Thread: Anime of Chinese Series???

Default Anime of Chinese Series???

wall of text
    i've seen the condor heroes (return of condor heroes) anime, it was okay. was just wondering how come china just doesn't produce these jing yong gu long and various good stories into anime besides tv adaption?

in anime you could just make it look way flashier, fight scenes cool, like avatar-last air bender was cool, like how they fought like chinese series style. naruto had good fight scenes, bleach, one piece, dbz, grappler baki, tenjou tenge, yu yu hakusho, rurouni kenshin, samurai champloo, i could keep going.

n having seen the storm riders clash of evil on youtube, i don't see why the chinese won't just make these great novels/tv series into anime which would be easier since fans won't be picking on the actors/actress who portray the characters?

some of you get tired of new or remake coming out, so i think it'll be a good step and marketing to go into animation, but please don't make the animation style as bad as condor hero.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opUMy...eature=related

i think if they go into anime, it'll make more people who watches japanese anime watch the chinese one and get into the chinese novels and tv series. also it'll attract more westerners as well even tho they are already into chinese tv series and movies, but it'll make em more money etc and make the chinese novel/tv series more popular amongst other people around the world that wasn't into chinese novel and tv series.

storm riders clash of evil
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heOIa...ext=1&index=30

i just hope they make these good novels/tv series into an anime, it will give em the edge since they will be able to use less budget and make the anime more like the novels and have cool fight scenes etc that movies can't do.

In China, you don't need anime versions of novels because the TV series reach a wider audience than the anime would. Adults and kids watch the TV series, while only kids watch anime. Bigger audience means more money.

On the other hand, if they wish to export their culture (which they should), China should seek a Japanese partner to animate more of their novels. Japanese are fervent fans of Chinese Literature. It was the Japanese gaming company KOEI that popularized Romance of the Three Kingdoms throughout the world. And Journey to the West inspired Dragon Ball, arguably the most well-known anime.

I thought that ROCH anime was pretty faithful to the novel. I watched a few episodes and got terribly bored since I find ROCH the novel super boring anyway.

If you want to make an anime out of a novel, you should pick a novel that would appeal to your market. The biggest anime market is of course Japan. They didn't like ROCH. Maybe you should pick a completely different novel for your next anime. Something like Smiling Proud Wanderer would be a good bet.

I think that they defnitely should make an animated series using today's animation techniques.

I used to have my reservations... due to the fact that Chinese artistic culture and style was so different to that of Japan. Ex: Stormriders comic vs Ruouni Kenshin. But after seeing what they can do with Stormriders Clash of Evils, I imagine that a Chinese styled anime is definitely feasible.

Note: Not saying that Japanese manga/anime is bad... but it's sometimes TOO flashy for wuxia IMHO.

yeah, i know chinese tv series already make alot of fan service etc. but making it into anime will make it more popular amongst the anime fans.

after rewatching storm riders clash of evil, i believe they did a good job animating all those fight scenes and there animation style are cool. only if condor heroes(return of condor heroes anime) had the same person making the anime like storm riders, then that anime would've turn out good.

good thing about chinese novel, is they are different from the japanese counterpart which usually follow same traditional story over and over.

chinese series/novels has more plot, character development, fights, etc. the tv series itself are good being a fan of tvb 80 seres til this day, i just wish series like heaven sword, state of divinity, condor heroes, liu xiao feng, demi god semi devil, chor lau heung, etc to get animated with same style storm riders clash of evil had. but use good ost like japanese anime style so it makes the fight hype.