Thread: China goes after Tibetan intellectuals

Default China goes after Tibetan intellectuals

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100618/..._model_tibetan

It has the beginnings of a Cultural Revolution, Part Deux: Tibet Crackdown. Mao is dead, but his ideas and tactics live on. Is this what "Taiwan, China" has to look forward to?
    Last edited by Dirt; 06-18-10 at 05:55 PM.

Dirt, I thought you said you live in United States. Leave them alone. It's none of your business. Let the local people handle their problems.

Hmm... I think you've got too much time on your hands. Why not go get a hobby?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Dirt, buddy, your valiant efforts to slam China might be more useful at another venue. I hate seeing you waste more of your time here, even if you do have a lot of free time.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Taiwan could be like HK and Macao, 'one country, two system'.

Hope that Tibetan guy got a just trial.

Btw, injustices such as this happen everywhere, not, only in China. I really really sympathise with all the victims of injustices, but, you are demonising China too much.

Glad you have drop the pretense of caring for China people though.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-20-10 at 09:59 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

The beginnings of a Cultural Revolution, Part Deux?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Cultural Revolution in Tibet involve, what was it, the wholesale destruction of many/most Tibetan temples and monasteries?

I mean, don't get me wrong, injust imprisonment of political dissidents is a terrible, terrible thing, worthy of condemnation and opprobium, but there's a teensy difference between that and the atrocities of the Cultural Revolution.

Seriously, Dirt, you just try too hard.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Yeah, The Great Leap Forward and Cultural Revolution were terrible things. Well, what can you expect from Marxist idealist leader like Chairman Mao.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Hmm... I think you've got too much time on your hands. Why not go get a hobby?
    Reading the news, keeping up on current events is my hobby. It's one I wish people would invest more time in. What else would you like to talk about? Belgium? Kevin Rudd's ouster? Israel/Gaza? Name a topic. Pick something more localized to you if you like, I'll be happy to read up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Dirt, buddy, your valiant efforts to slam China might be more useful at another venue. I hate seeing you waste more of your time here, even if you do have a lot of free time.
    I find it a unuseful to "preach to the choir" all the time, I get no benefits from it; I don't learn anything nor am I challenged in any way; it benefits me little. I'll leave the preaching and controlling to FoxNews, Xinhua, CCTV and the People's Daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    snip
    I'll refrain from responding to this one lest others think I'm trying pick arguments with you again.
    Last edited by Dirt; 06-25-10 at 11:32 AM.

In that article, all I see are the POVs, opinions, and claims made by pro-Tibetan and/or Anti-China organization's. What's China's side of the story, what about those artifacts, were they really stolen, did he really have them? The details on that part is severally lacking.

Not saying CCP is innocent in this matter, because I don't have enough information to make a judgment one way or another, but that article is about as "fair as balanced" as Al Jazeera on Israel or fox news on Liberals. You can take bunch of one sided evidence and opinions and make anything look like a saint or evil incarnate. And lets face it, western media is not exactly without bias when it comes to China.

Edit: Food for thought, if he's truly Innocent, even if it is just circumstantial evidence to support it, wouldn't those groups jump on it right away? The fact no one seems to contest about the items or the actual crime (and instead focusing on the background events to politicize the whole thing) makes me wonder if he actually did get caught red handed this time.
    Last edited by Dimeron; 06-25-10 at 01:54 PM.

For China's side of the story, just read the People's Daily.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/

I'll let you do your own search.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimeron View Post
    In that article, all I see are the POVs, opinions, and claims made by pro-Tibetan and/or Anti-China organization's. What's China's side of the story, what about those artifacts, were they really stolen, did he really have them? The details on that part is severally lacking.

Not saying CCP is innocent in this matter, because I don't have enough information to make a judgment one way or another, but that article is about as "fair as balanced" as Al Jazeera on Israel or fox news on Liberals. You can take bunch of one sided evidence and opinions and make anything look like a saint or evil incarnate. And lets face it, western media is not exactly without bias when it comes to China.

Edit: Food for thought, if he's truly Innocent, even if it is just circumstantial evidence to support it, wouldn't those groups jump on it right away? The fact no one seems to contest about the items or the actual crime (and instead focusing on the background events to politicize the whole thing) makes me wonder if he actually did get caught red handed this time.
    When it comes to China you can never be clear. Media from all sides will spew their own share of propanganda... it just depends on whether they are pro- or anti-China.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I always feel a great surge of sympathy in my heart when the big evil guy slaps the little evil guy around.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."