Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Jade Palace Lock Heart 《宫锁心玉》 - Yang Mi, Feng Shao Feng, Mickey He

Somehow, I find this new version of "Ming Yue" rather weird/awkward-sounding. Perhaps because I'm too used to the usual one sang by Theresa Deng.

Faye Wong's:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIdDASnirbY

Theresa's:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xcxCv06tXk
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Uh... don't worry, it'll be a happy ending for everyone except Mickey He's character. He becomes emperor but he'll be very lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    I think Sonjia is the villain in this series, she is cheating on her the king I think
    Yang Mi's character has 2 doppelgangers, I think. First, Guo Luoluo and then Hua Ying. Hua Ying is the bad one, she's evil. So, we'll have good Yang Mi and bad Yang Mi.. Haha. In fact, Hua Ying kinda takes Qingchuan's place on the wedding night but then Yinsi finds out that it's not Qingchuan. Haha. Okay, enough spoilery content. Enjoy.

Title: 见或不见
    Artists: Mickey He 何晟铭, Xiang Xiang香香
    Soundtrack: 宫 - 锁心玉
    Note: Ending themesong

http://www.muziboo.com/therainhouse/...n-huo-bu-jian/

Feel free to embed the songs in your websites or whatever..

This is my favourite out of the entire soundtrack.

it going to interest have bad YM & good YM. are they both in the palace or what need more detail

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    it going to interest have bad YM & good YM. are they both in the palace or what need more detail
    Do you remember that still where Yang Mi has an arrow in her chest? I think that's Hua Ying...

I know Hua Ying will get shot by Yinsi. He shoots her on the wedding night.

Let me get this straight, YM going back in time where there another version of herself who is bad. YM bad was killed by Yinsi on wedding night right. Who is Yinsi?

Yinsi is 8th prince or the character that Shao Feng is playing. Hearing these spoilers make me so excited for the drama! 2011 is so far away. So like in the drama, good YM and bad YM will co-exist at the same time right?

So bad YM on her wedding night right?

^ I'm guessing. Does that mean that the good or real Yang Mi (not the evil doppelganger) really gets married to 8th Prince? Cause I remember seeing some pictures of Yang Mi dressed in an all red outfit (kinda like the wedding red) but in the morning.

I'll see this just for Yang Mi. But I'm not sure whether Yu Zheng is that good at writing comedy. The trailers look a bit comedic.

Okay... Qingchuan was going to get married to Yinsi that night, but somehow, sneaky, cruel Hua Ying took her place.

Yes, good and bad Yang Mi at the same time. Something like the situation we have at The Vampire Diaries.

Only that Hua Ying will die. I don't know how long Hua Ying's arc is. I certainly hope it isn't for 4 episodes only. I hate it when Yu Zheng does that, bring in characters then kill them off. They barely even lived.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Mickey has a fantastic voice--I first heard him singing (Hu Ge is decent too I guess...can't think of any other actors/actresses whose singing I liked. Unless they were singer-turned-actors of course.)
    Um Peter Ho's pretty good. His version of 双飞 in Butterfly Lovers is really very sweet.

And then there's Huang Xiaoming. He has done a duet with Sun Li 就算没有明天 for Shanghai Bund. He also sang for Return of the Condor Heroes (2006)

Alec Su was actually part of the band called The Little Tigers. Nicky Wu and Chen Zhipeng (the guy who played Er Tai in Huan Zhu Ge Ge). But, I don't know, he kinda stopped singing? But, they were a big thing back then. They had the Justin Bieber/Jonas Brothers effect on everyone.

Flora Chan can sing. She sung a lot of TVB themesongs. TVB actually has a few actors who can seriously sing. Um, Gallen Lo, Adam Cheng..

And I think you've heard Vic Zhou and Barbie's duet. Or if you haven't, you should. Because it is a great song.

A lot of people say Chen Kun can sing. I dunno. I haven't checked his songs out.

Quote Originally Posted by wanglin View Post
    Yinsi is 8th prince or the character that Shao Feng is playing. Hearing these spoilers make me so excited for the drama! 2011 is so far away. So like in the drama, good YM and bad YM will co-exist at the same time right?
    Not so far away, after all. To sweeten the deal, Yu Zheng says we'll get another trailer end of this year.

How about that?

Oh, by the way, Tong Liya's last name is Tong, Liya is her first name. So, it's like Liya Tong. I mean, just for extra information.

I think Sonjia is the villain in this series, she is cheating on her the king I think
    Sonija's character, Suo Ni, is a classic example of a woman in the Forbidden City.

I mean, she's lonely, she knows she needs to survive, and the only way to survive is to get the king's attention, to be his favourite. And she needs a child, she needs to be pregnant. So, she hatches a plan. But, what happens is that, this guy who's in love with her becomes a eunuch for her. And the guy she loves dies in her hands.

Actually, I feel like Mickey He's character is more badass than Sonija's character.

But, the real threat to Qingchuan here is her identity. The very fact that she's from the future... And, look how they treated her once the Crown Prince announced that hey, Qingchuan can predict the future. Then, Kang Xi went all berserk because he thinks she's a witch. And, that's just the small stuff. So, bigger things are coming.

Like what will Yinzhen (4th prince) do to get his hands on Qingchuan? He wants her so badly...

why does Tong Li have an X on her face?
    That's cos the princes were bullying Suyan, Suyan is Tong Liya's character, and they painted an X on her face.

^ Really? This is great news. I been stalking Palace's chinese wiki looking for new videos or pictures. But, I can't read any chinese so I've been stalking this page for any spoilers.

I thought that when Sonjia wanted to get pregnant, she would of chosen a royal prince (cause I think I remember reading somewhere that a prince was caught with one of his father's concubine) to avoid muddling up the royal lineage.

I would of thought that KangXi would be like "Hey! Some girl that can perdict the future! Great! Watch my wipe out my enemies and conquer everything..." or something along those lines.

I thought that when Sonjia wanted to get pregnant, she would of chosen a royal prince (cause I think I remember reading somewhere that a prince was caught with one of his father's concubine) to avoid muddling up the royal lineage.

I would of thought that KangXi would be like "Hey! Some girl that can perdict the future! Great! Watch my wipe out my enemies and conquer everything..." or something along those lines.
    You read that part about a prince found with one of the concubines, and you're absolutely sure that what you read was about this drama?

I don't know whether she chose a prince, frankly, I don't know who she chose, I know that it definitely isn't Kang Xi.

Kang Xi's freaked about Qingchuan. He doesn't believe that she can predict the future. He assumed that she's a witch or she's dabbling in witchcraft, which is a serious issue. Voodoo, talking to the spirits and all that stuff is forbidden. With good reason, too.

The 'Great! Watch me wipe out my enemies and conquer everything..' sentiment is definitely there, but it wasn't Kang Xi who thought that way, it's some of the princes. The crown prince and some of the other princes want Qingchuan because of her knowledge.

Yinzhen (4th prince) loves her but it's selfish love. And it's hurting Qingchuan.

Yinsi (8th prince) falls for Qingchuan, truly falls for her. His teasing her is a cover up for the way he feels about her. Qingchuan is the only girl who dares to stand up to him and he's impressed and he's attracted by how forward she is.

I'm a Yinsi-Qingchuan fan too. They are so cute together.

According to Baike, Yang Mi plays Luo Qingchuan/Guo Luoluo/Hua Ying.

We can either think of Guoluo Luo and Hua Ying as the same person or two different people. Both Guoluo Luo and Hua Ying are in the Qing dynasty. Qingchuan is Qingchuan, from the 21st century.

What I'm interested to know is how is she connected to them. Is Qingchuan a descendant or is it just a coincidence that she has the same face as these women?

A note about Hua Ying, she may be bad, but she's in love with Yinsi too. She's evil but I don't think she's the main villain.

Ultimately, Qingchuan's worst enemy will turn out to be Yinzhen.

So basically good YM vs bad YM right. I would go berserk if I were Kang Xi, isn't some sort of law about against witch craft back in those day. Is Sonjia Kang Xi concubine or one of the prince concubine?

I actually like YM's "Ming Yue" better than her first song, at least it's not super auto-tuned. But, I never heard the original with Faye Wong and Theresa Deng who are fantastic singers...so I'm pretty sure I'd prefer their versions if I heard them before. (Actually maybe I will go check them out now, thanks for the links!)

I believe this did happen in actual history with the 2nd prince (crown prince), and the concubine did get pregnant (but she had to get the child aborted once they were found out). At least according to when I watched "Yong Zhen Wang Chao", which is WAY more historically accurate than Yu Zheng's series...however I never did check up if this fact was accurate. I don't know if this tidbit is incorporated into "Gong" though.

Quote Originally Posted by therainhouse View Post
    Um Peter Ho's pretty good. His version of 双飞 in Butterfly Lovers is really very sweet.

And then there's Huang Xiaoming. He has done a duet with Sun Li 就算没有明天 for Shanghai Bund. He also sang for Return of the Condor Heroes (2006)

Alec Su was actually part of the band called The Little Tigers. Nicky Wu and Chen Zhipeng (the guy who played Er Tai in Huan Zhu Ge Ge). But, I don't know, he kinda stopped singing? But, they were a big thing back then. They had the Justin Bieber/Jonas Brothers effect on everyone.

Flora Chan can sing. She sung a lot of TVB themesongs. TVB actually has a few actors who can seriously sing. Um, Gallen Lo, Adam Cheng..

And I think you've heard Vic Zhou and Barbie's duet. Or if you haven't, you should. Because it is a great song.

A lot of people say Chen Kun can sing. I dunno. I haven't checked his songs out.
    HXM I agree has a good voice in the sense that he is pleasing to listen to; however, you can tell he's not a professional singer because you can really hear the strain in his voice when he tries to hit the lower/higher notes. Same goes for Sun Li, Vic, Barbie, YM, and a lot of other actors. Hu Ge has a little bit of this issue but he actually pulls it off pretty good. Meanwhile, I would be convinced that Mickey + Deng Chao are professional singers, that's the difference for me. But, I am admittedly pretty critical of actors singing...

Alec has a great voice, but I did mention in my last post "except for singers-turned-actors", which he falls under. (Though I actually think he's a better actor than singer and I didn't even know he used to be a singer till years after seeing him in HZGG!) Same goes for Peter Ho (or did he start acting first? I'm not too sure about the timeline with him...but for him is the opposite, I think his singing is better than his acting).

I don't really watch TVB series, so I'm not really familiar with those actors...never heard Chen Kun either.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 11-01-10 at 08:30 AM.