Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legend Of Beauty

Default Legend Of Beauty

Hi, hi went to my local khmer store today and seen this movie called Legend of Beauty. It stars bobby aui Au Yang Zhen Hua Bobby, Zeng Bo Yi, Huo Si Yan

heres a link i found that has the series on megaupload

http://www.youshare.ca/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=81

heres a synposis of the series and the opening theme vid.

http://www.celestialpictures.com/lev...stcatcher.html

well anyone know who or what company made this series? anyone seen this series yet? i think its a remake of an atv series called Heavenly Ghost Catchers.

I've seen the first 27 episodes of this series already, and I hope it's not finished yet, how many episodes do you have available for the show at your video store?

The stories revolves around Zhong Kui like the ATV one, but they are not the same. If my memory is not failing me, the ATV one or actually is it Singapore[?] shows the back story and what happens after his death. There are some love stories too, but not the same as the ones that are in this version.

I'm pretty sure that it's a China Production since most of the actors are from the Mainland with the exception of Zhong Kui himself, Bobby Au Yeung [whom I love]. In this version, I've watched the three stories that are about [1] Su Da Ji and Bi Gan's evil heart, [2] Green Snake makes a bet with Zhong Kui, [3] Zhong Kui and company play matchmaker for Lee Dong Bin and White Peony. My edition just stopped abruptly for some reason, I hope they come out with part TWO! There are at least two more stories that I didn't get to see yet! It's a pretty good series, I'm surprised more people don't know about it as it's quite funny! However, though the love stories are profound, the solutions to the problems are sometimes overly simplistic [like in Schemes of a Beauty]

I have yet to see the other stories about Zhong Kui's sweetheart[it's Zhang Jia Ni!], Li Qian as a villian, and Yan Kuan as Du Ping [I believe that's the character, at least that's the guy who marries Zhong Kui's sister right?]

Oh, I can't see the first link. The ENTIRE series is on megaupload really??
    I like me.

my store also has 27 episodes, i just bought it and now on episode four. the actors/scenery/cgi are nice. like you said i can't believe theres not much people that seen this series. so far i'm enjoying it since its some new god series besides same ones being remake like monkey king.

so the series is divided into like chapters or different arc having different story like in dark tale? in the ending theme it shows zhong kui having some love scenes or dressed as a normal human being and with his scholar friend, which i would assume is before he became a god/ghost catcher. is that part in the series?

my dvd started off about the fox demon stealing some officials heart, then comes back for revenge or something. and then it shows bobbys character and his brothers, it felt like there should've been some more back story to how he became ghost catcher or something but is that how the series starts off?

also heres another link on megaupload if you want to watch the series in mandarin i think
    http://www.free2movie.com/asian-movi...f-beauty-50/50

this site has stated its 50 episodes while the dvds we have are up to 27, so like you said we should get the other half once its get dubbed in cambodian.

also the first link of youshare has links to megauplaod to download the series i think its also in mandarin, but its the complete series so if you understand it go ahead and watch the second season it probably will explain how zhong kui became the ghost catcher etc.

anyone happen to have the ending theme song?

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    so the series is divided into like chapters or different arc having different story like in dark tale? in the ending theme it shows zhong kui having some love scenes or dressed as a normal human being and with his scholar friend, which i would assume is before he became a god/ghost catcher. is that part in the series?

my dvd started off about the fox demon stealing some officials heart, then comes back for revenge or something. and then it shows bobbys character and his brothers, it felt like there should've been some more back story to how he became ghost catcher or something but is that how the series starts off?
    Yup, that's exactly the same way the story starts for me;with the story of Su Da Ji and Bi Gan's heart. They are assuming that we know the story of Zhong Kui already or at least familiar with his red/black face LoL. Probably, we will get to see Zhong Kui's back story with the second arc. I really want to see it since I think his martial brothers are really funny, especially the "dumb" cute one. The part in the series where he's riding on a wagon with his scholar friend is NOT in this part. Epic Fail, I know.

I love the ending song, but I don't know where it is. There are a lot of handsome actors and beautiful actresses in this series. The first story is really sad and touching. The second story is touching also but the nature of Green Snake makes it really funny. The last story is probably the most romantic but I thought it was quite draggy since I don't care for White Peony and was rooting for Purple Rose [lovely Xiong Nai Jin].
    I like me.

yeah so far the story is good. second tale with green snake and zhong kui bet about love in the mortal world. the 3rd brother and green snake is funny. just hope we get the 2nd season dubbed soon so i can watch it all this week.

well so far watch all 27 episodes, basically last episodes ends with zhong kui going to reincarnate, so i guess thats probably the part we will see when he is with yan kuan. can't wait for the next part to come out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    well so far watch all 27 episodes, basically last episodes ends with zhong kui going to reincarnate, so i guess thats probably the part we will see when he is with yan kuan. can't wait for the next part to come out soon.
    Dang u watched it so fast! Do u fast forward like crazy or something? I do tend to fast forward but it took me about almost four days to finish all 27 epsiodes LoL
    I like me.

Info taken from http://baike.baidu.com/view/2463173.htm
    Translated by yours truly

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k206/limeic/0d968f2375fad56dad34def6.jpg')

Title: Ghost Catcher Zhong Kui
    Alternative title: Ghost Catcher Zhong Kui - Legend of Beauty
    Total Episodes: 40

Company: Zhejiang Huace Group
    Directors: Pan Wenjie, Luo Canran
    Main Producer: Dong Li
    Producers: Lin Shanhe, Luo Xiong

Theme Songs:
    OP - Heavy Snow (大雪), by Zhao Dadi (赵大地)
    ED - Echoes (回音), by Judy Chou (周定纬)

Main Cast:
    Bobby Au Yeung - Zhong Kui
    Liu Hong Yu - Liu Han Yan
    Li Li - Wang Fuqu

Lu Xiao Tian - Xiao Xiao
    Ya Ning - Xiao Tian (sweet)
    Lu Ye - Xiao Suan (sour)
    Ma Rui Hao - Xiao Ku (bitter)
    Ma Rui Han - Xiao La (spicy)
    (NB: refers to flavors of life)

Part 1: The Sin of Beauty
    Huo Si Yan - Da Ji, Su Mei Niang
    Feng Shaofeng - Huang Bing Cheng
    Guo Zhen Ni - Lin Xiao Dai

Part 2: The Tears of Green Snake
    Zeng Bao Yi - Xiao Qing
    Yuan Wen Kang - Meng Wen Xuan
    Huang Juan - Shui Ling Yu
    Zhang Hao Tian - Xu Tian De

Part 3: To Question Love
    Liu Yi Han - Bai Mu Dan (White Peony), Gongsun Jing
    Pu Ba Jia - Lu Dong Bin
    Xiong Nai Jin - Zi Mei Gui (Purple Rose)
    Liu Guan Xiang - Liu Dan
    Zhang Shan - Lei Zhi Yuan, Huang Long

Part 4: Crimson Yuanyangs
    Zhang Jia Ni - Lin Xiao Die, Nie Xiao Qian
    Bobby Au Yeung - Zhou Fu Sheng
    Yuan Fei - Qiu Yan

Part 5: Mermaid Love
    Xu Huan Huan - Xiao Lian
    Zhou Yi Wei - Zhao Zheng Feng, Zhang Zhen
    He Ming Han - Long Jian
    Wang Yan Su - He Min
    Li Zhi nan - Fang Hao Ming
    Wang Bin - Grandpa Gui
    Li Lin Lin - Jin Cui Ping
    Yang Hong Wu - Dragon King
    Guan Hui Qing - Xiao Yu

Part 6: Zhong Kui Marries Off His Sister
    Yao Qian Yu - Zhong Li
    Li Qian - Shan Guai Dai Dai
    Yan Kuan - Du Ping
    Bai Yong Cheng - Wang Jing

-----------------------------

Btw, I think complete DVDs are out in SG.
    Last edited by limeic; 06-10-10 at 10:24 PM.

oh my goodness, thanks limeic! much appreciations!
    I like me.

no i didn't fast foward. schools out so just sat home watching the movie 24/7 toke less then a day and a half. just can't wait for the next part.

so is this the company that does those series with hu ge and li shi shi?

That should be another company, Tang Ren (I think).

Just finished part 1. I must agree that its a legend of beauty. The female lead in part 1 was really gorgeous. Part 2, now with the white and green snake

can someone tell me what happens in part 4?

at the beginning i saw a person called "zhai zen" (sorry i cant spell his name), is he the earlier life of zhong kui?

Quote Originally Posted by cnstar View Post
    can someone tell me what happens in part 4?

at the beginning i saw a person called "zhai zen" (sorry i cant spell his name), is he the earlier life of zhong kui?
    Hmm. Seems like you must ask someone who understands the original language. Personally, I watched the dubbed version, so we didn't get a part 4. Unfortunately.
    I like me.

Can somebody provide a link to watch online? Thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Hmm. Seems like you must ask someone who understands the original language. Personally, I watched the dubbed version, so we didn't get a part 4. Unfortunately.

I think I got the main point in this part. Very sad that i can't read chinese
    But thank god, i can understand mandarin, cantonese and shanghai...

Zhong Kui is "Zhou Fu Sheng's" earlier life. So I don't think that he is "zhai zen" or the other guy the devil was after. The tricky thing here is the painting of "Nie Xiao Qian". What was the relation between "Zhou Fu Sheng" and "Nie Xiao Qian"?

I have watch the first story, eventhough I didn't quite understand mandarin.
    too bad the download version don't have english sub

The story is good and touching
    so, is Da Ji (not the nine tailed fox) reincarnated as Su Mei Niang or she just happen to have the same face?
    I think they assume that the audience knows the story about Da Ji and Bi Gan...
    and the scene near the end when they played opera as Daji, Zhou King, and Ji Bo Yi Kao

Started watching the Green Snake part
    Xiao Qing is cute! with her fast speaking and always teasing the 3'rd brother
    snake nature: licking

Default Ghost Catcher Zhong Kui

The story is good and touching
    so, is Da Ji (not the nine tailed fox) reincarnated as Su Mei Niang or she just happen to have the same face?
    I think they assume that the audience knows the story about Da Ji and Bi Gan...
    and the scene near the end when they played opera as Daji, Zhou King, and Ji Bo Yi Kao