Thread: What was Yang Guo's final thoughts about Ouyang Feng?

Default What was Yang Guo's final thoughts about Ouyang Feng?

I was rewatching parts of ROCH 2006, parts when XLN related how OYF attacked the Ancient Tomb and fatally injured XLN's teacher. Later at Iron Spear Temple post-16 years with the Jin flunkies and Ke Zhen'er, YG hears about YK's plot with OYF to kill 5 of the Jiangnan Freaks and frame HYS. And of OYF's role in YK's death.

Throughout the Peach Blossom childhood and much of YG's pre-16 life, GJ and HR took care to withhold the truth about YK from YG, but they never held back on telling young YG about OYF's evil deeds.

Why did YG continue to love OYF so much? Jumping in joy and embracing OYF when he meets the old bastard again after he and XLN exit from Ancient Tomb 1st time round? Then later paying his respects at OYF's resting place at the end of ROCH...
    Last edited by yangjia; 06-28-10 at 09:38 PM.

Yang Guo saw Ouyang Feng as a "dad", a role very important to him. Also, Ouyang was one of the few during Yang's childhood who was nice to Yang.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Yang Guo saw Ouyang Feng as a "dad", a role very important to him. Also, Ouyang was one of the few during Yang's childhood who was nice to Yang.
    I think OYF's father-son relationship with YG has massive value as an ironic thread. Man I think YG's reunion with daddy OYF in ROCH2006 (around Ep 6 when he and XLN first left Ancient Tomb) was even more touching than his post-16-year reunion with XLN. Love the way a previously highly dangerous and murderous villain hugged YG saying "My precious son". So touching when he told XLN he's been searching the entire Chong Yang Palace for his son YG.

Always that palpable element of danger there bcos if OYF recovers his memory and recognises YG as YK's son, he would murder him.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 06-29-10 at 02:22 AM.

I think Ouyang Feng's paternal affection for Yang Guo was always more touching for me than anything Xiao Longnu had with him. Even back in LOCH, OYF, although a villain, did have some admirable qualities, and watching him go about insane in ROCH did make me feel a lot of pity for him. For him to have found someone who loved him, and someone he could love unconditionally was quite a happy thing for me.

In the end all OYF's misdeeds were in the past, and he had probably suffered enough. All YG needed to know was that the OYF he knew was a loving fuzzy old man who loved him, cared for him and thought about him when no one else would, and for YG that would mean far more to him than any wulin reputation or past misdeeds. I think it would for me too.

In the same way, in ROCH 3rd edition, Guo Xiang will also probably always remember Jinlun Guoshi fondly as her "shifu", despite all the evil he did prior to his sacrifice for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    In the end all OYF's misdeeds were in the past, and he had probably suffered enough. All YG needed to know was that the OYF he knew was a loving fuzzy old man who loved him, cared for him and thought about him when no one else would, and for YG that would mean far more to him than any wulin reputation or past misdeeds.
    I always wondered what GJ, HR, H7G, HYS etc thought of this father-son relationship between OYF and YG. They would probably think, "Huh? Err..."

ROCH 83 actually showed GJ being kinda touched when he saw YG pitifully calling "Dad! Dad" and OYF's face of sorrow when GJ forced OYF to leave Peach Blossom Island after a duel in the formation.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Hmm.... this is outside of the anti Yang Guo, XLN threads. I think you should refrain from using the word "fcuk" or whatever in your signature. It might escape the spelling test, but it still invoke a vulgar image in the readers, especially me. Thank you. ... message revision: My bad. I thought this was Ken Cheng's post. My comment is hereby withdrawn.
    Last edited by hoatran; 06-29-10 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Fix my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I think Ouyang Feng's paternal affection for Yang Guo was always more touching for me than anything Xiao Longnu had with him. For him to have found someone who loved him, and someone he could love unconditionally was quite a happy thing for me.
    Yes, the most touching relationship in the whole trilogy. I never felt as much for YG/XLN as I did for YG/OYF. It's almost as if YG (unknowingly) compensates OYF for YK's murder of OYK by being a son who loves him so much.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-02-10 at 07:21 PM.