Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jordanian shoots dead sex 16-year-old victim niece as ’honour killing’

Default Jordanian shoots dead sex 16-year-old victim niece as ’honour killing’

Jordanian shoots dead sex victim niece as ’honour killing’

A Jordanian man confessed to killing his 16-year-old niece to save his family’s “honour” after she was sexually assaulted, a judicial official said today.

The 43-year-old fired 30 machine-gun rounds in the direction of the girl yesterday, killing her instantly, at Deir Alla, west of the capital Amman, said the official who requested anonymity.

The man confessed to the murder, saying he did it to “cleanse the family honour” over suspicions of “bad behaviour” after the girl “lost her virginity a month ago in a sexual assault by a young man aged 17,” said the same source.

The girl’s family later married her off to a cousin “to conceal the facts,” the official added, stressing that the suspect in the sexual assault was being tried.

Prosecutors have charged the uncle with “premeditated murder.” Murder is punishable by death in Jordan but in so-called “honour killings” courts can commute or reduce sentences, particularly if the victim’s family asks for leniency.

Between 15 and 20 women are murdered in honour killings each year in the kingdom, despite government efforts to curb such crimes.

The Link
    http://www.businessday.co.za/article...aspx?id=115812

These kind of news are too many to count in such countries. But, I still feel angered whenever I read it even though I've countless such news.

If the country is really serious about preventing this crime from happening, they should make it a mandatory life sentence (I need to be consistent with my no death penalty stand) without parole and no option of forgiveness from victim's family (which usually happen to be his own family too).

It really sad when a girl who is sexually assaulted get no support from her family.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-27-10 at 12:41 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

If the country is really serious about preventing this crime of happening.
    They are not serious, and in fact appears to be encouraging it since they have leniency for honour-killings.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    They are not serious, and in fact appears to be encouraging it since they have leniency for honour-killings.
    it could even encourage murder ~ since it is known that if you claimed that this was done out of 'honor-killing', then you can just try to get rid of a relative with less consequences attached.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    It really sad when a girl who is sexually assault get no support from her family.
    Yeah, how could they do that to an innocent victim.
    I have no problem if they want to execute people who commit adultery but not the innocent victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Yeah, how could they do that to an innocent victim.
    I have no problem if they want to execute people who commit adultery but not the innocent victim.
    This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. If that's how you think, then you should go and live in the middle east with your kind. Adultery is not a crime. It might be a moral crime, but it is not a crime.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. If that's how you think, then you should go and live in the middle east with your kind. Adultery is not a crime. It might be a moral crime, but it is not a crime.
    though it was an expected response from Trien Chieu.
    o wilku mowa...♪

If that is the law of the land then what can you do? Who do you think you are to tell them what to do? I did not say that it should be the law, but I respect laws of other countries. If I don't like their way of life I don't go there.

If that is the law of the land then what can you do? Who do you think you are to tell them what to do? I did not say that it should be the law, but I respect laws of other countries. If I don't like their way of life I don't go there.
    Sure. Everyone can just take a plane and fly to whichever country they want to live in.

If he cared about honor, then he should kill the rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
    If he cared about honor, then he should kill the rapist.
    not really, they probably believed strongly that woman is the downfall of man, so much so that, the woman is at fault for just being available to be raped by the man. the rapist might righteously insist that as a man, he could not possibly control his sexual urges should a woman happeneed to let him have the knowledge that she was totally defenseless and the rape can take place if he wanted.

So, what should the woman do?

Cover herself up in a giant cloth, and camoflouge herself to the extent that the poor man will not notice that there is a woman around the vicinity.

Failure to conceal herself would imply she is 'giving' consent to be raped freely...and hence dishonored her family.

If she happened to move or somehow allow the man to think that underneath the giant cloth is a human female, then the woman is also at fault, because she is suppose to be INVISIBLE to any human male. If she doesnt have the mutant ability of Susan Storm and was unfortunately exposed to some man, and got raped by him, it was her fault because she did not make herself invisible.

Now do you understand why the woman has dishonored her family?

As for the rapist? Oh poooor thing!!!!!! He was made to 'sin' because the woman is available!

o wilku mowa...♪

Sure. Everyone can just take a plane and fly to whichever country they want to live in.
    hehehe, in some places, you cant even move to another city within the same country easily.
    o wilku mowa...♪

We can advance human civilization is what we can do. However, that wasn't my point or my quarrel.
    I was mad at you for agreeing with killing people for committing adultery. It is a crime in the stone aged middle east, but it is not a crime in the rest of the world where there's a civilization. You live in Canada, yet you would agree to killing those who committed adultery? That's pretty islamic thinking of you.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

We can advance human civilization is what we can do. However, that wasn't my point or my quarrel.
    I was mad at you for agreeing with killing people for committing adultery. It is a crime in the stone aged middle east, but it is not a crime in the rest of the world where there's a civilization. You live in Canada, yet you would agree to killing those who committed adultery? That's pretty islamic thinking of you.
    Not islamic thinking but ancient china thinking. You know how the ancient chinese use to drown adulteress and her lover?
    TC loves the wuxia world and the ancient chinese world.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-01-10 at 08:29 PM.

You know how the ancient chinese use to drown adulteress and her lover?
    That's pretty...extreme. Does Madam Ma get drowned?

Red face

Not islamic thinking but ancient china thinking. You know how the ancient chinese use to drown adulteress and her lover?
    TC love the wuxia world and the ancient chinese world.
    I know that. sigh... I was talking about present day, not the past. Hence, the stone aged reference. It's islamic thinking today and not one bit Chinese thinking or western thinking or any other non-stone age thinking today. The keyword is today.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

I know that. sigh... I was talking about present day, not the past. Hence, the stone aged reference. It's islamic thinking today and not one bit Chinese thinking or western thinking or any other non-stone age thinking today. The keyword is today.
    And that's why I said 'ancient china', which is where he got the thinking from, not Islam teaching.

Btw, adultery is still a crime in South Korea. You can get jail for committing adultery, although it's seldom enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    That's pretty...extreme. Does Madam Ma get drowned?
    Is this sarcasm or you really don't know whether Madam Ma got drowned or not?

Read up on 浸豬籠 if you know chinese.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-01-10 at 11:17 PM.

1. Adultery is not only a crime in Islam, but also in Christian (You shall not commit adultery, Matthew 5:27) and in Judaism (You shall not commit adultery, Exodus 20:14 and Deuteronomy 5:18). In Torah,

2. Honor killing is a regional customs and not a part of the true Islamic teachings. A rape victim does not warrant a death penalty or any punishment at all. The rapist, on the other hand, would be subject to harsh punishment if proven guilty.

3. Proving adultery under Islamic law is a very difficult task as it requires the accuser to produce four eye witnesses to the act of sexual intercourse, each of whom should have a good reputation for truthfulness and honesty.

4. You can't throw away which ever part of religion that does not suit you and only use what you like.
    Last edited by Ace High; 09-04-10 at 12:49 PM.

If you want a little more insight into the Islamic mindset, you might want to Google Salim Mansur and read some of his articles [some of which appear in some Canadian newspapers]. Here's an example:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/ori26g.jpg')

This Mansur guy is very brave.