Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taiwan pulls movies from Shanghai Film Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure that if you asked people in this thread about China doing a military 'take-over' of Taiwan, pretty much everyone, including me, would be very strongly against it. Nobody here is rabidly pro-China or anti-Taiwan, and I think most people (at least speaking for myself) are perfectly happy with Taiwan continuing to have its own separate governance, etc.; nobody here has said they want a Chinese invasion of Taiwan. But you repetitively rant enough that you annoy and/or piss off even people who agree with you on the issues. Those rants of yours are just another reason why almost no one on this forum has much respect for you at all. And that's not an insult; that's just the truth. Ask around.
    I'm starting to believe that, Dirt's ultimate goal is to debate with you (nevermind if he is always throwing illogic for you to correct them). LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Knowing his stand, I thought you guys would guess it from the start. Or maybe you didn't pay attention to who started the topic.
    I had tried not to believe that he is being a troll...... until proven otherwise.

Not to mention that your national anthem is in malay?
    Yepp, and the story in that national anthem is not about any declaration of love for China.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I had tried not to believe that he is being a troll...... until proven otherwise.
    That's not trolling. He's just trying to voice out issues that he's concern with, albeit repeatedly.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

That's not trolling. He's just trying to voice out issues that he's concern with, albeit repeatedly.
    Nevermind that he voices out issues. It's fine with me. Repeatedly is fine too. But I suggested -troll- because he even tried to lead us to debate with him on his issues.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Yeah, I didn't have any problem w/the Taiwanese pulling out either; it's part of a dance that's been going on and on for ages between the PRC & Taiwan. Maybe both sides should just compromise, Olympic style, and describe their films from being from 'Chinese Taipei'? LOL!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Lastly, here's a hint; if people from mainland China, Malaysia, Singapore, and the U.S. are ALL disagreeing with you, maybe it's not everyone else that has the problem, but you.
    Sounds like 八国联军 to me.

You missed Canada, Vietnam, Cambodia,..... Hey, it's almost 8 countries..... one more please....
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 06-16-10 at 02:46 AM.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101025...20101025101759

Taiwan-China row over names at Tokyo Film Festival:

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Toshima confirmed that both Taiwan's and China's delegations had experienced "trouble" and skipped Saturday's festival opening, but added that representatives from the two nations had pledged to remain until it closes on October 31.

He also said he was baffled by the flare-up.

"We have used the description 'Taiwan' for several years, and this is the first time that a Chinese delegation has complained about it," Toshima said.

He added that the festival "is an opportunity for communication through cinema and culture. It's very disappointing that they (the Chinese delegation) tried to send a political message like that."
    Why do delegations from the PRC feel that it's necessary to politicize everything?
    Last edited by Dirt; 10-25-10 at 02:01 PM.

When the day comes that all computer manufacturing is moved out of Taiwan to China, then China can do whatever they like with that little whiney island. The rest of the world wouldn't give a sh!t. But not now, please. I don't want to pay more for my RAM upgrade next year.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."