Thread: What's your most defining characteristic?

Default What's your most defining characteristic?

Let's talk about ourselves because I like listening [and reading] to people talk about themselves LoL. I think that some people do not have an accurate assessment of their outer image. Conversely, others are very aware and know how others perceive them. So what are your most defining personality and/or physical characteristics? Do people ever tell you otherwise? Do they surprise you?

I'll start with personality: sense of humor. If you know me, then you know I love to laugh. Others tell me that it's my friendliness. I would not ever define myself as a friendly person though.

Physically, I'm 5ft tall. While there are others who are smaller or more petite than I am, but my physical stature, more often than not, makes me feel vulnerable. Others though said it's my eyes and lips....not necessarily in a good way. I've been told that people often feel compelled to answer me honestly when I focus my eyes on them. Hm. It's not like a don't blink when I talk or anything...for lips, I don't know.

Am I highly aware of what others think of me? I honestly don't know, but I'm more in touch with the personality aspect VS the physical aspect it seems.

And y'all? Please share. I love to hear about how others "have no idea" like I do.
    I like me.

personality: very direct; confrontational. some ppl laugh when i say something mean because they think i'm joking when it's actually just the truth weird, random.

appearance: intimidating if i dont know you; which is true. i don't really make eye contact or smile if i don't know you which makes me seem very unfriendly && snobby (but i'm super friendly!). i'm working on this though.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

appearances: im a fan of lolita-dressing, and i dressed up every sunday mass; so many people in church probably knew me by "the girl with an unusual fashion sense" before knowing who i really am. if im not in those sort of dresses im at least in the less than normal attire (or what most people tell me)

personality: i dont know..i get a variety of feedback...but i like to think im kind, gentle, approachable, utterly cute....and HUMBLE.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post

personality: i dont know..i get a variety of feedback...but i like to think im kind, gentle, approachable, utterly cute....and HUMBLE.
    Ok this makes me laugh.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    Yes, but it's really funny! LoL
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    personality: very direct; confrontational. some ppl laugh when i say something mean because they think i'm joking when it's actually just the truth weird, random.
    does that include me? i really find it funny when you cuss because i seem to be able to visual you doing that.

I love to laugh too! considerably cheerful, often clown around, dislike the idea of taking advantage of characters I perceived as weak.

I'm often observing people around me. It takes me awhile to open up and be friendly to people who approach me. I take friendship seriously and will try my best to be there for someone whom I claimed as a good friend.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Why don't you girls post up a couple of 5 years old photos of yourselves and rename this thread "Internet dating"?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

sleepiness, love for food, and obsession with wuxia.
    Last edited by PJ; 06-20-10 at 09:17 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Why don't you girls post up a couple of 5 years old photos of yourselves and rename this thread "Internet dating"?
    i don't dare to post up pictures of myself, whether kiddy me or current me...i do fear stalkers...and i don't exactly wanna increase that number volunteerily via my own careless actions.
    o wilku mowa...♪

Since you suggested, why don't you start? And Lucre has an excellent excellent point.

Oh, and you didn't post of up defining characteristics...though I could help you think of some descriptive words if you want me to.
    I like me.

Personality: I'm apparently very nice. Someone from my work place told me that one of the things he noticed first about me was how nice I am. I was quite surprised to be honest. This is also because some people thought of me as arrogant.

Appearance: No idea. I guess I like my general figure and legs. My hair is also pretty.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post

Appearance: No idea. I guess I like my general figure and legs. My hair is also pretty.
    Keep your glasses on, never switch to contact lens. The glasses are part of what makes you look so hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Keep your glasses on, never switch to contact lens. The glasses are part of what makes you look so hot.
    Guo meimei, Are you hitting on Jaded?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Guo meimei, Are you hitting on Jaded?
    Sis, I'm merely speaking in the capacity of a fellow glasses-wearing human.

What a comeback post I can pretty much imagine how you'd look like as a 5 year-old.

Welcome back, Candyman!

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Oh, and you didn't post of up defining characteristics...though I could help you think of some descriptive words if you want me to.
    He is a B..... for Blunt! Blunt, but still funny!
    __________________________________________________ ______

I should also add this to my most most defining character - absent-minded.... oh, I forgot, some friends would describe me as - hothead beneath that calm exterior, which is very true. I can do inconceiveable things when I get angry.... such as slamming a chair on the person who is the root of my anger.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 06-21-10 at 12:15 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Sis, I'm merely speaking in the capacity of a fellow glasses-wearing human.
    i believe you, cos knowing you, you only hit on chickens and sheep.
    o wilku mowa...♪

Err, I mean photos that are 5 years old - since this thread is all about you people selling your supposedly best features to the Internet, it sounds too much like Internet dating. Might as well post up some old artistically enhanced, cleverly angled photos and say yes you really do look like that.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    Personality: I'm apparently very nice. Someone from my work place told me that one of the things he noticed first about me was how nice I am. I was quite surprised to be honest. This is also because some people thought of me as arrogant.
    I've also come to notice that you are very frank. HaHa!

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I should also add this to my most most defining character - absent-minded.... oh, I forgot, some friends would describe me as - hothead beneath that calm exterior, which is very true. I can do inconceiveable things when I get angry.... such as slamming a chair on the person who is the root of my anger.
    Firstly, don't encourage him. Secondly, WoW that's really mad! Seriously? Seriously? I guess it's always the people that you expect it the least from LoL.

Err, I mean photos that are 5 years old - since this thread is all about you people selling your supposedly best features to the Internet, it sounds too much like Internet dating. Might as well post up some old artistically enhanced, cleverly angled photos and say yes you really do look like that.
    Don't worry, I knew what you meant. I just wasn't as impressed as Ceddy was. We're not selling our best features to the internet, some of us are just awesome to the very core.
    I like me.

Firstly, don't encourage him. Secondly, WoW that's really mad! Seriously? Seriously? I guess it's always the people that you expect it the least from LoL.
    *refers to the line in bold* You could be right!

That also means, I'm usually in jovial mode and only lose my temper when I felt the threat or injustice (most often) towards the people I hold dear.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 06-21-10 at 05:40 AM.

Don't worry, I knew what you meant. I just wasn't as impressed as Ceddy was. We're not selling our best features to the internet, some of us are just awesome to the very core.
    y'know, i sooooo agree with you. honesty does not equate 'selling'. oh ya, did i add that to my list of personality traits? *checks* apparently not, oh dear me....I guess I was too humble to make such a huge list.
    o wilku mowa...♪