Page 1 of 75 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Jade Palace Lock Heart 《宫锁心玉》 - Yang Mi, Feng Shao Feng, Mickey He

The casts look awesome, all star studded. Hopefully it's not one of his Scheming Beauty again, where they show up for like 30 minutes and then disappear

Tong Liya is gorgeous!!! It's funny how Yang Mi and Mickey He played a couple in Scheming Beauty and now together again in a different series with different partners

Quote Originally Posted by GeShiYuan View Post
    The casts look awesome, all star studded. Hopefully it's not one of his Scheming Beauty again, where they show up for like 30 minutes and then disappear
    I know, I'm really tempted to watch this series just for the cast. Although, seems like Yan Kuan is definitely a cameo since he's acting a modern-day character.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of time travel stories though...I think I only made it 5 episodes into Hu Ge's "the Myth" series before I gave up on it. Hopefully this one is more interesting and has a way better 2nd half than MRXJ.

Also find it funny that Yu Zheng keeps turning all the "evil" characters into the main, good characters. :P (At least based on the series I've watched before.) First with Empress Dou in MRXJ, now with the 8th prince, who was the main villain in "Yong Zheng Wang Chao". Gosh I hated him in that series...it'll be weird to have to root for the character here.

But this pretty much means Yang Mi & Feng Shao Feng won't have a happy ending together right? Ugh, I'm getting kinda fed up with these tragic endings.

Can anybody tell me the plot? Who is the lead? Is Yang Mi & Feng Shao feng? Is Hawick Lau a guest in this series? When does this series come out?

This look great! I have become a fan of Feng Shao Feng since the Drive of Life, he is a big eye candy and a good actor, and the ladies in here look beautiful too, can't wait!

Is this another travel to a past sort of series? Anybody know the plot of this series?

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    Is this another travel to a past sort of series? Anybody know the plot of this series?
    YM's character, Qing Chuan, inherits an antique shop from her grandfather and is transported back to the past via a piece of drawing. She becomes a palace maid and is embroiled in the power struggle among the princes. Initially, she is maid to the 8th prince (played by Feng Shao Feng) if im not wrong but tries to get herself to work for the 4th prince (played by Mickey He) instead because she knows from history that he is the person who will ultimately succeed Emperor Kang Xi, so she will be safe with him. However, she finds herself slowly falling for the 8th prince and vice versa which puts her in a dilemma. In the meantime, Emperor Kang Xi is very impressed by her knowledge (basically because she is well-versed in history and can predict things about to happen) and appoints her as an adviser or sorts. Qing Chuan discovers that true history is much darker and uglier than what she was taught and tries her best to teach the palace characters how to treasure each other instead.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

So who is lead actually Mikey He or Feng Shao Feng? What that girl that look like younger version of Sheren Tang? I think she is the second lead.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    YM's character, Qing Chuan, inherits an antique shop from her grandfather and is transported back to the past via a piece of drawing. She becomes a palace maid and is embroiled in the power struggle among the princes. Initially, she is maid to the 8th prince (played by Feng Shao Feng) if im not wrong but tries to get herself to work for the 4th prince (played by Mickey He) instead because she knows from history that he is the person who will ultimately succeed Emperor Kang Xi, so she will be safe with him. However, she finds herself slowly falling for the 8th prince and vice versa which puts her in a dilemma. In the meantime, Emperor Kang Xi is very impressed by her knowledge (basically because she is well-versed in history and can predict things about to happen) and appoints her as an adviser or sorts. Qing Chuan discovers that true history is much darker and uglier than what she was taught and tries her best to teach the palace characters how to treasure each other instead.
    Thanks for the synopsis! This series sounds very interesting I like the cast and the coupling of YM and FSF. Can't wait!
    "Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." - E.B. White

Official Websites:
    http://ent.hunantv.com/v/tv/gong/index.html

http://ent.sina.com.cn/f/v/gong/index.shtml

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/d/2010-07-21/U2599P28T3D3024573F346DT20100721165503.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.sinaimg.cn/ent/d/2010-07-21/U2599P28T3D3024633F346DT20100721170358.jpg')

Thanks for the pic updates! Feels like it's been awhile since I've watched a Qing dynasty series.

And I just realized that the name "Qing Chuan" is a play on words, hehe (sounds like the phrase that means "time travel to Qing dynasty"). Clever!

Never a big fan of Qing dynasty, but if I have my choice then I prefer FSS he much better than Mikey He.