Thread: Inception - Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page

Thumbs up Inception - Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page

I saw this yesterday and really enjoyed it. Has Christopher Nolan ever made a bad movie? Well his record remains intact in my book. Awesome mind-bending visuals (Matrix, anyone?), interesting storyline, and decent acting. Ellen Page looked a little young for her character, but she pulled it off with her acting chops. I'm still not sure how to interpret the ending yet, so I'll probably need to watch it again.

http://inceptionmovie.warnerbros.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I saw this yesterday and really enjoyed it. Has Christopher Nolan ever made a bad movie? Well his record remains intact in my book. Awesome mind-bending visuals (Matrix, anyone?), interesting storyline, and decent acting. Ellen Page looked a little young for her character, but she pulled it off with her acting chops. I'm still not sure how to interpret the ending yet, so I'll probably need to watch it again.

I agree! And, he really is careful when it comes to making the different layers of mind incept in this movie. I don't know about how he did with Matrix but my confidence of Nolan's work came from Bale's Batman series.

I thought Murphy would be playing one of the guys in Leo's team, which I had looked forward to or a more crucial character than that. Alas, no! As for Page, she has the potential to be a better actress, IMO.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Heard the ending was pretty disappointing.

The movie grows on me the more I think about it. At first I thought it was lackluster, but that was only because I missed out some details throughout the film.

DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU'VE WATCHED :P

click to show/hide spoilers
    Regarding the ending, what are your opinions regarding whether Leo is still in a dream state or reality, and why?
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

Quote Originally Posted by MrIllusion View Post
    DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU'VE WATCHED :P

Regarding the ending, what are your opinions regarding whether Leo is still in a dream state or reality, and why?
    I just watched it again today, and I can't for the life of me remember if the totem stops spinning or not at the very end. Anyone else, any opinion?

Edit: Found this article:
    http://www.cinematical.com/2010/07/1...ve-plot-holes/
    Last edited by leorio; 07-24-10 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post

the ending was
    he made it back out alive and lived in the real world
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Chistopher Nolan is my favourite director. He seemed to be able to push things beyond the usual standards, has different ways of looking at things and could always provoke the mind to think. I only watched Batman and The Prestige, but what he did for Momento was quite impressive from what I heard. He has a genius for experimenting with film, how to make use of visuals to bring out the story-telling and making the whole movie work in a dimensional way. His brother works with him in directing, right? Brothers always work well in directing and producing.
    Last edited by Nefertari; 01-16-11 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Correct typo