Thread: The Men of Justice [法網群英] (Lawrence Ng, Amy Chan, Joey Yung, Jackie Lui, William So..

Default The Men of Justice [法網群英] (Lawrence Ng, Amy Chan, Joey Yung, Jackie Lui, William So..

official hp: http://www.hkatv.com/v3/drama/10/The...ice/index.html

started airing 7/26/2010

A new ATV series (done in 2008) is finally airing on ATV in HK!

Watch Videos:
    Themesong
    Subsong: Hard to Say I'm Wrong
    Subsong: I'll be There for You
    Last edited by creidesca; 07-31-10 at 12:05 PM.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Oh! Lawerence Ng, Amy Chan, Kenneth Chan, and Jackie Lui! This should be good.

Wasn't Joey Meng suppose to be in this one too?

How come they warehoused the series and now they're airing it? I miss ATV produced shows.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Yes, Joey is in this one...one of the medical examiners I believe.

Watched the 1st 1/2 of EP 1 last night. My Cantonese is nonexistent, my traditional chinese limited, so I was a bit confused by the opening scene.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

I'll be watching this for Pinky Cheung and Jackie Lui.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Check out episode 1. I'm so happy that all the HK actors use their own voice. I guess they are all not contracted with TVB in anyway. So glad.

This series got so many actors I like
    Jackie Lui
    Kenneth Chan
    Pinky Cheung
    Berg Ng
    Tse Kwan Ho
    Joey Meng

Also miss there other ATV actors I haven't see for quite sometime like Wong Wan Choi, Lau Sek Yin, Chow Chi Hou, Poon Chi Man.

Actors I have not see even longer included Ng, So Hang Suen, Chan Ka Fai.

Lawrence Ng, William So and Amy Chan are also welcomed cast.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-01-10 at 12:07 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Banned

I miss ATV produced shows.

i have watched till epi 10. to me it's kinda messy. a lot of flash backs. like scenes u see in the first few episodes. they are like brief snippets. a nd then it get played out in the later epi.

yeah, strong cast and mostly artists that i like. kinda reminds me of date with vampire. lam suet is great in there. and so is amy chan.

Is this a grand production from ATV?

This series is top notch from top to bottom, good solid casts (veterans and lead roles, to minor stand-in ppl) and everything just looks so professional from the way its filmed and produced.

The theme song is also catchy with no vocals....
    Last edited by Dai Hiep; 08-19-10 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Hiep View Post

This series is top notch from top to bottom, good solid casts (veterans and lead roles, to minor stand-in ppl) and everything just looks so professional from the way its filmed and produced.
    Agreed with you. Good series with many familiar faces that I have not seen in a long time.

The editing of the series is a bit choppy for my taste. The storyline is interesting, but the delivery of the story is too choppy and not coherent.

Seems like a waste of the cast and the storyline because of the bad editing.

The cases were interesting in a way that it travelled along the grey boundaries rather than stay safe in the black and white areas. The cases were realistic and touching because it was very human. Good people can commit crimes too for different reasons but what is forgivable and what is not? The cases touch on euthanasia, pet control, neglect of the elderly, perception of psychiatric illness and also the never-ending war between puclic servants and citizens. Plus, the series also touches on the taboo topic of gender change and acceptance.

All the characters are flawed but you can see the human side of them also and why they are that way. But I do have to complain about too many characters. They are heaps if people in the police and the legal department but not all of them have their own story and are boring. Most are just their for show and act like background props. The police group are OK, but most of the legal department and the private law firm are just stand ins. Don't know the names of the characters even till the end.

Things I like about it:
    (1) The depth of the cases
    (2) The dynamics between the cops - the good and the bad and the lot in between are portrayed very realistically
    (3) The reality of it all - good guys don't always win, the justice system is flawed
    (4) Kenneth Chan - haven't seen him for a long time, looks good
    (5) Amy Chan - I like "Maggie"s strength and integrity
    (6) Not too much focus of romantic relationships - not everyone ends up with someone means no waste of screen time for lovesick couples, but there are some romantic relationships in it which are good (like Pinky and Jackie)
    (7) Chemistry between the non-romantic characters - like friends (Kenneth, Lawrence and William look like real freinds)
    (8) The theme - catchy music and then english songs are ncie too

Things I hate about it:
    (1) The ending - too abrupt and the open cases
    (2) Jo Koo has too much screentime - and her acting is stiff
    (3) Too many insignificant characters
    (4) Joey Meng's character obsession - too confusing
    (5) The triads - really lame group in here
    (6) Marco Ngai - don't get what his character is doing and he looks like he gained weight

I think this series would have been better if ATV had not run of money halfway and could not pay artistes to finish scenes. We are lucky that this even aired so I forgive the editing. Nice try by ATV and I hope new management will allow ATV to make more quality dramas.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Th good/bad/lazy cop got too much screen time, one was sleeping with the undercover cop who went rogue, the other cop who fell in love with lawrence was a waste of storyline, then u have that fat cop lame *** character...

as for the lawyers, the younger looking ones were more like crops who didnt get much screen time..

the only thing i enjoyed about this series is the characters lawrence, kenneth and william so...lol william so how come every character he portrays ends up being gay...lol dude is funny though in this series...

so is this series good? does it have alot of comedy or mainly serious? i miss atv. i hope they keep producing series.

started rewatching gun n glory with jackie liu n joey meng. very funny. i like how the series is comedy oriented being cops etc. i hope they do a remake of gun n glory having jackie liu n joey reprising their roles with up to date graphics, but have all the comedy back in.

The editing of the series is a bit choppy for my taste.

I thought the story was pretty good but the editing made it confusing at times but good to see so many actors/actress again.