Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you think of one *good* thing in life that's guaranteed?

Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000 View Post
    No no, I wasn't talking about drink. It's our mother. Whatever we do, whatever life tuns out our mothers would always be there and care for us. Motherly love is unconditional. .
    This is true in vast majority of the cases and personally is true in my case. However, this is not always the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    quite a number of people mentioned death, though death means nothing, if there is eternal life after death.
    This is a very very big IF with the probability of 99.9999999999999999999999999% of not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    well, that's why i asked. if its an 'absolute' term. i would have already said so. therefore i asked, could it be that, most people here see 'death' as a 'good' thing?

i dont see it as a 'good' thing in itself, unless one believes in life after death. but then, if life after death isn't 'guaranteed', then I no longer attached death as good. hence, to appropriately answer the topic question, my answer would be Jesus Christ.

Although my experiences in the real life with most human-beings, 'death' is not an event that stir positive emotions, and hence rarely associated with 'good'.
    Death is not a good thing but is guaranteed to happen. Don't bring god and religion into this as they are not realistic.

Lucre: Maybe some people were trying to make a point that nothing except death is guaranteed in life - which might be their way of saying "No" in response to Ken's question.
    With death you also get a lifetime, though - so in that sense and from that perspective, death doesn't seem so bad.

I'll refrain from commenting on that Jesus remark.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    This is true in vast majority of the cases and personally is true in my case. However, this is not always the case.

This is a very very big IF with the probability of 99.9999999999999999999999999% of not true.

Death is not a good thing but is guaranteed to happen. Don't bring god and religion into this as they are not realistic.
    Hi Trien Chieu, first of all, God and Jesus Christ is not a very big IF, it's absolute, it's a fact. It's just that you don't believe in it, and because you (and many people) don't believe in it, and probably finds it offensive, doesn't make it untrue.

Yeah, I'd always bound to anger alot of non-christians, especially the atheists when they speak to me; although it wasn't my intention to cause them to indulge in the 'sin of anger', it invariably happens.

God and Jesus are realistic too. I speak to them often, and they speak to me too. It's difficult to convince people when one has never encounter God personally; but especially when I have encountered Him many times, I would be a bigger hypocrite to say things like he does not exist, denying Him. It's like telling a color blind person the beauty of the rainbow. The color-blinded person would need to have faith in me when I described the beautiful colors of the rainbow, and take my word for it since he cannot see it himself. It's always the same about speaking of God. The element of doubt is strong in people who has yet the opportunity to feel His presence.

Greater is the beauty that one could believe without seeing though. As usual, non-believers might chose to believe that I'm either gullible & dumb or an absolute schizo. whatever....if being a retard here could allow me to experience the imposssible joy and peace of being in the presence of the Lord, I'm most willing.

I didn't bring the topic of God as if it is OFF-TOPIC...because when one post such a question, it is essentially 'luring' pro-christians to make their point. In fact, if the person is not the least troubled with having 'no-good' thing in life, then the person wouldn't even drop such a question. The subconscious is longing for something after all....even if many factors, ie. pride, would not allow themselves to admit.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Death is a good thing, though we may not appreciate it. For what is life if it has no end. That we can appreciate that our time is limited that we get to enjoy it, appreciate the good times when they are there, and find solace that the bad will come to pass.

Death can be a good thing - e.g. one is suffering from a "painful" disease, one bringing some "suffering" and "inconvenience" to family members. I do not want to die. But since death is guaranteed, I take it positively. When it is time to go, go happily.

Unconditional motherly love is debatable. Nevertheless, since we have only one mother, let's be kind to her. If mother did anything wrong, forgive her if you do not want to forget it.

Eternal life? It will be nice, e.g. it allows one to start again. But I think it will add "fire" to this topic because religion will come in and it will again be a very sensitive if not emotional topic. So I shall "full-stop".