Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Wu Lin Wai Shi

Quote Originally Posted by rati4u View Post
    thanks for a great work Hoju....falling in love slowly..
    With me or the story?

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Hah oops! Call me Guo Dalu

Quote Originally Posted by King_Kong_1981 View Post
    can somoene tell me how many chapters this story is
    This is one of the longer novels of GL. It isn't quite as long as Legendary Siblings, but quite close. I believe it's 44 chapters in total.

Finishing off this chapter. I'm going to be away so the next update will not be for a couple of weeks.

Chapter 4 continued.....
    --------------------------------------------------

After the stone gate had fallen, Shen Lang, Zhu Qiqi, and Hua Ruixian found themselves in darkness so thick they could not see each other’s faces, even at a close distance. Shen Lang was gripping tightly onto Hua Ruixian’s wrist and not letting go. Zhu Qiqi, on the other hand, had wrapped her arms around Shen Lang’s neck. Standing up on her tiptoes, she pressed her cute dimple against Shen Lang’s cheek and with a soft sigh, murmured, “So nice…”

Hua Ruixian jeered in an icy tone, “We are going to die soon. What could be so nice?”

Zhu Qiqi’s voice was unhurried as she explained, “In this dreamlike darkness, we can be close and snuggle up against one another. Even if I should die, it would still be nice.” She breathed another little sigh. “I do not want a third person here beside us. Let… let go of her hand and let her leave.”

Shen Lang replied, “Xiao Jie [Miss; usually to address daughter of a rich/prominent family], you may want to die, but I have not lived long enough yet. I am not going to set her free.”

Zhu Qiqi turned her head and gave him a fierce bite before crying hatefully, “You heartless little animal who does not understand romance. I hate you. I… I really want to bite you to death.”

In her cold voice, Hua Ruixian interrupted, “Hurry and bite him. The faster the better.”

Shen Lang pulled Zhu Qiqi’s arms off of himself. “Give it to me.”

“Give what to you?” Zhu Qiqi asked.

“The fire tube.”

“I don’t have it,” she denied.

“I watched you snuff it out and put it away in the left side of your garment by your bosom,” he told her. “You even wrapped it inside a white handkerchief. Am I correct?”

She angrily stamped her feet several times and yelled, “You devil… devil! Take it and go die!” She fished out the fire tube and tossed it at him. Although they were surrounded by blackness, Shen Lang stretched out his arm and caught the tube squarely in his hand. With a shake, it immediately lit up. Something could be seen radiating through Zhu Qiqi’s reddened cheeks and from within her eyes, but it was uncertain: was it hate? Or love?

With a little smile on his face, Shen Lang instructed, “Now that we have light, we can forge on inside. Let’s go.”

“Who wants to go with you?” Zhu Qiqi huffed. She stomped her foot and turned around. After a while, she could not help stealing a backwards glance and saw that Shen Lang had already walked away, dragging Hua Ruixian with him. Grating her teeth, she called after him, “Fine! If you will not bother with me, then you leave. I… I will just die right here and see what you will do.”

Shen Lang did not even turn his head back. Laughing, he commented, “Look at who is behind you. Do not let him…”

Before he had finished his sentence, Zhu Qiqi had already let out a squeal and sprinted over towards them. Raising her dainty fists, she hit Shen Lang’s shoulder more than ten times. Yet, even though her lips were repeatedly rebuking him, “You jerk, I’m going to strangle you to death,” her hands were still gentle on him, and even though her mouth kept denying, “I am not going with you,” her legs still followed him.

The three of them walked for half a day until they saw a heavy door that was half open. Inside the doorway was a coffin and on the coffin was a lamp. Zhu Qiqi mused, “Could there be someone inside there? I am going in to take a look.”

She stepped forward, but had not yet crossed the doorway when she suddenly heard Shen Lang scolding her lightly, “Cannot go in there.”

“Why? I am going in, just because.”

Shen Lang sighed, “Guniang [Miss], can you not see that this is a trap used by the other party to entice their enemy? If you go in, the door is going to immediately close behind you.”

Zhu Qiqi’s eyes twinkled and with a sudden “pfft,” she laughed, “You can be considered clever.”

The three continued walking onward, and after a while, they came to a fork in the passage that branched off in three directions. At the intersection of the branches was a blood-covered arm pointing towards the left. In the right passageway, skeletons of dead people were faintly visible. Zhu Qiqi blinked her eyes. “Let’s walk down the middle path.”

Shen Lang thought it through, “As the saying goes: ‘Within solidness there is emptiness; within emptiness there is solidness.’ The path on the right may look perilous, but it is the only route that leads to the center of this tomb, and the pivotal secret of the tomb surely lies in its very center. The middle path must absolutely not be taken.”

“Why are there eight gates outside then?” Zhu Qiqi questioned.

“I now see that the eight doors outside are all a tactic used to mislead the enemy. These eight routes are not only all the same, furthermore, they all lead to the same endpoint. It is just that each route must certainly have many branches in it and will definitely have numerous traps. So long as we can avoid the traps and take the right path, we will undoubtedly find out the ultimate secret of this place.” While he had been speaking, they had entered the right side passageway.

With a cold smirk, Hua Ruixian scorned, “Hua Gengxian has always been cautious and thorough in everything he does. You will never be able to discover his secret. You should just hurry and go back. Why send yourself into death?”

Shen Lang not only ignored her, he did not even give her a single glance. They suddenly heard Zhu Qiqi give an ecstatic shout. “It’s right… it’s right. We must have taken the right route.” They saw a dazzling glow shining from where she was pointing at. Rare and precious treasures filled a stone chamber. The look on Hua Ruixian’s face had changed greatly. Zhu Qiqi had grown up in a very affluent family, but any young girl who saw such a large amount of riches would not be able to avoid the feelings of adoration that would come from deep within the heart. She could not help herself as she ran over. She wanted to take hold of those treasures, caress them gently, look over them in detail. But just as she was stretching her palm out, she was pulled back by Shen Lang again.

“What are you doing pulling me back?” Zhu Qiqi snapped.

“You grew up in a wealthy family. Have you not realized that there are no riches that can have such a brilliant splendor? There must be something strange about them. If you want to live to find out the secret of this place, it would be best if you did not touch them.”

Zhu Qiqi nibbled on her lip. “Alright. I will listen to you one more time.”

Hua Ruixian gave another cold laugh. “You are smart. This is also a specialty of Hua Gengxian. The outer shell of these treasures is made from his secret concoction and it is filled with poisons. Regardless of who it may be, it is instant death upon contact for them.”

She went on in a big rant, but Shen Lang continued to pay her no attention. They pressed onward, and there were more crooks and twists in the passage. All of a sudden, a human shadow flew out from the left side, then vanished on the right. In the same moment that the silhouette had streaked by, it had raised its arm and, with the rushing sound of wind, unleashed four bolts of gloomy gray light straight at Shen Lang, Zhu Qiqi, and Hua Ruixian.

The distance between them had been close and the attack had been unexpected. In addition, this secret passage was dark and endlessly long so that, even with the faint light from the fire tube illuminating the way, one still could not see clearly inside. These four projectiles weapons were coming towards them with such rapid momentum that no one should have been able to defend against it. But Shen Lang’s right arm suddenly made a circular arc, and then, there seemed to be some sort of invisible force pulling on the weapons. With three sounds of “pu, pu, pu!, the three streaks of gray light all went into Shen Lang’s sleeve.

Zhu Qiqi was frightened and filled with admiration and delighted, all at the same time. As she calmed herself, out of the corner of her eye, she caught a glimpse of those three projectile weapons and saw that they were three uniquely forged short arrows, nine inches in length and glinting with a gray light. Seeing this, she could not help quavering, “The arrows… arrows… could they have been fired from that… that Death God’s hand?”

Shen Lang tore off a portion of his sleeve and used it to pad the inside of his hand before pulling out the three arrows. Although there was a piece of cloth in between, where his hand came into contact with the arrows, Shen Lang could feel an intense cold penetrating to his bone. While his face remained composed, he could not restrain the shock that flooded his heart. Using the light of the fire tube, he looked over them intently a few times. Immediately, his brow unfurled and with a long laugh, he stated, “So that is how it is.”

The look on Zhu Qiqi’s face was both astonished and delighted also. She actually clapped her hands as she repeated his words, “So that is how it is… though the arrows fired by this Death God may seem mystifying and incredible, it turns out that they are nothing more than just this.” They suddenly heard again, coming from down the winding corridor, the vague sound of that terrifying singing:

The cold moon shines on the lonely mound [the word in original Chinese text actually refers to a burial mound].
    The Death God draws his bow at night.
    The burning lamp seeks for the white feather.
    Changing to enter
    [or dissolved into] the blood shed in righteous cause.”

When they had heard the singing previously, it really did seem to be filled with an ominous, chilling, and mysterious air, but as Shen Lang listened to it now, he could not help laughing loudly. “What ghost arrows? They are nothing more than a few ice arrows.” This mystery that nobody could explain, when exposed, was really not even worth a cent. It turns out that the arrows fired from the Death God’s bow were actually formed from ice. Applying the force of internal energy to them would enable them to pass through flesh and skin, but once they hit the hot blood inside a human body, they would immediately melt and become liquid. Therefore, when someone went looking for them, they naturally would not find anything.

Zhu Qiqi was gasping for breath as she laughed. “You have to give it to these people for thinking up these clever ploys. If they had not been uncovered, we really would have been scared half to death by him. But if it was not a time when the skies were cold and the earth was chilly, he would have no hope of playing these ruses.”

Shen Lang warned, “Do not think of these too simplistically. The water used to form these ice arrows undoubtedly contains an extremely formidable type of venomous fluid. The instant they contact human blood, they will melt and disperse to all four limbs. That is why they are able to kill a person immediately.” As he was speaking, with a casual flick of his arm, he had tossed those three “ghost arrows” far away.

Zhu Qiqi pouted at him. “But anyhow, we have at least seen through all the ploys of this tomb. I would like to see what else they may have…” Before her sentence was finished, a crack suddenly appeared in the smooth stone wall behind her and thick smoke poured out. Zhu Qiqi did not have the chance to hold her breath before her head felt a wave of dizziness. She collapsed onto the floor, unaware of anything else.

End of Chapter 4

Wow, thanks for sharing this great novel. Shen Lang was always one of the characters I wanted to discover more. Thanks again

Default CHAPTER 5

------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter 5 – Many Strange Changes in the Ancient Tomb
    ------------------------------------------------------------

When Zhu Qiqi regained consciousness, even though her head still felt dizzy and heavy, like just awakening from a drunken slumber, she could still see that she was sitting in the corner of a stone chamber that was filled with a damp and mouldy air. Her four limbs were not bound up but her entire body felt limp, and she could not move. As her eyes moved around, she saw that Shen Lang and Hua Ruixian were actually by her side, and they, too, were unable to move. Alarmed and frightened, she cried in a hoarse voice, “Shen Lang, how… how could it be that you are like this too?” She was not concerned at all about things that happened to her, but seeing Shen Lang like this made her heart ache like it had been torn. With a faint smile, Shen Lang shook his head and did not speak. His expression was still calm like usual.

Hua Ruixian’s face, though, showed a look of smugness as, in an unhurried tone, she gloated, “That tranquilizing incense is also a secret formula of Hua Gengxian. Even I do not know it. Its name is ‘Deity Inebriated for One Day.’ As long as a trace of it is inhaled, even a divine being will be intoxicated for a day, and even if consciousness is regained, the four limbs will still be weak and unable to move. If you are both willing to agree that, from now onward, you will never speak out about matters regarding this secret, I can still put in a couple good words for you when I see Hua Gengxian in a moment.”

Zhu Qiqi mustered all the strength that she had and shouted, “Bull***p! I did not realize that you, ungrateful old hag, were actually such a b**tard! No wonder every person in wulin wants to slaughter you.”

“You rude and vicious girl!” Hua Ruixian roared in fury. “Even now, you still dare to curse people……” All of a sudden, a stone door cracked open slowly, and a blinding light came shining in from outside. Hua Ruixian cackled loudly, “Alright, alright. My Dage has come. Let us see how long your xiao jie [*young miss; daughter of rich/prominent family] temper can last.”

The light shifted, now shining directly on Shen Lang, Zhu Qiqi, and Hua Ruixian’s faces. It was not known what sort of lamp was giving off that light; it really was very strong. As the light shone upon Shen Lang and the others, for a little while, they actually could not open their eyes or see what was going on in front them. But in that moment, a gray-clothed figure flew rapidly into the room and, in a swaggering manner, seated himself behind that light. With an unhurried tone, he addressed them, “You three have come from afar to this place, yet I did not go out far to welcome you. Please forgive my wrong, forgive my wrong.” He was speaking words of courtesy, but his voice was icy, without even half a bit of friendliness in it. As each word was articulated, it seemed to first freeze on the tip of his tongue before bursting out between the cracks of his teeth.

Through squinted eyes, Hua Ruixian had vaguely seen a human shadow flit into the room and had assumed it was her dage; hence, she had shown an expression of happiness. However, as she heard this voice, she could not stop the look on her face from changing. “Who are you? Are you my dage, Hua Gengxian’s disciple? Why are you not hurrying over here to undo the effects of my tranquilizing incense?” she screeched.

It seemed that the gray-clothed figure did not even hear her words. He continued in his cold tone, “You have tired yourselves on the journey. Since you have already arrived here, then please relax and recuperate. If there is anything you need, please feel free to command me, and I will immediately tell someone to bring it here.”

Zhu Qiqi was so agitated her face had turned red long ago, and now, she could not restrain herself anymore as she cried loudly, “Just who are you? What evil intentions do you have in tricking us here? You… what do you really want to do to us? Kill or torture [‘gua’ means to cut off flesh], say it out quickly!”

The sound of the gray-clothed man’s voice carried over from behind the lamplight. “I had heard that the daughter [‘qian jin’; literally thousand gold; honorific for ‘daughter’] of Zhu BaiWan [‘bai wan’ means million or millions] of Jiangnan has actually set aside her esteemed greatness and has graced this place with her presence. I believe she should be this guniang [miss]? Truly such a fortunate meeting for me.”

Angrily, Zhu Qiqi snapped, “So what if I am?”

The gray-clothed man responded, “Quite a few of the famous heroes in wulin have already been invited into this place by me. For what reason? I had originally wanted to wait until you were all rested before I said, but since Zhu Guniang has already asked, I dare not refuse to answer, especially since there are many things in the future in which I must rely on Zhu Guniang’s support...”

“Hurry up and say it!” Zhu Qiqi yelled.

Right then, if her body had been able to move, regardless of who her adversary was, she still would have jumped up and challenged him to a fight of life and death. However, the gray-clothed man’s composure did not change, as he spoke in his cold voice, “I invited all of you here to this place without a trace of evil intentions. If all of you should wish to go back, you may do so at any time. Not only will I not try to stop you, I, in fact, will prepare some wine to bid you farewell.”

Zhu Qiqi paused briefly in astonishment. “That is strange…,” she mused.

She had not yet completed her thought when the gray-clothed man carried on, “But before each of you leaves, you must first write a brief letter.”

“What sort of letter?” she asked.

“I request that everyone writes a letter to their families saying that each of you is absolutely safe right now. And regarding the responsibility of your wellbeing, I [‘zaixia’; humble way of referring to oneself; literally means ‘underneath’] more or less have contributed a small amount. Therefore, if all of you should even faintly have a heart of gratitude, then you should also add in your letter a request to your father, brothers, and sisters in your family to deliver some gold and silver here as a reward to me for my hard work in protecting you.”

Zhu Qiqi’s voice was quavering as she exclaimed, “You are actually… you are actually a kidnapper.”
    Last edited by Hoju!; 04-15-08 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Revised chapter title

this series is quite interesting i tried to ignore if for awhiloe but decided to check it out again i love shenlang and his relation ship with the da xiao jie thanks for the update Hoju! higly appreciated! the immense efforts yo9u put into translation is absolutely amazing and brightens my day a little bit every time i see a newupdate thank you please accept my babai

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    With me or the story?
    of course both....hoju is lovable

I, too, am really loving Shen Lang and Zhu Qiqi.

Chapter 5 continued.....

A short, piercing laugh, like the sound of a wolf’s howls, seemed to come from the gray-clothed man’s throat, yet his voice was still calm. It was a poised, gentle, and, at the same time, callous type of calm. “For a great painter, Guniang, how can you regard him the same as a commonplace craftsman. For a gold and silver collector such as I, Guniang, it, too, is not appropriate to use ‘kidnapper’ as a mode of address.”

“Gold and silver collector… Hmph, hmph. Bull***p!” Zhu Qiqi spat back.

The gray-clothed man did not grow angry. He continued to speak in his calm tone. “I put so much thought in to everything before I could successfully invite all of you here, and I guarded your safety in such a considerate way. Based on these two points and that I am merely asking for a few of your worldly items in exchange, I already feel aggrieved. If you all continue to be begrudging in your giving, how can I not feel even more hurt?”

Shen Lang suddenly gave a faint smile and spoke up, “Those words are quite true. How much money would you like?”

“Objects can be expensive or cheap; people can be noble or lowly. Naturally, what each of you is worth will be different. For the ordinary layman like Fang Qianli or Zhan Yingsong, if I request too much money from them, I would actually overstate their status. I would absolutely loathe doing something like that.”

He was clearly demanding money from others, yet his lips still said words like he was giving people face. As Zhu Qiqi listened to this, she was both angered and amused at the same time and could not help asking the question again, “So how much do you actually want?”

“I merely asked for fifteen thousand liang from Zhan Yingsong,” he answered her. “But Guniang, for you… at least one hundred fifty thousand liang…”

In astonishment, Zhu Qiqi echoed, “One hundred fifty thousand liang?”

The gray-clothed man explained casually, “Based solely on Guniang’s wit and cleverness and Guniang’s status, your worth has already exceeded Zhan Yingsong and the others tenfold. Should I request anything less than this amount, then I have looked down on you. I believe Guniang would never want me to look down on you, yes?”

Zhu Qiqi was still in amazement from his words. Quite a while passed before she glared at him angrily and retorted, “Bull***p yes. You… you are simply a lunatic, a wolf, a cruel and malicious ghost…”

By now, though, the gray-clothed figure’s target had switched over to Shen Lang, and regardless of how she cursed him, he did not acknowledge her at all. “As for this gongzi [young master], he is handsome and suave [literally, ‘jade tree in the wind’], is outstanding from the crowd, has a clever and nimble mind, and is extremely intelligent. If I ask for one hundred fifty thousand, that would not be unreasonable…”

With a loud laugh, Shen Lang said, “Thank you, thank you. I never thought that you would think so highly of me. I really am overwhelmingly flattered. What is one hundred fifty thousand liang worth in comparison?”

With a sharp laugh, the gray-clothed man responded, “Gongzi is such an understanding person. Now, as for this Hua… Hua…”

Hua Ruixian snapped at him, “What ‘Hua?’ You are not thinking of asking for money from me also, are you?”

The gray-clothed man answered her calmly, “Even though your size is like that of a midget and you are extremely old and ugly, you cannot be considered worthless.”

“Bull****! Beast! You… you…” Hua Ruixian spat furiously.

The gray-clothed man ignored her and carried on, “You may not think highly of yourself, but I cannot look down on you too much. At the very least, I should request twenty, thirty liang of silver as a small expression of my respect for you.”

Although Zhu Qiqi was filled with anxiousness and rage, after she heard his words, she could not help wanting to laugh and cry at the same time, but yet was not able to. The veins on Hua Ruixian’s forehead were bulging out as she roared, “Animal! Once my dage arrives, he will yank out your tendons, rip off your skin, and chop your corpse into ten thousand pieces.”

“Who is your dage?” the gray-clothed man asked.

Raising her voice, she announced, “Hua Gengxian. Do you honestly not know? Why bother playing the fool?”

“Hua Gengxian,” the gray-clothed man repeated coldly. “Yes, this person truly did have some good abilities. It is a pity, though, that he died in the battle on HengShan. I am afraid of everything, but for some reason, ghosts are the exception.”

Livid, Hua Ruixian howled, “He is the mastermind behind this scheme. How dare you…”

The gray-clothed man cut her off. “The mastermind behind this is, humbly, yours truly.” His voice was soft and composed, yet no matter how loud anyone yelled, he was still able to cut them off with just a single, quietly-spoken sentence.

Hua Ruixian’s body gave a tremble, but in an instant, she was yelling angrily again, “Bull****! Do not try and fool me, you little beast! If Hua Gengxian is dead, then where did those treasures that shatter so easily or ‘Deity Inebriated for One Day’ come from?”

Speaking each word clearly, the gray-clothed man announced, “Those, too, were made by my hands.”

The change in the expression on her face was wretched as she cried hoarsely, “You are lying to me! You are lying to me! My brother is the only one in this entire world who knows those secret concoctions…… Hua Gengxian… Dage, where are you…?”

Suddenly, the sound of rushing wind passed through the light and struck the “Mute Acupoint” [Ya Xue] that was below her throat and near the collarbone. She had not even finished speaking the two words, “are you” before her voice suddenly seemed to become stuck in her throat, and she could not say another word. The fierceness, accuracy, and steadiness of this gray-clothed figure’s ability to strike acupoints through a spatial distance were such that most wulin masters could not even dream of.

The gray-clothed man apologized, “I did not mean to be rude, only this Madam Hua’s voice really is too clamorous. I was afraid that she may tire herself, and hence, I had no choice but to ask her to have a rest.”

“You are too kind,” Zhu Qiqi laughed coolly.

The gray-clothed man responded, “Since I have chosen to bear the responsibility of your safety, naturally, I must also consider all of your needs.”

Zhu Qiqi was so maddened by him that she felt she was going to go insane. In her fury, though, she actually started howling in laughter.

For a long time now, Shen Lang had had his eyes closed as he contemplated something, but now, he suddenly spoke. “So you, sir, actually work for YuGuan ‘Happy King’ [recall Ch. 1: ‘Happy King’ is believed to be Cai YuGuan]. With such martial art and such manner in which you conduct yourself, you must be one of his Four Grand Heralds: Wine, Lust [of the opposite gender], Wealth, and Fame** – you should be the Herald of Wealth.”

-----------------------------------------------
    **Note: - luna_Rainbow's translation in chapter 1 used "Mood" instead of "Fame"
    Last edited by Hoju!; 05-13-08 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Revised from Emissary to Herald to be consistent with luna_Rainbow's translation

i really like shen lang here...wanna be like that...

Hoju...u wanna be like any one else? ...Zhu....

Even though I like ZQQ immensely, she's a little too emotionally unstable for me to want to be her.
    I'm going to be out of town and won't get a chance to work on WLWS probably for a couple of weeks.

Chapter 5 continued.....

When he unexpectedly stated this, nobody could see the reaction on the gray-clothed man’s face. Zhu Qiqi, though, was struck with astonishment and blurted out, “How do you know?”

With a little smile, Shen Lang told her, “Nobody should know Hua Gengxian’s secret concoctions, yet this friend here has shown that he does. Logically, there is only one explanation for this.”

Qiqi responded, “I cannot even think of half an explanation.”

“It must be that Hua Gengxian had given the formula to YuGuan Xiansheng [Mister YuGuan] some time before he died,” Shen Lang deduced. “As for our friend here, since he is a ‘collector of gold and silver,’ then naturally, he should be the Herald of Wealth for YuGuan ‘Happy King.’ ” Zhu Qiqi’s body seemed to be completely immobilized from shock. For a long time, she could not even speak a word. Shen Lang continued, “Furthermore, since Hua Gengxian had known about this tomb’s secret, logically, one would think that he must have hidden it and all of his secret formulas here. Therefore, YuGuan Xiansheng ordered our wealthy friend here to dig up the riches. Who could have known, though, that the hidden treasure was merely a rumour and in reality, the tomb was empty? The Grand Herald of Wealth grew anxious when he found out, but then he came up with a plan to con the people of wulin. Adapting the rumours to help him, he used the tomb as bait to lure people into his trap.”

“But… but if he really wanted to lure others into this place, why would he play all those frightening tricks to try and scare people and not allow them in?” Zhu Qiqi asked.

Smiling faintly, Shen Lang explained, “This is the tactic of ‘deliberately setting free what you want to catch.’ The Grand Herald of Wealth very much understands the flaw of wulin people. The more mysterious and terrifying this place is reputed to be, the more the famous wulin masters will want to rush here. If this place was not the least bit frightening, those who came would only be nameless people who may not even own a cent. What, then, could the Grand Herald of Wealth demand from them?”

Zhu Qiqi gasped several times, then mumbled to herself, “That’s right; that’s right. Not the least bit wrong… Ai! Why is it that he is always the one who can think of the answer and I cannot?”

The gray-clothed figure was silent for quite a while before finally asking slowly, “Your esteemed name is Shen Lang? Hmm… Shen Xiong [Brother Shen], you truly are a very intelligent individual, much more intelligent than even I had anticipated.”

“Based on your words, my speculations must be correct,” Shen Lang said with a smile.

The gray-clothed man complimented, “The ancients have always said: ‘one who is able to infer three things from one’ is a prodigy. Who would have thought that Shen Xiong can infer seven things from one. You only needed to hear Hua Ruixian say a few sentences and then you were able to deduce every piece of the puzzle. Aside from my name, Herald of Wealth, Jin Wuwang and my student, A’Du, over there, that has not yet been guessed by Shen Xiong, everything else that you inferred was absolutely correct, as if you saw it with your own eyes.” It turns out a boy had been behind him the whole time.

“Jin Xiong, you are quite forthright,” said Shen Lang.

The Herald of Wealth, Jin Wuwang replied, “In front of someone as smart as Shen Xiong, you, I dare not speak untruths. But, Shen Xiong, have you not heard that intelligence will incur the jealousy of Heaven? That is why gifted scholars’ lives are short and beautiful women suffer hard fates.”

There was a faint smile on Shen Lang’s lips. “But today, my mind is very much at ease. Since Jin Xiong would like my money, I assume that you certainly would not want to take my life, correct?”

Jin Wuwang’s response was cold. “The one thing I absolutely detest the most is to see that there is a clever person in this world trying to oppose me, especially someone as clever as Shen Xiong you are.”

“What… what do you want to do with him?” Zhu Qiqi asked in a shaky voice.

Smiling slightly, Jin Wuwang revealed a row of white teeth that looked like those of a wild beast. “Although I may not be able to take his life today, at least I can take one arm and one leg from him. One less strong adversary like Shen Lang in the world will allow me to sleep better.”

Zhu Qiqi was speechless from extreme fright, but Shen Lang still carried that faint smile. “Jin Xiong, you would be so hardhearted?”

“Is it possible that Shen Xiong, you still think I am a benevolent person?”

Confidentally, Shen Lang answered, “But it will not be an easy feat for Jin Xiong to take from me even a single hair today.”

With a cold smirk, Jin Wuwang challenged, “Let me go over and try.” He rose slowly to his feet and took a step forward.

Shen Lang suddenly threw his head back and started laughing loudly. “I had regarded Jin Xiong to be an intelligent person also, but it turns out that you are not really that clever.” The sound of his laughter ceased abruptly. He stared forcefully at Jin Wuwang. “Does Jin Xiong truly believe that I have been sedated by your ‘Deity Inebriated for One Day?’ ” Unconsciously, Jin Wuwang halted his footsteps. Shen Lang carried on, “The instant the thick smoke appeared earlier, I immediately held my breath. ‘Deity Inebriated for One Day’ could perhaps have the ability to dominate the world, but I still did not inhale even a trace of it.”

Jin Wuwang was silent for a while before his lips parted to reveal that row of white teeth again. “Shen Xiong’s words possibly could have deceived any other person, but they are not able to fool me. If Shen Xiong was not affected by ‘Deity Inebriated for One Day,’ then why would you willingly become my captive?”

“Could it be that Jin Xiong is not even able to think through this logic?” Shen Lang asked. The smile on his face became even more relaxed as he continued, “Considering that the secret passages in this ancient tomb have thousands of strange traps and hundreds of tricks in them, even if I searched for three or five days, I am not certain I would be able to find its core. But now, after I feigned being intoxicated by that tranquilizing incense, I was carried comfortably right to this place. What other method in the world could possibly have been easier than this one?”

Jin Wuwang’s expression had changed slightly, but he still said coldly, “Shen Xiong’s words clearly are correct, but I…”

“But what, Jin Xiong?” Shen Lang interrupted. Before he had finished saying his question, he suddenly leapt to his feet. Jin Wuwang’s face had already turned an ashen color, and now, his complexion grew even more frightful. From his throat, a “gulp” sound was heard, and he could not help retreating back a step. Light glinted in Shen Lang’s eyes, the force of his glare seeming to press in on Jin Wuwang’s face. “Today, it is excellent that Jin Xiong and I can have a duel of life and death. Regardless of who dies here, it will not be necessary to find a tomb to bury that person.”

Jin Wuwang kept his mouth closed in silence. The cold light of his eyes, too, was fixed intently on Shen Lang. Their two gazes met; neither of them blinked once. The light in Shen Lang’s eyes had an incomparable sort of calm, an unrivaled resoluteness…

Unable to contain the extreme joy that flooded her face, Zhu Qiqi called, “Shen Lang, just go easy on him for three stances; otherwise, he will not even dare fight you.”

With a little smile in response, Shen Lang told her, “Going easy on him for only three stances is the same as not going easy on him at all.”

Zhu Qiqi giggled, “Well then… go easy on him for seven stances.”

“That is more like it,” Shen Lang approved. “I will give Jin Xiong, you seven stances. Please go ahead!”

Jin Wuwang’s complexion alternated between suddenly green to suddenly pale. It was evident that it required a great amount of self-control in order to tolerate Shen Lang and Zhu Qiqi’s hand-in-glove banter and ploy to “provoke the general.”

Snickering, Zhu Qiqi goaded, “What’s wrong? You still do not dare to fight even though he is letting you have seven stances?”

Jin Wuwang suddenly did a reverse somersault into the air and soared backward out of the chamber. With a light thud, the stone door of the hall shut, and his figure disappeared on the other side of the door.

“Oh no,” Zhu Qiqi sighed. “We let him escape.”

Shen Lang gave a small smile again. “It is best that he fled…” Without warning, he toppled backward to the ground.

Greatly alarmed, Zhu Qiqi cried out, “You… are you okay?”

Forcing a smile, Shen Lang replied, “That ‘Deity Inebriated for One Day’ is extremely formidable. How could I have not been affected by it? Just now, all I could do was use the last residual trace of strength I had to force my body to stand up and scare him off.”

Zhu Qiqi was stunned for a long moment, cold sweat breaking out on her forehead. “It is a good thing he had not yet been provoked into acting. Otherwise… otherwise…” she whispered shakily.

Shen Lang sighed, “I had known, though, that a person like Jin Wuwang would never fall into someone else’s trap of ‘provoking the general…’ ”

Before the sound of his voice had died out, the echoes of a howling laughter were heard coming from the other side of the stone door. Amidst the laughter, the door was opened again, and Jin Wuwang strode back into the chamber. The look on Zhu Qiqi’s face changed to one of horror. Jin Wuwang was still laughing loudly. “Shen Xiong truly is a smart person,” he praised. “But even though a wise man can have thousands of considerations, there will be a time when he misses one. Shen Xiong you calculated things out thousands and tens of thousands of times, but you still did not take into account that any motion or activity in this stone chamber can be seen clearly from outside.” The sound of his laughter halted abruptly and in a fierce voice, he snapped, “Things have already reached this point. What else do you have to say?”

Exhaling a long sigh, Shen Lang closed his eyes and did not reply.

One step at a time, Jin Wuwang walked over towards him. With a ruthless grin on his face, he said, “Being enemies with someone like Shen Xiong is very worrisome. I really have no choice but to first take one of Shen Xiong’s arms to set my mind at ease.” As he spoke this last sentence, he walked up in front of Shen Lang. Still smiling viciously, he stretched out his hand…

Zhu Qiqi could not prevent a hoarse cry of terror from escaping her throat.
    Last edited by Hoju!; 05-13-08 at 12:38 PM.

Such an awesome story, thanks for the translations.

My money: Shen Lang faked falling down!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I agree i am sure that our hero is truly faking being weak as he really did know that the dude was outside the door listening to what was being said!another highly enojyable update hoju loving it!

hahaha love the tricks..

i am strong.. no im weak... tada im strong!! :P

thankyou hoju!

Chapter 5 continued.....

But then, before the echoes of her cry had died out, a miracle happened again. In the instant that Jin Wuwang had reached out with his arm, Shen Lang’s palm had already turned over, and he seized ahold of Jin Wuwang’s acupoint. This sudden change in events was far beyond anyone’s expectations. In such a short period of time, Zhu Qiqi had gone through several emotions one after the other, from extreme fright to extreme delight so that now, she could only stare dumbfounded at all this.

Shen Lang rose unhurriedly to his feet. His right hand still grasping the acupoint on Jin Wuwang’s wrist and his left hand lightly brushing the dust off his garments, he smiled casually and asked, “I bet, Jin Xiong, you did not anticipate this move.” Bead after bead of cold sweat poured from Jin Wuwang’s forehead.

Only now did Zhu Qiqi recover. In both shock and glee, she broke out into a charming smile and exclaimed, “What… what is going on?”

“I was never actually tranquilized,” Shen Lang explained. “I believe that Jin Xiong you are very clear on this point now.”

Zhu Qiqi asked, “If you were not affected, then just now, why…”

Shen Lang smiled. “Just now, I really did not have one hundred percent confidence of winning if I was to fight against Jin Xiong, and plus, even if I was able to defeat Jin Xiong, I may not have been able to capture him. However, after that pretense of mine, Jin Xiong would certainly no longer have his guard up against me. If I gave a sudden attack then, naturally he would not be able to evade it.”

Elation flooded Zhu Qiqi’s countenance as she giggled, “You devil! You… Ai! You not only tricked him, you also gave me a huge scare. I will settle this with you later.”

Jin Wuwang stood astounded for the longest time. At last, he threw his head back and exhaled a lengthy sigh. “For me, Jin Wuwang to suffer defeat today at the hands of someone like Shen Lang is not a dishonor. Whatever you want of me, just say it now.”

“If that is the case, then I would like to trouble Jin Xiong to first take us out of this chamber,” Shen Lang requested with a smile, “then also release all those friends from jianghu who had fallen into the trap and were captured today. I shall be deeply grateful to you.”

Jin Wuwang inhaled a lengthy breath. “Alright! Come with me.”

On his back, Shen Lang carried Zhu Qiqi, and his hand still restrained Jin Wuwang while they walked out of the stone chamber. After passing through a couple of bends in the passage, they stopped in front of the door of another stone room. There was no strength in Zhu Qiqi’s entire body, but her arms were wrapped around Shen Lang’s neck. In fact, they were wrapped very tightly, and now she demanded loudly, “Who is imprisoned inside this room?”

A strange look of mirth flashed across Jin Wuwang’s eyes. “Godly-Eyed Eagle, Fang Qianli; Sky Sweeping Condor, Li Ting; Cloud Crossing Albatross, Yi Rufeng; and Wei Wu Escort Agency’s Zhan Yingsong – a total of four people.”

Zhu Qiqi paused in shock for a moment. “It’s those four…?”

“That’s right,” Jin Wuwang confirmed. “Release them?”

She blurted out loudly, “Wait, wait… they must not be released.”

“Why must they not be released?” Shen Lang frowned.

Jin Wuwang rested his cold gaze on Shen Lang. “Whether they are released or not is completely up to xianggong [young master] to decide...”

Furious, Zhu Qiqi shouted, “Am I not able to make even a little decision? My entire body has no strength right now. If they are released, that is basically equivalent to taking my life… If the four of them fight together, even Shen Lang, you cannot stop them.”

Jin Wuwang’s eyes were still fixed on Shen Lang. “Release or not release?” he asked unemotionally.

Shen Lang gave a long sigh. “Release… not release… This decision has me in a bind… Have these four people not been intoxicated by ‘Deity Inebriated for One Day?’ ”

With a cold smirk, Jin Wuwang said, “ ‘Deity Inebriated for One Day’ may not be any miraculous or magical elixir, but people like Fang Qianli and Zhan Yingsong are not worthy enough for it to be used on them.”

“How is the stone door opened?” Shen Lang inquired.

“That stone bead over there is the door’s concealed shaft,” Jin Wuwang revealed. “Turn it three times to the left and one time to the right, then push it upwards. The door will open by itself.”

Shen Lang nodded his head briefly in acknowledgement. He said no further words and instead, continued walking forward again. Immediately, Zhu Qiqi’s face was filled with joy. Planting two firm kisses on the back of Shen Lang’s ear, she giggled charmingly, “You are so nice…”

Jin Wuwang had a cool sneer on his face. He scorned, “I had believed Shen Xianggong [young master Shen] to be a benevolent and virtuous man, a hero who rescues those in need. Who would have thought… Heh heh. Ha ha.” He threw his head back in a chilling and incessant laughter.

Even though A’Du was very young, his mind was quick and spiteful. His eyes shifted back and forth as he also unexpectedly taunted, “As the saying goes: ‘it is difficult for a hero to get past a beauty.’ Naturally, a hero will set aside all of his old friends for a beauty. How can we blame Shen Xianggong for this?”

Shen Lang turned a deaf ear, acting as if he did not hear anything. Zhu Qiqi, though, was unable to bear it and started hurling insults at them again. Towing Jin Wuwang behind him, Shen Lang rounded another bend. All of a sudden, he stopped in the shadows. In a low voice, he asked, “How does Jin Xiong know all the secrets of this tomb?”

Jin Wuwang answered with a question, “Do you know who my father [xian fu; how one addresses one’s father who has passed away] is?”

“The reply is not what I asked. You deserve a beating.”

Jin Wuwang carried on in a serious tone, “My father was called Jin Suowang [Golden Lock King] by others.”

Shen Lang’s face broke into a smile. “That makes sense! There are reports in jianghu that say that Jin Suowang’s knowledge of information and trap mechanisms is unrivaled in the world. Naturally, the secret of this tomb would not have escaped Jin Xiong’s eyes and ears then. Happy King sent you to this place to capitalize on your expertise.” Before the echoes of this sentence had died out, he had already said, “Since Jin Xiong has said that there are no other people capable of walking about freely in this tomb, then I would believe that it must be true.”

“Whether it is true or not, you will be able to be the judge of that,” replied Jin Wuwang.

Shen Lang chuckled, “Good.” There was a slight tremor of his fingertip, and then he had already sealed three “Slumber Acupoints” [Hun Shui Xue] on Jin Wuwang’s body. With a quick turn of his hand, he also sealed three acupoints beneath the ribs of A’Du. Although there was an order in which he struck, his movements were so lightning fast that it appeared as if Jin Wuwang and A’Du had collapsed at the same time.

Puzzled, Zhu Qiqi asked him, “Why did you do that?”

Shen Lang reached around and lifted her down, resting her carefully against the stone wall. His tone was gentle as he told her, “Wait for me here. There are no other enemies now in the tomb, so you can set your mind at rest.”

Zhu Qiqi’s eyes grew wide as she realized, “You… you want to go release…”

Shen Lang said with a smile, “Yes. I will first go and rescue the four of them and tell them to leave this tomb immediately. That should not take very much time. It will only be a few zhan cha [1 zhan cha shi = ten minutes] or so before I return.”

At fist, Zhu Qiqi’s face was filled with alarm and indignation, but then, almost right away, she gave a long sigh. “I had known that if you did not rescue them, you would constantly feel as if your body was being pricked with needles, and there would not be a moment that you would feel at ease.”

Shen Lang laughed, “I will go quickly and be back right away.” He turned around to leave.

She suddenly called out softly, “Wait.”

“Wait for what?” Shen Lang inquired.

“You… you…” She raised her eyes to look at him. Those eyes seemed to carry in them a hint of fear and a sense of pleading. Her voice shaking, she said softly, “I do not know why but I… I suddenly feel frightened. It is like… like there is a vicious ghost waiting in the dark right now, wanting… wanting to harm me.”

Shen Lang smiled faintly as he comforted, “Silly child, I have already subdued Jin Wuwang and A’Du. What else do you need to be afraid of? Wait here quietly for me, and I will be back soon.” With a wave of his hand, he left with hurried footsteps.

Zhu Qiqi watched as his shadowy outline disappeared. For some reason, she suddenly felt a bone-chilling feeling come over her body, and she could not stop herself from starting to tremble lightly.

Sure enough, after Shen Lang twisted the door’s hidden shaft three times to the left and one time to the right and pushed it upward, the door did open when pushed. Beyond the door, there was a copper lamp, its oil nearly exhausted. The flickering pale yellow flame had not yet extinguished and a wisp of black smoke rose from it, like a demon dancing gracefully in the air. In the wavering light of the flame, it could be seen that the chamber was empty without a single person inside. There was not even Fang Qianli, Zhan Yingsong, or the others’ shadows in there. Shen Lang was startled for a moment, but then, surveyed the room intently with his eyes. Four clean spots could be seen on that dust-covered floor. It was evident that someone had been sitting in those places before but now had left. Where could they have gone? Could they have thought of a plan to escape themselves? Or were they rescued by someone else? Who would have rescued them? And where were they now?

Shen Lang’s mind raced. All of a sudden, a cold feeling gripped his heart. Turning around abruptly, he tore back down the way he had come. In his heart, he cried out silently, “Zhu Qiqi, are you all right?...”

As he rushed back and rounded the corner, he suddenly came to a halt and his blood seemed to freeze with him. His entire body seemed to grow icy cold. In less than ten minutes, Zhu Qiqi, Hua Ruixian, Jin Wuwang, and A’Du, who had been left there at this corner, had all vanished like they really had been swallowed by a vicious ghost. Stunned, he stood unmoving in that spot. The beads of sweat on his forehead were like morning dew on a leaf, drop after drop surging out. Then unexpectedly, a grating voice from behind him gave a fierce-sounding laugh and said, “Shen Xianggong, it has been a long time.”
    Last edited by Hoju!; 05-13-08 at 12:55 PM.

tsk tsk tsk.. SL got a taste of his own trickery! but i wonder what tricks he still has stuck up his sleeve.. perhaps this is part of his plan?! ;-)

thanks Hoju! =))

hmmmm...SL now met with a problem...will have to see what happens?

I realized that luna_rainbow had actually called Happy King's four minions of Wine, Lust, Wealth, and Fame (she actually called it Mood) 'heralds' instead of 'emissaries.' To be consistent for the readers, I have changed my translation to use 'herald' also. Sorry for the confusion.

Chapter 5 continued.....
    The instant these words entered Shen Lang’s ear, the muscle in his cheek by the corner of his mouth started to twitch from loathing and alarm, like he had just heard the faint sound of a rattlesnake shaking its tail. He secretly exhaled a breath, forcing his mind to remain calm and to preserve his full strength so that he was prepared to deal with hereafter’s danger. This was because, once this person was revealed, all sorts of despicable, ruthless, and sneaky things could happen. When Shen Lang was certain that he was completely prepared, he still did not turn around. Instead, he let out a loud laugh and responded, “It has only been two days since we last saw each other, and Jin Xiong is already feeling that it has been a long time. Does Jin Xiong miss xiaodi [little brother] that much?”

That raspy voice gave a “ha ha” in laughter. “Truly, I missed you tremendously. Shen Xianggong, why don’t you turn around and let me see whether you have lost weight in these couple of days?”

With a slight smile on his fight, Shen Lang answered, “I gratefully receive your concern…” He suddenly spun around and in a flash, had soared over to where the source of that voice was. From the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of a dark shadow and then his hand was already reaching over to seize it. The difference in time between when he saw it in his vision and when he struck out was extremely small. How could that shadow evade his attack? Immediately, it was captured.

But then, from amidst the shadowy darkness, there was another “ha ha” sound of laughter. The instant the laughter rung out, the light of a flame flared up. “Jian Yi Yong Wei” [See Virtue, Brave Do] Jin Buhuan leaned against the stone wall looking composed, an indifferent and laidback expression on his face. In his left hand was a fire tube that had just been lit, and in his right, he held a short wooden staff that was carrying a coat of fur on top of it. What Shen Lang had seized a hold on was actually that coat. A smug look covered Jin Buhuan’s face as he loudly guffawed, “This fur coat was given by Shen Xianggong. Could it be that Shen Xianggong, you want to take it back again?”

Shen Lang had thought that he had been successful a moment ago. Only now did he realize how truly evil and sly this Jin Buhuan actually was. He had set up defenses for himself with every step. Though Shen Lang felt disappointed inside, he still threw his head back in loud laughter and said, “I had thought that this was Jin Xiong and had wanted to go over to say hello, but it turns out that it was a fox pelt instead.” He reached out and stroked the fur lightly as he chuckled, “Fortunately, my actions had not been too forceful and did not damage Jin Xiong’s fur. Jin Xiong, please hurry and take it back. In the future, be careful that you don’t let other people rip it away from you again.”

Jin Buhuan also roared in laughter. “Shen Xianggong, you really know how to kid. How could I possibly have fur?... Xianggong, do not forget that I had originally ripped this fox’s skin away from you.” He casually threw the fox fur over his shoulder and added, “But Shen Xiong’s fox pelt really is very nice and warm.”

Shen Lang cursed secretly, “Even in words this guy is not willing to lose.” His lips were still smiling, though, as he responded, “That common saying is well said: ‘a fine sword should be bestowed upon the martyr; rouge should be presented to a beauty.’ Naturally, only Jin Xiong would deserve to enjoy this fox pelt.”

The two were smiling and laughing, but each was responding to the other with equal severity. You stab me with a sentence, and I will pierce you with a phrase. Neither of them was willing to back down. However, Shen Lang did not once raise the matter of Zhu Qiqi’s disappearance. Jin Buhuan was starting to feel somewhat restless, though, from having to restrain himself and finally could not help saying, “Zhu Guniang has vanished. Shen Xianggong, do you not find that strange?”

With his faint smile, Shen Lang replied, “Zhu Guniang has Xu Ruoyu, Xu Shaoxia [young hero Xu] by her side taking care of her. Why would she need me to worry…?”

Giving another loud laugh, Jin Buhuan complimented, “Shen Xianggong, you have a divine ability to assess things. You calculated that my Xu Laodi [ol’ (younger) brother Xu] would come also. You are correct. My Brother Xu is innately a very loving and affectionate person, and he will surely be considerate and attend to Zhu Guniang in every way possible. That young couple, right now they should be…” With a loud “ha ha,” his words cut off abruptly. His eyes, however, were secretly fixed upon Shen Lang to see if he had been enraged by those words.

A faint smile still covered Shen Lang’s face. “But how did Jin Xiong get here, and why are you so familiar with all the traps and mechanisms in this place? I do find these two points to be quite odd.”

Shifting his eyes away, Jin Buhuan said with a smile, “Shen Xianggong, please come with me and take a look…” He turned around and began leading the way.

Without batting an eyelash, Shen Lang followed behind him. The glimmering light of the flame shone on the coat of fur on Jin Buhuan’s body. Shen Lang secretly let out a sigh as he thought, “This person is wearing my fox pelt on his body and carrying my money inside his purse, yet he still uses all possible means to try and harm me. There are not many people of his sort in this world.” For a moment, he did not know whether this was infuriating or humorous.

The two of them walked back into that stone chamber. The door had been open the whole time. Zhu Qiqi, Hua Ruixian, Xu Ruoyu, Jin Wuwang, and A’Du were all inside the room. Jin Wuwang’s acupoint had not been unsealed yet. Zhu Qiqi was hurling insults through gritted teeth so that Xu Ruoyu was now hiding off to the side away from the assault of her curses. Once he noticed Shen Lang, though, he immediately darted back to her side and pressed the sword he held against her throat. The instant she saw Shen Lang, Zhu Qiqi was no longer able to utter a single insult, and instead, she looked as if her heart was filled with suffering. With a pout on her lips, she could not stop herself from crying, “I… I told you not to leave. Now… now…” At last, she could restrain them no longer and tears spilled over. Xu Ruoyu turned his head away quietly, as if he could not bear watching her cry.

Jin Buhuan had positioned himself so that he was between Zhu Qiqi and Shen Lang. Pointing at a stone chair in a far corner, he addressed Shen Lang, “Please have a seat.” Smiling lightly, Shen Lang sauntered leisurely over and quietly sat himself down. Jin Buhuan reached over and, with a firm pat on Xue Ruoyu’s shoulder, instructed, “Good brother, should Shen Xianggong so much as budge slightly, there is no harm in allowing that sword in your hand to move as well. We will leave the matter of being tender and protective of a beauty for a later date.”

“I know what I should do,” Xue Ruoyu replied.

“However, regarding those few questions that have left Shen Xianggong confused, it would not hurt to explain things to him. It is indeed very difficult for his heart to bear… Shen Xianggong, would you like me to act out a play for you?” Jin Buhuan suddenly reached over and, with a tap, unsealed Jin Wuwang’s three “Slumber Acupoints”, but then he immediately followed up with a quick jab of his finger to Jin Wuwang’s waist.

Shen Lang could not make sense of what Jin Buhuan was trying to do at the moment. He watched as Jin Wuwang gave a dry cough and did a reverse flip onto his feet before sweeping all directions with his eyes. Jin Wuwang first cast a cold glare at Shen Lang, but suddenly, shock flooded his features as he took notice of Jin Buhuan. He let out a fierce roar, appearing as if he intended to leap into the air, but then, another wretched cry tore from his lips and he crumpled back down to the ground.

It turns out that the jab from Jin Buhuan’s finger had actually struck his “ZhangMen Da Xue” [ZhangMen Major Acupoint]. This “ZhangMen Acupoint” also known as “Xue Nang” [Blood Pouch], is located on the right flank of the body below the lowermost rib and is one of the major acupoints of the Zu Jue Yin Gan Meridian. If it was struck by someone using the “Eight Form Acupoint Sealing Technique,” then not only would the lower half of the body be unable to move, but furthermore, the person would suffer from intense weakness, tingling, and pain. The feeling truly would be as if tens of thousands of ants and other insects were crawling all over the legs and continuously biting them. Though Jin Wuwang was a man who was tough as iron, he still could not restrain the tears of pain that arose from just this one motion of his.

As Shen Lang stood to the side, watching with the detached eye of a bystander and seeing the expression on Jin Wuwang’s face, he suddenly realized, “So these two are actually enemies of the past. However, Jin Buhuan’s use of such cruel and vicious methods is much too ruthless.”

End of Chapter 5

thank you for continuing this translation. I always wanted to learn more about the great Shen Lang

BTW, am I missing something or is the fire child missing?