Page 157 of 158 FirstFirst ... 57107147148149150151152153154155156157158 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 3145

Thread: The Deer and The Cauldron

Well, it seems that officially the whole translation is completed.
    Actually I'm someone who love the whole thing in it's original form.... errors / mistakes together as part and parcel of a translation.

To have a perfect translated without grammar errors is tough as it's translation if to perfect english will loose some of the beauty of Chinese language....( IMHO )

Anyway I wish I could help but I really do not know how and where I can do it... I'm lazy and indisciplined and will loose interest after a short span of time and will only come back when the interest reignite....anyway my command of English is also at doubt.

Well I suppose they are all lousy excuses. If some one were to give me some tips as what needs to be done, I might try out....heh heh heh.

Again Thanks to all, especially Foxs, and all the regulars, I really enjoyed the forum.
    cheerio..

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Unabridged is starting. I can't promise it will be quick, but I'll try to post at least one chapter per day. (I don't know what happened, suddenly I cannot 'paste from MS-Word' like before. I swear I did not mess any settings, either the setting of this forum or my computer setting. It happened only this morning.)
    Some older Skype software & some utilities such as Advanced Systems Care will interfere w/ copy & paste operations. Uninstalling them may bring back functionality. It is wise to have a "ghost/acronis" image of a good configuration at hand on a usb thumb drive... Badly written software can corrupt system files or the registry causing loss of functionality. It often takes me less than a few minutes to restore a badly mangled / virus / spyware infected system from my known good system restore points.

It's finished... and i'm late for the party too....Its sad that XB can't stay at Kangxi side but at least he remembered his mother and brought her with him.

Thanks Foxs, I can't thank you enough for all the translations and it has been a great experience going through the translations with you. I hope you have a good rest and hopefully there would be more translations from you???

I don't post much, more of a lurker, but thanks for a great translation fox. It has been a great ride.

Congratulations FoxS, you have put in a monumental effort to bring this to everyone.

I don't think I can express how grateful I am, that you sacrificed your time to make it available.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Jack, thanks for your effort in converting it into 'mobile version'. I included the link you sent me to the index of the unabridged thread. Wes, no promise ... I want to do other things first, and do not wish to 'invade' other people's work. Crazee, thanks for keeping me company in this long journey.

Szfong, I can't say that I understand the complexity of web programming, but I found that using my computer at work is different than my home computer, while I never mess with the setting of spcnet. I have a question: how do you make the image appear on the post? I have seen people did just that. But when I 'insert image', it appears as 'hyperlink' that you need to click to view (if you haven't done so, please see the unabridged thread).

OwlHoot, I will be back with more translations ... someday ... Soifuron, indeed, it was a great ride. Readers like all of you are my reward and my motivation to continue.

Grundle, hopefully you can find time in your busy schedule to continue your work.

Announcement:
    The Undabridged Thread is complete. I also included some other links you might want to check. I still need to find a home for the pdf version.

Last but not least, Ali, if you are still around, last time you asked me about the ending, and I replied with this:

Chen Jinnan would die, betrayed by his wife. He left his martial art manual, which Wei Xiaobao found. WXB became the leader of Tian Di Hui, continuing their fight against the Manchus. In the end he married a Manchu princess, while Xiao Junzhu sailed away, broken hearted.

Well, one, Chen Jinnan did die, and his daughter died too, betrayed by his in-laws (Zheng Keshuang and his mother; remember that his daughter married ZKS's stepbrother). Two, he did leave his martial art manual to WXB, but he never learned it. WXB was officially asked to be the leader of Tian Di Hui (heck, he was even asked to be the emperor) in their continuing effort to fight the Manchus. Three, he did marry a Manchu princess (although her mother was a fake). Four, Xiao Junzhu did sail away, but not broken hearted. So you see, it was not totally off, was it?

Congratulations on finishing this translation foxs!!! Another tremendous job on your part. Sorry I wasn't able to tag along for the entire ride on this one and many thanks for emailing me the file. I haven't gotten the time to finish reading this story yet but hopefully I will soon. Once again, thank you for sharing this great novel with us. Looking forward to your next project.

Thank you for finishing the translation.

sorry for the late check in...
    just finish reading it...

and thank you fox for the translation... you really awesome...

by the way... i was wondering...
    what happen to WXB gugu after they escape from the palace...
    i don't read any information about it after they reach WXB residence
    any idea...

regarding adaptation
    i only watch 2... tony leung and dicky cheung...
    i think tony leung follow the novel all the way... but for dicky... i think there is some alteration

Thanks for dropping a note. I don't think it was ever mentioned in the novel, as was Jiu Nan (Nun in White). Perhaps they belonged to the 'and they lived happily ever after' category?

Quote Originally Posted by mastemind05 View Post
    sorry for the late check in...
    just finish reading it...

and thank you fox for the translation... you really awesome...

by the way... i was wondering...
    what happen to WXB gugu after they escape from the palace...
    i don't read any information about it after they reach WXB residence
    any idea...

regarding adaptation
    i only watch 2... tony leung and dicky cheung...
    i think tony leung follow the novel all the way... but for dicky... i think there is some alteration
    Andy Lau/Tony Leung: took liberty with the novel. Ending was totally different.
    Dicky version - took a LOT of liberty with the novel...

The closest: version 2008 (Huang Xiaoming)

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Thanks for dropping a note. I don't think it was ever mentioned in the novel, as was Jiu Nan (Nun in White). Perhaps they belonged to the 'and they lived happily ever after' category?
    perhaps...
    when the nun leave... i remember dicky ver use this as the ending...
    although... i realise... the princess then die at the end... after delivery....

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    Andy Lau/Tony Leung: took liberty with the novel. Ending was totally different.
    Dicky version - took a LOT of liberty with the novel...

The closest: version 2008 (Huang Xiaoming)
    lol....
    but the one i like perhaps is tony version...
    their combination is the best...
    while the dicky... due to him being my favorite actor... lol

taiwan ver... havent try yet

synopsis please, I started reading and am expecting a lot from this cuz of the number of views XD but those poems in the beginning are blaaah, well generaly I don't like poems/poetry whatever

Quote Originally Posted by (yoYo) View Post
    synopsis please, I started reading and am expecting a lot from this cuz of the number of views XD but those poems in the beginning are blaaah, well generaly I don't like poems/poetry whatever
    This one is my favorite JY novel cause it's story is very interesting and so different from his other novels.
    The first chapter is rather boring cause it's like a prologue ... as for synopsis it's a story about a boy who grew up in a brothel who become the emperor closest friend ... well, it's more than just being the emperor closest friend but I'm not very good at writing synopsis

One thing you must know ... as I said before, this one is very different from Jin Yong other novels. The MC don't really know martial art although he got one of the best martial art master as his teacher. Mostly he survived by using his brain and mouth. But that doesn't mean he don't fight at all, he fight when he had to. Not because he's a pacifist, but mostly because he's a coward. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Chiktikka View Post
    This one is my favorite JY novel cause it's story is very interesting and so different from his other novels.
    The first chapter is rather boring cause it's like a prologue ... as for synopsis it's a story about a boy who grew up in a brothel who become the emperor closest friend ... well, it's more than just being the emperor closest friend but I'm not very good at writing synopsis

One thing you must know ... as I said before, this one is very different from Jin Yong other novels. The MC don't really know martial art although he got one of the best martial art master as his teacher. Mostly he survived by using his brain and mouth. But that doesn't mean he don't fight at all, he fight when he had to. Not because he's a pacifist, but mostly because he's a coward. LOL
    thanks I thought I was being shunned when no one answered XD

hello my fellow novel fans.
    i am in need of new novel and this seems to have received a lot of attention from many people, i am assuming this good one.
    could a kind soul tell me what genre is this? and compared to Coiling Dragon/Stellar Transformation or LMS where does this novel stand? just some basic info about the story.
    also, how big is this novel? completed?
    thanks in advance..

Quote Originally Posted by matricha View Post
    hello my fellow novel fans.
    i am in need of new novel and this seems to have received a lot of attention from many people, i am assuming this good one.
    could a kind soul tell me what genre is this? and compared to Coiling Dragon/Stellar Transformation or LMS where does this novel stand? just some basic info about the story.
    also, how big is this novel? completed?
    thanks in advance..
    First this novel is not xianxia like CD, ST or LMS ... it's a wuxia story, means in this story there is no people who wants to become god or things like that. it's a kungfu story, if you ever watched crouching tiger hidden dragon then you get the picture.

And this novel is completely translated ... thx to fox
    This one is also a long novel ... with fox releasing his translation every other day, this one finished in about 3 years

I think the reason he seldom fight is because he is lazy, and don't want to spent time to learn martial arts properly.

This is one of my favorite jy story.

First this novel is not xianxia like CD, ST or LMS ... it's a wuxia story, means in this story there is no people who wants to become god or things like that. it's a kungfu story, if you ever watched crouching tiger hidden dragon then you get the picture.

And this novel is completely translated ... thx to fox
    This one is also a long novel ... with fox releasing his translation every other day, this one finished in about 3 years
    is there at least some supernatural powers?

‘Da Pi Lu Zhe Na Fo Shen Bian Jia Chi Jing’ = 大毘盧遮那成佛神變加持經 ‘Da Pi Lu Zhe Na Cheng Fo Shen Bian Jia Chi Jing’
    This is the Chinese Translation of the Mahavairocana tantra(or Sutra in Japan), a Sanskrit Tantra Text whose original, which was in Sanskrit, is lost and only chinese and tibetan translations are available. It was composed in the 7th Cen. in Nalanda, India.