Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Lanes Merge 《情越雙白線》

Default When Lanes Merge 《情越雙白線》

When Lanes Merge 《情越雙白線》

Cast: Kent Cheng, Raymond Wong Ho Yin, Kate Tsui, Sonija Kwok, Lee Heung Kam, Raymond Cho, Elaine Yiu, Chan Chin Pang.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvbtorrent.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/When-Lanes-Merge.jpg')

Synopsis :
    Rushing along the road every day with a vibrant mix of passengers of all kinds, what taxi drivers see and hear is far more varied than one can ever imagine. Retired taxi driver Ho Kau (Kent Cheng) returns to the job after his son Ho Ka-Po (Raymond Wong) is convicted of causing death by dangerous driving. The incident has exacerbated the already fractious relationship between the father and the son. Po works for Kau after his release from prison. Before long, he has another serious road accident, in which Kau is also involved and severely injured, both mentally and physically. Po feels so guilty towards his father and comes to understand the importance of careful driving. He maintains a high degree of vigilance while driving but still gets picked on constantly by female traffic police officer Ko Lai-Sam (Kate Tsui). As time goes by, the pair have gradually developed a strong attachment to each other and finally become lovers. But Po’s ex-girlfriend Cheung Hiu-Man (Sonija Kwok) and Sam’s grandmother Ko Li Shuk-Ching (Lee Heung Kam) turn out to be the biggest obstacle to their relationship, leaving the pair stranded in dismay along the tunnel of love

Link
    http://tvbtorrent.com/when-lanes-merge.html
    Last edited by triumph2004; 07-05-10 at 01:23 PM.

This is the first time in a long time that I fell in love with a series based on the theme song and the beginning montage. I think the first episode had very strong acting.

At least much more interesting than Mysteries of Love.

I hope they get high ratings.

FINALLY Raymond Wong gets the lead role in a series. I've always like him since his ATV days and he can really act as well! He's also such a cutie. This series looks quite promising... just wish they picked another lead actress other than Kate Tsui.

Quote Originally Posted by Lustique View Post
    FINALLY Raymond Wong gets the lead role in a series. I've always like him since his ATV days and he can really act as well! He's also such a cutie. This series looks quite promising... just wish they picked another lead actress other than Kate Tsui.
    I never been a fan of Kate Tsui. I think it has something to do with her acting and her super thin and long face.

Ha! Raymond Wong and Raymond Cho in the same series. Now where is Raymond Lam?

Ooo and Raymond Wong's fellow ATV actor, Benny Chan Chin Pang is in here too. Yay.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Ruco Chan is yet again assigned a baddie role.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Not another kate tsui. Jeez.

Talking

I thought Kate Tsui has such a long and thick face, not thin . That guy Raymond Wong is so cute, I love all of his shirts
    Is it me or Sonja is aging badly and has such an awful haircut in this series? She looks so old, I thought she was Raymond's sister, not gf. Her mom is so annoying. Kent Cheng is such a good actor, and he doesn't age either

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Ruco Chan is yet again assigned a baddie role.
    He does look better in modern roles. I like how his character looks in this series. The hair and the slight facial hair. Is he a lawyer or something? He looks good in a bad boy kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    I thought Kate Tsui has such a long and thick face, not thin . That guy Raymond Wong is so cute, I love all of his shirts
    Is it me or Sonja is aging badly and has such an awful haircut in this series? She looks so old, I thought she was Raymond's sister, not gf. Her mom is so annoying. Kent Cheng is such a good actor, and he doesn't age either
    Where has Sonjia been? I feel like I haven't seen her in a series for a long time. Kate Tsui's face is long, her eyes are small, razor sharp, and I don't know she just doesn't have that likable charm about her.

Sonjia is Kent Cheng's foster father, but not biological father. And it seems Ray and her dated for sometime before they call it quits from what I gather in the first episode.

Ray really ages well. Why does he always play that delinquent bad boy role? Except for the Salt series, he's a good boy. But most of the works i've seen with him, he's been a bad guy.

Eric Li, his friend in the series, seem to always play a villain-ish role or a misfit.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Elaine Yiu looks prettier now. Well, I think the loose curls and long hair helps. She doesn't seem as annoying as she first starred in tv serials.

Sonjia's mom is so annoying in here. Her kids and her practically lives off Sonjia's earnings. And the mom is always badmouthing and gossiping all day or off playing mahjong. I don't know why Sonjia's dad married that lady to be her stepmom. She's such a lousy person. So annoying. She would literally chase off any suitor her daughters have. She's so reluctant to be a good charitable person. Selfish!

Raymond Cho is so funny in the way he's so jealous of any man near his wife.

Ray Wong and Kent Cheng is so good as father and son. I always thought Wong has pretty double lids eyes. Hehe...

Ruco Chan looks hot with a goatee. But he's playing such a jerk! I bet he's the guy that caused Daisy to become crippled and he's the one who's been racing illegally.

What about Fred Cheng's role? Is his role big? Is he a good person or bad person?

What about Fred Cheng's role? Is his role big? Is he a good person or bad person?
    Fred Cheng is such a sweetie pie. I mean, he looks so sweet. I want him as a little brother.

He plays Sonjia's brother, though probably half-brother or stepbrother. His mom did marry Sonjia's dad sometime after her biological mom died (I presume). He just return from studying college abroad as something in pharmeutical and wants to get together with his friends to do a joint business, so he tries to get his mom to get Sonjia to loan the money for him to do that. He seems okay for now.

i really enjoyed the chemistry between kent cheng and raymond wong. there was one scene i cried along. i hope raymond gets recognized 'cos i tink he acts really well. and yeah, i like raymond cho too. he is cute in his own silly way....i mean the character that he portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by littlestream View Post
    i really enjoyed the chemistry between kent cheng and raymond wong. there was one scene i cried along. i hope raymond gets recognized 'cos i tink he acts really well. and yeah, i like raymond cho too. he is cute in his own silly way....i mean the character that he portrayed.
    I thought I read somewhere that Kent Cheng was suppose to be physically and mentally injured, and I was under the impression that he wasn't mentally sound after the accident? Guess I was wrong.

I always noticed Raymond Wong as a capable actor.

I hope Raymond Cho and his wife won't split apart, Elaine is trusting her boss, Ruco Chan more these days.

What about Fred Cheng? Is he a good person or bad person?
    I forgot to mention this in my previous post about him.

Is he a good or bad person? Well I wouldn't say he's an evil bad person. But I'd say he's a lot like his mother and sister in the way they treat Sonjia's character--kind of Cinderella-ish? All three of them are spoiled brats and never really hold their weight in taking care of the family business and the responsibilities in the family. They rather help themselves than spend any money on any person outside of their family.

His role isn't really big, he has about the same screen time as his little sister and mom as side characters, who are Sonjia's family (and she's a central character).
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 08-23-10 at 04:07 AM.

(CONTAINS SPOILER)

Raymond Cho's character is sooo pathetic and annoying! His jealous tendencies and constant suspicions is what's driving his marriage down the drain. Why can't he be more understanding and supportive of his wife? She's been very supportive and understanding of him, despite his Taxi job.

If I were Elaine I would have dumped his sorry butt a long time ago. I hope she pulls through with the divorce because there really is no point in being married to someone who whines about his incompetence all day and has zero trust in you.

That aside, I can't see any chemistry between Raymond and Kate, probably because his acting capabilities are so far above her's. On the other hand I think Sonija's acting has improved heaps causing my prior hatred towards her to reduce to neutrality. Same with Elaine.

Raymond Wong and Ruco Chan are definitely two of the more talented male TVB actors. Hot, too. I'm glad they're finally being recognized and utilized. It seems like TVB really favors this duo, as this is their 2nd series together (they were brothers in "Mysteries of Love") and they will be filming a 3rd Lawyer series in the upcoming year where they play good friends who fall for the same girl (Tavia). Looking forward to seeing more of them!

This is the first TVB show I've seen in years. I don't usually watch these days, but somehow stumbled across this one. This one really hit me good too since I can relate Raymond Wong's character. As a person who did make a mistake in life, but have the courage to step into the right path. It was quite touching.

Kent Cheng's role was great. His one liners were great and his relationship with Raymond Wong was great on screen. Kate Tsui's performance was the standard. Not much acting skill displayed, but for some reason I liked her character.

Ruco Chan was bad mofo. I liked it haha. He sorta looked funny with the goatee, but I thought he played the A hole role to a T.

So I guess the girls like bad boys like him?
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Watching episode 1.

The educational element is too blatantly obvious and it makes the series a bit unrealistic. Characters give road safety advice one after another. TVB series lately always tend to do this. Forensic Heroes 2 and E.U are also like this. It's like a promotional program for the police.

But, other than that, the series is quite ok.

The set up is very usual. There's the usual neighborhood restaurant/eatery. It's kinda similar to 'A Journey Called Life' where important characters also operate a neighborhood eatery.

The 4 major characters are all involved in cars and road safety one way or another. Sonija is a mechanic, Raymond is van driver, Kent is taxi owner, Kate is traffic police.

Haha, Raymond W's angry driver is so typical. I believe many drivers have done what he did one time or another (scolding the slow driver in front, crossing double lines, speeding).

Watch the part where Raymond W got into an accident. I can feel for him earlier on. I'll be very angry too if a car block my path and have me waited for hours. But, he really shouldn't have drink beer. I can buy other drinks to drink and also shouldn't have race with the driver.

I'l keep watching.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-19-10 at 04:53 AM.

@Kidd: I think it'll get better and go beyond that promotional stuff soon. I haven't completed watching this series either, but I plan to. I just have so many interests and so I'll get back to this series. I'd recommend you continue watching it.

I don't know why TVB has gotten into this molded pattern of making tv serials that are so focused on a certain occupational theme. What's next, a series on buses, trains, tourism.

They should put more effort in making a true wuxia adaptation series. It's becoming rare these days.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-19-10 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    @Kidd: I think it'll get better and go beyond that promotional stuff soon. I haven't completed watching this series either, but I plan to. I just have so many interests and so I'll get back to this series. I'd recommend you continue watching it.
    Yeah. Still continue watching. I'm up to episode 3 now. I love watching the relationship between Kent and Raymond W. They keep scolding one another but at the bottom of the heart, love each other very much. It's very touching how much the father willing to do for the son.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I don't know why TVB has gotten into this molded pattern of making tv serials that are so focused on a certain occupational theme. What's next, a series on buses, trains, tourism.

They should put more effort in making a true wuxia adaptation series. It's becoming rare these days.
    Yeah, TVB seem to be doing this for quite a while now. Good that the road safety advice has lessen and they start focusing on building the storyline.

TVB seems to have given up on adapting wuxia series. They don't have wuxia series in their line up anymore. So bad. Can't they one make wuxia series in place of one of their 1972434 palace scheming and family dramas?

I thought this was a good series - great premise even though parts of the script came off as public service announcements. I think I saw in an interview that they are required to add mentions into the story whenever possible. (i.e. Liza Wang mentioned once she had to use a foot massager in one of her lawyer office scenes from the sponsor and she thought it made absolutely no sense at all as she is suppose to be strictly professional but they had to do it anyways).