Page 52 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3145

Thread: The Deer and The Cauldron

Default Chapter 20 - Part 6

Ali, Sky, owlHoot, Crazee, thanks for dropping by. I had some extra time this past weekend, here's a slightly longer update.

--------------------------------------------------
    Although the White Dragon Envoy was a senior position within the Divine Dragon Cult, in Wei Xiaobao’s heart it did not mean anything. Since he was stuck on the Island, he was forced to take whatever comes his way. He had extreme satisfaction in looking at Madame Hong’s ‘bashful flower obstructing the moon’ beauty, but if he looked at her too much, Jiaozhu would detect his lecherous look, then it would be difficult for him to escape death. In short, it would be best if he could return to Beijing as soon as possible. Hearing Jiaozhu’s words, he found the perfect opportunity to free himself; thereupon he said, “Jiaozhu, Madame, I am indebted of your promotion; subordinate is very grateful. I do not have any ability, but relying on the good fortune of the two of you, I have the hope that I can succeed in sneaking into the Palace and steal the four copies of the treasured sutra.”

Hong Jiaozhu nodded. Madame Hong happily said, “You are willing to volunteer, showing that you are loyal to Jiaozhu. I know you are smart and witty, plus have great good fortune. Perhaps you are precisely the person sent by the Heaven to complete this important matter for Jiaozhu.”

Hong Jiaozhu slowly said, “According to the Black Dragon Envoy’s report, the people he sent to the Palace have sent information that the young Emperor has a little eunuch under his command by the name of Xiao Guizi …”

Wei Xiaobao was shocked. “My trickery is exposed! I am in big trouble,” he mused. He heard the Cult Leader continued, “… the young Emperor sent him to Mount Wutai, the intention is not favorable to our Cult. We sent several people in succession to question him. Zhang Laosan could not find him, Fat Toutuo also failed, unexpectedly Xiao Guizi cannot be found, but we found you instead.”

As the Cult Leader took a short pause, Yin Jin said, “Indeed that is Jiaozhu’s flood of good fortune fills the heavens!”

Hong Jiaozhu slightly nodded his head toward him and continued, “White Dragon Envoy, as soon as you get to the Palace, you must immediately investigate this Xiao Guizi’s matter: what scheme did the Emperor have of sending him to Mount Wutai?”

Wei Xiaobao was so scared that his entire body was drenched in cold sweat. “Yes, yes,” he busily said. But he was relieved that from the Cult Leader’s tone, he would definitely be sent to the Imperial Palace. Cast a glance toward Fat Toutuo, he mused, “You did not reveal my secret, I consider you a good person.”

Madame Hong said, “It is said that those eight copies of 'Forty-two-chapter Sutra' hide a big secret to build up strength and maintain, as well as, prolong life. Seeing that since our Jiaozhu has received the Heaven’s blessing to enjoy immortal good fortune forever and life as long as the heaven’s, sooner or later these eight sutras will fall into Jiaozhu’s hands. White Dragon Envoy, go and set up a great merit for Jiaozhu, bring those eight sutras back, Jiaozhu will definitely bestow you with rewards.”

Wei Xiaobao stood up, he bowed and said, “Even if subordinate’s body is torn and my bones crushed, it is still difficult to repay Jiaozhu and Madame’s great kindness. I will be utterly loyal serving the country and die in battle.” He learned these eight characters ‘utterly loyal serving the country and die in battle’ [jin zhong bao guo, ma ge guo shi] from the storyteller; whenever a general was going into battle, the sovereign king would encourage him, and then the great general would fervently utter these eight characters. He blindly imitated the words, although being used here it was a bit too much and a little nondescript.

Madame Hong laughed and said, “You vow loyalty and devotion to Jiaozhu, that’s very good. You go to Beijing, you may choose several people to help you as you wish.”

Wei Xiaobao thought, “Since I am running away, if the Cult people follow, they will only tie my hands and tie my feet.” Thereupon he said, “I am afraid with too many people our secret will be revealed. Ah, right, subordinate wants to select one or two young girls under the Scarlet Dragon Envoy, they can be disguised as palace maid; handling affairs in the Palace will be more convenient.” He was thinking about Mu Jianping, he must take her away.

Priest Wugen said, “I am afraid those little misses are useless, but as long as Jiaozhu and Madame approve, you may choose as you wish.”

“Thank you Daozhang,” Wei Xiaobao said.

Lu Gaoxuan said, “Reporting to Jiaozhu, Madame: subordinate has committed grave offense yesterday, I am very grateful of Jiaozhu’s graciousness in not killing me …”

Hong Jiaozhu waved his hand and said with knitted brows, “The matter of yesterday, everybody must not remember in his heart, from now on nobody is allowed to raise it again.”

“Yes,” Lu Gaoxuan said, “Thank you very much Jiaozhu. Subordinate is thinking of accompanying the White Dragon Envoy. With Jiaozhu and Madame’s great fortune, perhaps I will be able to set up some merit for Jiaozhu, to show a little of subordinate’s sincere appreciation.”

Hong Jiaozhu nodded his head and said, “Lu Gaoxuan is extremely resourceful, his martial art skill is superior, his penmanship is even more proficient, the literary works he made was well organized. Very good, very good, you may go with the White Dragon Envoy.”

Lu Gaoxuan considered carefully, “He said the literary works I made was well organized, could it be that about my fabrication of the writings on the stone tablet, in his heart he has already known it well?”

The Fat Toutuo said, “Reporting to Jiaozhu, Madame: subordinate also wishes to accompany the White Dragon Envoy to Beijing to handle this matter for Jiaozhu.”

The Cult Leader nodded; seeing that the Yellow Dragon Envoy was about to volunteer too, he said, “Too many people already, I am afraid the mission will be compromised. Only the two of you will accompany. In everything, you must follow the White Dragon Envoy’s order, you must not disobey.”

Lu Gaoxuan and Fat Toutuo bowed and said, “Subordinate will do as you bid.”

From her bosom Madame Hong took out a small multi-colored dragon, it was molded from ‘blue copper’ [i.e. bronze], yellow gold, scarlet copper, white silver, and black iron. “White Dragon Envoy,” she said, “This is Jiaozhu’s Five-Dragon Command, I am handing it over to you for the time being. When the several tens of thousands Cult members see this Command, it is the same as they see Jiaozhu in person. In handling this important matter, the life-and-death power is being handed over to you. After rendering the meritorious service, you must return the Command.”

“Yes,” Wei Xiaobao said, with both hands he respectfully received it, while in his heart he mused, “I just want to return to Beijing, and forget about his Divine Dragon Cult or Vicious Tiger Cult. By taking this so-called Five-Dragon Command, from now on I will have more trouble.”

Madame Hong said, “White Dragon Envoy, Lu Gaoxuan and Fat Toutuo, three people stay, the rest of you are dismissed.”

Priest Wugen and the Black Dragon Envoy, Yellow Dragon Envoy, three people saluted and withdrew.

Hong Jiaozhu took out a black porcelain bottle from his pocket and poured three vermillion red pills out. He said, “I commend you that using extreme force of will, the three of you will go to Beijing on a mission, hence I bestow each one of you with a ‘leopard embryo tendon altering pill’.”

Immediately on Fat Toutuo and Lu Gaoxuan’s faces appeared a delight mixed with dread. Bending their right knees, they expressed their gratitude, received the pills, and swallowed it. Wei Xiaobao blindly imitated them, he received the ‘leopard embryo tendon altering pill’ and immediately swallowed it. Shortly afterward, he felt a burst of warm chi rising up in his stomach, following the blood flow, dispersing slowly into his four limbs and hundred bones of his body; it was unspeakably comfortable.

Madame Hong said, “White Dragon Envoy may stay, the rest of you are dismissed.” Fat Toutuo and Lu Gaoxuan, two people withdrew.

Madame Hong smiled and said, “White Dragon Envoy, what kind of weapon do you use?”

Wei Xiaobao said, “Subordinate’s martial art skill is shallow and minuscule, and have not studied any weapon. I only have a dagger to protect myself.”

“Let me look at it,” Madame Hong said.

Wei Xiaobao pulled the dagger from his boot, turned the hilt around and presented it with both hands. Madame Hong took it. After examining it, she praised, “Good dagger!” Pulling a strand of her hair, she let it go. The hair slowly dropped on the edge of the blade, and was cut into two. “Good!” the Cult Leader also praised.

In term of personal character, Wei Xiaobao did not have any strong points, but he had always regarded wealth and worldly possessions extremely lightly; seeing Madame Hong was very delighted with the dagger, he thought that if he wanted to flatter her, he would have to go all out. He said, “Subordinate presents this dagger to Madame. The common saying says it well: rouge, treasured sword must … must be presented to beautiful woman. Among the beautiful women in the world, no one is more beautiful than Madame.” He had heard the storyteller said it many times, ‘the treasured sword must be presented to the martyr, the red powder must be presented to beautiful woman.’ But these two phrases were simply too difficult, he could not remember everything clearly.

Madame Hong giggled tenderly and said, “Good child, you are loyal to us; you are not simply making empty promises. I don’t have anything good to give you, how can I take a child’s belonging? Let me accept your good intention with gratitude. Come, I am going to teach you three self-defense and life-saving styles, it is called the ‘Beauties' Three Moves’. I want you to learn it by heart.”

She stepped down from her seat, took out a handkerchief, and tied the dagger to the outside of her right calf. “Jiaozhu,” she said with a laugh, “I will have to toil your honorable self to help me demonstrate this martial art style.”

With a chuckle Hong Jiaozhu strolled over. Suddenly he reached out with his left hand and grabbed the back of Madame’s neck, and lifted her up in the air. “Ah!” it happened so fast, Wei Xiaobao was so shocked that he cried out.

Madame Hong bent her body slightly, she twisted her slender waist, and kicked backward with her left leg toward the Cult Leader’s lower abdomen. The Cult Leader pulled back to evade. Madame Hong seized the opportunity to turn around and wrapped her left arm around Jiaozhu’s neck. Unexpectedly her right hand grabbed the dagger and stabbed it against the middle of Jiaozhu’s back. “This is the first move,” she said with a laugh, “It’s called ‘the imperial concubine’s retrospect’. Remember this.”

The move was very neat and agile, Wei Xiaobao watched with ‘heart untroubled, spirit pleased’. “Wonderful!” he cheered loudly, while thinking, “When Fat Toutuo grabbed me and lifted me up the other day, I did not have the least bit of technique. If I had learned this move early on, I would have stabbed him to death.”

The Cult Leader gently laid Madame Hong on the ground. Madame Hong tied the dagger back on the outside of her calf and lay facing down on the floor. Jiaozhu stretched out his right foot to step on her lower back. Pretending he was holding a knife in his hand, he placed his hand behind her neck and said with a laugh, “Do you surrender?”

Wei Xiaobao thought, “In this situation, what can I do? Naturally I would call out loudly ‘Surrender’.”

Suddenly he saw Madame pulled her head toward her own chest, naturally the enemy’s knife threatening her neck fell into empty air. Seizing this opportunity, she rolled on the ground and drilled through under Jiaozhu’s crotch. Grabbing the dagger with her right hand, once again she punched the middle of Jiaozhu’s back, only the sharp point of the dagger was facing up. If it were real enemy, this dagger would naturally pierce the enemy’s back.

Wei Xiaobao loudly cheered again, “Good!”

Jiaozhu waited for her to tie the dagger again before pulling both of her hands behind her back. With his left hand he held both of her wrists; pretending to hold a weapon in his right hand, he placed the weapon on her soft, white neck, while saying with a laugh, “This time you can’t run away.”

Madame also laughed and said, “Watch carefully!” Her right foot kicked forward lightly, a white light flashed, the dagger had already cut off the handkerchief tying it to her calf and flew away. She hooked with her right foot and nudged the hilt of the dagger. The dagger shot swiftly back toward her throat.

“Careful!” Wei Xiaobao cried out in fear. He saw she shrank her body down, the dagger shot swiftly toward the Cult Leader’s chest. The Cult Leader let her hands go and threw his body back with face up in the ‘iron panel bridge’ stance. ‘Pop!’ the dagger flitted across his chest and penetrated the bamboo wall behind him, straight up to the hilt.

When Madame Hong hooked with her foot and kicked the dagger, Wei Xiaobao had already jumped in fright. When he saw the dagger was flying toward her throat, she appeared not to be able to evade, but then the dagger flew toward the pit of Jiaozhu’s stomach; this time he was sure the dagger would hit him, but unexpectedly Jiaozhu was able to dodge. These turns of events were extremely dangerous that just by watching from the side, Wei Xiaobao was stunned with ‘heart alarmed, trembling in fear’, and the word ‘Good’ that was already in his throat could not get out.

Madame Hong laughed. “What do you think?” she asked.

Wei Xiaobao reached out to grab the back of a chair as if he was about to fall. “It scared me to death,” he said.

Hong Jiaozhu, Hong Antong, and Madame saw his paled countenance, indicating he was terribly frightened. Hearing his words, they were more delighted than listening to one thousand, ten thousand words of praise. These two people had superior martial art skill, just another word of praise from a little child was not enough to make them happier, but seeing he was so concerned, they knew he was truly loyal to them. Madame Hong asked a rhetorical question, “The dagger was not shot toward you, what are you scared of?”

“I was afraid … I was afraid it would hurt Madame and … and Jiaozhu,” Wei Xiaobao replied.

Madame Hong laughed. “Silly kid,” she said, “How could it easily hurt Jiaozhu? This move is called ‘the flying swallow circle around overhead’. It is not very easy to practice. Jiaozhu’s divine skill is unrivalled, even if he did not know it beforehand, this move won’t hurt him. But in the world, other than him, I am afraid the number of people who are able to dodge this surprise strike is not too many.”

Immediately she explained in details the technique to practice the ‘Beauties' Three Moves’. Although the style only had three moves, all four limbs of the body were heavily involved; she taught him how to pull the dagger, how to pull down the head, the speed, the position, the force, as well as the accuracy of the movements, must be just perfect.

The second move, where she lay on the ground, was called the ‘Xiao Lian [lit. little pity] lies in disarray’. Madame Hong explained, “This ‘Beauties' Three Moves’ uses the names of the beauties of the ancient times. If it was practiced by a man, unavoidably it would be rather indecent; luckily you are only a child, so it’s not a big deal.”

Wei Xiaobao learned every move and every style, while Madame Hong patiently and carefully correcting his mistakes. After teaching him for more than two hours she finally considered it enough. But she insisted that Wei Xiaobao must be able to use it perfectly, he must train hard for a long time, especially the third move ‘the flying swallow circle around overhead’; a slight mistake, he would have killed himself. Madame Hong instructed him to make a blunt dagger made of lead, the size and the weight must be the same as his dagger, to be used during practice.
    Last edited by foxs; 06-08-11 at 04:37 PM.

Thanks for the update foxs.

Thank you, foxs!

3rd! Now WXB is a "real" White Dragon.

So glad I stumbled onto this - I finished the series recently and absolutely loved Wei Xio Bao as an anti-hero. Plus Wallace was pretty hot too ^^

Thanks for uploading these posts fox!

I just start reading this and Foxs you are very good translator with all the notes and etc....like really doing a school project. Thanks man!
    WXB is different from other Wuxia Hero character....his tougue is very lethal....LOL!..able to KILL and SEDUCE with little Kung Fu training.

Another merit with his being paled during the demo.... how lucky our hero can be.
    Looks like the Lu and Fat fellows are not willing to let wxb free eh ?
    cheerio..

Default Chapter 20 - Part 7

Sky, Tweety, ShimmerDreamz, you are welcome. Thanks for letting me know that you are following this. Smurf, crydee, it is called the 銀舌神功. Crazee, if I were them, I would prefer outside assignment as well. To me, the Cult Leader is a maniac with low self-esteem, you know, always wanting other people to kiss his posterior end.

I was a bit busy this week, sorry for the shorter update. I also changed the 'Three Beauties' Style' to 'Beauties' Three Moves'. Sounds a bit awkward, but it is closer to the original (美人三招).

-------------------------------------------------------
    In front of the Cult members, usually Hong Antong was very serious in maintaining his dignity, he would not casually speak or laugh; but this time, as he accompanied his wife teaching Wei Xiaobao, he kept chuckling while watching from the side, he was surprisingly patient. When Madame finished teaching, he said, "Madame's ‘Beauties' Three Moves’ is indeed formidable, but it is meant to kill. Let me teach you the 'Heroes' Three Moves', with the purpose of subduing the enemy, dead or alive."

Wei Xiaobao was greatly delighted; he kneeled down and said, "Thank you Jiaozhu."

Madame Hong laughed and said, "I have never heard about your 'Heroes' Three Moves'. You are teaching it to your disciple, but you did not teach it to me."

Hong Antong said with a laugh, "Just now I watched your ‘Beauties' Three Moves’ and came up with it, I don't know whether it will work. I want you to give me directions."

Madame Hong cast him a sidelong glance. "Aiyo," she said with an enchanting smile, "Our Great Jiaozhu is teasing me."

Hong Antong said, "From the beginning heroes can never pass the barrier of beauties. It's only natural that 'Heroes' Three Moves' cannot surpass ‘Beauties' Three Moves’."

Madame Hong burst into another enchanting laughter. "In front of a child, you still say this kind of talk?" she said in a tender voice.

Hong Antong realized he had somewhat forgotten his manners. He coughed and with a solemn expression said, "The White Dragon Envoy is young, when he fight, it will be easy for the enemy to grab the back of his neck and lift him up. Madame, let's pretend I am the White Dragon Envoy."

Madame Hong laughed and said, "You must promise not to hurt me."

"Naturally," Hong Antong replied.

Madame Hong stretched out her left hand to grab him and lift him up. Hong Antong was tall and powerfully built, perhaps he weighed around a hundred and seventy or eighty catties. Madame Hong looked frail and timid, unexpectedly she was able to lift him up seemingly without any effort.

"Watch carefully!" Hong Antong said. His left hand slowly reached back and scratched below Madame Hong's left armpit. Madame Hong giggled, her body turned soft. Hong Antong's left hand grasped her armpit, his right hand slowly turned back to grab her collar, and then slowly he lifted her up over the top of his own head, and gently flung her away. When Madame Hong's body touched the ground, it slipped away as if she was floating on the water surface. Madame Hong did not stop laughing, when her body stopped moving, she was still lying down on the floor, unable to stand up.

Just now Hong Antong scratched below her armpit, reached back and grabbed her, and flung her away, each movement was very slow, Wei Xiaobao was able to see everything clearly. He saw his movements were elegant, and unspeakably attractive; although he moved slowly, it was very efficient. The scratch, the grab, and the throw were amazing; compared to Madame Hong's fast and nimble movements, obviously it was several times more difficult.

Madame Hong laughed and said, "You tickled me. What kind of hero was that?" While saying that, she slowly stood up.

Hong Antong smiled and said, "It was a genuine hero's movement. Naturally I did not mean to tickle you, but if the White Dragon Envoy was grabbed and lifted up by the enemy, his 'da zhui' [big spine] acupoint must also be caught by the enemy. It is where the three 'yang du' [positive control] arteries of the hands and feet meet, his entire body will devoid of any strength, all he can do is using his finger to lightly scratching the enemy's 'ji quan' [extreme spring] acupoint below his armpit. This acupoint belongs to the hand's 'shao yang' [lesser yang] channel, the enemy will have no choice but to let go. If the White Dragon Envoy has the strength, he could fling the enemy over his head, while at the same time seal the ‘xiao hai’ [little ocean] acupoint behind the enemy’s elbow and 'ji quan' acupoint underneath his armpit, so that when he was thrown to the ground, he won’t be able to move a single step.”

Wei Xiaobao clapped his hands and said with a laugh, “This move is really amazing.”

Hong Antong said, “After you practice it well, execute the move the faster the better.” And then he lay on the floor. Madame Hong stretched out her foot to heavily step on his lower back. With her right hand she reached the door bolt leaning against the wall next to the door, and she placed it on his neck. With a sweet and tender voice she laughed and said, “Do you surrender?”

Hong Antong laughed and said, “I already surrendered long ago! Let me kowtow to you.” He pulled his legs as if he was about to kowtow, but his right arm slowly reached horizontally forward to touch the door bolt. ‘Crack!’ the door bolt unexpectedly broke.

Wei Xiaobao jumped in fright. If Hong Antong’s arm moved rapidly, based on his martial art skill, it would not be strange if he could strike the door bolt broken. But he was moving slowly and he only touched the door bolt, yet unexpectedly the door bolt broke; it was indeed beyond his expectation.

Hong Antong said, “Pull your legs pretending to kowtow, take the opportunity to pull your dagger. Although your hands do not have internal energy like mine, but your dagger is exceptionally sharp, whatever weapon the enemy has, you can cut and break it.” While his mouth was busy explaining, his body suddenly tumbled between Madame Hong’s legs.

Wei Xiaobao was startled; he thought Hong Antong was a respected Cult Leader, how could he crawl in between a woman’s legs? Although she was his own wife, it would still be improper. To his surprise, however, Hong Antong was not really crawling, he was just striking an attitude, with his left hand he grasped Madame’s right ankle, with his right hand he pretended to strike her lower abdomen, while saying, “With your dagger that can cut iron like mud, even if the enemy has gargantuan guts, he won’t dare to struggle.” Finished speaking, he slowly stood up, bring Madame Hong along with head down, feet up. Madame Hong laughed and said, "Quickly let me go, what are you doing?"

Hong Antong laughed aloud, he wrapped his right arm around her waist and let her go. He said, "White Dragon Envoy, you are short, you won't be able to lift the enemy, but you can grab his ankle and pull him. Even if you cannot lift him up, with your dagger on his lower abdomen, the enemy won't have any choice but surrender. And then you can kick the 'shen zang' [divine reservoir], 'shen feng' [divine seal], 'bu lang' [walkway/corridor] acupoints on the pit of his stomach several times, to guard against him retaliating."

Wei Xiaobao was greatly delighted. "Yes, yes!" he said, "I must kick him."

Hong Antong put his hands behind his back, letting the Madame seize him. Madame Hong picked the half broken door bolt and placed it on his neck. Hong Antong laughed and said, "The enemy is seizing my hands, naturally the main arteries on my wrists are being held, rendering my hands incapable. It's hard to strike back. In this situation, it should have been best to use your leg ..."

Before he even finished speaking, "Ah!" Madame Hong screamed. She laughed and let her hands go, and then leaped back. With a blushing face she said, "You must not teach a child to use such an obscene move."

Hong Antong laughed and said, "What's so obscene about the 'Pulling-up Yin Kick'?" His face turned serious as he continued, "The genital is a vital point on a human body, it can be fatal when hit. All the prestigious schools and big sects often have this 'Pulling-up Yin Kick' move within their punching and kicking techniques. Shaolin Pai has it, Wudang Pai also has it; nothing unusual. It's just that the enemy is behind you, both of your hands are under the enemy's control, and there is a blade on your neck; your only choice is to use the 'Pulling-up Yin Back Kick'."

Speaking to this point, he paused for a moment before continuing, "But the enemy must have guarded against you using this move. As soon as he sees your leg moves, most likely he would chop your little head down first. Consequently, this 'Pulling-up Yin Back Kick' may be quite useless."

He put his hands behind his back again and let Madame Hong held his wrists. Suddenly he bent all ten of his fingers, forming a half sphere, and then he threw his entire body backward, while all ten of his fingers grabbed Madame Hong's breasts.

Madame Hong quickly stepped back, hence she was forced to release her grip. She spat and said, "What kind of hero's move is this?"

Showing a faint smile, Hong Antong said, "The 'ru zhong' [breast center] and 'ru gen' [breast root] acupoints on human's chest, doesn't matter on men or women, are two fatal major acupoints. White Dragon Envoy, since the enemy can capture your hands behind your back, obviously his martial art skill is not weak; besides, most likely he has seized the acupoint on your wrists. But even if he did, it is not a big deal; as soon as he sees you making this move, he would involuntary step back. By the time he remembers that your hands do not have any strength, he is already one step too late. Madame, seize my hands again."

Madame Hong took two steps forward and gently tapped the back of his hand, and then she reached out with her left hand to grab his wrists, while leaning her upper body backward to avoid his fingers from bumping against her chest.

"Watch carefully!" Hong Antong said. Again he threw his body backward, while his ten fingers made a fake move toward her chest. Madame Hong knew this grab was a fake move, but she still pulled back to evade. Hong Antong suddenly made a somersault, his body leaped backward, his legs parted, and he landed on her shoulder, while the thumbs of both hands pressing on her 'tai yang' [sun] acupoint [temples], index fingers pressing on her eyebrows, and middle fingers on her eyes. He said, "If I add a bit more strength to my middle fingers, I will poke the enemy's eyes blind; if I add a bit more strength to my thumbs, the enemy will pass out. But I must guard against the enemy's counterattack."

He made another somersault in the air, and jumped more than a zhang backward. His right hand reached toward his calf, pretending to pull out the dagger. With the dagger pointing outward, left palm slanting up, he said, "If you poke the enemy's eyes and blind him, the force with which he would use to throw you off must be incomparably formidable. You must guard against him trying to grab you firmly and won't let you go."

Wei Xiaobao saw that this move was really complicated, just like a team of clowns in the circus trying to provoke laughter, but it was very effective to dodge the enemy's blade and hold the enemy's vital points under control. He sighed and said, "This move is really good, but it is very difficult to learn."

I'm First... yeay

#2.

Thanks foxs!

Thanks foxs!

Just to let you know there're readers following this translation.

More kungfu learned by WXB that probably won't stick.

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    More kungfu learned by WXB that probably won't stick.
    hahaha.... not sure about the first three, but I think that second three that involves trickery (bowing down to grab dagger), kicking genitals, and grabbing breasts - I think he's got it down pat.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    hahaha.... not sure about the first three, but I think that second three that involves trickery (bowing down to grab dagger), kicking genitals, and grabbing breasts - I think he's got it down pat.
    I suppose the second three will be the most effective as real fighter will not suspect or expect such moves and of course our hero will love it.... as it'll be a win win
    cheerio..

Hey.... I got promoted to member...lets celebrate.... err where are the Icons ???
    cheerio..

Thanks foxs.

Default Chapter 20 - Part 8

Ace, Tweety, thanks for the enthusiasm ... At first I did not understand, but then I realized you guys are playing this game with the Step Into The Past. Where's Ali?

Camtay, thanks. KChill, Smurf, I agree, those moves are very effective in a marketplace brawl, not in a real fight between martial art masters. Crazee, congratulations! Now you have to aim for 200 to be promoted to 'Senior Member'. Sky, thanks for faithfully leaving a note for me. I appreciate that.

One more part to the end of Book 2. Yay!

----------------------------------------------------------
    Hong Antong said, "Although I only teach you three moves, these moves contain qin na, acupoint sealing, and lightness, three types of martial art skill. If even one is not trained properly, these three moves cannot be used. Speaking about qin na, acupoint sealing, and lightness skills, each one needs ten years, eight years of training. But you only want to learn parts that are relevant to these three moves, it is a lot easier."

Immediately he explained the position of the acupoints, the qin na technique, and how to exert strength to the legs in lightness skill. He told Wei Xiaobao to try it several times and corrected the mistakes one by one. Only Wei Xiaobao did not dare to ride on his neck, Hong Antong also did not tell him to try that move.

"Jiaozhu," Madame Hong said, "My ‘Beauties' Three Moves’ were taught to me by Shifu, in the past I had to undergo 'a thousand hammer a hundred refinery' before I got it right. Your ‘Heroes' Three Moves’, on the other hand, seemingly appear out of nowhere, it was created at will, yet it is a lot more formidable than my ‘Beauties' Three Moves’. I am not trying to flatter you on your face, but great scholar respected for learning and integrity, a martial art master with profound knowledge, is indeed worthy or other people's admiration."

Hong Antong cupped his fist and said with a laugh, "Madame's erroneous praise, I really do not dare to accept."

In the hall the previous day, seeing Hong Antong neither talked nor laughed, as if he was only a wooden puppet, in his heart Wei Xiaobao was holding him in utter contempt; he was already thinking, "An old man who look like a stupid blockhead, why is everybody so afraid of him?" But now that he had seen his true martial art skill, his mind was fixed and he had no doubt whatsoever that this man indeed deserved to be admired; he said, "Training a certain skill passed on by Shifu until it is completely mastered cannot be considered strange; Jiaozhu was just thinking about certain move and he is able to execute it casually just like that, now that can be considered unmatched in the world."

"Why do you consider it unmatched in the world?" Madame Hong asked.

Wei Xiaobao said, "Even if the enemy's skill was higher, Jiaozhu would simply use several new moves, the enemy would not recognize it, he would have no choice but to cry out loud 'Surrender!'"

Hong Antong and Madame laughed aloud. One nodded slightly, the other one said, "That's true."

"Jiaozhu," Madame Hong said, "My ‘Beauties' Three Moves’ have three beauties' names, your ‘Heroes' Three Moves’ are very formidable, they should also have three big heroes' names."

Hong Antong smiled and said, "Alright, let me think. The first move is lifting up the enemy; that was Lintong lifting up Wu Zixu's cauldron. Let's call it 'Zixu lifting up the cauldron'."

Madame Hong said, "Good, Wu Zixu was a great hero."

Hong Antong said, "The second move throws the enemy down and pull him up; that was Lu Zhishen felling and pulling the weeping willow, let's call it 'Lu reaching and pulling the willow'."

"Very good," Madame Hong said, "Lu Zhishen was a great hero. Although your third move was ingenious, it carries a little bit of scoundrel or loafer's flavor, it does not seem to be too heroic ..." Speaking to this point, she broke into a tender giggle.

Hong Antong laughed and said, "What do you mean not too heroic? What kind of move would you call 'good' then? Hmm, my two index fingers were resting on your eyebrows; that was 'Zhang Chang drawing eyebrows'."

Madame Hong laughed and said, "Zhang Chang was not a hero; it was his wife who drew his eyebrows. Would you call that a heroic move?"

Hong Antong laughed and said, "He was having fun in the lady's chamber, and thus had his eyebrows drawn. Are you saying that by having his wife draw his eyebrows he was not a hero?" Madame Hong's cheeks blushed deep red; she shook her head.

Wei Xiaobao did not know which historical character this Zhang Chang was, he thought that by having his eyebrows drawn by his wife, not only he was not a hero, he was simply a coward man who was afraid of his wife. He did not understand that Hong Antong was using expression from literature to tease his wife. "Jiaozhu," he said, "In this third move you were riding on the enemy's neck. There were so many great heroes who ride a horse. Guan Yunchang rode a scarlet rabbit horse, Qin Shubao rode a chestnut horse."

Hong Antong laughed and said, "That's right, but Guan Yunchang's scarlet rabbit horse originally belonged to Lu Bu. Qin Qiong also sold his chestnut horse. Both are not too appropriate. I got it, in this move Di Qing was taming the steed [orig. 'dragon colt'], a precious horse; let's call it 'Di Qing subduing the dragon'. The precious horse he was subduing was originally a dragon incarnated."

Madame Hong clapped her hands, "Wonderful!" she said, "When Di Qing went into battle, he always wore bronze devil mask to frighten the barbarian troops that they screamed in terror and fled into the wilderness; naturally he was a great hero. It's just that we are called Divine Dragon Cult ..."

Hong Jiaozhu smiled and said, "It doesn't matter. There will be time that even a dragon will be subdued by someone until he is docile."

"Pei!" Madame Hong spat, her entire face blushed, her beautiful and glistening eyes were filled charm.

Immediately Wei Xiaobao practiced the ‘Beauties' Three Moves’ and ‘Heroes' Three Moves’ one by one. Whenever his technique or stance was incorrect, Hong Antong and Madame would give him more directions. These six moves were really ingenious; it was difficult for Wei Xiaobao to master it all at once. Hong Jiaozhu told him not to worry, he only needed to know the training technique, when the time came, he would master it by himself.

By the time the instruction was finished, it was already noon. Madame Hong was determined not to accept the dagger; she gave it back to Wei Xiaobao while saying, "You have not mastered the martial art skill, this time you are on mission for Jiaozhu, you must have this kind of sharp weapon to protect yourself." And then she added, "White Dragon Envoy, in our Cult, other than myself, you are the only one who has received Jiaozhu's personal instruction."

Wei Xiaobao said, "That is truly subordinate's good fortune, which I cultivated over I don't know how many incarnations."

Madame Hong said, "By being loyal to Jiaozhu in handling this matter, you are repaying Jiaozhu's benevolence."

"Yes," Wei Xiaobao replied.

"You may leave now," Madame Hong said, "Early in the morning tomorrow, you go onboard the ship and leave with Fat Toutuo and Lu Gaoxuan; you don't need to come here to say goodbye again."

Wei Xiaobao complied. He respectfully saluted the two people before turning around. When he reached the door, he turned his head and said, "Madame, if I live to be 80 years old, how about Jiaozhu and Madame teach me three more moves?"

Madame Hong was slightly startled, but she understood immediately that it was his way of well-wishing and praise. Right now he was only thirteen, fourteen years old, it would be sixty more years before he reached eighty, but Jiaozhu and she had long lives, which were the same as the heavens’, so it was only proper that they should live sixty more years. She giggled and said, “I promise you. On your eightieth birthday, Jiaozhu and I will teach you three more moves. When you reach the long life of a hundred years, we will teach you three more moves; it will be called ‘Old Shouxing’s three moves’[3], ‘Old Grandma’s three moves’.”

“No,” Wei Xiaobao said, “At that time, Madame will be as young and beautiful as today, most likely Madame and Jiaozhu will look a bit younger. The moves you teach me will be … will be … ‘Golden Boy’s three moves’, ‘Jade Maiden’s three moves’.” Hong Antong and Madame burst out in laughter.

Fat Toutuo and Lu Gaoxuan, two people, were sitting on a mountain rock outside the hall, they had been waiting for a long time, but all along did not see Wei Xiaobao coming out of the hall. They were puzzled and anxious, not knowing what kind of unforeseen event had happened. When they saw his smiling expression as he went out, they were relieved. They wanted to ask, but did not dare to ask. Wei Xiaobao explained, “Jiaozhu and Madame have taught me not a few of amazing martial art skills.”

Fat Toutuo and Lu Gaoxuan said together, “Congratulations White Dragon Envoy. In our Cult, other than Madame, Jiaozhu has never taught anybody one move or half a style.”

Feeling extremely smug, Wei Xiaobao said, “Jiaozhu and Madame also said the same thing."

Lu Gaoxuan said, "White Dragon Envoy is fortunate to enjoy Jiaozhu's favor, indeed it has never happened since our Cult was founded." After casting a glance toward Fat Toutuo, he asked Wei Xiaobao, "Have Jiaozhu and Madame ever mentioned when they are going to bestow us the antidote of the ‘leopard embryo tendon altering pill’?"

Wei Xiaobao was surprised, "There is an antidote for this ‘leopard embryo tendon altering pill’?" he asked, "Are you saying ... are you saying ... this is a poison?"

"I can't say that it is a poison," Lu Gaoxuan replied, "Let us go home and talk in details." He cast several glances toward the bamboo hall, his face revealed a cautious mixed with dread expression.

The three of them returned to the Lu family's home. Seeing the Fat and Lu, two people's gloomy expression, Wei Xiaobao grew suspicious; he asked, "Just what is actually this ‘leopard embryo tendon altering pill’? Is it poison, or is it miracle pill?"

Fat Toutuo sighed and said, "Whether it is a poison or a miracle pill, we'll just have to wait and see! The lives of ours, three people, are entirely in the White Dragon Envoy's hands."

Wei Xiaobao was startled, "Why?" he asked.

Fat Toutuo looked at Lu Gaoxuan, Lu Gaoxuan nodded his head, Fat Toutuo said, "White Dragon Envoy, when people are being polite to me, they call me Fat Zunzhe [Revered Monk]. When they are not being polite, they would call me Fat Toutuo. But I am this thin, the name completely does not reflect the reality. Don't you think it is a bit strange?"

"That's right," Wei Xiaobao said, "I have been wondering for a while, I thought other people were just joking with you, so they call you that name. But Jiaozhu also calls you Fat Toutuo, the Senior can't be joking with you."

Fat Toutuo heaved a deep sigh; he said, "This is the second time I took the ‘leopard embryo tendon altering pill’; I am really hovering between life and death, until now I still often have nightmares about it. Originally I was very short and very fat. The name 'Fat Toutuo', three characters is a well deserved reputation."

"Ah," Wei Xiaobao said, "After taking the ‘leopard embryo tendon altering pill’ you turned tall and thin? That's very good! Right now your appearance is grand, while previously you were short and fat, certainly it was not as good as now?"

With a bitter laugh Fat Toutuo said, "You got it right. But think about it: a short and fat guy, within three months my body was suddenly being stretched three chi, the skin on my entire body was dripping blood; do you think it feels good? If not my luck was good, finally reached Divine Dragon Island, and Jiaozhu was showing me great mercy by giving me the antidote, I am afraid I would have grown two more chi."

Wei Xiaobao was unable to restrain his amazement; he said, "The three of us have also taken this pill. For me to grow two more chi is not a big deal, but if you grow two more chi, you ... you will be too tall."

Fat Toutuo said, "The effect of this ‘leopard embryo tendon altering pill’ is really amazing, within one year after taking it, it can make the body strong and healthy; but if at the end of a year the antidote is not given, the violent side effect will flare up suddenly. Actually, it does not necessarily stretch human body. My Shige, Thin Toutuo was originally very tall, yet he suddenly became short. Originally he was thin, yet he swelled unbearably and turned into a completely fat person."

Wei Xiaobao laughed and said, "You, Fat Zunzhe has turned into Thin Zunzhe, the Thin Zunzhe has become Fat Zunzhe. If the two of you swap names, won't all your problems disappear?"

An angry look appeared on Fat Toutuo's face; he shook his head and said, "That won't do."

Wei Xiaobao promptly apologized, "I am sorry Fat Zunzhe, I was wrong; please do not get offended."

----------------------------------------------------------
    [3] Shouxing is the god of longevity.

FIRST!!! Yeah me!

Thanks foxs.

foxs, you are the energizer bunny. So awesome to see you translating and still going strong. Keep it up!
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    foxs, you are the energizer bunny. So awesome to see you translating and still going strong. Keep it up!
    Hoju! Where have you been? Missed you greatly . Might there be any update with WLWS (shamelessly requesting update ).