Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Silver Spear Cleansed in Blood - 碧血洗银枪 - Gu Long

Thanks...for the support guys...

I'm slowing down on my translation...
    Still I still on track to finish before August considering I only have 10 chapters left. I'm getting busier soon. The end is near...I can taste it...lol...

Thanks for translating Keep up the good work

Default Chapter 28

Chapter 28 - Legend of the Dead Valley

What so scary about a black stone? As long as no one forced you to swallow it or used it to knock your head, didn’t matter whether it was white, red, blue, yellow, or black, it shouldn’t be scary. The strange thing was, Dawan was very scared of them. Xie Yulun also seemed to be scared of them.

Xie Yulun suddenly asked: “The stones you saw, was it very very black? Round, black, and black to the point it is shiny?”

“Yes.”

“Where did you see them?”

“On the hand of those people in black clothes,” Ma Rulong said: “Each of them held onto a big basket of black rocks.”

“And then?”

“And then they laid these black rocks on the ground.”

Xie Yulun did not ask anymore and did not say anything. Her eyes seemed to reveal the same expression as Dawan, one of extreme fear like a child a seeing a monster, that could only appear in nightmare, right in front of their eyes. Why do they fear these black stones?

Tie Zhentian was now full of curiosity and couldn’t bear asked: “Are there any of the black stone nearby?”

“No,” Ma Rulong said: “Even if there is a few, there couldn’t have been that much.”

Wang Wanwu helped him add: “When I came here I already check nearby several hundred li (500 m.). There are plenty of stones here but round, black, and shiny stones, I didn’t see any.”

“So these stones must came from outside several hundred li (500 m.) far away.”

“Definitely.”

Tie Zhentian was curious: “Why would someone want to shipped rock several hundreds li away to place it on the ground here?”

Although he did not really expect this be answered, Dawan did reply.

She said: “Because he is a madman.”

Dawan continued: “A real madman is not scary. However those that look completely normal but are really mad in heart are the ones you should fear.”

She explained: “Normally you see him all proper and well mannered attitude. However once he goes crazy, he’s capable of doing anything. Even those things that madman would not do.”

The most fearsome part was nobody know he was mad and when he would become mad so no one was cautious of him. Once you believe he was a modest gentleman, he would suddenly cut off you nose and feed it to the dogs. Even after your nose was gone, he would not believe he did such a thing.

Dawan said: “The madman I’m talking about is this type of people.”

Tie Zhentian said: “You seen him before?”

Dawan said: “I have not, and originally would never see him.”

She sighed and said: “Unfortunately, I would meet him soon.”

Xie Yulun suddenly tightly held her hand.

“Would he really come?”

“He would definitely come.” Dawan said: “It’s the Jade Winter Smoke that drew him here.”

“You saw those black rocks and knew he would come?” Ma Rulong asked.

“Where does he live?”

“Dead Valley.” Dawan said: “A dead valley with absolutely nothing except for
    these black rocks.”

She slowly continued: “That place rarely have people, even bird rarely flew over. No matter who, it’s hard to live in such a place. Hard to believe he could actually live there, and lived rather well.”

“Why did he have to live in such a place?”

Dawan said: “It wasn’t his choice, someone forced him there.”

“Who forced him?”

“There is only one person in the world that could defeat him.” Dawan said: “So there is only one person the could force him to do something he doesn’t want to.”

She suddenly asked: “Do any of you know that thirty years ago, Jianghu had a person called ‘No Thirteen’ (Wu Shisan)?”

“Wu Thirteen?”

Dawan said: “No, not the Wu in Zhou Wu Zheng Wang (common surnames). The
    wu as in nothingness.”

“Why is he called No Thirteen (Wu Shisan)?”

“Because he said he was a person with no name, surname, father, mother, older brother, younger brother, older sister, younger sister, son, daughter, wife, and friends.”

“That’s only twelve no’s.”

“What is the last no?”

“No rival.”
    [TL: The literal words ‘no rival’ also means invincible in Chinese.]

“Invincible?” Ma Rulong in disblief: “Really invincible?”

“Thirty years ago, he was only twenty three years old, yet dominate Jianghu and
    unrivaled in the world.”

Ma Rulong was still did not believe: “Thirty years ago was not a long time, how come no one know about him today?”

Tie Zhentian suddenly barged in: “Some one knows, I know.” He said it in detail
    and affirmatively: “That year was gengzi, I was nineteen. It was September Chongyang (September 9th) when I hear of his name.”
    [TL: The ‘Gengzi year’ is a traditional lunar calendar year. It’s the 37th year of something something...lol...I have no idea. Gengzi by itself is also an era name, around 404 AD, but in this context I don’t think that’s what its referring to. ]

“You’re old and still could remember so clearly.”

“Because that was my birthday.” Tie Zhentian said: “It was also because that day he defeated Lian Shanyun.”

Lian Shanyun was an expert at the time with his “Across Cloud Concealing Day Seven Seven Forty-Nine Sword” was famous in Jianghu. The power of the swordplay was the beneath the Bashan’s Taoist Gu who created “Returning Wind Willow-Less Seven Seven Forty-Nine Sword”.

Tie Zhentian said: “He was defeated before he even used a single move from his Seven Seven Forty-Nine Sword. He was defeated by a new youngster in Jianghu who took his sword with his bare hand.”

Ma Rulong said: “This youngster was No Thirteen?”

“At that time, I already hear of the a famous swordsman in the past name Yan Shisan. However afterward for the next three month, all I have heard of was Wu Shisan (No Thirteen).” He reaffirmed: “Exactly three months, ninety days.”

Ma Rulong couldn’t help but asked: “How come you remember it was exactly ninety days?”

“Because within that ninety days from Chongyang to Laba (December 8th), he defeated the Jianghu’s forty three most famous experts.” Tie Zhentian said: “The last one was Iron Sword Sect’s grand master. At the time he was with his disciple eating Laba porridge, and thrown by him into the porridge pot.”

“And then?”

“And then there was nothing.”

“Nothing?” Ma Rulong asked: “What do you mean nothing?”

“Nothing means after that day, the man ‘No Thirteen’ disappeared.” Tie
    Zhentian: “Afterward, no one in Jianghu heard of the name ‘No Thirteen’.”

“And no one knew about his whereabouts.”

“None.”

“Yes.” This time Dawan butted in: “There is someone, I know.”

She tend to know thing other people doesn’t know. After that day, No Thirteen somehow managed to find “Biyu Villa”. On New Year’s eve of that year, he battled Madame Biyu outside the villa at Emerald Slope. This time the one that was defeated was of course No Thirteen.

No one had won a battle against Madame Biyu, absolutely no one. The strange thing was, Madame Biyu did not killed him that day. She only trapped him at Dead Valley and made him swore he would never leave the valley. A dead valley where no grass grow and no birds come, was like the Xingxiu Hai in the extreme north. A environment no one could survive. So No Thirteen from the day became “nothing”, and was quickly forgotten by people.

Dawan said: “However we did not forget about him because Madame always said if there is anyone in the world the survive in Dead Valley, it would be him. As long as he lives, he would wait until he had confidence for revenge. He would definite break his vow and leave Dead Valley.”

Ma Rulong said: “Dead Valley only has him?”

Dawan said: “Only him.”

Ma Rulong said: “However, right now it seemed like he already has eighty four
    subordinates.”

Dawan sighed and said: “I’m afraid even Madame does not know how he could’ve live in Dead Valley and would definitely not know where these people come from. However Madame did say, what other couldn’t even imagine doing, he could somehow.”

Outside was originally extremely quiet. At the time there was suddenly a clear and loud laughter. A person with a very graceful and pleasant voice said: “Very thankful for Miss Xie and young lady’s concern. To be honest, even I originally didn’t have the ability to do all of this. It’s just that I was extremely lucky.”

The person speaking was very far away from this room. However when he spoke, everyone in the room could hear it clearly. Everything everyone said in this room, he could hear it clearly.

Dawan casually asked: “You are No Thirteen?”

She did not raised her voice, the person outside could still hear.

“I am.” He answered.

Dawan deliberately sighed: “Your hearing is very sensitive, even better than rabbits.”

Dawan was obviously deliberately agitating him. Hard to believe he stormed here all by himself. The person outside was laughing even more cheerful: “I’ve trained this all by myself. I was all alone by myself in Dead Valley for two years. Couldn’t hear a single thing and was bored to death. The only thing I could do was listened to sound other people couldn’t hear.”

“What sound?”

“Poisonous snake mating underground, insects crawling on the ground, snake eating insects, insects eating maggots, turtle laying eggs,” No Thirteen laughingly asked: “Have any of you heard of these noises before?”

No. No one heard of it before.

No Thirteen said: “However I can hear all of these noises. In fact, I could hear them clearly.”

If a person could hear all of these things clearly, what else could they not hear?

No Thirteen continued: “Fortunately I don’t need to hear these noises anymore!”

“Oh?”

“Because five years later, I already have many people to talk to.” No Thirteeen said: “That Dead Valley with no people, right now already have 824 people for me to talk to. What I want them to say, they would say. What I say, they would listen.”

Dawan said: “Where did you find all these people to talk to?”

“Because my luck is especially good,” No Thirteen smiled: “At that Dead Valley, there is one more thing besides black rocks.”

“What thing?”

“Gold,” No Thirteen was laughing joyfully, and said: “I can guaranteed none of you had never seen so many gold in your life.”

With so many gold, what else couldn’t he do.

No Thirteen said: “So my days became happier and happier. My martial art also improve a bit, so I couldn’t help coming out for a walk. The most important part is that I wanted to see Madame Xie and her daughter. If it isn’t for her, how would I have today?”

Dawan couldn’t help but asked: “How do you know Madame Xie’s daughter is here?”

“Of course I know,” No Thirteen laughed: “After a person have this much gold, there are very things he doesn’t know.”

“Why don’t you come in to see her?”

“I’m not in a hurry.” No Thirteen said: “I already waited for twenty years, what’s another couple of days?”

“What are you waiting for?”

“I have already sent people to purchase all kinds of silks and satins, invite tailors with the best craftsmanship, to help Miss Xie tailor make some clothes. And especially brought Jingcheng’s jewelry and cosmetics.” No thirteen laughed: “After Miss Xie changed to her new clothes and after makeups, I would come request to see her.” He smiled and said: “Right now I’m not in a rush because I always dislike sordid woman.”

His voice was still very pleasant, have not said any indecent or used any vulgar words. Dawan’s heart already sanked, she already hear the unnerving implication in his words. -- He like woman dressing up attractively. Once Xie Yulun dressed up beautifully, he would prepared to “like” her.

Tie Zhentian of course what he was preparing to do, suddenly asked: “Is he human?”

“Seems like it.”

“Then very good.” Tie Zhentian said: “Since he is human and I am human, why can’t I go out and look at him?”

No Thirteen from the outside immediately said: “Please come out. Please come out quickly. I have already set up a grand feast, welcoming all of you.”

Tie Zhentian laughed: “I precisely wanted to comfortably feast on a meal.”

He suddenly asked Wang Wanwu: “Do you want to?”

Default Chapter 29

Chapter 29 - The Feast

Wang Wanwu already stood up and said: “Of course I wanted it.” The feast had not started, the muddy empty land was covered with round and shiny black rocks. However there was a folding armchair made of fine wood and high craftsmanship. Behind the folding chair, a brocade curtain was hanged high. There was also a curly beard and sideburn, depressed green eye Persian servant. He was wearing bright red hat with blue silk ribbon on top. He was wearing a golden embroidered black robe fastened with a bright red waistband. His hand was holding a curved sabre and standing behind the folding chair. No Thirteen was sitting on the folding chair.
    [TL: The actual furniture is a “huchuang”. At first I thought “chuang”=bed, so it must be a bed. Nope...it’s some kind of freaking ancient folding chair...lol...It is symmetrical “x” shaped folding chair with a top “seating”. It’s also called a shou-gi (no not the chess) in Japanese.]

He did not look like a orphan with no name, surname, father, and mother. And he absolutely did not look like a madman. His face was very pale white but was very handsome. His body gesture was very polite and elegant. His pale white face made it hard for anyone to figure out his real age. His refined smile and magnificent noble smile also made it harder for people to notice his age.

Although the feast hadn’t started, numerous guests already arrived. Jue dashi and them were his guests. And like any other guest, they stood in front of the folding armchair because other than this folding armchair there was no chair or any place to sit down.

Other than this folding armchair, there was absolutely nothing else. However once Tie Zhentian and Wang Wanwu came out, the host used the most polite manner to invite them to “sit down”.

He first asked the Persian servant: “Did you see whether there are any other guest coming?”

“I did not see any.”
 No Thirteen immediately raised his hand to greet the guest, and with and genuine smile he said: “Please sit. Please be seated before we start talking.”

The first to “sit” was actually Jue dashi. He was sitting on an non-existent chair. He face had no expression, hanging in mid air as if there was actually a chair underneath him. Therefore, everyone else started “sitting”. Only Tie Zhentian was still standing.

No Thirteen asked: “Why didn’t gexia (you/sir) sit?”

“I like to stand up to eat.” Tie Zhentian smartly reply: “Standing up to eat, you can eat more.”

“Make sense!” No Thirteen clapped his hand, smiled, and said: “Today everyone should eat more. Today I have prepared for everyone Eastern Sea mullet, North Sea shark fin, South Sea bird nest and lobster, Jingcheng’s lamb and roast duck, Jiangnan’s vinegar fish and steamed crab, and an entire cattle and sheep. Enough for everyone to eat till their heart’s content.”

There wasn’t any of the things he said, but used the most hospitable attitude to urge the guest o “eat a bit more”. He also prepared a vegetarian dish for Jue dashi.

The first to eat was also Jue dashi. Since even Jue dashi started to eat, everyone else of course could only comply and eat. These people were all renowned Wulin heroes from everywhere, real men of Jianghu. Right now were all like little children “playing tea”. Every person was holding onto a non-existent chopstick, sitting on a non-existent chair, and began eating non-existent food. The only difference between them and children was that they, themselves, did not believe play pretending was very fun. Although their actions seem very comical, their looks were very stern and serious.

Other than Jue dashi, every single one of them looked as if their was an invisible hand holding onto their necks. Jue dashi’s face still had no expression, picking up food with his chopstick one at a time and masticating slowly. When he was chewing, not sure whether he was angry, scared, or had a mouth full of bitterness. Since he became famous, he had not done matters that was disgraceful in front of people. However right now his hard earned reputation, was chewed and swallowed one bite at a time by these non-existent things.

Tie Zhentian had a body full of goosebumps from what he saw. He could not imagine why Jue dashi would do such a thing? Why such fear toward this madman? However, he finally understood exactly what kind of madman was No Thirteen.

Although Dawan already explained it carefully to him, however Tie Zhentian finally understood no matter how carefully she said it she could not describe the madness he possessed. No Thirteen was also staring at Tie Zhentian. Only Tie Zhentian was the only one that did not move his chopsticks.

“Why don’t you eat a bit?”

“Eat what?”

“The taste of lamb and vinegar fish aren’t bad,” No Thirteen said: “Roast duck are better eaten hot.”

“Where are the roast duck?” Tie Zhentian asked: “Where are the vinegar fish?”

“You couldn’t see?”

“I couldn’t see.”

No Thirteen said: “Other people could see, why couldn’t you?”

“Because I am not as smart as them.” Tie Zhentian said: “These things you said, probably only smart people can see them.”

No Thirteen stared at him again for a while and suddenly laughed: “So you are a fool, only a fool could not see so many delicious foods here.”

His voice suddenly stopped and his face had an angry expression. He turned his head and sneeringly stared at Feng Chaofan and loudly asked: “How could you do such a thing?”

Feng Chaofan was startled, “What did I do?”

“There are so many good foods here that you choose not eat, why did you have to eat my little dog?”

“Your little dog?” Feng Chaofan did not understand what he was saying. “Where is your little dog?”

“He was here at first.” No Thirteen said: “Right now he was eaten alive by you with skin and bone.”

Not only was he angry but sad: “This little dog had been with me for several year. He was like a son to me, why did you have to eat him? Why are you so cruel?”

Feng Chaofan expression changed. “Sky Offering Daxia” Feng Chaofan was already famous thirty years ago with a pair of sixty-three catties Hunyuan Iron Plates roamed Baishan and Black Water. What haven’t he seen before? Obviously, he could tell No Thirteen was deliberately causing trouble for him. He hoped Jue dashi could give him a hand and fight against this madman. They were long time friends, Jue dashi should at least say something on his behalf!

Unexpectedly the first person to say something was not his friend, but the abhorred and great bandit Tie Zhentian. “There isn’t a single dog here.” Tie Zhentian said: “No big dogs or little dogs.”

“You are a fool. Of course you couldn’t see.” No Thirteen said: “I saw it with my own eyes, it was definitely not fake.”

“I’m afraid you saw it wrong this time.”

“You insist there is no dog here?”

“Absolutely none.”

“However I said there is and it was already in his stomach eaten by him.” No
    Thirteen suddenly had a mischievous smile and clearly said one words at a time: “Do you want to bet with me?”

“How to bet?”

“Bet whether that dog is in his stomach,” No Thirteen chuckled: “Use your head as a betting chip.”

Xie Zhentian suddenly felt his hand and leg became cold, his stomach was about to throw up. He already figure out what the madman wanted to do. Feng Chaofan obviously figured it out too. He suddenly howled and charged at No Thirteen. His “Tiger Claw Kung Fu” and his Hunyuan Iron Plates were famous Guandong Wulin unique specialities.

Jue dashi face actually changed and madly yelled: “Stop! Quickly Stop!” He said it a bit too late, Feng Chaofan’s body already fell down. No Thirteen’s Persian servant behind him had his curved blade out of his sheath.

A flash of blade, fresh blood shot out like arrows. There is only one method to see whether someone’s stomach had a dog inside. The most rudimental, forceful, and cruelest method; the kind only madman would use. This madman was already using this method. The Feng Chaofan that roamed Jianghu for thirty actually couldn’t dodge his blade, a chest cutting belly opening blade.

Everyone’s expression changed and some were already throwing up, some were running away outward, and some were pouncing forward. No Thirteen was still chuckling, a mad laughter that was surreptitious and wicked. No one would forget this after hearing it once. The flashes of blade was still moving, one blade one life. No one could escape the blade of this Persian servant. Because once his blade strike, a black stone already flew over. They came from No Thirteen’s hand.

No Thirteen using his middle finger to flick the black stone, once you heard the noise the black stone already hit the target’s acupoint. The only one that could dodged it was Jue dashi and Tie Zhentian but they had no way to avoid that folding chair. The blade’s light and blood already blind their eyes. They almost could not see where No Thirteen was. At this time, they could see Ma Rulong.

Ma Rulong broke through the blade and blood. He was not here to die, but was here to save lives. Although he didn’t have confidence to fully retreat, he still have to risk it. No one could hold him back, he would rather die than let this cruelty continue. He must rescue all that he could rescue. At this moment, he was not really concern with his own life.

He did not die. He knew he did not die and beside he saved several people. However when he rushed back to the general store, he was already injured and exhausted. He collapsed right after entering the door. He went through hell and who did risk his life to save?

My goodness, no wonder some scenes were so familiar - this is the movie I watched way way back when I was a young kid.. the scene with Tie Zhentian eating salt and raw eggs, the Biyu Jade Palace mother and daughter etc.. and the name Wu Shishan (although I remembered it wrong as Wu Shinhan). I seem to remember Wu as a vampire of sorts, and all the other people were terrified of him, even the villains. The eagle claw old man, the old monk, the younger monk with a buddha carried on his back etc.. says a lot about my age then that I have no recollection of Ma Rulong or Qiu Fengcheng, then.

Can't wait for the rest of the story then, although I'm sure the movie wasn't that faithful to the novel. Google has brought up the movie The Silver Spear on Youku.com =)

Thanks so much for the translation - it's also helped me close a memory which has been nagging at me for years!!

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

yan shisan was mentioned so i'm assuming this story happens after sword of third master and after curved moon saber. is there any connection between no 13 and yan13? please give the answer in spoiler form. since mdm biyu is surnamed xie is there a connection to the xie family of sword of third master.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

lol that was the best dinner scene ever

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    yan shisan was mentioned so i'm assuming this story happens after sword of third master and after curved moon saber. is there any connection between no 13 and yan13? please give the answer in spoiler form. since mdm biyu is surnamed xie is there a connection to the xie family of sword of third master.
    No spoiler necessary cause I really don't have any definitive answers to your questions.

I am reading this as I am translating, and the book haven't reveal any answers to your questions. I have a feeling it's probably not gonna be answered anyway.

In my opinion:
    1. From the way Tie Zhentian mentioned him, Yan Shisan was a character "of the past". Most likely he was not a character that exist during his life. I don't think there are any overlapping characters between Silver Spear and Curved Sabre (correct me if I'm wrong). Since Curved Sabre is clearly taken place after Third Master. My assumption would be that Silver Spear is also after Curved Sabre.
    On the side, not that it really mean much, Silver Spear was written after Curved Sabre.

2. Though their names sound the same, there are probably no connection between the two.

3. Hard to say because I have not read anything about the type of martial art she has or why she dislike people knowing her last name.

Default Chapter 30

Tailor, Make Ups, Bride Carriage

When Ma Rulong woke up, everything was all quiet. The world became lonesome. He was already carried inside by someone and placed on the only bed in house. This was his first time sleeping on this bed.

Xie Yulun was by his side looking at him, it was only the two of them in this room. Ma Rulong forcibly smiled at her, and immediately asked: “Where are the people?”

“What people?”

“The people I rescued.”

Xie Yulun did not answer and asked him back: “Do you know who you rescued?”

“I know,” Ma Rulong said: “Tie Zhentian came back with me.”

“Other than him, who else?”

“Also Jue dashi,” Ma Rulong was very calm, “Jue dashi came back with us.”

He said this calmly, Xie Yulun seemed rather agitated: “So you know you rescued him?”

Ma Rulong laughed: “Why wouldn’t I know?”

He actually laughed. Why did some people always laugh at time where they
    shouldn’t be laughing?

“You knew?” Xie Yulun seemed even more agitated: “You know he was the one that forced you into a corner. A person that was determine to have your life, and you saved him?”

“I saved a person,” Ma Rulong said: “As long as he is human, I would not let him die in the hand of that madman. Doesn’t matter whether he is a friend, enemy, or anyone as of matter.”

Xie Yulun looked at him strangely and after a while asked: “Are you speaking the truth? Or are you intentionally doing all this for me to see?”

Ma Rulong did not answer this question, he refused to answer.

“You are real,” Xie Yulun said: “Because you were really risking your life for him at first!” She suddenly sighed: “I originally would never believe you are such a good person, however right now I really couldn’t not believe.”

Jue dashi had been standing at the corner next to the wooden shelves with general items. He was there since he came to the general items store. He didn’t move, speak, or take a look at anyone. His body had blood stains, clothes were shredded, and also suffered some injures. However, he still remained calm and compose.

The people that came back with him, other than Tie Zhentian, were two people that were originally his fellow colleagues. However these two looked as if they had never seen him before. It looked as though they would contract incurable diseases if they approach him. Of course, they knew who these people in the general store were; they were his enemies. They did not want to be dragged down by him. Jue dashi also did not looked at them, his eyes were blank like he did not see anyone.

The first to speak was Dawan: “I know it is hard for you to stay here. However as long as you are willing to stay, we would not force you out.”

Jue dashi remained silent.

Dawan again said: “Do you have something to say?”

“Yes,” Jue dashi suddenly opened his mouth: “However what I have to say, I
    could only say it to one person.”

“Who?”

“Ma Rulong.”

The little shed was messy and plain. Dawan stayed in this little shed for nearly four months. Right now there were only two people inside. Jue dashi could finally meet alone with Ma Rulong.

“This time you saved me,” He said: “If it wasn’t for you, I would not be here. If I am not here, I would surely be dead like others outside.” He slowly continued: “However I would not let you go because of this. As long as I am not dead and you are also not dead, I would never let you go.”

Ma Rulong smiled and lightly said: “I rescued you not so you would let me off, otherwise why would I even save you?”

Jue dashi said: “However, these are in the past.”

Ma Rulong sighed: “Correct, no matter how you treat me in the past, it doesn’t matter anymore because we might not even be alive tomorrow.”

“However we are still not dead yet,” Jue dashi said: “The tailor still hasn’t come and make ups haven’t been sent, thus that madman would not come in for the moment.”

“Hopefully so.”

“It must be like this,” Jue dashi said: “I understand this madman. He sees us as fishes in the net, he is not in a rush to kill us.”

He said again: “So we might have a chance to escape. Therefor I came to tell you, no matter whether we are friends or enemies. In this period, I will follow you, Ma Rulong’s lead. In my lifetime, I never take orders from anyone. However this is an exception.”

Ma Rulong was staring at him and after a while asked: “Is this what you wanted to tell me?”

“Yes.”

Other than Tie Zhentian and Jue dashi, two other people came back with Ma Rulong. One was Wang Wanwu, his shoulder joint was shattered. Surprisingly, he still hadn’t die by the curved blade that no one could avoid.

When Dawan arranged for Jue dashi to meet with Ma Rulong, he suddenly asked Tie Zhentian: “I know a brother of yours ended in the hands of Jue dashi. Don’t you want to know whether he is dead or alive?”

“I do.”

“Why didn’t you ask?”

“I couldn’t ask, nor want to ask.” Tie Zhentian said: “I am afraid he already die under his hand.”

If Tie Quanyi really die under Jue dashi’s hand, he would never let him go.

“But I can’t kill him,” Tie Zhentian said: “Since Ma Rulong brought him back, I should not harm him.”

When Dawan came back, Wang Wanwu suddenly told her: “I want to see him alone.”

“See who?” Dawan asked: “Ma Rulong?”

“Yes.”

“You also have something to say?” Dawan asked again: “The thing you need to say, you can only say it to him?”

Wang Wanwu nodded.

When he nodded, his eyes was looking at Tie Zhentian because he knew Tie Zhentian must have something to say to him.

Tie Zhentian indeed asked him: “Do you know why you still haven’t die?”

Wang Wanwu spoke. “I did not die because you always protected me. Although we were rival, right now it seemed like you consider me as a friend.”

“However the words you have to say could only be said to Ma Rulong himself.” Tie Zhentian said: “Why couldn’t you say it to me? Obviously you don’t believe in me.”

“I believe in you,” Wang Wanwu said: “It’s just that I trust Ma Rulong even more.”

“Why do you have to trust him?”

“Because Jue dashi also trust him,” Wang Wanwu said: “Is Jue dashi his friend?”

“No.”

“A person that is equally trusted by his friends and enemies, how could anyone not trust him?”

Tie Zhentian suddenly laughed. “Good, you are right.” He firmly pat on Wang
    Wanwu shoulder: “You go then.”

Ma Rulong also could not believe Wang Wanwu wanted to see him alone. Also couldn’t believe the first thing he said was to tell him a secret.

“I haven’t die yet not because Tie Zhentian was protecting me,” Wang Wanwu said: “I haven’t die because No Thirteen didn’t really want me to die.”

He also told him another secret: “His ‘Finger Flicking God Art, Flying Stone Hitting Acupoint’ is definitely more advance state than anyone had ever attained. His Persian servant skill is definitely much faster than anyone. However the people that was killed by them were not killed by the flying stone and under the curved sabre.”
    [TL: Tanzhi Shengong is a very common high level skill in wuxia story. I think it was also mention in Jinyong novels. I’m pretty sure there are better “translated name”
    for it...]

“Not?”

“Those people died because among them at least half of them had been bribed.”

Wang Wanwu explained: “For example, let’s say Zhang San and Li Si were friends. However Zhang San was already bribed by him but Li Si did not know. When that Persian servant slash with his sabre and Li Si died under it, would other people think the Li Si’s death was because he couldn’t avoid Persian servant’s strike?”

“Yes!”

“When other people saw No Thirteen flicked a throwing stone, would other people think Li Si’s death was because No Thirteen flying stone hit his acupoint?”

“Yes.”

“Actually that wasn’t the case.” Wang Wanwu said: “Actually No Thirteen did not
    hit his acupoint. It was because he was hit on the acupoint by his brethren amidst the chaos.”

He also said: “I must come here to tell you this because I don’t want you to underestimate No Thirteen wugong, and also don’t want you to think he is a god.”

Ma Rulong of course asked him: “How do you know this secret?”

“Because I was brought out by him,” Wang Wanwu forcibly smiled: “So I didn’t die.”

“Why do you have to tell me this secret?”

“Because I trust you,” Wang Wanwu said: “Right now I am confident that you would not betray anyone.”

Those that came back with Ma Rulong, other than Tie Zhentian, Jue dashi, and Wang Wanwu, there was also one more. This person was not too old or too young, not too handsome or too ugly, didn’t dressed too glamorously or too shabby. This was the type of person you see plenty of everyday.

Right now he still haven’t die was probably because he was too normal looking. There were a few people that knew sometimes “normal” was a great cover, sometimes it might not even be normal at all.

Dawan happened to be one of these few people. She was well aware of him. She suddenly asked: “What’s your name?”

This normal looking person smiled, nodded, and shook his head.

Dawan again asked: “You can not hear what I said or can not speak?” The person responded the exact same way. He was still smiling, nodding his head, and then shaking his head.

No one would be able to understand what he meant. Dawan didn’t understand either. His intention was so people wouldn’t understand.

Dawan suddenly also laughed. “Of course you are not deaf or mute. You just don’t want to mention your name.” She slightly continued: “I asked you, of course you don’t have to answer. However when others ask you, it would be difficult for you to not answer.”

The person suddenly asked her back: “Are you people waiting for someone?”

“Waiting for who?”

“Waiting for a tailor,” The person said: “The tailor No Thirteen sent here to help make new cloth for a lady Xie.”

Dawan stared at him.

“How do you know No Thirteen sent a tailor here?” Dawan asked: “How do you know we are waiting for him?”

“Of course I know.” This person said: “I also know this tailor already arrived. Not only did he brought silk fabrics and make ups, but also brought a bride’s carriage.”

“Where is this tailer now?”

“In here,” This normal person suddenly revealed an abnormal smile: “I am this tailor.”

I'm getting depressed now. I'm starting to like a lot of the supporting characters in this story now, but knowing Gu Long, they most probably won't survive =(

This is a great translation. I can't wait to see what's next.

Default Chapter 31

Chapter 31 - The Miraculous Tailor

Carefully looking, this person was indeed a tailor. Again carefully looking, you would think he looked like anything. If you casually said that he did something, no one would suspect it. Every occupations had people like him, plain and normal looking, common clothing and polite smile.

“I am a good tailor. Within several hundred li, there are absolutely no tailor better than me.” He smiled and said: “The clothes I make are guaranteed to be novel and form fitting.” People normally welcome a good tailor. However this tailor was an exception, absolutely no one here welcome him.

Dawan forcibly smiled, “I can’t tell you are a very good tailor. However no matter how good you are, without fabrics and materials you can not make any clothes.”

Once the clothes were completed, No Thirteen would not let them comfortably stay here. She hoped this tailor could not finish the clothing, she could not tell what he brought alone with him.

But this tailor said: “I just brought them here. I can guarantee they are the best materials with the best color, newest materials, highest quality, and absolutely would not fade.”

“The materials you brought are here?”

“Right here.”

No one could see where his materials are. However once he turned around, his hands suddenly had two bolts of silk fabrics. One was a scarlet red silk fabrics that was also embroidered with a golden peonies flowers. Everyone was startled. No one could tell what kind of method he used and where he pulled these two bolts of silk fabrics out. Suddenly like magic, he conjured up a big back of rogues, perfumes, and face powders. No one could tell where on his body could he be hiding all of these things.

Tie Zhentian sighed: “Couldn’t believe us old Jianghu could overlooked this. Couldn’t believe this fellow here is an expert.”

Tailor smiled and shook his head. “I am not an expert (gao ren). I am not tall (gao) at all. You are taller than me. Tall people with the right appearance looks much better wearing clothes.” He glanced at Tie Zhentian from head to toe: “Unfortunately the clothes you are wearing aren’t good. Next time, if we have a chance, I’ll help you make two sets of clothes.”

“At first I heard you brought over a bride carriage.”

“Once the time is right, the bride carriage will show up.” Tailor smiled: “Since the brides and bridegroom are not in a hurry, why are everyone so anxious?”

When the words “bride and bridegroom” were mentioned, everyone expression changed.

They definitely did not guess wrong, No Thirteen did have wild ambitions. If he could married the big Miss of Biyu Villa, not only would it angered Madame Biyu, Dawan would want to died too.

Tie Zhentian suddenly asked Dawan: “Can we let him make cloth for Miss Xie?”

“No.”

Tie Zhentian said: “Is there no such thing as a tailor that doesn’t make clothes?”

“There’s only one kind.”

“What kind of tailor would not make clothes?”

“A dead tailor.”

The tailor looked as if he did not understand their meaning and actually laughed. “I am not a dead tailor. I am a good tailor.”

“It’s a pity a good tailor can also become a dead tailor.” Tie Zhentian coldly laughed and slowly extend his arm. His injuries are already getting better. When his iron fists were extended, his joints on his body cracked, dense like firecracker.

Even if this tailor was an idiot, he should understand his meaning. He suddenly yelled: “Wait! I still have something to say.”

“Say it.”

“What I have to say, I can only say it to Ma Rulong.”

“He doesn’t want to hear it.” Tie Zhentian inched forward: “I know he doesn’t want to hear it.”

Ma Rulong suddenly went over.

“This time you are wrong,” Ma Rulong said. “He is also human. He have something to say, why wouldn’t I listen?”

Ma Rulong left with the tailor. No one stop and no one disapprove. As long as Ma Rulong already decided, no one could disapprove. What kind of secret does this tailor have to tell Ma Rulong? Why only just tell him? No one knew and no one wanted to know. Everyone trust Ma Rulong like they trust themselves. No one know when did this began, however every one know this was how it was right now.

After a long while, Ma Rulong came back by himself. Dawan immediately asked him.

“Where is the tailor?”

“At the back, helping Xie Yulun tailor clothes.”

“Why do you let him go?”

“Because he is a tailor, this is what he is suppose to do.” Ma Rulong said: “He isn’t the only tailor in this world. If I don’t let him, other tailors would come.”

His explanation wasn’t really satisfying. Right now what they needed the most was time. The more time they get the better chance they would have. Ma Rulong should understand the well but it doesn’t look like he really understand this point. Everyone in the general store couldn’t help but sighed. Outside the general store, No Thirteen suddenly laughed loudly.

“I haven’t admire anyone for a long time,” No Thirteen said: “Right now I have to admire you.”

“You admire me?” Ma Rulong actually asked: “Why do you admire me?”

“Because I know you are that Ma Rulong. The people here are all you enemies and rivals. The should’ve kill you a long time ago.” No Thirteen said: “However, right now every one seem to submit to you. For any secret, they are only willing to tell you. Even if they think what you do are stupid, they still did not protest. People like you, shouldn’t wait for death along with them.”

“What should I do?” Ma Rulong actually asked.

“You should come out. Meet me face to face and become friends.”

Ma Rulong actually immediately agreed: “Good, I’ll come out.” He actually really went out. No one would’ve thought he would really go out. Even No Thirteen, himself, might not have thought he would come out. However, he actually did do the exact thing no one would imagine doing. Could it be that he really wanted to become friends with this madman? Could it be that he really did not that he might die on his hand once he step out? Could it be that he was also mad like No Thirteen where he didn’t look crazy normally but was demented inside?
 Looking at him pulling open one of the door and walking out, everyone jumped back. Tie Zhentian was looking at Dawan, and Dawan was looking back at Tie Zhentian. These two couldn’t believe Ma Rulong suddenly became like this.

“Is he crazy?”

“Doesn’t look like it.” The one that understood Ma Rulong the most was Dawan. Right now even Dawan wasn’t too sure.

“He doesn’t look like an idiot either.”

“He absolutely not stupid.”

“Only god knows.” These things did indeed seemed like only god knew.

Tie Zhentian suddenly asked: “Do you think the tailor is a bit strange?”

“Not just strange, but extremely weird.” Whoever could suddenly grab two large bolt of silk fabrics out of thin air, was definitely not a normal person.

“I know in Jianghu there was a ‘heart-absorbing’ art that could make a person lost his self.”

“There is.”

“Do you think Ma Rulong is hypnotized by this ‘heart-absorbing’ art? Therefore he is acting strange.”

This was definitely a high possibility. Another possibility was that tailor already taken Xie Yulun hostage and used her to threaten Ma Rulong.

Tie Zhentain and Dawan already thought of these and at the same time went into this room with the door curtain. Once they went in, they were startled. Even more startled by Ma Rulong’s display at first. And even more startled than seeing ghost. Tie Zhentian roamed Jianghu for decades, he had never seen such a shocking thing. He almost couldn’t believe his own eyes. What exactly did they see?

(End of Chapter 31)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a four years hiatus, I've finally resume the translation at Post 91.
    Last edited by kaister; 05-05-14 at 08:43 PM.

wow, this cliffhanger is getting to me

thanks for the translation

A little status update so people know i'm not dead...lol

I actually have less than 5 chapters to go. I could just post what I have right now but I wanted to finish up everything before posting so i don't hold people up.

I've been busy the pretty this past month...I just couldn't concentrate on the translation. I'll have a bit more free time in August. I'll try to lock myself up and finish the translating the remaining chapters before September. The next I post, hopefully I'll be done. If not, I'll at least promise to post up what I have.

Thanks again for the translation

Kaister, maybe you can post what you have already so we can know what happened after that crazy cliffhanger.

Thanks again for the translation.

read from beggining 2 end in one sitting, this is an amazing novel, and i love Ma Rulong’s character. thanks kaister for this amazing translation i for one am deeply appreciative

I read it in a few sittings. I just registered today to tell kaister: Thank you. I'm desperately waiting for the rest of the story.

Hmm...I'm still alive guys. I'm still aware of this thread.

I have up to chapter 34 finished. Yes...I'll be posting these up in the next few days...one at a time.

Unfortunately, I'm busy with other stuff at the moment. I mean, if I really force myself, I could've finished translation. Unfortunately...translating has the lowest priority on my things to do list. During the summer...I have a gap with a lot of free time. That's why you see me translation up to 30 chapters within a month. I'm busier now.

Hopefully...I'll continue translating a bit a time and get this done asap. I have warn you guys...it's gonna be much slower.

Don't worry about it Kaister. You've already done a lot and the translation that you've made so far was a blast to read. Even if you take a break forever, it's understandable. No pressure man