough to hit me at that time, perhaps it's you who attacked me in the dark?

Sheng Lao responded furiously, "This is all just you pretending in the first place, and now you dare to accuse others."

Mo Xi gasped angrily, "Bullshit..." he raised a fist and rushed over.

Sheng Lao flipped backwards several feet, one hand reaching into his dart pouch. Mo Xi yelled, "Sheng Lao while your family's treasured projectiles are indeed formidable, do you think that I, "Midnight and Noon Soul Snatching", am afraid of you? Come, I want to see now if it's your Silver Flower Darts that are stronger or if it's my Soul Snatching Needles. A fight was on the verge of breaking out, the two men were like brandished swords or arrows in a pulled back bowstring. They were both famously skilled projectile martial artists, this challenge could not be taken back.

But at this time at this moment, how could the rest of the group just spectate. Yi Xiafo grunted severely and grabbed hold of Mo Xi while Shen Lang held Mo Xi back as well, and said in a deep voice, "How can you two fight amongst each other at this time, if an enemy in the shadows were to see it..."

Mo Xi quavered, "How could there be someone in the shadows?"

Shen Lang spoke again, "If there was nobody in the shadows, then who threw that punch?"

The Fire Child spoke vigorously, "Ghost...ghost... It must be a ghost..."

With a puff sound, the torch in Yi xiaofo's hand was extinguished. The darkness of the cave grew even deeper, the group's chills grew colder.

Yi Xiaofo sputtered out a laugh, "Fine, Fine, fight, just fight. Not one of us is going to make it out of here alive anyway, might as well just watch you two fight to your satisfactions."

Even though Yi Xiaofo had already let go of Mo Xi's arm, Mo Xi's arm just trembled, how could he dare to attack?

Sheng Lao spoke loudly, "Whether we go in or go out, we must decide this quickly. Even rushing in and dying is much better than waiting here to die."

His words still unfinished, Shen lang suddenly blew out the torch in his hands. It was all black, really a situation of "outstretching one's hand and not seeing one's fingers". Everyone let out a yell, Yi Xiaofo spoke, "What... what is the meaning of this?"

Shen Lang spoke, "The fire from this torch is extremely valuable, whether we choose to advance or not we cannot be without it. What good is it to wait until we've decided and then have no fire to light our path afterwards?"

When everyone had thought of moving on without fire to light their path, they couldn't help but let out a cold breath.

Sheng Lao sighed, "It's benefactor who's thought this out appropriately. Without fire we can neither advance nor escape, we'd really be trapped here alive."

Suddenly in the dark, there was only Fire Child's sound, letting out a yell, "Seventh Sister, what did you pinch me for?"

Zhu qiqi responded, "When.. when did I pinch anyone?"

The fire child spoke, "But.. if it wasn't you, then.. then who?"

Shen Lang, Sheng Lao, Mo Xi, Yi Xiaofo spoke at once with their heads tilted down, "not me."

Their words finished, all of them were suddenly frightened to their bones and hairs. Thinking about what kind of person could be in the darkness amongst them, pinching one and punching another, they all felt masses of tiny chills come from their skin and through their hair; their clothes still coool but soaked through with cold sweat.

Fire child trembled, "Go... go, just a little forward and go..."

The sound stopped again suddenly, in the darkness there were only the sounds of steps, "Deng! deng! deng... " Step by step, lurking closer and closer, each step was like stepping on their hearts.

They all tightened up refusing to fall and sputtered, "Who.. Who's here?"

A voice from outside responded, "Who are you?"

Yi Xiao Fo and Zhu Qiqi held up both fists to protect their chest. Sheng Lao and Mo Xi clasped tightly to their projectile weapons. The glow from a torch flickered from outside and entered through the gate but the sound of the footsteps stopped at the gate.

In the dim light, Yi Xiaofo swept over to the side of the gate and gestured to Sheng Lao. Sheng Lao spoke out, "Friend outside the door, please enter."
    Last edited by GottschalkievBrahms; 09-23-07 at 10:03 AM.

Outside it was faint, just past noon, suddenly a palm reached in from outside the gate, one palm slapped at the right door and with a thunderous "peng" sound the gate flew open several feet. Yi Xiaofo had no way to hide behind the door now and rose up several feet. As the shadow outside the door approached, "Midnight and Noon Soul Snatcher" Mo Xi silently raised his hand flinging out a poison needle but from the "ding, ding" sounds the poison needles ended up hitting only the right door. At this moment, the famous "Midnight and Noon Soul Snatcher" had lost confidence at heart and trembled in his hands, even his projectiles had lost their accuracy.

As the glow from the flames flickered, a tall man entered lifting his torch high blasting the doors open. The shape of his body straight as a golden bell, his back was covered by a seemingly unending dark cloak, he projected a cold and shivering power. No one could take their eyes off him. Everyone now saw clearly
    , this man was the kite backed wasp waisted, eagle eyed broad mouthed man. It appeared that after he sent his wife and daughter back to the inn, he came back.

Mo Xi gasped, "So it was you."

The man responded coldly, "Friend you didn't check to see if I was friend or foe and attacked with poison, isn't this a bit too savage?"

Mo Xi laughed like a dry cough, "This..."

Yi Xiaofo suddenly spoke with a stern voice, "At this time everyone here's life is as fragile as a stack of eggs. Whoever strikes first is strongest, even if we're wrong, it's still better than dying at the hands of another. Friend, if you still refuse to make clear your surname and background, I will not wait to distinguish if you are friend or foe, and it will be hard to avoid offense."

The large man was angered, "You're saying even I am suspect as the ghost of this cave?"

Yi Xiaofo spoke, "It is very hard to say."

The large man looked up and laughed, "My surname and origins are not something that you necessarily cannot know, but I first must ask you, do you know in the past years what four sentences Large Sorrow Monk* used to speak?

*Not sure how to translate 大悲上人

Yi Xiafo thought for a bit, the color of his faced changed, he spoke deeply, "Could it be that... 'White clouds reappears at dawn, purple demon resurfaces, in the vast martial world, the chaos shall now begin!"

That large man spoke severely, "Correct! That eminent monk, ten years ago he could predict the troubles for the current martial arts world, after he'd spoken these words he swallowed his tears and left. What he'd predicted was that when the Purple Demon Hand had reappeared in the martial world, the chaos would begin once again.

Yi Xiaofo gasped, "What does this have to do with you?"

The large man laughed wildly, "Take a good look at what this is."

Still laughing wildly, he slowly extended his palm. Under the flickering torchlight, his hand shown with five fingers like string beans and a deeply purple palm, emitting an ethereal demonic glow.

Everyone was terrified and spoke out, "Purple Demon Hand."

The large man spoke deeply word by word, "Correct, the divine dragon of the chaotic world, Purple Demon Hand..."

Mo Xi sputtered a gasp, "A fine traitor, so you were the one who killed the Anyang Five Riteous." His palm quickly flew upward releasing another batch of projectile weapons.

That "Divine Dragon of the chaotic world, Purple Demon Hand" made a stern gutteral sound and waved his hands knocking all the projectile weapons to the ground. He spoke severely, "Have you gone crazy? What are you talking about?"

Mo Xi ground his teeth angrily, "The Anyang Five Righteous clearly died under the Purple Demon Hand, other than you, who else can perform the Purple Demon Hand? Re.. Return their lives now." With a swallowing sound he threw himself forward, one palm smacking at the large man's chest - but before the palm was completely thrown, Shen Lang lightly grabbed hold of Mo Xi's elbow. Mo Xi spat out, "You... what are you intending to do?"

Thumbs up

Thank you Gotts, i am really hooked to this story, hope you will carry on with the work.

thank you so much, always wanted to read about Shen Lang

I noticed there a few translators working on this piece.
    So i thought I might thank you all.
    Also i wanted to sing a line from a Bily Idol Song, goes like this...
    "I want more, more, more".

Props to all!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Yeah, thanks to everyone.

WuLin Wai shi is one of GL's better works that certainly deserves a full translation if possible.
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Np guys. I don't know how long I'll keep it up since my classes are going to be getting busier soon but probably at least to chapter 5 (these chapters are pretty long though ).

Shen Lang answered, "Brother Mo please calm down and think about this clearly. When the Anyang Five Righteous were attacked, You I and this man were all together, how could he split himself in two and come here before us?" Mo Xi thought for a while and being stupefied, he let his palm down.

The large man spoke out angrily, "What the hell are you talking about? Have you all been scared crazy in here?"

Shen Lang cupped his fists and laughed, "Sorry to ask brother, but according to the rumors the former Shen Long* of the past, Hero Liu** was said to have had a single daughter, don't know if her relationship with brother..."

*It's what I've been translating as Divine Dragon, but apparently Shen Long may either be referring a particular kind of deity or some period of time related to Empress Wu but probably the former.

**The willow tree Liu not Liu Bei's Liu

The large man cut in, "That girl is Zhuo Jian."

Shen Lang responded, "Ah I didn't imagine that brother was Hero Liu's son-in-law, my apologies." He continued with a more sophisticated tone, "Every martial artist in Wulin knows that the Purple Demon Hand is the most extreme Yang* skill, unmatched in the entire world. But it requires an appropriately Yang natured male to practice it, and in the past after the "Venomous Hand Chasing the Soul" master and student met with peril, and "Yao Ming** Divine Beggar" disappeared, there were no more suitable practitioners. Hero Liu having only had a daughter, it was said around the martial world that the legacy of the "Purple Demon Hand" would end there. But it was unimaginable that even though Hero Liu's precious body was unsuitable to learn this hand, he would pass the training manual onto you brother. The story of this unique skill of the martial world truly must be told, congratulations."

*Yang as in Yin-Yang
    **No not the basketball player. There are two ways to translate this Yao Ming 要命 and I'm not sure whether it's the seeking another person's life definition or the extremely dire definition.

That large man curled his lips smiling, he spoke slowly, "Brother you are truly a brilliant young talent, able to speak the story of a martial arts palm skill as your own family treasure. Brother must be the disciple of a famous clan no doubt."

Shen Lang responded humbly, "My name is Shen Lang, and I am a detective*, and you brother? What is brother's name?"

Not sure how to translate 小卒耳

The large man answered, "Tie Huahe*"

*Iron Transforming Crane

Shen Lang laughed, "The Divine Dragon of the World of Chaos, a man that has become a crane, truly a great man with a brilliant name."

Tie Huahe laughed loudly, "Brother's words are too elegant." The intent to kill that built up between Tie Huahe's eyebrows had dissipated with just a few sentences from Shen Lang.

Shen Lang collected his smiling face and spoke deeply, "But at this time there must be one other person unbeknownst to brother who can use the secret "Purple Demon Hand" technique."
    Last edited by GottschalkievBrahms; 09-27-07 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Woops, had a bad version that transcripted transforming hua as flower hua.

More plz.
    u translators are funny.
    allways leaving us on cliff hangers

Tie Huahe creased his eyebrows, "Why's that?"

Shen Lang recounted the situation of how the Anyang Five Righteous
    were found dead from the "Purple Demon Hand". Hearing this, Tie Huahe's expression immediately changed and spoke severely, "I didn't know that there was such a strange happening in this tomb. The Venomous Hand Chasing the Soul master and disciple died and the Deadly Divine Beggar left no heirs, so how could someone learn the "Purple Demon Hand"? I must resolve this matter today." Tie Huahe lifted up the torch and in large steps, he walked farther into the tomb.

(I made some mistakes translating these guys names before but I've decided on Venomous Hand Chasing the Soul and Deadly Divine Beggar)

Yi Xiaofo laughed loudly, "Good, it's Brother Tie that has guts. If you don't enter the cave of the tiger, how can you catch any tiger cubs?*" and walking with Tie Huahe through the first gate on the right, he spoke backwards, "Mo Xi, Sheng Lao, do you dare to come with?"

*This is a saying that means, if you don't risk something then you don't get something.

Mo Xi and sheng Lao took a look at each other, finally they hardened their heads and walked forward.

Zhu Qiqi looked at Shen Lang, "What about us?"

Shen Lang looked up, the four mens' shadows had already went past the gate and the light of the torch already seemed far away. The corner of his lips suddenly filled with a subtle smile. Looking at Fire Child he said, "What do you say?"

Fire Child spoke in a trill, "We should probably leave, in this place... there's definitely a..."

Before he could say the word "ghost", Shen Lang suddenly attacked like a gust of wind, His thumb, index and middle fingers tightly latched onto the Fire Child's Veins. With a pat of his left palm, Shen Lang patted on Fire Child's Major Qu Chi* pressure point.

*http://www.21nx.com/c/am/xue/quchi.html

Zhu Qiqi was startled, "What are you doing?"

Shen Lang answered, "You still think this is your Eighth Brother?" He handed the torch in his left hand to Zhu Qiqi and spoke seriously, "Have a good look at who this person is." He followed by taking off the Fire Child's mask and exposed a chicken skinned crane haired face -- it seemed that when Fire Child had entered the cave, he was already switched with Hua Ruixian*".(One of the previous translators translated this as Hua Xinxian but the version I have says Rui instead of Xin, anyway this person is the one that they all confused Fire Child for at the beginning of the book).

Zhu Qiqi was even more alarmed, "Eighth Brother then? What did you do with him?"

Hua Ruixian had been suddenly captured, thus she was also frightened, she spoke "I depressed his pressure point, wrapped him up in a fur coat and hid him. He won't have had any problems in the short time since."
    Last edited by GottschalkievBrahms; 09-27-07 at 08:43 AM.

traslator asked "are people even reading this"...
    yes im not reading the translation.
    lol
    But thanks for translating this book so i dont read it...

lol.

Thanks a lot GottschalkievBrahms
    So far I've been lurking ard, but I do appreciate all the hard work that has been done by all the translator in this forum. In fact I always check this forum at least once a day

Keep up the your good work