Thread: How do the main characters resemble you?

Default How do the main characters resemble you?

Map yourself to characteristics of main characters that describe you.

Looking at the main characters, it seems many of them have a little bit of me in them. Here are the profiles of main characters that describe me:

Guo Jing: honest, slow-minded, determined to work harder than everyone else, cares about common people

Yang Guo: emotional, defiant, devoted to love

Xiao Feng: liberal-minded, peace-cherishing, human-centered values, prone to anger, uncontrollable in rage, no interest in women (hehe)

Zhang Wuji: indecisive, trouble letting go, dreads conflict, irresponsible flirting

Duan Yu: creates opportunities to get close to crush

Xuzhu: unfamiliar with elegant language in professional setting
    Last edited by PJ; 06-18-10 at 11:22 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Map yourself to characteristics of main characters that describe you.

Looking at the main characters, it seems many of them have a little bit of me in them. Here are the profiles of main characters that describe me:

Guo Jing: honest, slow-minded, determined to work harder than everyone else, cares about common people

Yang Guo: emotional, defiant, devoted to love

Xiao Feng: liberal-minded, peace-cherishing, human-centered values, prone to anger, uncontrollable in rage, no interest in women (hehe)

Zhang Wuji: indecisive, trouble letting go, dreads conflict, irresponsible flirting

Duan Yu: creates opportunities to get close to crush

Xuzhu: unfamiliar with elegant language in professional setting
    WoW, you're the slow burning, stubborn, and devious sort huh LoL! How come they're all men? As for MOI...well I'm no expert on various main characters, but they're are some traits they have that are applicable to my own character. I'll start with the guys you listed...at least the ones I can relate to anyway.

YG: rebel...except I'm way more suave and subtler than he is...oh and cunning...I'm scrappy and sneaky for a little person.

XF: peaceful...yes to an extent [only if I know I can't win LoL]; I believe in cultural relativism that's being people centered right? AND integrity

DY: cultured [check], scholarly [check], expert in back handed commentary [check..I kind of think he would be good at this]

XZ: lucky underachiever...

Now for some others...

Linghu Chong: glib attitude that hides surprising profundity

Huang Rong: cruel streak...unfortunate but true, spoiled...when I'm upset, my inner princess comes out, unorthodox..personally I think I'm quite normal, BUT if I had a dime for every time I've heard: "You're a weird one."...

Zhao Min: highly principled and persistant...if I want something, I must have it...like ZWJ, and personally sometimes "the end justifies the means" ..sometimes, sometimes

That's all I can think of and personally I'd rather restrain myself lest others think I'm stroking my own ego LoL I'm not the "lead" type and would not want to be because they never see through the plot!

Is there a hero who "burns cold"? Meaning the opposite of uncontrollable raging "see red" types. I'm the former; I don't get mad, I get even.
    I like me.

I want to put Xiao Feng's manly no-nonsense approach, but that's me aspiring to be like him, not him resembling me.

I want to put Linghu Chong's carefree dying is no big deal non-chalant attitude, but that is how I want to be like instead of how I am. I can relate to him getting all emo and melancholic about someone he's attached to, but who knows. He's also said to be not good looking, but rather plain, another similarity.

Xu Zhu: I'm a lost little boy when I'm out of my comfort zone. And a push over.

Zhang Wuji: choking under pressure and pretty girls aren't nice to me.

Guo Jing: For some things, I am just dense.

Duan Yu: Without knowing the wider context of things, rushing into things and end up being embarassed or in trouble.

Main characters are so limited, most of their traits fall in the heroic handsome/smart with alot of overlap. There's alot more traits embodied by supporting characters. From where in that list would you pick something like I'm a hypocrite and I like engineering the suffering of people I don't like on a whim. Or, I'm a flat out ***** with no loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Main characters are so limited, most of their traits fall in the heroic handsome/smart with alot of overlap. There's alot more traits embodied by supporting characters. From where in that list would you pick something like I'm a hypocrite and I like engineering the suffering of people I don't like on a whim. Or, I'm a flat out ***** with no loyalty.
    We'll get to ppl's darker side another time

I want to put Xiao Feng's manly no-nonsense approach, but that's me aspiring to be like him, not him resembling me.
    Actually, I think XLN is the most impressive in no-nonsenseness (except in love, that's not nonsense though ). Gets straight to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Actually, I think XLN is the most impressive in no-nonsenseness (except in love, that's not nonsense though ). Gets straight to the point.
    Xiao Feng does it with manliness. Whether he's berating MRF, or taking on obscene numbers of foes and embarassing them.
    He does it in a way that isn't just no nonsense, he raises the standards so much, they look even more nonsense than before.

When MRF sucker punches someone, XF manages to man handle him like a helpless child. An otherwise despicable act, now just looks pathetic.

When the beggar elders were begging to commit seppuku to redeem lost honour. Xiao Feng stabs himself 6 times. While they failed to act instead of speak, Xiao Feng hoards even more honour and respect onto himself, without a second thought for it. An attempt at redeeming lost honour, compared to one of the most badass emo wrist slashing moments in wuxia literature? If they didn't feel like shit already for their doubt, they've got no hope to even try now.

When the Khitan king tries to make himself look honourable by offering riches to Xiao Feng for his honourable act. He ended up looking like a tool when he got rebuked for cheapening Xiao Feng's high standards of friendship.

Not only does he cut to the point, he cuts them down. I don't know where I'm going with this post, this is what my thoughts are like at 5am.

I want to put Linghu Chong's carefree dying is no big deal non-chalant attitude, but that is how I want to be like instead of how I am. I can relate to him getting all emo and melancholic about someone he's attached to, but who knows. He's also said to be not good looking, but rather plain, another similarity.

Xu Zhu: I'm a lost little boy when I'm out of my comfort zone. And a push over.

Zhang Wuji: choking under pressure and pretty girls aren't nice to me.

Guo Jing: For some things, I am just dense.
    ...well that's just depressing. What a lackluster attitude. What? No awesome ability to inspire chuckles with self depreciating sense of humor? Plain in looks? How about, ninja-esque slickness to blend into foreign and possibly hostile environments...it's the pretty ones that die first.

Wait did I miss the sarcasm? I didn't sense any.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    ...well that's just depressing. What a lackluster attitude. What? No awesome ability to inspire chuckles with self depreciating sense of humor? Plain in looks? How about, ninja-esque slickness to blend into foreign and possibly hostile environments...it's the pretty ones that die first.

Wait did I miss the sarcasm? I didn't sense any.
    Neither heroic, endlessly witty or good hearted. I miss most of the overlapping traits of JY heroes.

It's the good looking ones that are generally favoured by the powerful when in danger, ala LPZ and Kang Min. Good looking people as a general rule don't die randomly as cannon fodder.

More to the point, it's the lackluster attitude that takes you by surprise. While you've already discounted me. I can run around wearing a mask, and be the stunt double to all the masked heroes who come just in time to save the day. Since, they can't be everywhere at once, that's where stunt doubles come in.

More to the point, it's the lackluster attitude that takes you by surprise. While you've already discounted me. I can run around wearing a mask, and be the stunt double to all the masked heroes who come just in time to save the day. Since, they can't be everywhere at once, that's where stunt doubles come in.
    ::blink::blink::blink:: You wanna be my stunt double?

How come no other girls have replied to this thread yet. I'm waiting for someone to describe herself as being an unearthly beauty or in possession of an eidetic memory.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    ::blink::blink::blink:: You wanna be my stunt double?

How come no other girls have replied to this thread yet. I'm waiting for someone to describe herself as being an unearthly beauty or in possession of an eidetic memory.
    Nah, it would make for a poor substitution, our body odours are too different.

Yang Guo = Good looks, pimp, smart. defiant
    Xiao Feng = Manly body, tattoos, untrollable in rage

I'm what women want
    Yo momma cat

Looks like mine is in him.

Great to have HR as a wife too. Do not mind XZ, ZM, ZZR, QQ, MWQ as concubines.

Which character has wishful thinking & delusion of grandeur as her main characteristic? I think you all resemble her.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Which character has wishful thinking & delusion of grandeur as her main characteristic? I think you all resemble her.
    I'm keepin it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Thanks, appreciate the feedback.

Oh wait, edit. I forgot to make a comment to attest to my own awesomeness. Delusions of grandeur? I think not. I happen to be a effin' nifty person. It's a shame none of y'all can witness me in real time.
    Last edited by ByTmE; 06-20-10 at 01:41 AM.
    I like me.