Thread: best series with adam cheung

Default best series with adam cheung

my favorite is the greed of man

I grew up watching adam cheung's wuxia series. Examples are heaven sword dragon sabre, swordsman chu, "princess xiang xiang".

Actually I dislike his character in the above series because of the sad endings for his "love" character. In the first, zhao min died; second, rongrong died and third I think qitong lost all her kungfu.

I believe his name is Adam Cheng.
    I love almost all of his TV series and the best one is Chor Lau Heung.
    Last edited by adamcheng22447; 07-27-10 at 08:31 AM.
    ♥ Adam

Favourite Acting: Greed of Man (Ding Hai)
    Favourite Plot: The Final Verdict (Tse Mun Mo)
    Favourite Character: The Conqueror's Story (Lau Bong)
    Most Unreplaceable Role: Luk Siu Fung (Yi Gu Sing)

Can't really differ and chose which one I like the most out of these four! Each has a special space in my heart. Like all four.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Favourite Acting: Greed of Man (Ding Hai)
    Favourite Plot: The Final Verdict (Tse Mun Mo)
    Favourite Character: The Conqueror's Story (Lau Bong)
    Most Unreplaceable Role: Luk Siu Fung (Yi Gu Sing)

Can't really differ and chose which one I like the most out of these four! Each has a special space in my heart. Like all four.
    Greed of Man and Final Verdict are definitely 1-2 for me. He was pretty awesome in Instinct and Cold Blood Warm Heart too. Conqueror's Story was pretty decent overall, but I felt like he didn't have to flex his acting muscles that much in that one. I still need to see Luk Siu Fung! I keep hearing how his cameo role in it is so classic. I just need to find an uncut version somewhere.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Growing up, I watched many Adam Cheng dramas. He has many memorable roles (he played many heroes), but IMO his most astounding role is in the Greed of Man. Man, that was some brilliant acting! His character is probably one of the most interesting and babbling characters in TVB's history. I have the series and my family watches it again occasionally. Great stuff
    "Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." - E.B. White

Cold Blood Warm Heart was just a typical Adam role - the male version of Charmaine Sheh, too good to be true kind of chap. But it worked really well, and his chemistry with his costars was just great. Final Verdict was good too, but a bit more depressing, and the fashion seemed a bit.. old. =)

I loved his more recent serials, though, also all kind of too-good-to-be-true characters, old and wise, charming, smart and talented, but he does those roles really well. Bar Bender, King of Snooker and the Prince's Shadow all have him cast as similar type of characters, but they're all really really entertaining, prince's shadow being arguably the best of the three.

If you want to look beyond TVB, he also did a great Qianlong in the 2009 Book and Sword from China.

im watching instinct right now. It's very good as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Cold Blood Warm Heart was just a typical Adam role - the male version of Charmaine Sheh, too good to be true kind of chap. But it worked really well, and his chemistry with his costars was just great. Final Verdict was good too, but a bit more depressing, and the fashion seemed a bit.. old. =)

I loved his more recent serials, though, also all kind of too-good-to-be-true characters, old and wise, charming, smart and talented, but he does those roles really well. Bar Bender, King of Snooker and the Prince's Shadow all have him cast as similar type of characters, but they're all really really entertaining, prince's shadow being arguably the best of the three.

If you want to look beyond TVB, he also did a great Qianlong in the 2009 Book and Sword from China.
    Let's not forget The Conqueror's Story, one of the best recent TVB series ever. The only complaint I have is his lack of chemistry with Jia Bi Yi (the Miss HK that was also one of his concubine).

In Conqueror's Story, there was a true character development. Adam tends to understand the script very well and magically translate that on the screen.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by qfung View Post
    im watching instinct right now. It's very good as well
    Is it really that good? Maybe because I was too young to appreciate what was going on so I thought it was boring. Very boring. I remember the songs in it were good though.